• Julia Kester

★★★ Watched by Julia Kester 26 Nov, 2015

Rating: B-

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 25 Nov, 2015

Sometime's, I'm not the brightest when choosing late night films to watch. But I just fancied the premise of 'The Darjeeling Limited', and with Wes Anderson, you know that in one way, or another, you will be entertained.

Anderson has a habit of picking actors that oft get insulted for their lack of ambition. Take Sandler for prime example. But with a trio of Wilson, Brody and Schwartzman, it kind of added a layer of pressure. The actors were solid,…

• chaycollins

★★★★½ Rewatched by chaycollins 18 Mar, 2014

The greatness of the Darjeeling Limited is within its influence of Sajiat Raywhich I didn’t see when I first watched it as it was my first Wes Anderson film. I was filled with wonder of that this was a mode of shooting a film; the tracks, the pans, the meticulous design, they’re great, and get better when high but that was not where the true masterpiece of this film lies but within the realism that is displayed.

Darjeeling Limited is…

• DemonCleaner

★★★½ Watched by DemonCleaner 18 Nov, 2015

Since I watched Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom I have to admit I'm a real fan of Wes Andersons work. Just like those to films The Darjeeling Limited, my third Anderson flick, impresses and entertains by its unique and incomparable shots, its wealth of details in nearly every single picture, its weird characters and a very unorthodox plot.
    However The Darjeeling Limited isn't as good as Grand Budapest Hotel or Moonrise Kingdom in each mentioned token. It's not that…

• parkthesedaze

★★★★½ Added by parkthesedaze

My favorite of Wes Anderson's works-- A dry, melancholic comedy that hits you right in the gut with its charming combination of genuine human emotion and nearly-screwball humor.

• Ido

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ido 13 Nov, 2015 1

I love this movie.
    I'm IN LOVE with this movie

• eedgars

★★★½ Added by eedgars

Šo kaut kāds tv kanāls tik bieži grieza uz riņķi, ka kaut kā sanāca pat vairākas reizes redzēt salīdzinoši neilgā laikā.
    Atkārtošana - zināšanu māte:)
    Šis nav spilgtākais Andersona darbs, bet kā foršs rotājums tv ekrānā, paralēli ikdienai ir ļoti labi.
    Ko es te vēl varu patiekt?
    Narkotiski krāsains, mazliet šizīgs trīs brāļu ceļojums pēc garīguma, savstarpējās sapratnes un sevis meklējumos.
    Ļoti labs skaņu celiņš.

• Carlos Valladares

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Valladares 09 Nov, 2015

Husbands meets The River, with delightfully buoyant results.

I'm always curious about what people think about Wes Anderson. Some find his plastic framings insufferably devoid of organic meaning. But in my view, not only does Anderson's style merge/serve his seemingly flippant material well, it magnifies the tensions his nerve-wreacked protagonist feel. In The Darjeeling Limited's case, the three fuckup brothers (Brody-Schwartzman-Wilson) bring their WASP-y, controlling, oppressive mentality to a culture-world (i.e., India) where such mentalities are bound to fail. Laminated…

• Josh Darby

★★★★ Watched by Josh Darby 08 Nov, 2015

Film #8 of the "Scavenger Hunt November 2015" Challenge
    Task #9. A film where a character, or characters, goes into an airport!
    My list: letterboxd.com/darbyact/list/november-scavenger-hunt/
    Original List: letterboxd.com/milo123/list/scavenger-hunt-november-2015/

It's funny to say that this film is lesser Wes Anderson, because this is a very good and very well made film. But it is, lesser Wes Anderson; which is a credit to the rest of his films.

That being said The Darjeeling Limited is a fascinating character study of three brothers…

• GumboGumbo

Rewatched by GumboGumbo 07 Nov, 2015

The style on display here is, for me, much more interesting than the hyper-controlled aesthetics of Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel.
    Strong cinematic flourishes echo Friedkin, Ashby, and some Altman too (gives off that beautiful California Split humanity). Nice and loose, has that 70's feeling. Of course, comparing Wes Anderson's films to this era of filmmaking is nothing new or original. I just wasn't expecting to see any Friedkin here.

Maybe this is closer to poetry than anything he has made since. blah blah blah

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• thrillkisser

★★★★½ Added by thrillkisser

I'm in love with these guys.