• Raúl Cornejo

★★★ Watched by Raúl Cornejo 11 Dec, 2014

Máscaras, cuarentena y militar

• JD Dawson

★★★½ Rewatched by JD Dawson 25 Oct, 2014

The plot might be thin and the actors don't react realistically to anything happening in the movie, but hell, Romero's "The Crazies" is a visual feast. Just watch the first hour and you'll be struck by how dynamic the look of this movie is. It's raw, rough, and frenetic: a piece of low-budget genius.

• ManBitesZombie

★★★★ Rewatched by ManBitesZombie 05 Nov, 2014

Smart and timely social horror marred by inconsistent editing and poor sound design. But it does have what I love most about Romero, social commentary, some great direction, independently made, great villains, raiding homes like the Ghetto Holocaust scene in Dawn, and plenty of people just arguing about the situation to each other.

• Karen Morris - Kola

★★½ Added by Karen Morris - Kola

A man made virus causes insanity and death. The military tries to control it. Lots of talking with sprinkles of action. This movie was all over the place and a little boring.

• Hannah Lynch

★★★★ Rewatched by Hannah Lynch 29 Oct, 2014

Director George Romero yet again proves he knows how to utilize and justify a budget, no matter how small. Incidental music liberally springs up in the most appropriate areas to enhance emotions, or juxtapose violence while a strong allegorical tale is woven throughout heinous acts to be unraveled by the viewer.

• Forrrestw2Rs

★★ Watched by Forrrestw2Rs 30 Oct, 2014

It has some good action and a lot of the themes that George A. Romero perfected early on in his career, but with its manic editing, lack of vivid characters, and feeling surprisingly lengthy, this film falls surprisingly flat.

• rossboyask

★★ Watched by rossboyask 23 Oct, 2014

A really interesting concept but the original film does not hold up well, especially compared to the much superior recent remake.

• Dave Seguin

★★ Watched by Dave Seguin 15 Oct, 2014

By the end of the Crazies I wanted to cry....from boredom! UGH! Ok so don't hate me cause I know George Romero is awesome and can make awesome movies. I mean this is from the Godfather of zombie movies and you think I would enjoy a film about a virus turning people crazy! But it's boring. I can't believe I actually enjoyed the remake better.

The problem with the original Crazies is that they have no budget to tell the…

• Dean Jones

• Patrick Walker

Watched by Patrick Walker 02 Oct, 2014

50 Film October Horror Challenge #4

Meh.

A few good sequences. It was Night of the Living Dead again really, with crazies instead of zombies. Not a particularly engaging film for me, I'm afraid.

• Kobi2

★★ Watched by Kobi2 22 Sep, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.