• Tarryn-tino

★★★½ Watched by Tarryn-tino 27 Sep, 2015

"Truth is a luxury..."

I didn't love The Debt, I thought it was ok, there was something that was missing. I felt like there was a massive disconnect between past and the present. I don't know if they did that intentionally, but if they did, then why? I don't get it. And if they did'n't do it on purpose then...they stuffed up haha.

Considering I'm not a huge fan of Jessica Chastain and Sam Worthington's accent was lame, I actually…

• nicolas1810

★★★ Watched by nicolas1810 17 Aug, 2015

Το κυνήγι της Μοσάντ για να συλλάβει διαβόητο γιατρό των στρατοπέδων συγκέντρωσης, σε δύο εποχές με απόσταση περίπου τριάντα χρόνων.Η πρώτη στα μέσα του 60 στο Βερολίνο και η δεύτερη τέλη του 90 σε Ισραήλ και Ουκρανία.Καλύτερη με διαφορά η αμιγώς ψυχροπολεμική και κατασκοπευτική πρώτη με μια εξαιρετική Jessica Chastain,ενώ η δεύτερη παρά την παρουσία της τεράστιας Helen Mirren χωλαίνει φανερά αφού δεν βοηθάει παραδόξως ούτε η ίδια,αλλά πολύ περισσότερο ούτε ο Tom Wilkinson που δεν πείθει σε καμιά περίπτωση σαν αρχηγός της Μοσάντ.Ριμέικ ισραηλινής ταινίας,που στο σενάριο της έχει ανακατευτεί και ο Matthew Vaughn.

• Sam Barnett

★★★ Added by Sam Barnett

Jessica Chastain and Hellen Mirren are great as usual, and The Debt also manages some effective editing and cool storytelling tricks. Unfortunately, the film stumbles constantly, be it due to Sam Worthington's absent-minded performance, the overall drab and lifeless color palette, and a ridiculous ending that in no way fits with the rest of the movie.

• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 11 Mar, 2012

Buena película, buen guión, buenas interpretaciones, recomendable.

• rossboyask

★★★½ Watched by rossboyask 20 Jun, 2015

Gripping action thriller with a tremendous cast. Tight action scenes in there too.

• yaykisspurr

★★★ Watched by yaykisspurr 24 Dec, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This had two casts, one for the flashbacks and one for the current time. Sam Worthington and Jessica Chastain really excelled in the younger cast. If we only saw the flashbacks it would have been a great psychological movie. Mosaad agents, they are sent to capture an enemy of their state, a notorious war criminal. I liked how she got in to capture him and how the mission almost succeeded. I enjoyed the mind games the 'good' doc played on…

• seasondays

★★ Watched by seasondays 18 Oct, 2011

just another israeli revenge picture, the twist is that the movie is so objective [or maybe unfocused] that JESPER CHRISTENSEN performance as the fugitive nazi doctor is more rich and sympathetic than any other in the movie.

• Spencer Howard

★★½ Watched by Spencer Howard 07 May, 2015 1

Standard faire with a good cast.

• Chetan

★★★½ Watched by Chetan 27 Apr, 2015

A pretty cool thriller. Chastain is excellent as always, and is supported well by Worthington and Csokas. Mirren, Hinds and Wilkinson play their older versions as the past and present stories are told in parallel. The tension is pretty good in parts, and the overall story is quite interesting.

• Kyle Sykes

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Sykes 23 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Pretty good thriller!!! You know a movie is good when it has you on edge. What started as a mission to bring a Nazi war criminal to justice, goes awry. The three agents who took up the mission may have fabricated the story to avoid the mistake, but the truth comes back to haunt them when the man resurfaces 30 years later.

Jessica Chastain was fantastic (what a shock)!! I have yet to see a bad performance from her. She…

• activechild

★★★½ Added by activechild

I honestly didn't expect this movie to be good. Ngl i watched it for chastain but i actually ended up really enjoying it!!. Im glad most of the movie was set in the flashbacks because i've watched movies like this before that would switch too much and would never let you connect to one situation. The only thing that's annoying is that they kind of used the nazi plot as a prop like the movie really had nothing to do with it so they totally could have just made up some other situation??? Anyways, overall it was pretty exciting!

• maolgrafico

★★★★½ Watched by maolgrafico 25 Mar, 2015

I love this thriller !!! They all did great performances !!! The score is great And the story is very well driven !!!