• Austin Campbell

★★★½ Added by Austin Campbell

It's always a joy to see another Wes Anderson movie. THE DARJEELING LIMITED contains his typically stunning visuals and quirky cast with hints of drama, well maybe more drama than most of his films. This is simply a good story with good characters well-told.

Filming on location in India and the Indian influenced soundtrack with hints of Satyajit Ray's style thrown in make for a nice change from Wes Anderson's other outings.

It's not one of Anderson's best as it doesn't have much impact, but it's certainly worth seeing.

• bmart17

★★★★★ Rewatched by bmart17 27 Aug, 2014

Film #5 in my “Weekly Wes on Wednesdays” series

I believe this is the third time I have seen The Darjeeling Limited. The first was shortly after it came out in 2007/2008. I was younger then, and frankly, still stupid and had no appreciation for the film. The second time was as I grew older and purchased the Criterion blu-ray shortly after it was released (a couple years ago if I recall). I did come to appreciate the film more,…

• jmeyer

★★★★★ Added by jmeyer

I thought the movie had a distinct tone, characteristic of wes anderson's films. I thought the cinematography was interesting, the scenery was captivating, and it was very well acted

• Joshua Liles

★★★★½ Watched by Joshua Liles 27 Aug, 2014

Fantastically quirky journey for Three brothers, one year after theirs fathers passing. Strange but remarkably likeable and humble. Very strong leads and direction.

• Ari Gunnar Thorsteinsson

★★★½ Rewatched by Ari Gunnar Thorsteinsson 27 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nikon Rod

★★★★ Watched by Nikon Rod 25 Aug, 2014 2

One star for the first brother
    One for the second
    One for the the third and
    One for the smart ass behind the camera who did this

To be reviewed in a more detailed and more proper way (maybe , someday) but for now , the hell with people who say this was not as deep as they wanted it to be . I had a great time .

• Johnathon Allen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Johnathon Allen 24 Aug, 2014

hbo had a wes anderson marathon this past weekend.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★★★ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 23 Aug, 2014 3

A beautiful movie with excellent performances featuring two actors that generally annoy the hell out of me.

• Crentist

★★★★★ Rewatched by Crentist 09 Jul, 2014

One of Wes Anderson's heavier, more meaningful films. It's a "life journey" sort of film, but it isn't corny or cliche, it's very well done. It's overall a bit more serious, but still has the funny moments we've come to expect in all of Wes Anderson's movies. Wonderful cast, as usual, and I loved the soundtrack to the film. It gives off really good vibes and I'd definitely recommend this film.

• Charlotte

★★★★ Watched by Charlotte 20 Aug, 2014

I love Wes. All his movies are eye opening in one way or another. The soundtrack to this I especially like, The Kinks are one of my favorite bands. Really nice to watch late at night when you are looking for yourself to go through a mini self spiritual journey along with these three characters. Thank you once again, Wes.

• Emmett Foss

★★★★ Watched by Emmett Foss 19 Aug, 2014

A different kind of Wes Anderson movie, but I liked it nonetheless. I'd say it's not as traditionally "quirky" as his other films, but overall it's still undeniably him and a very good movie, with not only great directing, but great acting from Wilson, Schwartzman, and Brody and a great script from Anderson, Schwartzman, and Coppola. I liked it a lot.

• Tadas

★★★★ Rewatched by Tadas 19 Aug, 2014 1

You can feel that this is one of Wes Anderson's most personal films and it's ambitious in that same way. Family is a subject that is not easy to write about, yet Wes did it beautifully.

It's beautiful in many ways. I adore the way this film portrays India, I love how because of it I couldn't stop listening to Rolling Stones and The Kinks (the latter is on right this moment) and visually it is as stunning as Moonrise Kingdom while The Grand Budapest takes first.

Let the marathon begin