• rossboyask

★★ Watched by rossboyask 23 Oct, 2014

A really interesting concept but the original film does not hold up well, especially compared to the much superior recent remake.

• Dave Seguin

★★ Watched by Dave Seguin 15 Oct, 2014

By the end of the Crazies I wanted to cry....from boredom! UGH! Ok so don't hate me cause I know George Romero is awesome and can make awesome movies. I mean this is from the Godfather of zombie movies and you think I would enjoy a film about a virus turning people crazy! But it's boring. I can't believe I actually enjoyed the remake better.

The problem with the original Crazies is that they have no budget to tell the…

• Dean Jones

• Patrick Walker

Watched by Patrick Walker 02 Oct, 2014

50 Film October Horror Challenge #4

Meh.

A few good sequences. It was Night of the Living Dead again really, with crazies instead of zombies. Not a particularly engaging film for me, I'm afraid.

• Kobi2

★★ Watched by Kobi2 22 Sep, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★ Watched by Nathan Sizemore 12 Sep, 2014

Feels pretty low budget and constrained. Knightriders made me want to go and watch the Romeros I haven't seen. The Crazies put a little bit of a damper on that impulse.

50/100

• Filip Önell

★★★ Added by Filip Önell

"The Crazies" (1973) suffers somewhat from a limited budget, but George A. Romero made a really smart, gripping, dark and eerie satire of government ineptitude. The film is about a biochemical warfare virus that infects the water supply of a small town and turning the locals insane. However, the bigger threat here are the soldiers dressed in creepy, white, bacteria-proof suits and gas masks, as well as the government officials bickering among themselves; they can't control the outbreak and are…

• film|captures

★★½ Watched by film|captures 03 Sep, 2014

Lacked the tension that I had expected.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

The clunky cutting back-and-forth between the two groups severely undercuts any of the film’s tension but also simultaneously gives the film a sort of pseudo-documentary quality. This is bolstered by the sense of rawness which the film possesses in spades; the same rawness which made Night of the Living Dead so such a grim ordeal.

• miriam

★★★ Watched by miriam 26 Aug, 2014

uhm podría estar mejor pero la daremos por buena por ser del maestro romero

• AngryAssSloth

★★★ Watched by AngryAssSloth 19 Aug, 2014

The years haven't done much good to this movie. That plus the budget for this movie was incredibly low made for a very dated film. The special effects were pretty bad. The story was original, at least of the time that this movie was made. Now there are a lot of movies that use the government quarantine kind of story. One thing that had me somewhat disappointed was how most of the story was focused on the government interaction in…