• Zack Ford

★★★★★ Watched by Zack Ford 16 Apr, 2014

What a beautiful movie! Benjamin Button's epic scope, elegant (but kind of gimmicky) script, and wonderful production design form a beautiful poem of time, aging, and accomplishing a full life. I understand how the plot gimmick can be distracting for many, but to me it works with great effect, putting me in complete awe throughout the unique journey.

• cineedo
  • Au

★★★★★ Rewatched by Au 08 Apr, 2014

I try to understand people who dislike that film but I just really don't get it. Most of the criticisms about it don't make any sense to me.

• mistang

★★★★★ Added by mistang

This was one of the best films I'd ever seen. It was just so brilliant. I think this was the first Brad Pitt film that I saw where I really learned to appreciate him as an actor. Amazing.

• Thief12

★★★ Watched by Thief12 23 Jul, 2009

I'm still not sure what would I rate it. It's certainly well done but, for some reason, I didn't feel "grasped" throughout the film, or so I thought. By the ending, I was almost bawling. Overall, it was finely made and acted, but I felt that it lacked a true grasp or memorability. However, I felt it became suddenly effective on its last half-hour or so, which I hadn't felt through the 2+ hours that preceded. If I were to rate it, I would probably give it a B+ and it still wouldn't crack my Fincher Top 3.

(review written in 2009)

• BillRyan

★★★½ Watched by BillRyan 01 Apr, 2014

Hey that wasn't so bad.

• D.C.

★★★★ Rewatched by D.C. 01 Apr, 2014 4

The Directors Series-Part I: The David Fincher Retrospective

Hard to believe this is only my second watch. Haven't seen this film since it first came out on DVD and it really was nice to visit this film again. It's definitely David Fincher's most different film in just about every way. It doesn't even feel like a Fincher film, but that's what makes it so good.

While it may feature Fincher's usual amazing cinematography, in this case from Claudio Miranda, it's…

• Chris

★★ Watched by Chris 28 Mar, 2014

Benjamin Button meanders through time and locations without ever stringing them together in a coherent way. There is no story to speak of, other than the main gadget of Brad Pitt getting younger all the time. Cate Blanchett is a delight to watch, as always, and there are individual shots that are nicely done.
    Movies that span a lot of time are always difficult to get right and Benjamin Button failed for me in that regard. It didn't involve me…

• Clay

Watched by Clay 26 Mar, 2014

Most films- err... Most good films have a message or theme or a tiny bit of a point involved in it. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is not a good film.

It looks nice, but I think everyone can look back at this and say "What the fuck was the point of that movie?". Using the argument of the movie being just for pure enjoyment is justifiable, but I personally found that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was…

• Matt G

★★½ Watched by Matt G 26 Mar, 2014

Boring movie based on a mediocre short story. enjoy!

• Terence Page

★★★★½ Rewatched by Terence Page 18 Mar, 2014 3

This movie may be a little bit long but the story is so creative and the cinematography is so rich and great that I don't mind.

• Oscar Rosales

★★★★ Watched by Oscar Rosales 15 Mar, 2014

This is Forrest Gump as directed by David Fincher. Take that as you will. Me, being a massive fan of FG and and an even bigger one of Fincher, couldn’t have loved it more. The relationship between Benjamin and Daisy can be a little creepy, but this film was pure movie magic for me.