• Matthew Flaten

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Flaten 23 Sep, 2016

A interesting story of three Jewish spies trying to capture a Nazi torturer in hiding. Things don't go quite as planned and 30 years later they are still dealing with the aftermath.

• Junior Andrade

★★½ Watched by Junior Andrade 20 Sep, 2016

What to think of a film whose characters are so inept to carry out an important mission that you end up cheering against them? - a problem that undermines an engaging story full of dramatic potential, before it goes out of control in a frustrating last act.

• Dick

★★½ Watched by Dick 18 Sep, 2016

A nice exercise in misdirection - for the worse. It's not nearly as exciting as the promo material makes it out to be, and like none of the Jews are played by Jews.

Oy vey.

• Christian Childress

★★★ Watched by Christian Childress 14 Sep, 2016

I'll never get used to just how good Jessica Chastain is in everything. May we never take her for granted.

• arcadu_f

★★★½ Watched by arcadu_f 11 Sep, 2016

Well-executed spy story. The movie keeps you on the edge until the very end. The story is fictional as the character of the "surgeon of Birkenau", inspired by the Joseph Mengele the "Angel of Death" of Auschwitz.
    Helen Mirren is simply impeccable.

• SHartery

★★★ Watched by SHartery 05 Sep, 2016

From earlier. Not a bad nazi hunting movie, but not the best.

• William

★★★½ Watched by William 01 Sep, 2016 1

Ok. So, the bleeding from shitty August has stopped at this point. Time to put a huge bandage over that wound and start watching good movies this September. This time, I took in The Debt!

I had no idea about this film going into it. On 1965, the plot follows two comrades that were on a mission to capture a Nazi war criminal known as the Surgeon of Birkenau. Then, it cuts to 30 years later where the man that…

• Bruno Viana

★★½ Watched by Bruno Viana 18 Aug, 2016

It gets to be too sappy in some moments. Also this were some of the worst special agents ever - so many mistakes. The old vs young castings is too different. There's no way Helen Mirren looks like an older Jessica Chastain, and Ciarán Hinds even less lookalike with Worthington.
    Anyway I give it an extra star because it was competent enough to convey the story.

• Yuri90

★½ Watched by Yuri90 31 Jul, 2016

Un film di spionaggio che punta tutto nell'approfondire i persanaggi, ma sostanzialmente fallisce in tutto. Non c'è nemmeno questa gran drammaticità nel pensare all'olocausto o odio nel confronto del mostro. Non mancano invece i soliti discorsi come: noi non siamo animali, siamo meglio di lui e bla bla bla...boh
    Bella l'idea che abbiano mentito al Mossad, ma che questi vogliano uccidere un criminale di guerra ultra ottantenne è assurdo...per cosa? Perché non venga a galla l'imbroglio?! Anzi...un giornalista serio probabilmente…

• Bsmith8168

★★★½ Watched by Bsmith8168 11 Jul, 2016

The Debt is about a task force of three that are sent to hunt down a Nazi Doctor that is hiding, once discovered an attempted kidnapping is blotched and the Nazi escapes.  After many years and a cover up that claimed the doctor was killed during the kidnapping, the doctor decides that he wants to come out to expose the Jewish task force that had supposedly killed him as liars.  The film keeps a good tone with enough tension to hold your intrest and good acting for the most part will compel this film for multiple viewings.

• Joe Jodoin

★★★ Added by Joe Jodoin

Even though watching this film is a truly unforgettable experience, I can't help but be disappointed by the amount of potential that this film had to be even better. I blame the director, as the film had a very confusing beginning that was hard to follow. I don't know if it's just because I'm dumb or because the film was actually really vague, but I feel like if the events in this film were reordered, or if it was more…

• ladytremaine

★★★★★ Rewatched by ladytremaine 18 Jun, 2016

Jessica Chastain is the greatest living human.