• Sashi K.

★★★★ Watched by Sashi K. 25 Apr, 2015

The Darjeeling Limited follows the journey of three brothers to India, where they are tangled in a long journey to meet their mother, reconnects each other relationships, and find the joy on their trip.

This is the sixth Wes Anderson's film I saw and as always, I entertained easily with the decorations, his directing techniques and the soundtrack. The Darjeeling Limited is an easy-going film and fun to experience.

• Anna Bean

★★★★½ Rewatched by Anna Bean 22 Apr, 2015

This is the first Wes Anderson film that I ever felt is actually about something greater than itself. Not just a(nother) quirky portrait of a dysfunctional family, but also a rather touching exploration of death, grief, healing, and letting go. Perhaps it's a bit too on-the-nose with some of the symbolism (Francis's bandages, the dad's luggage), but its big beating heart is certainly in the right place. I really think it's one of Wes Anderson's warmest movies (along with my other favorite, Moonrise Kingdom). Plus, I fucking love India and The Kinks.

• JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 06 Jun, 2014

Owned - Blu-Ray

• John Winters

★★½ Rewatched by John Winters 21 Apr, 2015

I suspect I won't get much pushback on this one. As a man who likes to literally control every inch of the frame, I'm sure shooting a film in India made for a gigantic migraine. I also think it's his least funny film, and doesn't really achieve anything. The three brothers climactically meet their mother and... nothing happens. I really enjoy the performances by Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman. The film is a little aimless, and doesn't make…

• Kelly Magovern

★★★½ Watched by Kelly Magovern 20 Apr, 2015

Gorgeous cinematography. All them colors though!

• Sam Malone

★★★ Watched by Sam Malone 20 Apr, 2015

Not Wes Anderson's best but very enjoyable. Owen Wilson is fantastic.

• sschuster

★★★ Watched by sschuster 31 Oct, 2007

Maybe my least favorite Wes Anderson film, though I only saw it once. I really feel like I need to sit down with it again. I had to watch The Life Aquatic more than once to see the beauty in it. Maybe that's the problem here.

• hangthadj

★★★½ Rewatched by hangthadj 19 Apr, 2015 1

I sat down to watch this last night on HBO over dinner. I didn't especially care for it on my first viewing. I liked it much more on a second viewing. Go figure.

• Ariel

★★★½ Watched by Ariel 17 Apr, 2015

So I started out to watch all Wes Anderson films. I am an incoming cinephile (hopefully) and I wanted to start on the safe side with something that drew my attention. Wes Anderson's work in general really caught my eye because of how original this man is. I know I am just beginning but I feel he can possibly be one of my favorite directors due to how creative he is. The satirical writing is phenomenal and the shots OH…

• Samantha

★★★½ Rewatched by Samantha 16 Apr, 2015

Getting better upon each review

• Frank Pellegrino

★★★½ Watched by Frank Pellegrino 15 Apr, 2015 2

Definitely one of Anderson's better movies.

The only thing that comes to mind when describing this movie is "Wes Anderson takes India" I understand how to some people this is their favorite Wes Anderson movie.

• Alex Tărău

★★★★ Watched by Alex Tărău 14 Apr, 2015 4

83/100

The Darjeeling Limited is a funny, delightful film that will instantly cheer you up. It has a nice relaxation effect, so it is appropiate to watch after a delicious dinner with your family. The soundtrack and the visuals are perfect, while the humour never crosses the line of decency. Oh, and I also love the Bill Murray cameo. This actor/director team is awsome.

Be sure to check my "Wes Anderson ranked" list.