• Nick

★★★½ Watched by Nick 18 Jul, 2014

The titular character of The Curious of Benjamin Button has a disease where he ages backwards. I wish the movie had a similar "disease" and played in reverse so I could have stopped watching this flawed but good film.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button follows the life of Benjamin Button (Pitt) from birth to death. He is born under strange circumstance causing him to age in reverse. At the age of six he looks like an old man and…

• Matthew Donahue

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Donahue 16 Jul, 2014

An excellent film by David Fincher. A detailed and touching story of two people - one aging backwards - meeting each other in the middle. Missed opportunities and life experiences truly grow each of this characters and make them richer for it. For the length of it (under three hours), it's surprisingly simple. It's inherent fantasy element might keep it from gelling with some audiences, but in many ways it is also it's strength. Worth taking a look at again.

• Stef

★★★ Watched by Stef 23 Jan, 2009

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sarah

★★★★½ Watched by Sarah 11 Jul, 2014

I honestly did not expect to like this as much as I did— it's overly sentimental and long. BUT it's just so damn charming and moving, it was hard not to fall in love with all the characters and the story. I really, really loved this film.

• ChadS101

★★★½ Watched by ChadS101 10 Jul, 2014

Sorry to get all meta on you....

While watching this movie I thought it was above average, but nothing special. However, after a few hours I found myself still thinking about the central question of the movie. Was Benjamin cursed or blessed? There were moments in this movie where you felt pity for him and other moments where you felt how lucky he was. I think the answer was best summed up when the Cate Blanchett's character stated (paraphrasing), "no…

• UberReviews

★★★ Watched by UberReviews 10 Jul, 2014

Beautifully shot and full of great performances, but way too long and boring at times. A little pretentious too.

6/10
    Blu-ray picture 10/10

• PartyOnWayne

★★½ Added by PartyOnWayne

Another not nearly as good as praised to be. It seems to just be the poor man's Forrest Gump. It's an interesting concept and the way they carry it out works, just doesn't hit that same chord unfortunately.

• A.J. Breslin

★★★½ Added by A.J. Breslin

Like a wiser, darker second-draft of Forrest Gump. A lot less cheesy, too.

• Kent Dempsey

★★★★½ Watched by Kent Dempsey 08 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Fesapo