• BrianSA

Added by BrianSA

All the technical wizardry and philosophical musings can't cover up how incompetent this self-important film is.

• Wanda Romanoff

★★★★★ Watched by Wanda Romanoff 28 Mar, 2015

what a gem
    one of my all time favorites

• Beck

Added by Beck

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is such an infuriatingly bad movie mainly because you can see so much good, or at least potential for good, within it:

It's an interesting concept

Great cast

Superb special effects and wardrobing

Beautiful technical assets from one of the most interesting auteur directors alive

But what does this add up to? A boring failure of a film that just doesn't work at all; it fails at romance, it fails as a fantasy/folk story,…

• nidasuleyman

CinemaskTime 30

• Louis-Charles

★★★ Watched by Louis-Charles 12 May, 2015

That one was special.

I really like David Fincher and I don't know why, but I didn't feel like this was a movie directed by him. That's not a bad thing though, the movie was good. It was strange though. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett were both excellent in their roles.

Still, this isn't a movie an action movie. I found that some scenes were long, but those were a minority, which is good since the movie runs almost 3…

• Carnaval

★★★ Watched by Carnaval 09 May, 2015

The spotlight is the makeup, and it's f***ing perfect, so I'll not comment about that.

I've checked that I wasn't the only one who remembered Forrest Gump while I was watching this one, although I enjoyed more The Curious Case. It's well mounted and elapses with an almost touchable serenity; but, as I think, the dialogue's tone is monotonous not a few times, but poetic in a certain way. That was weird.

But, overall and the most important, it's so…

• Lee

★★★ Watched by Lee 02 May, 2015

The first David Fincher movie that made me not care about the character within after 30mins. Just couldn't place my finger on why I wasn't as transfixed to the screen like most of his work.
    It has a huge solid cast and the concept works well but this is the first film of his I felt disapointed right up to the end.

• Brakywaki

★★★½ Added by Brakywaki

As a fan of David Fincher's entire filmography, I've FINALLY watched this and have no idea why the hell he made it. It isn't bad, but it doesn't really have a plot and it doesn't really fit in with the rest of his work. Still, it's well-made and the cast brings their a-game. I'm just not sure to what end.

• jcase95

★★★★ Watched by jcase95 06 May, 2015

A very different film for David Fincher but a great one none-the-less. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is quite touching. It's well cast, well acted, and well told. While the run time is long, it needs all the time it has. Not a single part seems like it could be taken out.

• TheJamesTaylor

★★★★★ Added by TheJamesTaylor

My #2 favorite movie of all time. A true masterpiece.

• Corey Pierce