• Jeloy

★★★★½ Added by Jeloy

Worth the 3-hour run time. It is the ending that the Batman franchise deserves.

• João Monteiro

★★★★★ Watched by João Monteiro 15 Apr, 2014

The Dark Knight Rises is one of my favorite movies from this franchise, I still don't know what I liked more, Batman Begins or this one, but fuck it, all I know is that they're all good movies. I just keep thinking that Joel Schumacher fucked the franchise up but I really don't care because since Batman Begins it's been like a new begining, the name says everything, Christopher Nolan just ignored all the movies that existed before, and surprisingly…

• Jaycee20

★★★★ Watched by Jaycee20 15 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chevalier

★★★½ Added by Chevalier

When Bane kicks Batman in the ribs the second time it makes a different sound, what are we suppose to believe, that this is some kind of magical rib or something? BOY I HOPE SOMEBODY GOT FIRED FOR THAT BLUNDER! HUEHUEHUE! IT ALSO MEANS THE MOVIE'S SCRIPT SUCKS!

• Matt Hyland

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Hyland 08 Apr, 2014

This movie has *almost* as many ridiculous plot points and contrived, convoluted nonsense as PROMETHEUS, and yet I'd never vilify THE DARK KNIGHT RISES the way I would Ridley Scott's sci-fi abomination.

This movie, for all its myriad flaws, at least has some solid DNA, a Director at his peak, and a supportive studio (not to mention a mythology and history that can be drawn upon, even when the film's script can't). It's a weird, stuttering conclusion to an otherwise awesome trilogy (and maybe in some alternate universe, there's a version of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES that isn't quite so ridiculous).

• Isaiah Bull

★★½ Rewatched by Isaiah Bull 13 Apr, 2014

I really need to stop trying to rewatch this film hoping in vain it'll get better with time. It really doesn't. It just keeps getting worse and worse. It's incoherent, overly long, and very sloppily edited--all of which would be fine if it at least gave the trilogy a decent send off, which it makes every attempt to fail to do.

• moviefreak666

★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 02 Jan, 2013

These Nolan Batman movies have been some of the best comic book films ever made, if not THE best because of what Nolan was able to do, its been truly impressive and remarkable. Turning the world of Batman and making it real, raw and gritty. You wouldn't want to be a citizen of Gotham City with all these super villains and thugs running around.

THE DARK KNIGHT rises, alas, is the last chapter in the Nolan Batman trilogy; and it…

• WilliamT

★★★★½ Added by WilliamT

Yes, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES does have its problems. It’s definitely not up to the level of sheer perfection as its critically-acclaimed predecessor, THE DARK KNIGHT. But it is still a great conclusion to an amazing trilogy. The visuals and action set pieces are phenomenal, Christopher Nolan directs this picture very strongly, the entire cast all give terrific performances especially Tom Hardy as Bane, the 165 minute runtime goes by in a brisk motion, and it’s a very special film to close out this immense series the best way possible.

• benreviews

★★★★ Rewatched by benreviews 09 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Craig Hamilton

★★ Watched by Craig Hamilton 10 Apr, 2014

"No guns! No Killing!"
    "Where's the fun in that?"

My sentiments exactly Catwoman...although you're not allowed to be called 'Catwoman,' because this film is SERIOUS!

Something Charlie Brooker said keeps coming to mind; "It's a movie about a children's character that thinks it's an Ingmar Bergman film." And that is my primary problem with Christopher Nolan's films (particularly these Batman films), he just doesn't allow for any fun! With this film especially, it's all just so dull.

Of course, the…

• tacochemic

½ Added by tacochemic

Hands down, the worst movie I have ever seen. Plot holes bigger than Gotham City, horrendous acting and just... stupid.

• Ashley MacLennan

★★★½ Watched by Ashley MacLennan 07 Apr, 2014

Still decent, but having watching The Dark Knight so recently, there's really no comparing the two. It's still way better than most other early comic book movies, and I don't care what anyone says, I love Tom Hardy's Bane.