• gtdmouse

★★★½ Watched by gtdmouse 21 May, 2015

This is the third Wes Anderson film I've seen, I think, after Moonrise Kingdom & Budapest Hotel, and this is my least favorite. It just felt like it was plodding along for the first half or so of the movie, and just wasn't all that interesting. It got better near the end, but still not as good as the two others I've seen, in my view.

• Twan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Twan 21 May, 2015 1

These boys be sippin' on mo' sizzurp than the Three 6 Mafia.

• ChinOfTarantino

★★½ Watched by ChinOfTarantino 22 May, 2015

Maybe I just don't get 'Wes' as much as I should, or maybe this is actually just not very good? Probably both. At a point this threatened to become a decent, coherent film, but I stopped paying serious attention when Anjelica Huston popped up.

• Au

★★★★ Watched by Au 20 May, 2015

I got off to a bad start with Wes Anderson because the first of his films I watched was Moonrise Kingdom, and frankly, I found it horribly boring. I thought "oh shit, that's one of those super hip directors that everyone likes and I can't see the appeal." That worried me because I like to be like everyone else. (I'm not kidding). Then a friend made me see The Grand Budapest Hotel and that was a revelation. I LOVED everything…

• pillole di cinema

★★★★ Rewatched by pillole di cinema 22 Apr, 2013

I binari del Treno per il Darjeeling non bastano a fare pace, serve una strada da cui deviare e lì avere il tempo di abbracciarsi con calma.

• Elliot Fane

★★★ Watched by Elliot Fane 16 May, 2015

Certainly well shot and maintaining the style of directing that Wes Anderson is famous for, it suffered the same issues that 'The Life Aquatic' did for me. Which was the lack of unique and interesting characters (which 'Moonrise Kingdom' and 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' had tonnes of).

Fairly enjoyable, but easily one of Anderson's weakest pictures.

• Jenny

★★★★ Rewatched by Jenny 15 May, 2015

"let's go get a drink and smoke a cigarette"

• Gus Braidotti

★★★ Watched by Gus Braidotti 12 May, 2015

Did not enjoy the story line, though I liked the actors and photography a lot.

• Andy Marquis

★★★½ Watched by Andy Marquis 14 May, 2015

Strong on atmosphere, color and character.

Weak on plot.

Music is great.

Wes Anderson. No one like him.

• Devin Sheridan

★★★½ Rewatched by Devin Sheridan 13 May, 2015

This one is always hard to place for me. It's well acted, beautifully shot and has all the standard Anderson flare but there is something in the structure or pacing that seems oddly chaotic. And I guess to a degree that is the point. These are three grieving characters that are each a destructive tornado themselves that when put in the same room together, in a train mind you, manage to wreak havoc on each other and the other passengers.…

• murrddocks

★★★ Added by murrddocks

India looks so stunning and Owen Wilson as always.

• calamityhey

★★★ Watched by calamityhey 08 May, 2015 2

Wes Anderson often wraps his symbolism into his character's idiosyncrasies to mixed effect. This is probably one of the most egregiously bad examples of that trick with the characters lugging around literal baggage that they have to let go of before the movie concludes. Throw in Adrien Brody wearing his dad's prescription despite it giving him a headache, and you have a movie that left me rolling my eyes consistently.

That being said I'm fond of Darjeeling, it might be…