• Sean Curley

★★★½ Watched by Sean Curley 23 Sep, 2016

This film occupies an interesting place in Wes Anderson's overall canon. It produces fewer truly memorable bits than a number of his previous films, such as Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums, but at the same time there is a sense of genuine emotional connection that is absent from those earlier works. Anderson would more successfully combine the two things in his two greatest works to date, Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel. Discussions of Anderson's overall trajectory as a filmmaker aside, as a film is probably Anderson's least distinctively Andersonian work (though his imprint remains unmistakable), but very enjoyable nevertheless.

• Nick van Lieshout

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick van Lieshout 22 Sep, 2016 1

I have a real personal connection to THE DARJEELING LIMITED, probably because the dynamic between the three brothers reminds me of my relationship with my own brothers. Not in any specific way, it’s just a sibling thing. If you have brothers, or sisters for that matter, whether you’re close to them or not, you’ll probably understand this. It’s almost unexplainable, something that is better demonstrated just by showing someone the film than by trying to describe it.

This is one…

• Zachary Kirkwood

★½ Added by Zachary Kirkwood

Wes at his most dishonest and empty. Say nay.

• Fred Pryce

★★★½ Watched by Fred Pryce 15 Sep, 2016

why wes

you were meant to bring balance to the force

not use india as merely an exoticised lower-class backdrop for these boring white ppl to have a mediocre adventure where nothing really happens and they don't learn anything

(i still enjoyed this, just disappointing given my love for wes)

• Palangre

★★½ Watched by Palangre 18 Sep, 2016

Vista con muy poca atención, todo sea dicho. ¡Suenan tres temas del Lola sin embargo!

• Dan Bremner

★★★½ Watched by Dan Bremner 17 Sep, 2016

My least favourite of Wes Anderson's films so far. Not that it was bad at all. It was still charming, beautiful at times and really funny. It just didn't really connect with me as much as the others and felt really long at times. Which is weird considering it was only 90 minutes.

• guybrush

★★★★★ Added by guybrush

Dvd

• Andrew McMahon

★★★½ Added by Andrew McMahon

Minor Wes Anderson for sure; still, it's a nice little film and a pretty delightful trip across the Indian countryside.

• Keyber González

★★★★ Rewatched by Keyber González 11 Sep, 2016 1

I fucking love you, Wes. Genius.

• Audham EnTha

Watched by Audham EnTha 12 Sep, 2016 3

September Scavenger Hunt | Film 11
    Task #1 - A Wes Anderson film

Watched 40 min of this one before turning it off... But then again, with the exception of Fantastic Mr. Fox which I saw in theater, I've never managed to watch a single Wes Anderson film from beginning to end. I always give up on them after 30 min or so.
    What can I say, I just don't like his style at all. Sure it's always very well…

• ConnerRWood

★★★★★ Watched by ConnerRWood 08 Sep, 2016

Second favorite Wes. Wonderful!

• Salvador Alvarado

★★★ Watched by Salvador Alvarado 02 Sep, 2016 1

Wes' films always feels like a child's carefully arranged plastic figurines against lush, fabricated backgrounds, and it is a truly wonderful sight.