• Iturbinho

★★★★ Rewatched by Iturbinho 09 Oct, 2015

Tal vez la tengo en mayor consideración que el resto porque es la primera de Wes Anderson que vi y me impactó. Demasiado.

Pero 8 años más tarde me sigue funcionando la historia de tres personas sin conexiones reales a nada que intentan forzarse a sí mismos y al resto a cambiar mediante un viaje que por mucho que lo intenten no tiene un efecto real en sus vidas. Cómo se pasan toda la película viéndolo todo desde un egoísmo…

• Lucas Cassemiro

★★★★★ Watched by Lucas Cassemiro 08 Oct, 2015

O início da jornada pode ser igual ao fim dela, o que difere um momento do outro é como você decide vivê-lo.

"How can a train be lost? Its on rails."

• Matthew Boulton

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Boulton 06 Oct, 2015

“What’s wrong with you?”
    “Let me think about that - I’ll tell you the next time I see you.”

• Baz_the_film_guy

★★★★ Rewatched by Baz_the_film_guy 06 Oct, 2015

That funeral scene gets me every single time. Damn you Wes!

• Casper de Geus

★★★★★ Rewatched by Casper de Geus 05 Oct, 2015

Het was weer zo ver voor een Wes Anderson film. Het was tevens een mooi moment om eens te reflecteren waarom ik nu zo geil op Anderson's stijl.
    Een film als deze is een beetje zoals een mooie droom hebben, of alsof je in ene pretpark bent. Alle perfect gecontroleerde en gebalanceerde shots en geweldige camerabewegingen staan in contrast met de vaak labiele karakters met onzekere overtuigingen. De karakters in kwestie zijn herkenbaar in het oeuvre van Wes, 3 mannen,…

• Samuel David Herr

★½ Watched by Samuel David Herr 04 Oct, 2015

3 middle-aged assholes with daddy issues "find themselves" by making a sight-seeing-trip through organized poverty and Owen Wilson still ain't nowhere near the least tiny bit of fun.

I watched this film because I was promised Bill Murray.

Fuck you, filmmakers!

Fuck you, India!
    We should have nuked that spiritual-nonsens-polluted eyesore of a pariah state decades ago!

Sorry. Rough day.

• Ido

★★★★½ Watched by Ido 02 Oct, 2015

I never really liked Anderson's opening scenes,but this one is really freaking amazing!

• Uncle Ry

Rewatched by Uncle Ry 21 Sep, 2015

I think this might be the best Wes will ever do, but I've said that before, and I've been wrong about it before, too, so what I say is often wrong, and even wrong about being wrong, as these Americans will always be wrong about and not by not being in becoming America/n.

• Katelyn

★★★★★ Watched by Katelyn 26 Sep, 2015

This movie made me laugh out loud. This movie made me want to cry. This movie made me feel warm and fuzzy. Wes Anderson's aesthetic. I didn't want it to end. Help.

• Brian Sweeney

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brian Sweeney 20 Sep, 2015

Bumped this up a half star after a rewatch. Currently going through all of Wes's movies with my girlfriend, after finding out that she hadn't seen any of them.

This is one that gets better each time I rewatch it, even if the literal "losing the baggage" is far too on the nose. Also, if you haven't seen this, or have watched it but for some reason haven't caught Hotel Chevalier, change that right now. This movie, and particularly Schwartzman's storyline, is so much better when you view Chevalier as the prologue.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 18 Sep, 2015

"Whatever happens in the end, I don't want to lose you as my friend."
    "I promise, I will never be your friend, no matter what, ever."
    "If we fuck, I'm gonna feel like shit tomorrow."
    "That's okay with me."

As with all of the Wes Anderson films that I'd seen years ago, I have a new appreciation for them now. There is so much going on in each of them that they could probably be watched daily and I still wouldn't pick up on everything.

• Jonas Layton

★★★★ Watched by Jonas Layton 19 Sep, 2015

Its a painting. Its a painting in the form of a movie. A masterpiece. No movie is perfect but Im still trying to figure out any reason why this one isn't. Im starting to think there may be one perfect movie.