• Arf Ortiyef

Watched by Arf Ortiyef 25 Mar, 2014

this was shit. it had all the tropes of a wes anderson movie and none of the things that you'd want out of a wes anderson movie.

• MasterofMovies

★★★★ Rewatched by MasterofMovies 12 Apr, 2014

The Darjeeling Limited was released in 2007 and was Anderson's fifth film. The film tells the simple but beautiful story of three brothers who travel across India by train in an attempt to bond with each other a year after the death of their father. This is a film that has had fairly mixed reactions. Some people adore it, others find it to be just average. I actually really enjoy this one though, probably because Anderson's style is all over…

• Tommy Wiseau

★★★ Added by Tommy Wiseau

Enjoyable

• Brandon parkhurst Brandon Parkhurst

★★★½ Watched by Brandon parkhurst Brandon Parkhurst 13 Apr, 2014

Yeah I though this was just an okay film. It not wes Anderson strangest film. It also one of those films where I was kinda wanting it to be over but it was still going on.

• Abdil Ali

★★★★★ Watched by Abdil Ali 13 Apr, 2014

This story about three brothers embarking on a spiritual trip to reconnect with themselves (and one another) packs a lot more punch than you'd imagine. It's very rare that a film is able to make me laugh very hard, and then instantly make me feel upset. It's sharply written (although the jokes don't come as heavy as his previous efforts), and it seems as if his style, ever-present in the form of interestingly framed wide-shots and zooms, has matured over the years. Wonderfully poignant film.

• H Taylor

★★★★ Added by H Taylor

The thing that gets me about this one is that it is darker, less whimsical.

• Pero

★★★★½ Watched by Pero 11 Apr, 2014

Owen Wilson is awesome in this. Another visually stunning film by Wes Anderson. The plot doesn't really go in any direction but besides that this film is amazing

• Imogen

★★★★½ Watched by Imogen 11 Apr, 2014

I don't know how he does it but Wes Anderson is able to intertwine comedy with sadness without me even noticing it's effect on me till the end. Complete respect for that man.
    And that soundtrack was bloody fantastic.

• Shaun Heenan

★★½ Watched by Shaun Heenan 12 Apr, 2014

Worth watching for a few interesting moments, and for the style. The scene in the river and the reaction to them are the highlight, and they're pretty far removed from anything else in this film or any other in Anderson's filmography.

There's less going onn here than it first appears, however. The little moments really don't add up to a lot. One of Anderson's weaker films. Pleasant enough, but there's no real draw.

• Christian Flemm

★★★½ Watched by Christian Flemm 10 Apr, 2014

"Is that snake getting confiscated?"
    -Adrien Brody, THE DARJEELING LIMITED.

I'm really hesitant whether or not to give this 3.5 or 4 stars.

I feel like THE DARJEELING LIMITED is supposed to be vague enough, symbolically and physically (emotionally?), to let the viewer draw his/her own conclusions. While I'm fairly sure that Wes Anderson was going for that feeling, there is a point at which the viewer needs some sort of clarity.

The symbolism in the film is fairly obvious.…

• PTAbro

★★½ Rewatched by PTAbro 10 Apr, 2014 9

Anderson's characters (at least up to this point) have always been painted as fundamentally unhappy, and developed as pathetic throughout their respective films. The Whitman brothers share these standard elements, but Anderson - through his prerogative to examine the "now" explicitly and keep the "then" vague and insinuated - oversteps here and the pathetic devolves into just plain mean. The way these brothers treat each other, and their world outlook, is cutting and uncomfortable whereas Royal's buffoonish disregard for his…

• DarknessLingers

★★★★½ Watched by DarknessLingers 10 Apr, 2014

I love the way this country smells. I’ll never forget it. It’s kind of spicy. — Peter Whitman

The Darjeeling Limited is, in some ways, a revisiting of Wes Anderson’s first feature Bottle Rocket. There are three central characters in both, with Owen Wilson’s character leading the charge to meet some goal or fulfill some type of quest. Both are quintessentially travelogues: one a prototypical road trip film, the other a romp through a foreign country. There is some kind…