• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

It doesn't live up to the unscripted humour of Borat and Bruno, but Baron Cohen's first attempt at a movie with an actual plot is still a fun, silly comedy.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Sometimes you must give a film your top rating not because it's overwhelmingly important or recommendable, and not because it's thematic and tonally and narratively perfect, but because it's become such a hugely fond memory of yours that you can't imagine ever leaving it behind. "The Dictator" falls into said category, containing some of the funniest jokes I've ever seen in a film, and a parody of Dre and Snoop's "The Next Episode" that I will never leave behind.

• fdash

Added by fdash

Thoroughly lacking in substance and form and everything else that makes a movie. Oh yeah, actors.

• Adam Bolden

½ Watched by Adam Bolden 16 May, 2012

Sacha Baron Cohen is back, this time as Admiral General Aladeen, ruler and dictator of the African Republic of Wadiya. After being threatened by the rest of the world to stop oppressing his people, Aladeen travels to the United States to speak to the United Nations. But he is forced into a life of American mediocrity when his right-hand man Tamir (Ben Kingsley) attempts to murder and replace him. Aladeen now has to rise back to power and stop his…

• Mathias Axberg

★★½ Watched by Mathias Axberg 20 Feb, 2015

A few legitimately funny Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker-style moments, but a lot of "funny accents" stupidity in between. Smart enough to come in under 90 minutes, though.

• deadmanramsey

★½ Added by deadmanramsey

25/100

• Anthony Albarran

★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

Meh.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Directed by Larry Charles and co-written/produced by Sacha Baron. Sacha Baron Cohen plays a dictator of country called Wadiya. Previously I thought, Sacha Baron Cohen would surprise me with this film, although not as much as he did in all his earlier projects, yet this movie serves his good return. I don't care about kind of humor he applies on any issue, critical or normal; I always enjoy watching Sacha Baron Cohen movies. It's entertaining, it's gala in its own way. I simply loved cameo by one of my top-favorite actors 'Edward Norton'.

• Barrington

★★★ Watched by Barrington 18 Jan, 2015

Could have gone without the love story.

• vrklgn

½ Watched by vrklgn 11 Jan, 2015

Probably the worst of Sacha Baron Cohens "Sketch Movies".

Favorite Part: The speech was probably the only funny joke in this movie and it's a part of the trailer.

• dr_exploitation