• Kyle Sykes

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Sykes 23 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Pretty good thriller!!! You know a movie is good when it has you on edge. What started as a mission to bring a Nazi war criminal to justice, goes awry. The three agents who took up the mission may have fabricated the story to avoid the mistake, but the truth comes back to haunt them when the man resurfaces 30 years later.

Jessica Chastain was fantastic (what a shock)!! I have yet to see a bad performance from her. She…

• activechild

★★★½ Added by activechild

I honestly didn't expect this movie to be good. Ngl i watched it for chastain but i actually ended up really enjoying it!!. Im glad most of the movie was set in the flashbacks because i've watched movies like this before that would switch too much and would never let you connect to one situation. The only thing that's annoying is that they kind of used the nazi plot as a prop like the movie really had nothing to do with it so they totally could have just made up some other situation??? Anyways, overall it was pretty exciting!

• maolgrafico

★★★★½ Watched by maolgrafico 25 Mar, 2015

I love this thriller !!! They all did great performances !!! The score is great And the story is very well driven !!!

• Scott Smith

★★★ Watched by Scott Smith 22 Mar, 2015

Pro: Jessica Chastain incapacitates a guy with her legs wrapped around his head

Con: Sam Worthington was still being offered lead roles in 2010.

• Tina Something

★★★★ Watched by Tina Something 22 Mar, 2015

I added half a star for Chastain and Mirren, whose performances are always worth watching.

• Liva

★★★½ Watched by Liva 14 Mar, 2015

A bit uneven, but interesting enough.

• Steve Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Robinson 07 Mar, 2015

A fantastic cast, some brilliant writers and a very talented director. I was excited by this film on paper, but would it live up to expectation? Yes and no.

I think the cast do very well. Worthington struggles the most with the accent but copes and overall it doesn't take away from the film too much. I believe in the characterś, especially the younger versions. Nothing wrong with the older actors, they simply had less to work with, even Mirren…

• shoemouse

★½ Watched by shoemouse 08 Mar, 2015

Blah. Didn't spark my interest at all. I don't know what accents they were trying to do either!

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Watched by Paul Robinson 07 Mar, 2015

The 15th Robinson Film Festival

Film No. 2 of the 15th Robinson Film Festival - The Debt.

Quality, unglamorous, multi time line espionage thriller.

#RobinsonFilmFest

Robinson Film Festival winners list

• Jonathan L.

★★★ Added by Jonathan L.

With the clever use of flashbacks, this espionage thriller kept me guessing at how it might end.

• Joseph William Lewis

★★★½ Watched by Joseph William Lewis 27 Feb, 2015

I agree with the general consensus that the '90s stuff isn't quite as engaging as the rest, but it's still a pretty taut little movie overall. That it adopts the serious tone and deliberate pace of most modern political thrillers without skimping on characterization or natural moments of humor is really impressive to me. Come for the Chastain, stay for the '60s section.

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

This is an excellent movie which covers the attempt by Mossad agents to capture the Surgeon of Birkenau.

Told across two timelines, the 1960/70's and 90's, it is a tense movie that completely de-glamorizes the acts of espionage.

Superb cast, specifically Jessica Chastain.