• Joe

★★★★ Watched by Joe 18 Apr, 2014

I feel bad liking this as much as I did. Most of it was really mean, shitty humor. But I laughed. There's enough other absurd / funny stuff piled on other than the many, many jokes about women or Jews.

• Nikki Pinney

★★½ Watched by Nikki Pinney 06 Apr, 2014

After watching WHITE CHICKS, I was in a dumb comedy mood for the weekend. Ever since that Thanksgiving I tried to watch BRUNO with my mom, I've sort of shied away from Sacha Baron Cohen flicks. Penises are a big enough joke to me in theory, I don't ever need the visual.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ari Gunnar Thorsteinsson

★★ Watched by Ari Gunnar Thorsteinsson 06 Apr, 2014

Oh boy. There's a lot of funny stuff here, especially the overtly silly stuff (like the helicopter scene), but the satire ranges from overly ham-fisted to completely insipid.

Even though I understand through context and irony that the endless barrage of sexist and racist jokes aren't actually meant to be sexist and racist, I still can't help feeling that it's just so completely easy and uninspired.

Also, someone give Jason Matzoukas a whole movie for himself. That guy is the best.

• Alex Krajci

★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 05 Apr, 2014

I Don't Like 2012's The Dictator, I Don't Like It Because Katie Rossino Saw This Movie Back In May Of 2012 At Classic Cinemas In Fox Lake, IL.

• David Clausson

★★½ Watched by David Clausson 29 Mar, 2014

Några roliga skämt är det, men det når inte riktigt fram.

• Robb Rauen

★★★★ Watched by Robb Rauen 24 Mar, 2014

The first half hour I felt like it was just meh. But then, the next hour, I laughed my Aladeen off.

• Fitzers227

Watched by Fitzers227 22 Mar, 2014

I'll admit right off that bat that I am not a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen's humor. I'm not a fan of this "undercover/gotcha" type filmmaking like Borat or Bruno. It feels mean spirited and cheap to me. I also feel like in a scripted comedy like this you're able to see what a crutch it is for Cohen. It was nice to see him paired against a true comedian like Fred Armisen in what was probably the funniest bit…

• Ezra Cubero

★★★½ Watched by Ezra Cubero 05 May, 2012

Not as good as BORAT, but far superior to BRUNO, Sacha Baron Cohen's latest comedy, THE DICTATOR, still delivers big laughs consistently.

• MasterRick

★★½ Watched by MasterRick 22 Feb, 2013

Some pretty good gags and a lot of bad ones, and despite clocking in at under an hour and a half, the film feels sloppily put together. I feel like if the film stuck to being the cultural and political satire it was advertised as, it might have been somewhat effective, but there’s a lot of raunch and other gags stuck in that feel perfunctory and strongly at odds with the rest of the material. Maybe I’m a prude, but…

• RickyHaze

★★★½ Added by RickyHaze

Not hilarious, but very entertaining. I didn't really expect to like this, but it was suprisingly pretty good. Much better than Bruno.

• benreviews

★★★★ Rewatched by benreviews 17 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.