• Patrick Orr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Patrick Orr 03 Mar, 2015

This is my favorite Wes Anderson film. I always get weird looks when I say that, but from the moment I saw it, this was the film of his that spoke to me the deepest.

Following three brothers through the course of their spiritual journey across India, The Darjeeling Limited treads on ground that Wes Anderson had yet to explore, and he did it extremely well. Everything works, from the phenomenal soundtrack to the excellently cast trio of leads.

This…

• Bill Stiteler

★★★★ Rewatched by Bill Stiteler 03 Mar, 2015

Upon further review, a much better film than I remember. So much pain for these three brothers, but they're so inept and comical that at first we don't recognize it.

• Zita Zutic Konak

★★★★★ Added by Zita Zutic Konak

Some of my favourite set designs of all time.

• Martin Kørra

7. Fantastic Mr. Fox
    8. The Darjeeling Limited

• Dennis O'Connor

★★½ Watched by Dennis O'Connor 02 Mar, 2015

It starts off really great and showed a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it never comes close to reaching that potential as the movie gets messy due to a lack of direction. The movie never knows what to do next. Its spontaneous in a bad way. But most importantly, the movie left me unentertained and bored.

• punkduck

Watched by punkduck 18 Sep, 2007

Press screening in the Brill Building, New York, New York, courtesy of Dan H.

• Chris Ortman

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ortman 28 Feb, 2015

A rambling, loosely structured film from Wes Anderson that feels like a departure stylistically from his other movies while losing none of the personal touches, whimsy, melancholy and humor indicative of his ouevre. Rather, Anderson takes the opportunity to build off of his previous Life Aquatic and hone that meandering quality into something with more emotional punch and resonance. An offbeat, funny movie that takes full advantage of the beauty of its surroundings.

• Rizka Azmira

★★★★½ Added by Rizka Azmira

Most people would agree on The Royal Tenenbaums being Wes Anderson's best movie, but I wouldn't. The Darjeeling Limited, still presented in his trademark picturesque candy-house style, delivered to me the raw emotion that The Royal Tenenbaums tried to convey. Plus, Adrien Brody's acting is superb.

• braun

★★★★★ Watched by Zim Dela Peña 27 Feb, 2015

Brotherhood! Yeah!

• gregoireg

★★★ Added by gregoireg

The cinematography and soundtrack were amazing, but the plot was terribly weak.