• Tyrizzle

★★★★ Added by Tyrizzle

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starring the handsome Brad Pitt, is about a boy who is born with old man genes, he's young but he looks old, and each year he gets younger and younger and has to watch all of his friends and family die around him.

• Sigfred Storstrand

★★★★ Watched by Sigfred Storstrand 04 Oct, 2015

I almost had to open an Excel-page to keep track on how old everyone was throughout.

• chcstorey3

★★★ Watched by chcstorey3 27 Sep, 2015

So I might be swimming against the current on this one, but I don't like this movie. Large sections of this movie are boring and Brad Pitt honestly isn't that compelling. Though I like the basis for the film I think it was poorly executed. That being said it does have its moments. Definitely not one of Fincher's best.

• wakeupjyoo

★★★★ Watched by wakeupjyoo 08 Aug, 2009

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

스콧 피츠제럴드의 단편을 토대로 만들어진 영화.

거꾸로 흐르는 시간을 살아가는 벤쟈민을 따라가며 우리 생을 생각하게 만든다.
    아무 생각없이 사는것처럼 보이는 아이들이 사실 노인의 지혜를 가질수 있다 - 비록 할수있는것은 적지만.

닳고 시들은 인생이라고 생각하는 노년기에도 아이같은 순수함을 가질수 있다고 생각할 수 있다.
    마지막 죽음의 순간엔 빈손으로 왔던 것처럼 아무것도 없는 갓난아이의 모습으로 간다는 것 아닐까?

중년의 케이트에게 십대 후반의 모습으로 나타난 피트.
    그 둘의 섹스만큼 슬픈게 있을까?
    돌아서서 처지고 주름진 몸을 가리며 옷을 입는 케이트의 모습이 무척 가슴을 아리게 한다.
    왜 그때 만나야 했을까?

난 이 영화가 좋다.

• zach parker

★★ Rewatched by zach parker 20 Sep, 2015

- wanted to give it another go after being disappointed in the theater though my original quibbles were it had an aimlessly boring story structure & a self-centered view of aging and death. i remembered these were my quibbles when, after this viewing, i said them again.
    - cinematographer Claudio Miranda also did "TRON: Legacy," "Oblivion," and "Life of Pi."

• Hogenbirk

★★★ Watched by Hogenbirk 20 Sep, 2015

3.25 stars

• teamzizzou

★★★½ Rewatched by teamzizzou 17 Sep, 2015

I loved this film, then i thought it was great, now I think its good...its like I'm working my way backwards on rating. Meta

• Charles Pieper

★★★★ Added by Charles Pieper

I like this film just about as much as most people dislike it. Oh well! To each their own, eh?

• Kelli

★★ Watched by Kelli 06 Sep, 2015

I don't know what David Fincher was thinking with this film because it was so terrible. Only saving grace was the acting was phenomenal, visual effects and makeup was great, and of course the directing was great because it was David Fincher. Other than that, it was boring just plain boring. I don't like how Benjamin just up and left his family like that, he still had 15 or 20 years left before he became too young and he loved Daisy and their daughter but he just decided TO UP AND LEAVE UGH. Anger doesn't even begin to describe what I was feeling during that scene.

• isabel

★★★★½ Watched by isabel 06 Sep, 2015

i love how brad pitt literally only got more beautiful throughout this film dang

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

It's David Fincher and Brad Pitt's version of Forrest Gump, but weirder.

• Dominic Toscano

★★★½ Watched by Dominic Toscano 03 Sep, 2015

Built off of numerous cliches and featuring a story that strongly resembles "Forrest Gump" in countless manners, it's no surprise at all that the writer of this film also wrote FG.
    Regardless, what a fascinating and insightful concept this presents us with. I really needed to see something like this movie right now, I'll say that. Beneath the CGI grandpa-face is something you might find far more real and touching.