• talisencrw (William Wood)

★★★★½ Watched by talisencrw (William Wood) 19 May, 2016

This was really enjoyable. I know I over-rate Anderson films but it's because I highly enjoy both his visual sensibility and the quirky style of humanistic humour that's pervasive in his work. I also greatly admire Adrien Brody's acting--so taken together, even though this isn't considered one of his better efforts, it was 4.5/5 or 9/10 for me.

• Sara

★★★★ Added by Sara

While it doesn't hold up to The Royal Tenenbaums, in my opinion, The Darjeeling Limited is a really good movie. Once again, Anderson's characters seem realistic. I think the Tenenbaums is my fave, by him, but I would gladly watch this one again.

• Xavier

★★★★★ Watched by Xavier 23 May, 2016

A new favorite.

"I love the way this country smells. I'll never forget it. It's kind of spicy."

• LLFIN

★★½ Watched by LLFIN 31 Jul, 2008

A movie named like this and all they drink is one lousy cup of tea at the airport and one in a train???? One word came to mind throughout the movie:tripping! Should have known, since Schwartzman was in it.

• Henrik

★★★ Watched by Henrik 21 May, 2016

There is a word that has been lurking in my mind while watching a few of Wes Anderson’s movies. The clearest examples is The Lief Aquatic With Steve Zissou. For the first half, it’s tame. And I don’t mean superficial. I’ve seen this charge levied at Wes Anderson, but I disagree with it. I think he does a wonderful job of fleshing out his characters and his stories, although he does so in very original ways.

By tame, I instead…

• Sascha Nolte

★★★½ Watched by Sascha Nolte 22 May, 2016

Sehr schön (wie praktisch alles des Herrn Anderson), aber teilweise etwas holprig im Ton. Das macht es zu Beginn schwer, in den Film einzutauchen, doch ist man einmal im Fluss, will man kaum mehr hinaus. O. k., das ist Nörgeln auf hohem Niveau, aber Andersons andere Werke gefielen mir halt besser. Basta.

• Bilal Rizvi

★★★★★ Watched by Bilal Rizvi 20 May, 2016

Fantastic film. Loved every second of it.

• David Kociol

★★★★ Added by David Kociol

I forgot to add this movie. I should just add all of the Wes Anderson movies I've seen, since I've seen a lot of them. This one's really pleasant. Nice to look at, well-realized in its eccentricities in acting and cinematography. Anderson's stuff is good in a different way, and it kind of has to be evaluated in a different way. Really appeals to that Indiaphile aesthetic that people like my mother have.

Thanks mom.

• Christiane Escobar

★★★ Watched by Christiane Escobar 18 May, 2016

Not his best work.

• Clayton Scace

★★★★ Watched by Clayton Scace 16 May, 2016

I love that we jump straight into the "action" we don't see how these three brothers left their current homes to get on this train in India. We are just right there. Very smart choice. I also love that you really feel like you're on the train with our main characters. Perhaps looking into their cabin from your own?

The plot is rather straight forward, but I believe the message is the most important part you're suppose to take from…

• Gavin Rye

★★★½ Watched by Gavin Rye 12 May, 2016

The Darjeeling Limited is the final film I needed to see to complete Wes Anderson’s filmography. I don’t know if there is a filmmaker with a more noticeable style. I can maybe understand if people want to see him go in a different direction with the look of his films, but I say stick with it.

The film starts with Bill Murray running for and missing a train. We never see him again. This was just brilliant. To make me…

• Wade Bearden

★★★★ Watched by Wade Bearden 11 May, 2016

The Darjeeling Limited has me eating my words about Wes Anderson. Before yesterday, I had seen all of his films except for this one—partly because my area's library system only owned one copy (and someone never bothered to return it), and partly because I've heard most people say it was their least favorite Anderson film.

Maybe I liked it as much as I did because it reminded me of a trip I took to India in college (one that represents…