• Morris

★★½ Rewatched by Morris 17 Apr, 2015

'Benjamin Button' tells the story of a man who ages backwards and there isn't much more to it. Though there are more than enough interesting side-characters, I couldn't get into Benjamin's story for one bit. I do like the concept of the movie, but after a minute or ten you get over that fact and it becomes just a biopic about an average man in the first half of the 20th century at first and the second half is a…

• JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 03 Oct, 2014

QVCC Library - DVD

• Marna Larsen

★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

Definitely one of the better movies I saw in 2008.

I think actually, this might be my favorite of his (except for maybe Gone Girl but it might be too soon to judge on that one).

Sorry, but you can't argue with ovaries!

No, really. It's not just because this was Fincher for chicks or something. I just got more out of this than his other movies.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Beautifully directed and powerfully acted, this is an absolute masterpiece of a film.

• William Lorenz

★★★★ Rewatched by William Lorenz 06 Apr, 2015

Many a bland moment in this one, but also quite beautiful. Left me in tears.

Rating: 8/10

• Laura Martín

★★★★½ Added by Laura Martín

Hermosísima. No recuerdo una película con escenas tan enternecedoras en los últimos años, como cuando Benjamin ve a los niños jugar fuera de su casa y se da cuenta de que él nunca gozará de esa felicidad, cuando vive lo que según él es "el mejor día de su vida", cuando se queda despierto escuchando los sonidos de la casa... y así muchas más.

Lo mejor que ha hecho Fincher en su vida junto con 'Seven', 'Zodiac' y 'La red social'.

• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a film with the scope and reach of an epic, but its power comes from the smallest gestures and the simplest moments. It's impeccably detailed, elegant, ambitious, contemplative, visually sumptuous, haunting and so achingly human. Yes, it's long at almost three hours, but I never found it dull. Instead, I mostly felt a sense of wonder. That may seem odd in a film about fate, time and mortality, but that's how it worked for me.

• Lskeee

★★★★ Watched by Lskeee 31 Mar, 2015

I'd say 2h 30min is a bit too much. Not bad definitely

• Bea Enialk

★★★★★ Watched by Bea Enialk 30 Mar, 2015

I literally cried all my tears at the end, it was so weird seeing him in her arms as a baby but this is what made the film authentic.

• Jordan Benesh

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan Benesh 29 Mar, 2015 1

I've long been a fan of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but as I've just watched it again and recently began thinking about where certain films fit within David Fincher's filmography, I can't help but notice my appreciation for this film has only grown with age, and with it, my love for it has grown, too.

• bastien03r5

★★ Added by bastien03r5

Une oeuvre mais où il ne se passe quand même pas grand chose ...

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2009

Funny how such an interesting life is journaled by such an uninteresting fellow. That is basically the story of this otherwise amazing tour of reverse-aging. Besides the sublime special effects, the story is more of a travel diary full of the snippets about curious characters, as witnessed by a rather dull Brad Pitt. The movie is still worth watching, as it forces you to ponder for a couple hours about the inscrutable purpose of life.