• Voina

½ Added by Voina

Utter shit, Sascha Baron Cohen should be ashamed

• Dave Holmes

★★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

Firstly, I'll like to send a pre-emptive apology about enjoying this film to those of you who find anti-American or politically incorrect humour deeply offensive. I'm sorry. I realise that this film is deeply inappropriate for many audiences of whom I would personally act extremely respectful of and deferential to in person, because of your beliefs and values. This film IS outrageous, but I don't think it is intended to particularly outrage people. Because the more conservative, most easily offended…

• Al

★½ Added by Al

It's not very funny.

• CinemaClown

★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 22 Sep, 2015

From the creators of Borat, The Dictator arrives as another raunchy, vicious & rib-tickling satire from Sacha Baron Cohen, this time parodying numerous real-life dictators. Certainly much refined in production, featuring a more prominent cast, and also preserving its crude humour, The Dictator may not be as memorable as Borat but it's a fun flick nonetheless.

The story of The Dictator follows Haffaz Aladeen, the eccentric & oppressive leader of the Republic of Wadiya who is summoned to the birthplace of AIDS…

• J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

★★★ Added by J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

But it works

• Calum Iain MacIver

★★★ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 02 Feb, 2013

This being a Sacha Baron Cohen movie you know it is going to walk a knife-edge of crudity, filth, offensiveness, racism and out-and-out hilarity. Although a quite a number of the skits and gags fall flat, Cohen and co-writers Alec Berg, David Mandel and Jeff Schaffer manage to pull off both a very funny picture and a reasonably clever political satire. The following piece, for example, appears in the Dictators speech to a packed room of politicos and jurnos: “Why…

• Davith Lecter

★★★½ Watched by Davith Lecter 03 Sep, 2015

Gaberrísima, reírse o no depende de la sensibilidad del espectador pero a mi me ha encantado como me suele pasar con Sacha Baron Cohen.
    El argumento pasa a ser algo simple y secundario cuando los chistes negros y bestias se hacen protagonistas, tiene algunos momentos inolvidables en lo referente a este tipo de comedia.
    Es muy bestia pero sabe cómo serlo.

• wiz52

½ Watched by wiz52 21 Aug, 2015

Dreadful. Crass with barely a snigger. You know when you're watching something and you're embarrassed for everyone involved? That.

• Degaré Moreau

½ Added by Degaré Moreau

• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★★ Rewatched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 25 Aug, 2015

The third collaboration of comedian Sacha Baron Cohen and director Larry Charles is not as much edgy as their previous works, but still a welcome one (and arguably a better one than "Bruno"). This time, they took the route of the political satire than the mockumentary.

Cohen is Admiral General Aladeen, the pompous commander-in-chief of the Republic of Wadiya. And on the promotional materials featured, he is really fun to watch. On the movie however, it was a mixed bag.…

• mmund2

★★★ Added by mmund2

the humor is too conventional (sascha baron cohen became americanized) and too predictable (even my 13 year old brother saw the joke a mile away)

• Lucyan