• Kriti

★★★½ Watched by Kriti 02 Dec, 2016

"they're playing cricket with a tennis ball"
    haha this is so commonplace here. ive seen kids playing basketball with a football, badminton but with table tennis rackets. making all sorts of toys/game with anything that's available is something every indian kid learns

• Benjamin Belfort

★★★★½ Rewatched by Benjamin Belfort 30 Nov, 2016

Wes Anderson could probably make a nazi propaganda film and I would still love it.

• Arne DL

★★★★½ Rewatched by Arne DL 30 Nov, 2016 4

Deze film was veel beter dan ik me herinnerde...

Ik ben in een Wes-bui.
    Welke kijk ik morgen?

• Patrick Orr

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Orr 28 Nov, 2016

Owen Wilson spotting some children crossing a river: "Look at these assholes."

The Darjeeling Limited became not only my favorite film from Wes Anderson's entire filmography immediately after watching it for the first time a couple of years ago, but it also became one of my all-time favorite pieces from any director, anywhere, anytime. This beautiful film tackles family and the way that siblings deal with strain within a family on such an elevated level.

I see my siblings and…

• Sam Newell

★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Newell 27 Nov, 2016

Not a review.

Note: this is my 300th film of the year

• Donna Donna

Watched by Donna Donna 25 Nov, 2016

Beautiful to look at, but I really could not enjoy this movie. I have very little tolerance for rich white man pain. I have no tolerance at all for rich white men using an Indian woman, a dead Indian child, and a whole bunch of nameless, faceless Indian servants to resolve their rich white man pain.
    I used to enjoy WA movies very much. They are all very pretty to look at, but lack any true emotional or intellectual depth.…

• tectactoe

★★★ Added by tectactoe

”I love the way this country smells. I’ll never forget it. It’s kind of spicy.”

Score: 55/100

THE BOTTOM LINE: It’s probably Wes Anderson’s least memorable film to date, but that doesn't mean it's his worst. Compared to much of his other work, the script is a little weak; the dialogue is almost a bit too out of left field at times—Wes has always been great at harnessing an effortlessly random quality into his screenplays and his characters, but there…

• Maggie

★★★½ Watched by Maggie 23 Nov, 2016

it's really pretty and it's fun and i had a great time but why couldnt wes anderson made the brothers indian or made the entire movie about Rita and the steward? anyways, the cinamon topographer and the country of India really did That

• WNxstrikeman1

★★★½ Added by WNxstrikeman1

Have relatively mixed feelings on this one. Gonna leave it at 3.5 until I get around to rewatching it. I have a feeling that my opinion will change after that.

• isa

★★★½ Watched by isa 20 Nov, 2016

that man who stole owen wilson's three thousand dollar loafer and ran away is the truest superhero in all of cinema

• DrDoof

★★★½ Watched by DrDoof 18 Nov, 2016

Wes Anderson zeigt uns auf seine Weise, dass das Leben eine Reise ist und wie man ans Ziel findet.

Man kann es bestimmt auf bessere und subtilere Weise verdeutlichen, allerdings gibt es auch weitaus schlechtere Wege dieses zu zeigen.

• Isaak von Seggern

★★★★ Added by Isaak von Seggern

So far my least favorite Wes Anderson film, but its still great. I still have to watch Rushmore and then Bottle Rocket, but I think this is his most subdued film yet. Though that makes sense because his last film before this one was Steve Zissou, which is literally the exact opposite. It was also widely considered to be his worst film, though I have a different opinion on the matter. Even though its more grounded than all of his…