• Adam Redman

Watched by Adam Redman 17 Jul, 2014

Late on, when a minor character is actually given the name John Thomas, you start to think that the whole thing has been a subtle comedy all along. I look forward to the sequel, which will presumably feature Father Cock Phallus investigating the incredibly boring goings-on from the first film.

Also, there's a dead-eyed nun on a bridge in Rome. This is not relevant to the plot and nothing ever becomes of it. Just one of dozens of narrative loose-ends that await you in this film made by people who clearly didn't have a clue how to make a film.

• David

½ Added by David

There's been an abundance of exorcism films lately, and if you're into them make sure you stay as far away as possible from this putrid garbage that somebody actually thought was okay to release in its current state.

• Jameson Worley

Watched by Jameson Worley 11 Apr, 2014

Do not even waste your time on this movie. It has one of the worst endings (probably the worst) in recent memory. The film wasn't that bad, honestly, but it stops after the 80-min mark. There wasn't a final act, not even a bad one.

• Blair Russell

★½ Added by Blair Russell

This is another case of me originally having a short review up for this then deciding to see the movie again and doing a better review.

Much to my shock, this movie is almost 2 ½ years now; before I looked it up I would have bet money on it coming out early last year. It does not seem like it's been that long since this came out and apparently every one of us saw The Devil Inside opening weekend…

• Tony Black

★½ Watched by Tony Black 01 Jun, 2014 2

Ever since The Exorcist redefined the meaning of supernatural and psychological horror forty years ago, every keen horror filmmaker has had one eye on reproducing that same primal, terrifying alchemy of demonic possession. The Devil Inside, it has to be said, must surely rank as one of the worst attempts to capture that same feeling of helpless fear of the human body & mind being taken over by the darkest recesses of existence. William Brent Bell's 'mockumentary', fused with touches of…

• Frederick Parra

Watched by Frederick Parra 21 May, 2014

83 minutos de tortura para mí.

• Big_Jim

½ Watched by Big_Jim 09 May, 2014

I like the documentary format for horror films so this had my attention. Unfortunately it only kept that attention for exactly 10 minutes before it started to fall apart and I realised it would be a long 80 minutes.
    Nothing here holds together. The style, the story, the characters, none of it works and then they have the audacity to end it with some shit cop out just to rub salt into the wound.
    Felt like the story was written…

• Bob

★★★ Watched by Bob 27 Apr, 2014

The Devil Inside is about a woman whose mom was apparently possessed by demons. At one point, the church perform an exorcism but four people died during it Ever since, she's been locked up in an insane asylum in Rome.

The daughter wants to film a documentary about her mom/mental illness/demon possessions.

She goes to a church-run class on exorcisms and meets with her mom in the asylum. She then tags along with a couple of priests who intend to…

• José Viana

½ Watched by José Viana 20 Apr, 2014

"Can I suck your dick David?", this is awesome, the demon was bleeding from the vagina, great movie!

• zachfree

★★★ Watched by zachfree 14 Apr, 2014

Pretty good horror film. The whole exorcism/possession genre is one of my least favorites but this one does a good job combining it with the found footage genre - it's messy and disjointed enough for the audience to buy that this is not professional footage and it has a jolting ending that solidifies that. Not sure why this got panned so hard by critics.

• Eric Robert Wilkinson

Watched by Eric Robert Wilkinson 06 Jan, 2012

The worst part of The Devil Inside is not, strictly speaking, the film’s fault – depending on the definition of “blame,” that is. The worst part was the tween audience I saw it with, who screamed at every little BOO! effect the film hurled at them, and then loudly voiced their displeasure at the film’s sudden ending – and that’s when they weren’t loudly talking through most of it.

The film is a mockumentarian “found footage” compilation revolving around Isabella…

• ericmarsh

★★ Rewatched by ericmarsh 03 Apr, 2014 9

It's a funny old game, the movie business.

You can try and ply your craft for years and end up a commercial failure despite making movies that should have reached a wider audience. We all know of such travesties, and wallow in a gloomy fog of despair as they are crushed, forgotten or merely swept aside to make way for samey samey treading water run of the mill been there seen it done it, or more succinctly covering old ground…