• lexee blair

★★★★★ Rewatched by lexee blair 10 Jun, 2015

Well, I can't lie. I saw this multiple times in theaters. Brad Pitt blows me away. David Fincher is a God.

• movienerd13

★★★★★ Added by movienerd13

I did not care for this film the first time I viewed it with my main reason being it's long running time and "boring story'. I was 12 at that time so I have to forgive my younger self for not fully understanding the film and all of it's many nuances. I revisited the film about 2 years ago and I completely fell head over heels in love with everything about it. This film isn't for everybody and that's okay but for me it's cinema at it's finest.

• FrankieStrange

★★★½ Added by FrankieStrange

Pros:
    - Artistically shot, some parts are beautiful
    - Very unusual, different

Cons:
    - A bit too long

• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Not Fincher's best.

• Hadar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hadar 28 Aug, 2015

It's Fincher's birthday so a re watch of at least one of his films was needed. This one is simply amazing, Brad and Cate shine and make me fall in love with the
    Movie all over again

• Joe Zappulla

★★★½ Watched by Joe Zappulla 24 Aug, 2015 5

When David Fincher is at his best, he plays the audience like a puppet. He pulls on our strings with his precise and calculated filmmaking techniques. His stories are immaculately paced and paired with the right shots and scores. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button sticks out from the rest of Finchers filmography in subject matter, tone, and the way he handles the film. Instead of working the audience's emotions with every frame like a master puppeteer, he just guides…

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• Aaron Allard

★★★½ Watched by Aaron Allard 22 Aug, 2015

An epic tale of a man's life in the spirit of Colonel Blimp or Forrest Gump. The scope and beauty of this film would be tough to match by anyone working today.

But I did feel when they started to really hammer home the love story it kind of lost its momentum.

I would have much rather seen more adventures with prostitutes, river boat battles and Benjamin as a young boy dealing with the fact that Daisy had moved on from what they once had together.

• NickVHB

★★★½ Watched by NickVHB 15 Aug, 2015

Solid, Brad Pitt is amazing. Voice of the old lady is absolutly unbearable.

• L. Smith

★½ Watched by L. Smith 19 Aug, 2015

A unique premise and some gorgeous camerawork weren't enough to save this film from being dull and trite. I had to suffer through nearly three hours of Benjamin's unspectacular life being told - at a painfully slow pace, on top of that - all while a poorly told love story awkwardly unfolds on the screen.

Seriously, Fincher? I trusted you!

On another note, the concept of Benjamin's reverse-aging is just physically impossible. I don't care if it's just a story;…

• lucy

★★★★ Watched by lucy 17 Aug, 2015

so he was an old dude for like 2 hours and the hotter he got the more i knew it was gonna fuck me up??? and it did??? i cried so hard when he was a baby like wtf???????? i'm fucked up

• spacemanjulius

★★★★½ Watched by spacemanjulius 15 Aug, 2015

David Fincher has mastered the art of story telling.