• JackieGigantic

★★★ Added by JackieGigantic

Frankly, the Nolan Batman trilogy could easily just end on The Dark Knight. Can we agree on that? Are we all happy with that? I mean, Batman is leave fuck-all to do after the completion of his arc in Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight followed the Joker namely, Batman's ideological counterpart (self-actualized fascism v. self-actualized anarchism) - so where do we go from here?

Well, apparently the answer was "backwards" as The Dark Knight Rises opts to lift the…

• Jacob Gehman

★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

Too long, awkward execution, and generally rather boring. Anne Hathaway saves the film as Catwoman--every scene she is in, she steals with aplomb.

• Peter Pluymers

★★½ Watched by Peter Pluymers 01 Sep, 2013

Our bat-friend has never really captivated me. I've seen both "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". I can barely remember anything from the first movie. I guess I wasn't really impressed by that one. "The Dark Knight" on the other hand did, and that because of the charismatic figure "The Joker". A figure without rancor and with a phenomenal crazy look.

That's something I really missed a little bit here. Bane was the personification of intense hatred and had a…

• Joey Seguin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joey Seguin 20 Oct, 2014

Was it the perfect ending to the Nolan trilogy? No, because the perfect ending would've involved the Joker, that's almost for certain. But at least it was an ending. In today's world of perpetual reboots and sequels, it's nice to get closure.

The visuals alone make it worth watching over again and the score is one of the best that I can think of. The second best film of the series, only because The Dark Knight is practically flawless.

• SilentDawn

★★★★½ Rewatched by SilentDawn 18 Oct, 2014

Part Four of Preparing (As Much as Humanly Possible) For Interstellar

Despite some narrative inconsistencies and unneeded characters, The Dark Knight Rises is one of Christopher Nolan's most ambitious works, and probably his most operatic so far. The entire film feels like a half-healed wound, sending jolts of pain and suffering into the character's synapses after every accidental scratch.

Supported by magnificent performances (particularly by Michael Caine), a strong cast, vibrant and darkened cinematography and Hans Zimmer's pounding and chill-inducing…

• petitpoirier

★★★★ Watched by petitpoirier 17 Oct, 2014

Here's how I like to watch my Batman movies: once, and one time only, and as long after everyone else has moved on as possible. I like to ask amateur questions like, hey, was that the guy in the other movie? Oh, did that guy die? And don't people sometimes think it's weird how Batman and Bruce Wayne disappear and reappear at pretty much the same time? I like to goad Bruce Wayne and tell him he needs to suck…

• filmsrruss

★★★★½ Rewatched by filmsrruss 11 Oct, 2014

Certainly one of the most celebrated trilogies of recent years, The Dark Knight films are not only some of the best superhero films, they are some of the best films. Chris Nolan has brought incredible vision, production and outstanding performances to these movies about Gotham's most famous son.

Read more at: filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-batman-trilogy-2005-2012.html

• ninifish

★★★★ Added by ninifish

黑暗騎士:黎明昇起

好看,值得推薦。
    我覺得這部片,談的是希望:黑暗會過去,黎明終會降臨。

• Sondre Hareide

★★ Watched by Sondre Hareide 17 Oct, 2014

Boring, stupid, way to long, bleh.....

• YI JIAN

★★★★ Rewatched by YI JIAN 16 Oct, 2014 7

[Credits roll]

Mom:"Oh, such a wonderfu- Wait... Son. Are you crying? Are you really crying? Let me look at you.
    Oh god. What's wrong? It's just Batman! Come on... It's just a movie! Wait! Where are you going? You still haven't finish your dinner yet! Hey!"

(Half-sobbing) "YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND!"

[Slams door]

[Screams into pillow]

• Jacob Powell

★★½ Watched by Jacob Powell 13 Oct, 2014

I have to say the Dark Knight's 'rise' was a little lack-lustre. That penultimate Bane-vs-Batman fight was terrible. Two biggish, croaking, rubber suited dudes throwing a few non-committal punches. Not a fight of legend by any stretch. The overall plot seemed ok but the dialogue and characters came off tired like the movie was on autopilot. A bit sad after the first two efforts which had a vitality flowing through them.

• dannyrocks1998

★★★★★ Watched by dannyrocks1998 23 Jul, 2012

One of my favorite movies of all time!!! My favorite in The Dark Knight trilogy.