• Phil

Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Not too sure where I stand with this update of the classic kids show. This is one of those times where making a film for the younger audience is probably the best option yet they went the other way.

The main problem here is the fact that The Dukes of Hazzard was a TV show primarily for kids. It was light-hearted and had the same kind of theme as other classic TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider and Airwolf.…

• hyogi

★★★½ Added by hyogi

Dumb, fun, and has car chases all in all not bad

• MrMagnusson

★★ Watched by MrMagnusson 07 Feb, 2015

I'd wager that I would've liked the hell out of this film when I were younger and the the funniest films were literary American Pie and Epic Movie.
    Yeah, I've been there. So, Dukes Of Hazzard was in my eyes nothing more than a crass piece of film to watch with some pals. They laughed throughout the film and I sat beside them and wondered what the hell was so funny. This is really not my kind of humour, I…

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 13 Jan, 2015 1

Breaking news, Todd Gaines IS Sheev!

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 20 Sep, 2005

The plot isn't much different than any of the television episodes I watched when I was five. But the driving stunts are feature-film level, and the gags are the exact mix of American Pie / Jackass / Broken Lizard humour you'd expect from the Scott/Knoxville/Lizard teaming.

Will they make a sequel? This has pulled in $80m from a $50m budget, so I would say yes. But where else can they go with this franchise? How can you push the Dukes…

• bitter_enigma

½ Watched by bitter_enigma 30 Nov, 2014

I'm clearly not the target audience. More exposition than you can poke a stick at, hyuk!

• Andrew Nichols

½ Added by Andrew Nichols

Pointless.

• russman

★★½ Watched by russman 06 Oct, 2014

Can't believe they recast John Stamos with Willie Nelson

• KMOKLER

½ Added by KMOKLER

A dumb movie that's a poor adaptation of a popular tv show.

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 05 Aug, 2005

It wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't good. At some point - I would gander 45 minutes in - I began to wonder how long the film could actually sustain on this terribly wrongheaded plot. I hadn't seen the television series, but I heard it's the same general outline every time.

The Duke boys - cousins, I'm told - are framed by Boss Hogg for a crime that they actually committed (running moonshine) but not in the way they were…

• Alexander V

½ Watched by Alexander V 31 May, 2014

The dukes of Hazzard 2005 or otherwise known as how to effectively destroy a loving memory from my childhood.

• Thief12

Watched by Thief12 13 Dec, 2009

Today in the afternoon, I caught The Dukes of Hazzard on USA. Now, I don't know if it was the nostalgia or what, but I had quite the fun watching it. Certainly not a masterpiece, but I found most of the elements that made the series so popular (namely, flying and crashing cars) present. Sure, the sex-level was a bit amped up, but as far as Sunday afternoon films go, this one satisfied me.

(review written in 2009)