• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Intriguing. I liked the clock that kept time backwards.

• shakthi

★★★★½ Watched by shakthi 16 Jan, 2015

I started to watch this movie at midnight and i don't know anything about this movie except one thing it was directed by david fincher.
    Though I started at midnight, i didn't even get tired or sleepy for one minute.The film was fascinating and awesome...
    To my suspense,i found out that brad pitt was playing the lead role and he is benjamin.I was jumped into skies after i saw brad pitt in the movie and i enjoyed the dialogues,story and the love story that takes place.. It was a excellent piece of work..

• Agnes

★★★ Added by Agnes

Good, but why is it so long and how did Brad Pitt get a Best Actor nom for sitting and listening to other people talk. (I love him but...let's be real here.) I think it had to do with the way his character was written though, I felt like after all that time we still didn't actually learn much about who Benjamin Button was as a person by the time the credits rolled.

• Emma Lane

★★★ Watched by Emma Lane 08 Feb, 2009

VL

• joshkaster

★★★★ Added by joshkaster

Amazing performance from B.P. I love how Fincher dealt with the awkwardness of young with old and old with young. He made it not awkward and very captivating and relatable.

• Stormy1

★★★ Watched by Stormy1 07 Jan, 2015

The cinematography in this film is outstanding. The cast and acting is superb in this movie.The story development...well i wasn't really overwhelmed. When i finished watching i was cold not touched by it at all. I got a felling this film wants to be something very epic but it just cant deliver that impact.

• CinemaClown

★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 12 Jan, 2015 3

A David Fincher film that's quite unlike any other David Fincher film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button marks the esteemed filmmaker's first foray into a genre that's very different compared to his usuals, is a fascinating portrait of life seen from a different perspective, and even though it may not be as amazing as Fincher's best works, it's certainly his most distinct film to date.

Inspired from F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story of the same name, The Curious Case…

• Shadowrose96

★★★ Added by Shadowrose96

It's an okay story, with an interesting narrative...but it borders on being incredibly boring at times.

I'm beginning to think I just don't like Fitzgerald's stories...

• Conal Logan

★½ Added by Conal Logan

This is my first review on letterboxd, so I hope someone finds some observation to take from this.

WHY DOESN'T BRAD PITT BECOME A MAN-SIZED BABY?!

We get a baby-sized old man, I waited through all that crap just to get a glimpse at what really matters. For shame.

Perhaps if we had gotten the man-sized baby there would at least have been one memorable thing about this movie.

• Richard Bellamy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Bellamy 07 Jan, 2015

This is an impressive film in the beauty and detail of its art direction as well as in the scope of its story. There have been many films about a whole life, but this film masterfully captures that wholeness of life with all its many moments - be they quiet, revealing, or dramatic in some way.

• Pete Harrison

★★★★ Added by Pete Harrison

A flawed film, too much like Forrest Gump (the same writer I think) but that extraordinary montage towards the end, with Brad Pitt looking beautiful traveling around the world, offers an unforgettable few minutes of cinema. For that section alone, this film gets 4 stars.

• Michael Cotter