• Adrian Edwards

★★ Watched by Adrian Edwards 16 Oct, 2015

Stillborn and stupid. Did not pass the Six Laugh Test.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Brent Joseph Cruz

★★½ Added by Brent Joseph Cruz

No more Candid Scenes
    No more Improv
    It follows a script unlike Sacha's other works that make it better being unexpected. The jokes are pretty funny unless you watched this movie like I did 6 times already. It has some funny scenes but I don't think you'll like the story that much.

• Mooulo

★★★★ Rewatched by Mooulo 27 Oct, 2015

Film difficile da recensire, descrivibile con la banale frase "o lo ami o lo odi". La comicità di Baron Cohen può piacere e non, questo per la sua estrema volgarità che spesso sovrasta le perle di satira presenti nei suoi film. Il Dittatore mi ha fatto ridere tanto, anzi, tantissimo, e lo riguarderò spesso, questo è poco ma sicuro. Vade retro moralisti.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson 22 Oct, 2015

Ok, I might have been a bit too zealous in giving this film 5 stars last time, but I still think it's absolutely hilarious, and that Sacha Baron Cohen is cinema's Filthy Frank. I don't think I'll ever forget this film, for better or for worse.

• RodrigoJerez

★★ Added by RodrigoJerez

The Dictator is another movie starring Sacha Baron Cohen, this time is not a mockumentary though. The movie is about general Aladeen, the dictator of Wadija, that after some stuff ends up in the US as a normal man.

I have to say, this is a improvement from other movie that I've seen from this director, still isn't good though, the reason? The humour is still the problem, it just dies after about ten minutes and the movie becomes boring…

• Ryan Sheldon

★★½ Added by Ryan Sheldon

Sacha Baron Cohen is still trying to make a hit like Borat

• Billy Cahill

★½ Watched by Billy Cahill 11 Oct, 2015

Mercifully short exhibition of flat jokes

• Shradha Shiwani

★★★★★ Added by Shradha Shiwani

Its stupid, its funny.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 20 May, 2012

Whether he is playing Borat, Brüno or Ali G, Sacha Baron Cohen’s comedy is same. In heavily accented English he insults his interlocutors with little apparent self-awareness. He gives two-note performances. In The Dictator, he goes from ‘B’ to ‘A’ again as Admiral General Aladeen, the eponymous oppressor of the fictitious Republic of Wadiya, who like Borat and Brüno goes to America to mock the stereotype that he embodies, ridicule the United States and, of course, expose his genitalia.

• Voina

½ Added by Voina

Utter shit, Sascha Baron Cohen should be ashamed

• Dave Holmes

★★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

Firstly, I'll like to send a pre-emptive apology about enjoying this film to those of you who find anti-American or politically incorrect humour deeply offensive. I'm sorry. I realise that this film is deeply inappropriate for many audiences of whom I would personally act extremely respectful of and deferential to in person, because of your beliefs and values. This film IS outrageous, but I don't think it is intended to particularly outrage people. Because the more conservative, most easily offended…