• red

★★★½ Watched by red 07 Feb, 2016

Sunday. Smashed it at work. Boyfriend. Coffee with coconut milk. Tuna and pineapple pizza. Go.

This was standard Wes Anderson. They should rename all the films "Wes Anderson In A Hotel", "Wes Anderson At Summer Camp", "Wes Anderson On A Train".

Not that this is a bad thing, to create a series of movies that have such a specific feel. In this case it was about three brothers on "spirtual journey" through India after the death of their father, and…

• jeffvanvickle

★★★ Watched by jeffvanvickle 06 Feb, 2016

Something I'm noticing with Wes Anderson movies: I would likely enjoy them more in a theater. Since they rarely follow a traditional narrative structure, I constantly find myself watching the runtime and thinking, "How can this possibly be only 45 minutes in?" I choose to believe that this comes from his structural choices, and not because the movies are boring.

• Fernanda

★★★½ Added by Fernanda

A beautiful combination between humour, sorrow and amazing inematography, and also dealing with issues as conflicts between family members, the loss of a loved one, and such a realistic and incredible representation of hinduism, The Darjeeling Limited might not be one of Anderson's best films, but is deffinitley worth it.

• Jon LeGris

★★★½ Rewatched by Jon LeGris 02 Feb, 2016

(7.25/10)

• Kate ✌️

★★★★½ Added by Kate ✌️

god this movie is so yellow

• Thomas Tortilla

★★½ Added by Thomas Tortilla

Meh

• chiara

★★★★½ Rewatched by chiara 30 Jan, 2016

Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody = my favourite combo.

• Vanessa

★★½ Watched by Vanessa 30 Jan, 2016

STOP INCLUDING ME

• Nuno Meneses

★★★★ Added by Nuno Meneses

Mágico, como todos os filmes de Wes Anderson.

• Zoë Witt

★★★★★ Watched by Zoë Witt 28 Jan, 2016

Love the visuals, energy and pace, Wes at his best. I definitely distantly fell in love with Adrien Brody's character. I feel like I have something articulate to say but I can't place it which would point to the movie being shallower than in seems or me being shallower... one of the two... will have to rewatch at some point.

• George Hayward

★★★★ Watched by George Hayward 26 Jan, 2016

This is a film made by and about bizarre, impossible to relate to one-percenters. The exoticism is off the charts, and the death of an Indian child is used clumsily, almost in passing, as a way to develop the film's spoilt, self-involved characters.

In spite of this, the character development, writing and signature Wes Anderson perpendicular, blink-and-you'll-miss-it/wasn't-expecting-that cinematography were accomplished and charming enough to win me over.

Lets hope the success of Budapest Hotel hasn't stopped Anderson from trying to say anything meaningful, or at least creating the appearance thereof.

• jpmovieblogger

★★★★½ Added by jpmovieblogger

Family dysfunction and disconnection after the passing of a parent is at the forefront of this whimsical comedy about three brothers, played by Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman, who have recently lost their father and are brought together to bond while going on a spiritual journey via a train trip through India.

Like a dream vacation, this movie is fun, relaxing and caters to your every need. One of the many pleasures of this film is the non-verbal…