• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 31 Oct, 2014

Such a beautiful film, another great masterpiece by David Fincher and one that made me tear up which is a good thing I love films that make me emotional.

• WreckItDee

★★★★ Rewatched by WreckItDee 25 Oct, 2014

A sort-of historical biopic cum fantasy story might not be up David Fincher's alley and the schmaltzy parts at times don't work, however on this rewatch I got a gathered a lot of undiscovered affection for the plot and the characters.

I was especially wrapped up by the relationship between Traji P. Henson's character and her adoration for Benjamin.
    The room definitely got a bit dusty when the prodigal son returned from the war.
    Once again I was digging into…

• Tasa24

★★★★ Watched by Tasa24 25 Oct, 2014

Ώρες ώρες κατά τη διάρκεια της ταινίας, έπιανα τον εαυτό μου να ξεχνιέται και να νομίζει πως βλέπει (παλιά) ταινία του Tim Burton.
    Δηλ μέχρι και το "Button's buttons" ήταν τόταλλυ μπαρτονικό.

Σε καμία περίπτωση δεν θέλω να υποτιμήσω τον κο Φίντσερ, που έκανε καταπληκτική δουλειά σε κάτι τόσο διαφορετικό από το «αντικείμενό» του.

• @tseeornottsee

Rewatched by @tseeornottsee 25 Oct, 2014

Re-watch: Like Philip Roth refracted through Robert Zemeckis. The genuinely moving moments lost in the schmaltz. Impressive visual effects. #see

• Jayson Quearry

★★★½ Rewatched by Jayson Quearry 24 Oct, 2014

Criticized for an overlong runtime and a sentimental tone, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is commonly David Fincher's most derided effort. While Eric Roth's nostalgic, affectionate screenplay seems ill-suited to Fincher's auteuristic pessimism, the film makes the dichotomy work. Thematically, contradictions are at the center of the narrative, what with Benjamin's old age but young demeanor, young age but old ailments, the age disparity of Benjamin and Daisy's relationship, among other examples. Kismet, as Daisy calls it, or fate…

• Jack Gaffney

★★★½ Watched by Jack Gaffney 21 Oct, 2014 6

There's a lot to be said about "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" - a few stuff hurt this movie and a lot makes this movie quite lovable. But to start off talking about this movie, I must say, everything single element that supports the technical department for this film is magnificently done. Claudio Miranda can make some truly beautiful looking films. By looking at their filmography, this person has done the cinematography to beautiful looking films such as "Life…

• JackieGigantic

★½ Added by JackieGigantic 6

"People are stuff sometimes and whatever."
    - Summary of Benjamin Button's fucking retarded and out-of-left-field final soliloquy.

David Fincher was the least likely director for this material. David Fincher was the least suited director for this material. Why did David Fincher choose to direct this movie? There are some profound and nagging questions in life that will never be answered. If you're aware of the film's production history you'll know that Frank Oz, Spike Jonze, Ron Howard, and even Charlie…

• raginbowener

★★★½ Added by raginbowener

I was more impressed with this film than I thought I would be in all honesty. The plot has almost nothing to do with the Fitzgerald tale upon which it is "based", so if that's what you're looking for then you're out of luck, but the film justified itself in deviating from the original through its own merits. Strong acting throughout, especially from stars Pitt and Blanchett. Altogether yet another thought-provoking and worthwhile watch from Fincher, who has proven himself to be one of today's best directors.

• John Lees

★★★½ Watched by John Lees 19 Oct, 2014

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON is a film I've long heard mixed reports about. It has not been David Fincher's most acclaimed of works, to say the least. But I finally got the chance to see it, and I must say I rather enjoyed it. It is pretty languidly paced, and not much happens, but there's a beautiful, aching melancholy that runs through the narrative, with both Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett skillfully bringing to life the bittersweet romance…

• Auri

★★★½ Watched by Auri 05 Oct, 2014

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is "based" on a short story by F. S. Fitzgerald, just that it's completely different to it.
    I loved the pictures and the feeling of the movie (and let's be honest - Brad Pitt!), but I am struggling to interpret it.
    Maybe it's not meant to be interpreted.
    Overall, I give it 3 1/2 stars, it was a nice saturday evening entertainment.

• Odeon

★★★ Added by Odeon

There's a review on this site, by a user called 'Fintan Hurl' that reads "It's like Forrest Gump except not good."

Since Fintan Hurl stole my reaction somewhat, I'm going to unpack that a little. "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is the same quirky life-story tale about an innocent fish-out-of-water man whose life serves up endless lessons in the richness of the human experience.

Except.

Except that unlike the eminent Mr. Gump, Benjamin Button is not mentally handicapped. He…

• JMSavoyBoy

★★★½ Rewatched by JMSavoyBoy 16 Oct, 2014

While as impeccably shot and as beautifully told as Fincher's best work, the story is perhaps too sprawling to confine to a tight, briskly executed film.
    Acting wise, Blanchett and Pitt are stellar co-leads. Blanchett continues to prove she is consistently good in all her roles, while Pitt continues to prove he has talent that seems best unlocked when working with top notch directors like Fincher.
    All in all, an enjoyable film, but it is almost sprawling to a fault.