• Peter Grantham

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Grantham 29 Apr, 2016

I was going to mark this down because I was bored of the long scenes of clueless military people talking.

Then the last half an hour happened. Very exciting.

The Crazies is a very interesting look at the nature of society at that time. I wish I could say things had changed a lot *sighs.*

• J. Crawford

★★★½ Rewatched by J. Crawford 19 Nov, 2005

I saw this at a pre-release screening in a small theatre in NYC's Upper Westside, hosted by Romero. I had a good time.

• Myron Schmidt

★★★★ Watched by Myron Schmidt 04 Apr, 2016

I really enjoyed this. Given the time and budget this was well done. Characters were likable and believable. Great pacing and dialogue. It's not going to win any awards but still s great solid movie.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

It never ceases to amaze me what Romero can accomplish with a limited budget and a heaping dose of paranoia. Though mostly people arguing, there were some truly messed-up scenes along with an ever-tightening sense of claustrophobia that kept me interested.

• Craig Hart

★★★ Added by Craig Hart

Low-budget actioner about a chemical weapon that leeches into the water supply of a small Pennsylvania town, driving those exposed to it murderously insane. The military comes in to close off the town and find a cure, while various townspeople try and survive. More and more townspeople go insane, as the military lose control of the situation, hampered by their lack of technology and own bureaucracy. Directed by George Romero, this is one of his earlier post-”Night of the Living…

• Evertom BlaK

★★★½ Watched by Evertom BlaK 25 Feb, 2016

Nem só de zumbis vive o grande mestre George A. Romero, que aqui nos traz uma obra cheia de críticas a sociedade no geral utilizando para isso um plot simples. E isso é o que torna esse filme muito bom! Um plot simples que é bem desenvolvido! Um clima de suspense com algumas sequências de ação. Não é o típico filme onde o terror tem uma causa sobrenatural. Aqui tudo é real, urbano, bem mais realista. O terror é, muitas…

• PRY

★★★ Watched by PRY 07 Feb, 2016

Has the nihilistic feel and intent without fully selling the content within. Still a solid blood and paranoia tale hot off the '60s slab.

• Patrick

★★★ Watched by Patrick 11 Dec, 2015

The metaphor still works, but it's missing something. Still, it's easily recommended to any fan of Romero.

• Jacob Hamblen

★★ Watched by Jacob Hamblen 21 Nov, 2015

i was disappointed. i enjoyed the remake and wanted to watch the original. i thought it was very boring though. it picked up a little by the end but i still didn't like it.

• Guilherme W. Machado

Watched by Guilherme W. Machado 13 Nov, 2015

"You, what do you own the world?
    How do you own disorder, disorder,
    Now, somewhere between the sacred silence,
    Sacred silence and sleep,
    Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep,
    Disorder, disorder, disorder." (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Toxicity)

• damug

★★ Watched by damug 22 Oct, 2015

Why did that army man need that poor family's fishing poles?

I think the remake was a whole lot better too.

• WizardmanJones

★★½ Watched by WizardmanJones 23 Oct, 2015

It's heavily flawed movie, and poorly edited, but it's actually a very ambitious and an intriguing plot. That doesn't mean it's good, but it's...interesting.

The parallel story lines, wherein the heroes of each are essentially the villains for the other, is a really cool idea that unfortunately doesn't really go anywhere.

I wish this had been a better movie altogether, which is why I'm actually now MORE disappointed with it's 2010 remake than I was previously. The remake is more…