• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Slow, but I still liked it.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 24 Aug, 2015

96/100

It still strikes me as highly improbable that Wes Anderson, the master of minute control, made a movie on a moving train in the middle of nowhere in India. But he did. And he made it precisely controlled and beautiful. Somehow.

This might have my favorite, flashiest cinematography in any Wes Anderson film. It's one of the whip-panniest movies ever made and it's glorious.

• oscine

★★★ Watched by oscine 21 Aug, 2015

Great soundtrack.
    Okay movie.

• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 19 May, 2015

An uneven movie with more lows than highs.

• lomeli

★★★★½ Added by lomeli

The Darjeeling Limited represents a pivotal moment in Wes Anderson's directorial career, and initiated what is known as his second wave- a period in which he clearly recognizes the limits of his unconventional style and whimsy, and reins it in just enough in order to work it to perfection.

Immaculately framed, immersive, and filled with oddball humor- The Darjeeling Limited is Anderson's love letter to India, and a mighty fine love letter at that. A common complaint with the film…

• Elliott F

★★★★½ Watched by Elliott F 22 Aug, 2015

While every inch a Wes Anderson film, The Darjeeling Limited has some aspects to it that are out of character for our favorite quirky auteur. The pacing is decidedly slower than usual, and the story is decidedly sadder, but the sense of humor is all there. The performances from the three brothers are all very good, especially from Adrien Brody, and the film is a delight to look at, as per usual.

• Brendan Edwards

★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 18 Aug, 2015

What a bizar film. It seems a bit confusing and with a lot of things you need to guess the meaning of but in a weird way fairly enjoyable. I would want to watch it again to understand and appreciate it fully.

• Theodore Bond

★★★ Added by Theodore Bond

I find with Wes Anderson people either love him or hate him. I tend to fall on the side of loving him with Fantastic Mr. Fox being my favourite of his for sure but if there is a favourite then odd are there is a least favourite and unfortunately that least favourite is The Darjeeling Limited.

That said that doesn't mean The Darjeeling Limited is a bad movie at all just not up to the greatness of his other movies.…

• Jeremy Heilman

★★ Watched by Jeremy Heilman 28 Sep, 2007

More like The Anderson Limited, the trend of diminishing returns resulting from this director's increasingly oppressive style continues here unabated. Things start out with a pleasing amount of dramatic urgency, but pretty quickly devolve into a series of quasi-comedic squabbles that say less about any plausible family dynamics than the obsessive primness of the script's construction. The phoniest thing about this picture is the sense that anything here is serendipitous. Each of the epiphanies and meaningful glances feels as shrewdly calculated as the whip pans and suffocating set design.

35/100

• Gregory Porter

★★★★ Added by Gregory Porter

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Bottom line: The Darjeeling Limited looks at Anderson's usual themes of abandonment, family and death from a darker, grittier tone but not at the expense of humor and style so I would recommend this as a weekend rental.

If you happened to read my review of Serpico, you will know that I am a fan of movies that prompt introspection. The Darjeeling Limited is one such movie. I am not making a claim about what The Darjeeling Limited is saying…

• Courtney

Watched by Courtney 15 Aug, 2015

I didn't hate it.

• CartoonSA

★★ Watched by CartoonSA 10 Jul, 2014

I see why people dislike Wes Anderson films now.