• kurazaybo

★★★½ Watched by kurazaybo 22 Nov, 2015

Mi película menos favorita de Fincher.

A pesar de tratarse de un proyecto que llevaba años en desarrollo y de ser la tercera colavoración Fincher - Pitt, la historia de este hombre con un padecimiento de envejecer al revés no funciona muy bien.

No puedo evitar pensar en Forrest Gump. Lo único que hizo fue salir al mundo y vivir su vida y cosas extraordinarias sucedieron. No puedo evitar notar que en muchos aspectos se delata como un proyecto más…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Quintero 13 Dec, 2008

A great story about the journey of life. The people that worked on the special FX in this movie should definitely get an oscar.

• CartoonSA

★★ Watched by CartoonSA 18 Nov, 2015

I'm still not sure about this one. I liked a bunch of stuff about it but it seems to be less than the sum of its parts. The method of telling the story was occasionally clunky and nothing too much actually happened to the guy. Whether this would have created interesting exposition or distracted from an already convoluted narrative? Not sure. Thought provoking without actually provoking much thought. I might need to watch it again.

• Irene Bow

★★★½ Watched by Irene Bow 14 Nov, 2015

I mean, it wasn't anything special, but nicely done.

• Stacey Bates

★★★★★ Watched by Stacey Bates 11 Nov, 2015

I'm lost for words in the wake of this beautiful piece of cinema.
    I'm not one for slower films myself, but how anyone could degrade 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' due to a lack of action is baffling to me. Not much matters -- least of all, action -- when you're so captured by the heart and soul of a main character who is so simply pure. I'm moderately irked that Brad Pitt lost to Sean Penn for the…

• Ibrahimrehan

★★★★½ Watched by Ibrahimrehan 03 Sep, 2015

Exceptional movie, the movie is really touching as the novel of the same name by scoot fitzgerald inspired a whole generation and stays famous till now , i have to say the movie does the novel written by fitzgerald justice and will continue to extend the legacy of a brilliant novel

• Aaron Hammond

★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron Hammond 09 Nov, 2015

The framing device sucks and Eric Roth follows his own Gump playbook a tad too closely (but I'm cool with it because this is a far, far better movie than FG), but I've always liked Fincher's wistful, muted take. In its own subtle way I find the film's depiction of how time passing, and how two people aging in opposite directions can rob them of certain windows of experience that make up a life to be deeply moving. Claudio Miranda's…

• Reppie1810

★★★½ Watched by Reppie1810 07 Nov, 2015

Film 4/30 - Scavenger Hunt, November 2015

6. A film directed by David Fincher!

"Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning 7 times."

The final David Fincher film is now checked off my list and it is probably the least David FIncher film other than Alien. Though his style is there and the direction of this film is flawless if I didn't know prior Fincher would of been my last guess at who directed the film.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• R Stefaniuk

★★★ Rewatched by R Stefaniuk 02 Nov, 2015 2

Film #4 of the November 2015 Scavenger Hunt Challenge
    Task #16: A film that has won more than one Oscar!

I love the idea of David Fincher venturing out of his usual satire-black comedy-thriller bubble into the severely undervalued realm of romantic drama. I love rich and epic romances, and I love stories about couples who can't seem to live with or without each other. I love the premise of this film and think it's such a rich source for…

• Matt Rutledge

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Rutledge 02 Nov, 2015

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a very beautiful film that unfortunately doesn't quite reach masterpiece level. The first half of the film kept begging for comparisons to Forrest Gump and they were noticed. It probably doesn't help that this and Forrest Gump have the same screenwriter. Thankfully, the second half pushes the comparisons away. If the first half didn't beg to be compared, then The Curious Case of Benjamin Button would be a masterpiece in my book.

• Carolinanz

Added by Carolinanz

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"