• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Directed by Larry Charles and co-written/produced by Sacha Baron. Sacha Baron Cohen plays a dictator of country called Wadiya. Previously I thought, Sacha Baron Cohen would surprise me with this film, although not as much as he did in all his earlier projects, yet this movie serves his good return. I don't care about kind of humor he applies on any issue, critical or normal; I always enjoy watching Sacha Baron Cohen movies. It's entertaining, it's gala in its own way. I simply loved cameo by one of my top-favorite actors 'Edward Norton'.

• Barrington

★★★ Watched by Barrington 18 Jan, 2015

Could have gone without the love story.

• vrklgn

½ Watched by vrklgn 11 Jan, 2015

Probably the worst of Sacha Baron Cohens "Sketch Movies".

Favorite Part: The speech was probably the only funny joke in this movie and it's a part of the trailer.

• dr_exploitation

★★★★★ Watched by George Kentchiashvili 08 Jan, 2015

Childhood ;_;

• Edward Kirkpatrick

★★★ Watched by Edward Kirkpatrick 04 Jan, 2015 1

Even more than most recent comedies, seemed like they were making the whole thing up as they went. But a few big laughs.

• naisha

★★★★★ Added by naisha

this movie... made me laugh so hard that my stomach started hurting! one of the funny parts was when nadal tells aladeen that losers wear crocs(when aladeen was suiciding) and i was wearing crocs :') ! this is a full on entertaining movie and i watched it more than 3 times :p

• Hitsville U.K.

★★★ Watched by Hitsville U.K. 15 May, 2012

"All in all, The Dictator is almost guaranteed to make you laugh, even if you take a sharp intake of a breath straight after. Its brand of comedy is close-to-the-bone, near-the-knuckle, but considering its a Sacha Baron Cohen film, what else did you expect? Mainstream comedies that deliver on the second part are becoming increasingly rare these days, so one that is genuinely funny and occasionally clever has got to be worth a shot."

Reviewed by Alex Quinn
    hitsville.co.uk/post/23119850465/let-me-preface-this-review-by-saying-avoid-all

• Guy Incognito

★★½ Watched by Guy Incognito 28 Dec, 2014

A crass and crude comedy with a weak script (those endless anal and sex jokes) and only a handful of funny moments. Oh wait, that was "The Interview".

Still, "The Dictator" has so many horribly written and delivered jokes, that they cast a shadow over the many funny lines and the hilarious performance of Cohen, who depicts his tyrant as a doofus with too much power.

That is why I feel indecisive about "The Dictator". Cohen is great (especially in…

• Brent Joseph Cruz

★★★ Added by Brent Joseph Cruz

Waiter: What is your name?
    General Aladeen: My name is Allison Burgers.
    Waiter: That is a made up name. What is your real name?
    General Aladeen: My name is Ladiz.
    Waiter: Ladiz what?
    General Aladeen: Ladiz Washroom.
    Waiter: [notices sign that says "Ladies Wash Room"] Ladies Wash Room. Your name is like the sign. What is your real name?
    General Aladeen: My name is Emplyes.
    Waiter: Emplyes what?
    General Aladeen: Emplyes Mustwashhands.
    Waiter: [notices sign "Employees Must Wash Hands"] That…

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

This is Sacha Baron Cohen's fourth feature film in which he has a leading role. Same director, Larry Charles, directed Borat and Brüno, and why no play the old success formula in this one as well, where the star this time is the Admiral General Aladeen. The plot is mainly about the dictator of the fictional Republic of Wadiya visiting the United State. Sacha Baron Cohen, with enlisted help of Anna Faris and Ben Kingsley, does what he usually does…

• Adam Redman