• Heather Cain

★★★★½ Rewatched by Heather Cain 27 Jul, 2014

35mm
    New Beverly Cinema

Third fav Wes, really just almost perfect film.

• Mike P

★★★½ Watched by Mike P 27 Jul, 2014

Like a sweltering train ride through a beautiful, exotic locale: a bit cloying, a bit troubling, and a bit revelatory.

• Joselyn Gonzalez

★★★ Watched by Joselyn Gonzalez 26 Jul, 2014

No me ha dejado ni maravillada ni me ha parecido mala. No tengo nada que reprocharle, pero seguro que se me olvidará esta película en unos cuantos días.

• Robert Kranzke

★★½ Added by Robert Kranzke

AKA: Brothers on a Train

• Justin Lincoln

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Lincoln 23 Jul, 2014 1

I really like Jason Schwartzman playing a smooth operator. Sweet Lime never stood a chance.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 11

My second draft of my review for my upcoming Wes Anderson marathon (two more days!). Thanks to Screening Notes, for being the first to comment on one of these reviews with some constructive criticism! Great advice. Again, any of this constructive criticism is hugely appreciated.

Patricia Whitman: “Yes, the past happened. But it’s over, isn’t it?
    Peter Whitman: “Not for us.

The very idea of a spiritual journey that involves an itinerary makes no sense. A spiritual journey is normally…

• Taylor Genovese

★★★★ Watched by Taylor Genovese 22 Jul, 2014

It's funny...if you asked me several years ago whether or not I was a fan of Wes Anderson, I probably would've accosted you with a laundry list of perceived infractions that made him a cinematic Satan to me. However, in a beautiful example of this cinephile's development, he is starting to grow on me and I'm re-watching his films with a new set of eyes. His style of filmmaking definitely needs to be absorbed over a long period of time…

• linkmang

★★★½ Added by linkmang

This is a movie about luggage.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 21 Jul, 2014 3

First draft of review for marathon. Constructive criticism is, as always, appreciated.

Patricia Whitman: “Yes, the past happened. But it’s over, isn’t it?”
    Peter Whitman: “Not for us.”

The idea of a spiritual journey that includes an itinerary makes no sense. A spiritual journey is normally a string of coincidences or simple occurrences that affect the spirit. But the misconception of the three main characters in The Darjeeling Limited, Francis, Peter, and Jack Whitman, or at least simply the misconception…

• TimTam

Cinematography: ★★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    India: ★★★★★

What I learned:
    All you really have is family

• Kev.

★★★★ Watched by Kev. 20 Jul, 2014

I'm having trouble writing a review of this film, honestly. There's a lot to digest, what with the metaphors and symbolism. Look, I'll just say it is probably Anderson's most beautiful film to date; India is a spectacular country. The music is top-notch, and I can see myself purchasing the soundtrack. The cast is fucking perfect, and the family dynamic is easily the strongest part of the film. So yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it's definitely not one of my favorite Wes Anderson films. I felt that something was missing, but I'm not sure what.

That Bill Murray cameo was fucking great though.

• Erin