• Emily H.

★★★★ Watched by Emily H. 30 Jul, 2015

Awww this is a nice movie :) not one of my faves by Wes but it's still great. I like the plot, actors were awesome, landscapes were beautiful. And wowza Schwartzman & Brody are very attractive in this.

• Adriel Oliveira

★★★★★ Watched by Adriel Oliveira 29 Jul, 2015

Estou finalizando a filmografia do Wes Anderson e esse consegue ser um dos melhores na minha opinião, se não o melhor. Tudo é incrível, como naturalmente é no estilo extremamente único do diretor, essa simetria que agrada os olhos, assim como as cores, tudo constrói uma experiencia fascinante, o movimento de câmera, o som.

Esquecendo as características técnicas, a obra agrada no mesmo nível quando se fala do enredo e do envolvimento com os personagens.

Reunindo todos esses fatores, tudo se monta como em um quebra-cabeças e se completa.

• VeganPilgrim

★★★★★ Added by VeganPilgrim

Beim ersten Mal, als ich Darjeeling Limited sah, war er für mich nicht in der selben Liga wie die anderen Wes Anderson Filme. Aber wenn man ihn häufiger sieht lernt man die Detailverliebtheit Andersons zu schätzen und die Figuren zu lieben. Wenn ich den Film sehe kriege ich ein ganz warmes Gefühl im Bauch und fühle mich Zuhause angekommen. Man kann nur bewundern mit wie viel Liebe Wes Anderson seine Filme macht.

• mfulton

★★½ Added by mfulton

C+

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★½ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

Another of Wes Anderson's brilliantly skewed visions of a privileged, thoroughly dysfunctional family. This one centered around three brothers and a train. Hilarious and poignant.

• RedDirect

★★★½ Watched by RedDirect 23 Jul, 2015

Of all the Wes Anderson films I've seen, which at this point is everything but Bottle Rocket, The Darjeeling Limited is the most meandering. The lack of a solid plotting is necessary for the story that's being told here, but it didn't always work for me as much as I would have liked it to.

Darjeeling feels like the type of film that will get much better on rewatches. I was picking up on some heavy symbolism, and I think…

• Catty_Mills

★★★★½ Watched by Catty_Mills 21 Jul, 2015

The Darjeeling Limited is just so on point in a very subtle way. Each element of the film -- Anderson's typical, snappy direction singular style fascinatingly transplanted onto actual Indian locations; the extremely laid back and subdued, yet riveting (particular in the case of Adrien Brody) performances; the expressive soundtrack with a wonderful mixture of Indian classical music and Western songs that's always apt even when it shouldn't be (why on Earth does "Les Champs-Elysees work?); the weird, true-to-life interplay…

• eschwa22

★★★ Added by eschwa22

6/10: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆

"A little too long by the end."

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 26 Jul, 2015

I don't think this was the film to watch when I also decided to get drunk on Saturday night. Then again, it might also be the perfect film to get drunk to. Idk, I'm drunk.
    (July 2015 watchlist: 7. A film made by one of your favorite directors)

• Nuno Costa

★★★ Rewatched by Nuno Costa 25 Jul, 2015

Viewed on DVD

I was very disappointed with The Darjeeling Limited the first time I saw it back in 2007. It seems I was comparing every Wes Anderson film to The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) and they were just not matching up to it's greatness.
    I feel that The Darjeeling Limited is one of Wes Anderson's prettiest films but I'm missing a connection with the characters, and it's simply just not as funny as his other films.

• Cody

★★★★½ Watched by Cody 24 Jul, 2015

The Darjeeling Limited showcases, yet again, the talents that Anderson has as a director. Wilson, Brody and Schwartzman were great together! They played off of each other well, which made them being brothers more believable. Anderson's style really shined in this one, making it pleasant to watch and experience. I am extremely excited to see what else Anderson has to offer, as this movie shows how strong he truly is as a filmmaker. If you want to see what Anderson's style is, just watch this. It's really worth the watch.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★½ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 23 Jul, 2015

Love Wes's works but this didn't do anything for me. I was quite bored by it.