• Luke Ryan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Ryan 20 Apr, 2014

Everytime I see this movie I can't help but cast my mind back to the rush of euphoria I had at 9am in the morning when I left the cinema after the first screening. Still one of my all time favourite movies, and the most perfectly executed and realised endings to a movie I've seen yet.

• voheeezy

★★★★½ Added by voheeezy

What a fun ride. Tom Hardy kicks some serious ass as Bane, and Bale does an excellent job as always

• shucksm

★★★★ Added by shucksm

Some rather large plot holes and the fact that it follows a near-masterpiece aside, this is one of the best pulp soap operas in recent years. Everything is big, nothing is subtle and director Christopher Nolan has the gall to envision a world that is broken, angry, cynical and, sometimes, hopeful. I'm really surprised how well this movie has held up on repeat viewings.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 20 Jul, 2012

If The Dark Knight was a retroactive justification of the Bush regime, this is a nightmarish prophecy of a second Obama term. Socialism is evil, kids.

It's still really good, though. Even if it's far too rushed and Catwoman is unnecessary (though Hathaway is a lot sexier than I was expecting) and Bane dies too easily. And sounds too much like Sean Connery.

The Robin thing was really silly, though.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"The Dark Knight Rises" leaves the fanciful early days of the superhero genre far behind, and moves into a doom-shrouded, apocalyptic future that seems uncomfortably close to today's headlines. As urban terrorism and class warfare envelop Gotham and its infrastructure is ripped apart, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) emerges reluctantly from years of seclusion in Wayne Manor and faces a soulless villain as powerful as he is. The film begins slowly with a murky plot and too many new characters, but…

• Ryan Horner

★★★½ Added by Ryan Horner

Christopher Nolan's Films Ranked from Worst to Best

The final installment in Nolan’s Batman trilogy had a lot to live up to. While I did not get caught up in the craze of Batman Begins, I did fall in love with The Dark Knight (more on that further down the list.) So, needless to say, my hopes were high. Did it live up to its expectations? Well, yes and no. The Dark Knight Rises is a muddled, meandering, and clunky…

• Jayson Quearry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jayson Quearry 19 Apr, 2014

As I taught my students today, Nolan's final film in the Dark Knight trilogy is a perfect representation of Victor Turner's liminal ritual. The Pit set piece, and Bruce Wayne's enlightenment therein, becomes an overt representation of Turner's margin, wherein the neophyte is instructed and matured. For Wayne, suicidal desires must be overcome, with the acceptance of life and aggregation back into society as the epiphany. The viewer vicariously experiences Wayne's liminal journey, a journey which Nolan relates to post-9/11 America through imagery of tattered flags, dust-covered police, and smokey cityscapes, effectively soothing anxieties about a presumed national self-destruction.

• Austin Campbell

★★★★ Added by Austin Campbell

I know I might get some heat for putting this above Memento, but I couldn’t ignore the fact that The Dark Knight Rises gave me one of the greatest theater-going experiences of my life. I saw it with the first two movies so ingrained in my head that it made for an intensely emotional, gripping ride. True, later viewing make it easier to point out the plot holes, but recognizing the film in the context of the trilogy–like the many…

• Pantelis Roussakis

½ Watched by Pantelis Roussakis 08 Apr, 2014

Alas batman is a mere shadow of his former self, same can be said for the script, the worst performance by Michael Cain. Such a shoddy storyline, they should be paying us to put up with it. Hollywood has finally obliterated any credibility this super hero ever had. The bad guy is actually the nicest character and you hope against hope that he'll wipe out the whole cast. When you have a character survive a nuclear blast and live happily ever after in Spain, something is terribly wrong. one word describes this move FAIL.

• tamasic

★★ Added by tamasic

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Richard Wibisono

★★★★ Added by Richard Wibisono

Bane x Batman

(puke)

Batman is too uke.

• kaptennn

★★★★ Added by kaptennn

Saya baru bertanya-tanya pada diri sendiri, kenapa tidak nonton dari dulu ya? Saya suka semua hal di film ini. Terlebih pada karakter Miranda Tate dan Bane, dan juga Alfred tentunya. I'm not a big fan of the Catwoman tapi saya suka sama Anne Hathaway, you see where my problem is?

Tom Hardy as Bane... it's a shame that I could only saw that beautiful face of Tom Hardy for like... 2 seconds? Michael Caine sih, saya memang suka banget sama…