• maolgrafico

★★★★½ Watched by maolgrafico 25 Mar, 2015

I love this thriller !!! They all did great performances !!! The score is great And the story is very well driven !!!

• Scott Smith

★★★ Watched by Scott Smith 22 Mar, 2015

Pro: Jessica Chastain incapacitates a guy with her legs wrapped around his head

Con: Sam Worthington was still being offered lead roles in 2010.

• Tina Something

★★★★ Watched by Tina Something 22 Mar, 2015

I added half a star for Chastain and Mirren, whose performances are always worth watching.

• Liva

★★★½ Watched by Liva 14 Mar, 2015

A bit uneven, but interesting enough.

• Steve Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Robinson 07 Mar, 2015

A fantastic cast, some brilliant writers and a very talented director. I was excited by this film on paper, but would it live up to expectation? Yes and no.

I think the cast do very well. Worthington struggles the most with the accent but copes and overall it doesn't take away from the film too much. I believe in the characterś, especially the younger versions. Nothing wrong with the older actors, they simply had less to work with, even Mirren…

• shoemouse

★½ Watched by shoemouse 08 Mar, 2015

Blah. Didn't spark my interest at all. I don't know what accents they were trying to do either!

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Watched by Paul Robinson 07 Mar, 2015

The 15th Robinson Film Festival

Film No. 2 of the 15th Robinson Film Festival - The Debt.

Quality, unglamorous, multi time line espionage thriller.

#RobinsonFilmFest

Robinson Film Festival winners list

• Jonathan L.

★★★ Added by Jonathan L.

With the clever use of flashbacks, this espionage thriller kept me guessing at how it might end.

• Joseph William Lewis

★★★½ Watched by Joseph William Lewis 27 Feb, 2015

I agree with the general consensus that the '90s stuff isn't quite as engaging as the rest, but it's still a pretty taut little movie overall. That it adopts the serious tone and deliberate pace of most modern political thrillers without skimping on characterization or natural moments of humor is really impressive to me. Come for the Chastain, stay for the '60s section.

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

This is an excellent movie which covers the attempt by Mossad agents to capture the Surgeon of Birkenau.

Told across two timelines, the 1960/70's and 90's, it is a tense movie that completely de-glamorizes the acts of espionage.

Superb cast, specifically Jessica Chastain.

• mushumbadiwadi

★★★★ Added by mushumbadiwadi

Interesting story. Good script that gets better as it goes on. Chastain is magnetic

• Alfonso C. Lopez

★★★ Watched by Alfonso C. Lopez 06 Feb, 2015

Tres ex-agentes del Mosad rememoran, a raiz de la publicacion de un libro en 1997, su mision para capturar a un doctor nazi en el Berlin de la guerra fria en 1965... Remake internacional de una pelicula Israeli, en el que John Madden combina un thriller historico con un drama personal. Funciona gracias al valor añadido que Helen MIrren y Jessica Chastain aportan al mismo personaje, bien secundadas por un cast lleno de caras conocidas. Entretenida.