• Moe Acharki

★★★½ Watched by Moe Acharki 08 May, 2015

Another hilarious film by Sacha Baron Cohen.

79% out of 100%

• Stifmeister

★★★ Watched by Stifmeister 06 May, 2015

So how come Ben Kingsley was the bad guy.. I wonder.

• phreak2day

★★ Watched by phreak2day 18 Apr, 2015

Predictable jokes, but still better than Brüno.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Rewatched by Jamie Rogers 14 Apr, 2015

The Dictator is an offensive, crude, outrageous, and overall amusing film.

It has its fair share of jokes that don't exactly hit their mark, and some that fall flat altogether, but they are made up for with the many jokes that hit and a talented and funny cast.

• ekpyrosis

★★ Watched by ekpyrosis 12 Apr, 2015

Molte gag sono cattive ed efficaci.. Il film punta sulla risata "forte" e la provocazione cinica.

L'impianto narrativo però, per quanto sia anche logicamente la parte meno importante in questo tipo di film, emana una continua sensazione di già visto. Situazione demenziali semplicemente funzionali alle battute e all'ironia feroce del film, ma nessuna novità o idea realmente dirompente, capace di rendere più interessante la sceneggiatura ed i personaggi raccontati.
    Si spinge solo sul tasso di "scorrettezza" comica, ma riproducendo situazioni…

• Reece Leonard

★★ Added by Reece Leonard

More obvious and slickly produced than his previous successes, "The Dictator" has a somewhat coherent message that should be discussed, but it fails at it's most important goal: it's just not funny.

• LastHazza

★★ Rewatched by LastHazza 09 Apr, 2015

Some funny. But on re-watching, not enough funny to balance out its mean-spirit.

• Chris

★★★ Rewatched by Chris 03 Apr, 2015

For those who listen to the How Did This Get Made Podcast I would like to confirm that Jason is still in this.
    Offensive to anyone who cares to view and that's kind of the point. Unfortunately the key point was left right until the end of the film so it was difficult to really push across the satirical side from that view. It's a shame they couldn't find a way to make that parallel run throughout the film.

• Simon 'Driver' Ramshaw

★★ Watched by Simon 'Driver' Ramshaw 03 Apr, 2015

"Are you having a boy or an abortion?" - General Aladeen

I watched Dr Strangelove for the first time this morning.

Now, I watched this.

Just let that sink in.

Somewhere between a shooting gallery of every race, faith and sexuality and a suicide-bombing of the brain cells.

• Chad Sayers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Sayers 28 Mar, 2015

"Are you having a boy or an abortion?"

It's still funny. After all this time I still quote General Aladeen all the time. I've started to pick out some of the corny parts but I don't really care. This just tickles my racist funny bone in some kinda way.

• Cactus Matt

★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

Funny at times and frequently offensive but as intended, there’s originality in the premise but not so much in the execution.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

It doesn't live up to the unscripted humour of Borat and Bruno, but Baron Cohen's first attempt at a movie with an actual plot is still a fun, silly comedy.