• Reego

★★★ Added by Reego

Wes anderson and india? It's a great combination, three brothers on a quest to find themselves spiritually and embark themselves on a brotherly love trip.

• Jumpingfrog

★★ Watched by Jumpingfrog 17 Dec, 2014

Wes Anderson's films always seem to be balanced on a knife edge, with just a slight misjudgement you feel his films will career off into pretentious claptrap, in Moonrise Kingdom he performs this balancing act nigh perfectly, with The Darjeeling Limited he misjudges more than he gets right, if Moonrise Kingdom is everything I hoped a Wes Anderson film could be, then The Darjeeling Limited is everything I feared a Wes Anderson film might be. There are of course moments…

• Liam Miller

★★★½ Rewatched by Liam Miller 15 Dec, 2014

Adrien Brody is a mighty talented actor, but has he ever delivered a more heartbreaking, truthful, raw line reading as "he's dead, he's dead" ?

• Jan

★★★½ Watched by Jan 15 Dec, 2014

sometimes simply annoying. colorful, er, colourful. making sense in the end. but a bit tedious.

• Liam Underwood

★★★ Watched by Liam Underwood 14 Dec, 2014

The Darjeeling Limited is one of the more tolerable Wes Anderson films I've seen thus far - although not quite as good as The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), I much preferred it to Bottle Rocket (1996) and Rushmore (1998), and marginally preferred it to The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004).

I still have my issues with Wes Anderson films but his presence felt a little less blatant here. I just wish it had either been a little funnier or a…

• Jonathan Thai

★★½ Watched by Jonathan Thai 12 Dec, 2014

While it can be slow and dull at points Wes Anderson does provide an interesting spin on the classic dysfunctional family dramedy.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 11 Dec, 2014

Wes Anderson, after visiting The Darjeeling Limited's Indian setting excised most of the dialogue from the film because he wanted India's beauty to speak for itself, a grand testament to the The Darjeeling Limited's beauty. The story follows three estranged brothers who reunite after a year of being very distant from each other, as they go on a spiritual journey through India. The film explores their issues with each other after a year of independence, and documents their struggling attempts…

• GKnight

★★★ Added by GKnight

A trip to nowhere - that's pretty much this movie in a nutshell. While I enjoyed meticulously crafted cinematography (Wes Anderson's trademark), the characters are too quirky and the story is not as interesting as it tries to be.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 01 Jun, 2008

A return to form for Wes Anderson after the mess that was THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU. Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman are believable and funny as three brothers on a spiritual journey through India after the death of their father. I think it's the simplest film Anderson has made so far, very straightforward in its narrative, but where LIFE AQUATIC failed due to its artificial and lifeless characters, the chemistry between the brothers works and there are plenty of light moments in the script. Which was great, since I hadn't actually laughed at anything Wes Anderson since ROYAL TENENBAUMS.

• Epictydye

★★★★ Added by Epictydye

Before this, the only other Wes Anderson movies I'd seen were Moonrise Kingdom and Fantastic Mr. Fox, and I loved the both of them. Their indisputable visual wonder, delightful humor, likable characters, endless creativity, and surprisingly effective emotional roots keep luring me back again and again. It takes a truly talented filmmaker to display works that are both visibly overflowing with near-perfect precision and intricacy, yet also come across as entirely effortless. They're just as strong upon every rewatch since,…

• Jonathan Davies

Added by Jonathan Davies

Watched at home around Christmas, 2009?

• Sonia

★★★★★ Watched by Sonia 25 Nov, 2014

While I understand it is generally not considered to be among Wes Anderson's best, it is now one of my personal favourites. Beautifully shot and highly enjoyable.