• bastien03r5

★★ Added by bastien03r5

Une oeuvre mais où il ne se passe quand même pas grand chose ...

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2009

Funny how such an interesting life is journaled by such an uninteresting fellow. That is basically the story of this otherwise amazing tour of reverse-aging. Besides the sublime special effects, the story is more of a travel diary full of the snippets about curious characters, as witnessed by a rather dull Brad Pitt. The movie is still worth watching, as it forces you to ponder for a couple hours about the inscrutable purpose of life.

• M11

★★★½ Rewatched by M11 20 Mar, 2015

Before starting rewatching Fincher's filmography, this and Fight Club were the ones I was most excited to see again and analyze with my newly-formed eye for cinema (I had watched both of them back when I didn't know, nor care too much about film). Now, this is a very controversial outing in Fincher's body of work, and I can understand why some people might find it odd, uncharacteristic, boring or just plain bad. Fortunately, I had a great time watching…

• Lagaan

★★★ Watched by Lagaan 19 Mar, 2015

Brad Pitt makes his mark as an actor here as Benjamin Button, a man with a strange disorder - physically aging backwards. Along his emotional journey of life he encounters friends, family, loved ones, adventures, and most of all, chances.In short, it is a beautiful, tragic, and terrific movie.

I'm a big fan of David Fincher & Brad Pitt so I like the film.But something while watching its was bored but its a totally different movie as i ever watch.

• Alex Keipper

★★★½ Added by Alex Keipper

Benjamin Button is a troublesome movie to begin reviewing. How do you sum up a movie so wonderfully epic yet tragically flawed; a movie with such unbridled passion and untapped potential? I was about as excited as anyone for the new David Fincher epic to hit theatres and share with us the tale of a man born old who ages backwards, and when the 2 hour and 40 minute length began to be advertised, I was even more there. What…

• Scott Smith

★★★★½ Watched by Scott Smith 10 Mar, 2015

I put off watching this for 6+ years for little other reason than it simply didn't seem all that interesting.

For being my favorite director, the number of times I've doubted Fincher and come out feeling stupid for doing so is hitting an absurd number at this point.

• alexbhades

★★ Watched by alexbhades 08 Mar, 2015

Aunque esta bien hecho, ¿porque tiene que ser taaaaan largo y tener ese tonito baboso?.
    No, no me ha gustado, me ha aburrido y no la he acabado de ver. (tengo mejores cosas que hacer con casi tres horas de mi vida).

• stevie

★★★★½ Watched by stevie 27 Jul, 2014

I feel like at least half an hour could have been taken out and had the same effect.. still incredible.

• Connor Eves

★★★★ Watched by Connor Eves 03 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This film answers the question I believe we have all thought about at least once, what would it be like to age backwards?
    If you can have slight suspension of disbelief this film can be incredibly intriguing and enjoyable to watch, and see the envents of the film unfold.

The films main focus is on a love story between Benjamin and Daisy, which as one would expect is not like a usual love story as one ages forwards and the…

• thequestion

★★½ Added by thequestion

Really awful screenwriting adapted into visually hypnotic marvel.

• Ian Flick

★★½ Added by Ian Flick

This was an interesting one. I didn't go in with the highest of expectations (both from knowing how it's regarded but also having fallen asleep when I went to see it in theaters after it had first come out) and to a certain extent I feel like that helped me watching it now. There are certainly good things in here, Fincher's direction, Pitt and Blanchett's performances, and the make up and effects are all worthy of praise; but having said…

• Robert

★★ Watched by Robert 02 Mar, 2015

Nice plot, nicely acted too. It just felt very bland and so all the way through that I found it difficult to stay engaged.