• Evan Rode

★★ Added by Evan Rode

Shitty

• Chris Gelderd

★★★½ Watched by Chris Gelderd 15 Sep, 2014 2

This 2012 superhero film is co-written and directed by Christopher Nolan and is the final instalment in his ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy. Familiar faces returning include Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman, while new cast members include Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Eight years after the death of DA Harvey Dent and the introduction of the Dent Act that allowed Gotham City Police powers to nearly wipe out all crime from the city, Bruce…

• Cole_Ratcliff

★★★★ Watched by Cole_Ratcliff 05 Aug, 2014

A- (92)

• Grayson D

★★★½ Added by Grayson D

This is the only Nolan Batman movie I like without many reservations though it is also the most ridiculous of the three. Maybe there's something to that. Dark Knight Rises is full-stop no-apology Nolan Batman, like he walked straight out of Philosophy 101 with a notebook full of doodles of new Batman gadgets and got to work. You have to respect a movie that does exactly what it intends to do, I guess.

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★ Watched by RagingTaxiDriver 14 Sep, 2014 16

Goes down every time I re-watch it (fourth viewing). Though Hardy only improves.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

The last entry to Nolan's terrific superhero trilogy sadly collapses upon its own weight of ambitions and never rises from its own ruins.

• Paul Rankin

★½ Watched by Paul Rankin 13 Sep, 2014

I almost turned this off halfway through due to its offensive stupidity, but I stuck with it, so I should be commended.

I'm sure essays have already been written regarding Nolan's utter failure to grasp the Occupy movement, and the fascist ideology underpinning his films in general, but who needs to dwell on that kind of negativity? Seeing that the emperor has no clothes should admit one into some kind of exclusive club. Oh well.

I did enjoy Anne Hathaway as a very cool and very sexy Catwoman. I could have watched a few more scenes of her tearing it up on the motorbike.

• thonika

Added by thonika

Disappointing. When you try to do to much, you accomplish very little.

Nolan tried to make Batman into Die Hard.

• John Connor

★★★★ Watched by John Connor 19 Jul, 2012

There are flaws in this film. For sure there are. But the thing Nolan does brilliantly is build movies that have this incredible surging, pounding, unstoppable momentum that pins you to your seat while his sorta-kinda-almost coherent narratives trample all over you (a lot of the credit has to go to Hans Zimmer for his killer scores). You might come out of this movie and think of some unanswered questions, or find details you can nitpick over, but while you're in there watching it, you're utterly beguiled. Or at least, I was.

• Asher

★★★ Added by Asher 3

There are so many issues I have with this film.

First off, I think that Anne Hathaway gave a very poor and very uninspired performance as the legendary Catwoman. She brought no passion. I like Anne Hathaway, but she for some reason downright pisses me off in this.

Secondly, Though I kind of like Tom Hardy's performance as Bane, all in all I find it to be rather weak. Admitingly, I do like his voice, but that's about it.

Also,…

• georgetomacini

★★★★★ Added by georgetomacini

Or: NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A BATMAN/COMIC BOOK MOVIE unequivocally i love this movie. As a Batman fan its the Batman movie i never thought id see: an actually great one. The performances are all terrific. Everyone focuses on the sublimely sexy Anne Hathaway (who is fucking awesome) but Bale ups his game from the last two (looking back at Batman Begins its now more clear than ever that he was doing Patrick Batmeman and his performance in Dark…

• Duck