• Adam Cadre

★★ Watched by Adam Cadre 08 May, 2009

• Daniel Escaners

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Escaners 11 Sep, 2014

Sus problemas de ritmo y sus tramos flojos se me olvidan al observar la maravillosa dirección de Fincher, la prodigiosa actuación de Brad Pitt y ese tramo final tan bonito como trágico. Una película con momentos para el recuerdo, como esas secuencias sobre un taxi y las casualidades. Enorme.

• karine

★★★★ Added by karine

Muito bom

• Pube

★★★★½ Added by Pube 1

This movie deals with all the greatness and all of the bullshit that comes along with life more than any other movie I've ever seen. It's one of the most real films, yet it is about something completely crazy and fictional. For me, this is truly one of a kind.

• Alice Wheaton

★★★★ Added by Alice Wheaton

i held off on watching this for a long time because i heard it wasn't that good. that will teach me not to doubt fincher because this film was wonderful

• elias1026

★★★★ Watched by elias1026 30 Aug, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 154

I wasn't sure how I felt about this one until the second act. David Fincher is by far my favorite director, so I was looking to love Benjamin Button. That, coupled with my deep and true love of Cate Blanchett and everything she does, made this film hard to dislike.
    The story itself is quite heartbreaking, and is supported by a great performance from Blanchett, and a perfectly adequate one from Pitt. The way that the story is told really makes us look at our own lives and do some serious fucking contemplating.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 07 Feb, 2009

David Fincher's first non-mystery or thriller film (well, Fight Club is probably neither but let's include it there), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a human, beautiful, and thoughtful meditation on life and the passage of time. With a masterfully told story spanning over eighty years, this fantasy tale about a unique man who ages backwards is pure cinematic delight.

Fincher crafted one of his most breathtaking technical accomplishments here in a film that makes heavy use of visual…

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

I'm a huge sap. I cry every time I see this movie. I love every minute of it.

• Conor Head-McCarthy

★★ Added by Conor Head-McCarthy

The best way I can think of describing this is with a strong "meh"

• Richard Goddard

★★ Watched by Richard Goddard 19 Aug, 2014

A really interesting concept and solid performances all round can't stop this movie from ultimately being hollow and tedious at best, which is a shame because the make up and special effects are fantastic and deserve better. The Hurricane Katrina metaphor felt very heavy handed and the ending didn't feel very impactful at all, it actually felt quite rushed and pushed aside. I'll probably go and read the Fitzgerald original now though and see if it handles the concept better, so I can say this movie wasn't a complete failure at least, it has encouraged me to read some more important literature...

• Bryan Colley

★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Uses the template of Forrest Gump, but completely fails to find the humor and irony and scale needed to make it as entertaining. A few interesting moments, and an awful lot of dull moments, and also has a lot in common with the far better Schenectady, New York.

• Matt Florkiewicz

★★★★ Watched by Matt Florkiewicz 07 Aug, 2014

You can never go wrong with David Fincher; although his films are always dark (both plot-wise and color-wise), they seem to also have an intrinsic charm to them. This movie is the same case; Brad Pitt delivers a stellar performance and the sharp contrast between Benjamin's outward appearance and his inward personality is an amazing thing to watch; seeing that balance shift all throughout the years is another feat worth noting. All in all, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a great movie that leaves you wondering what really defines age.