• Judah Finnigan

★★★½ Watched by Judah Finnigan 04 May, 2016

or Billy Zoom: The Last Sex Icon.

• . .

★★★ Rewatched by . . 29 Apr, 2016

Love the interviews but just not that into those bands so the performance footage goes on too long. I would have loved more talking with audience members!
    Weakest of the 3. BR

• crete

★★★½ Watched by crete 30 Apr, 2016

I still wanna be punk

• Alejandro Carmen

★★★★½ Watched by Alejandro Carmen 30 Apr, 2016

Es justo y necesario? En verdad es justo y necesario, I Love Living in the City!!!

• "Greg Adkins"

★★★★ Rewatched by "Greg Adkins" 26 Apr, 2016

The BEFORE SUNRISE of musical documentaries.

• solidcurrency

Watched by solidcurrency 23 Apr, 2016

Proof that I’m old: I spent a good chunk of this movie wishing everyone would get over themselves and shower.

• Glorbes

Watched by Glorbes 22 Apr, 2016

Fascinating look at LA underground punk scene, that lets the bands and the fans speak for themselves. Spheeris does not intrude very much at all on her subjects, and lets the music and the youthfulness of the people involved fill in their own narratives. There are funny moments to be sure, but what comes through most is the disconnection that these kids feel from the world and the city around them. They forge this angry movement with little of the…

• DavidM3000AD

★★★½ Watched by DavidM3000AD 13 Apr, 2016

I wish there had been more emphasis on the fans. The one segment dedicated to interviews with the kids who turned up to the early '80s punk shows was easily the most compelling part of this legendary doc.
    The purposely messy, noisy music gets wearing, and some of the band members (especially Fear) come across like a bunch of poseur dickheads, but its worth it to watch the slam-dancing in the mosh-pit with something approaching nostalgia.
    The interviews with dazed,…

• Andy Moss

★★★★ Watched by Andy Moss 08 Apr, 2016

If you've got even a passing interest in 80s American Hardcore this is great. If you don't it probably isn't. But I do, so its great. Fantastic transfer.

• Barton Kimball

★★★★ Watched by Barton Kimball 05 Apr, 2016

If you love punk rock it's a must.

• Ken Milner

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ken Milner 26 Mar, 2016

It has been at least 15 or so years since watching this last, but I still remember seeing it for the first time and the impact it had. A great look behind the scenes of the hardcore punk "scene". How some of these guys survived, let alone flourished still amazes me.

• Sean Whiteman

Watched by Sean Whiteman 27 Mar, 2016 1

Library DVD. Recognized faces from Border Radio and Clue.