• J

★★★★ Watched by J 24 Oct, 2016

delightfully and magnificently peculiar. I'd never missed my brother more than I ever did while watching this film.

• Lonely_Gigolo

Added by Lonely_Gigolo

I'm not exactly a fan of Wes Anderson's movies, but this one, wooow, is fucking terrible.

• ihaveautism

★★★★½ Watched by ihaveautism 20 Oct, 2016

imagine cinematography as good as the grand budapest hotel but the movie is actually coherent

• Matthias

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthias 20 Oct, 2016

the champagne of teas of movies

• Jash Brank

★★★★ Rewatched by Jash Brank 17 Oct, 2016

Being that this is one of my favorite directors, it's hard to see any film of his without momentarily making that film my favorite. Obviously I love the camera work in this film. But I think what brings me back to this film every time is the soundtrack. Just so spot on with his music choices it almost seems a crime that this film is so underapprecated in his filmography.

• Caleb Steele

★★★★ Rewatched by Caleb Steele 11 Oct, 2016

A little mini-Anderson marathon I've been doing. As blindingly white as Moonrise is, I think the things that he did exploring the Indian landscape here makes up for it. Just needs more 1000% more Kumar Pallana.

• aliced

★★★ Watched by aliced 10 Mar, 2016

I like that Bill Murray is in it for like 40 seconds just because.
    The constrasts of the clothes' colors between time jumps.
    The 'parallels' of the before/after scenes.
    The peculiarity of Wes Anderson photography.
    The soundtrack.
    It was all so pure and beautiful.

ADRIEN BRODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Robbe Vandekeere

★★★★ Watched by Robbe Vandekeere 13 Oct, 2016

Deze wou ik al lang eens herbekijken!
    Na hem eens op een muziekstage te bekijken, vond ik hem echt niet goed. Oh boy, wat was ik toen mis!

Ondertussen ben ik een grote Wes Anderson fan. En deze film sluit, vind ik, het meeste aan bij 'The Royal Tenenbaums', een film die ik nog maar onlangs zag. Zowel qua inhoud als verpakking.

De visuele stijl, de verpakking, is zeer vergelijkbaar. Ook hier gebruikt hij de vele travels, whip-pans, symmetrie en…

• Kishan

★★½ Watched by Kishan 15 Oct, 2016

Technically sound and visually rich, but emotionally uninvolving. Might grow on me on a second watch possibly. This film feels like Wes Anderson doing a rehash of his own films, and despite him claiming this film to be inspired by those of Satyajit Ray, it feels very bland and uninspired.

• Gabe Rodriguez

★★★★★ Added by Gabe Rodriguez

THE DARJEELING LIMITED is currently my second-favorite Wes Anderson film, with GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL taking the top spot, but there are some days where they really come close to being tied. DARJEELING is such a beautiful film, so filled with poetry, so much about growth.

The film follows three brothers who have not seen each other since their father's funeral a year ago, and now try to repair their fractured family on a train-ride of spiritual healing. Francis (Owen Wilson),…

• Kljunas

★★★½ Watched by Kljunas 10 Oct, 2016

Like Anderson's other films, this one is colourful and whimsical. The Darjeeling Limited's style isn't quite as striking or unique as The Grand Budapest Hotel, but it compensates somewhat with a bit more depth. Not enough to make it into a truly great film however.

While GBH's "style over substance" actually ended up being very fun and memorable, Darjeeling sits in an overall less satisfying middle ground.

• Sam Hayes

★★★★½ Watched by Sam Hayes 09 Oct, 2016 5

I only have one brother, but this was kinda #relatTable.

Imagine having two brothers that wear fedoras...

Keky kek!

SPiCE_D A D i

F U C C original directors!

¿pleh rof yrc a siht si