• radiomanhead

★★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Bastante entretenida, con buenos gags y se encarga de no dejar títere con cabeza, metiéndose sin discriminación tanto con izquierda como con derecha y demás.

Lastima de ese lado sensiblero y romántico que la acerca innecesariamente a la corrección política, hubiera sido mejor mantener su desparpajo enteramente....con todo, una comedia muy recomendable.

• zamboITA

★★★ Watched by zamboITA 16 Aug, 2014

Nonostante sia stupido, ignorante, idiota e talvolta volgare il film mi ha fatto piegare in due dalle risate. Cohen è praticamente perfetto.
    Ho apprezzato molto anche l'enorme critica sociale che sta dietro la pellicola.

• John Markham

★½ Watched by John Markham 30 May, 2012

The Dictator could have been a great satirical comic piece that highlights flaws of a modern political world in turmoil. Instead we get a comedy that is big, dumb and not clever in the slightest. It turns out to be a great waste of the talented Baron Cohen and of a great premise, which should have been ripe for political and social parody. Instead we are offered a sluggish and obvious comedy that has more misses that hits.

Baron Cohen's…

• Clau

★★★½ Watched by Clau 12 Aug, 2014

"Luckily the bullet hit him in the brain."

• AH_Anton

★★★½ Added by AH_Anton

When i first saw this movie in cinemas i pissed myself laughing at some scenes, very funny but no so great story

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 09 Aug, 2014

Sacha baron Cohen did Boat and he did Bruno and now he is the Dictator. There is one man standing between Democracy and his country: the great dictator who rules said country, lovingly, with an iron fist, and he will stop at nothing to make sure it stays that way. Okay there are some funny joke at part's and that's it.

• Dexter Reid

★★½ Rewatched by Dexter Reid 04 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• PapaRock

★★ Watched by PapaRock 01 Aug, 2014

Nothing really hits in this movie. It feels rushed and very half-assed. It has all the cleverness of a normal poor studio comedy. It also could have been starring anybody, not the unique talent that is Sacha Baron Cohen that we saw in "Borat". The only thing that really is typical Baron Cohen here is the male full frontal and weird accent...

• BillRyan

★½ Watched by BillRyan 03 Aug, 2014

This only had about 37 blowjob/cum on someone's face jokes. If you can't hit a minimum of 52 then FORGET IT.

• barcalounger

★★½ Watched by barcalounger 01 Aug, 2014

After hearing only bad things and ever worse - nothing - about this movie I was expecting the worst. And if you set the bar that low I guess there's no room for another outcome other than surprisingly better than the worst.

There is none of the "catching the general public off guard with his characters" this time around. Probably because his schtick is now pretty well known. So it relies on a lot of scripted offensive humor that while not great, can sometimes catch you off guard.

• Carolinanz

★★ Added by Carolinanz

"When the thought of someones decapitated head upsets you, that is love"

• cronic