• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 05 Aug, 2005

It wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't good. At some point - I would gander 45 minutes in - I began to wonder how long the film could actually sustain on this terribly wrongheaded plot. I hadn't seen the television series, but I heard it's the same general outline every time.

The Duke boys - cousins, I'm told - are framed by Boss Hogg for a crime that they actually committed (running moonshine) but not in the way they were…

• Alexander V

½ Watched by Alexander V 31 May, 2014

The dukes of Hazzard 2005 or otherwise known as how to effectively destroy a loving memory from my childhood.

• Thief12

Watched by Thief12 13 Dec, 2009

Today in the afternoon, I caught The Dukes of Hazzard on USA. Now, I don't know if it was the nostalgia or what, but I had quite the fun watching it. Certainly not a masterpiece, but I found most of the elements that made the series so popular (namely, flying and crashing cars) present. Sure, the sex-level was a bit amped up, but as far as Sunday afternoon films go, this one satisfied me.

(review written in 2009)

• cineedo
  • Jack1704

★★½ Rewatched by Jack1704 11 Mar, 2014

Nothing brilliant but funny in certain areas and does take me back to being a kids.

Typical story line whereby Boss Hogg is trying to do something nasty to the town and only the boys can stop him. I say only, they are assisted by a number of women with healthy sets of lady lungs. Especially Jessica Simpson.

In addition, watching the outtakes made me cringe due to the amount of General Lees they totalled.

I'm going inside to wash my mongoose

• patrikrice

★★½ Rewatched by patrikrice 02 Mar, 2014

A Movie a Day: Day 25 - Movie 2
    Basic thought of the film:

The Dukes of Hazard.

Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott, whom else do you need for a comedy to be funny? Why not add Willie Nelson?

Now this movie does take some of the original show and puts it in to todays time, which is fine and the movie had its moments, it was funny as hell. but the plot just wasn't written that great.

• Brett

★★★ Watched by Brett 28 Jan, 2014

171/365 (365 films in 365 days)

This was okay. The race at the end was pretty cool and I liked the soundtrack.

• dmitryrocha

★★★★ Rewatched by dmitryrocha 20 Jan, 2014

Engraçado com um diretor de comédia consegue fazer cenas de perseguição melhores do que muito "filme de corrida" por aí

• Frederick Parra

★½ Watched by Frederick Parra 27 Dec, 2013

Hay como 4 o 5 escenas que le gustaran mucho a todos aquellos que sientan atracción por la mujeres, de resto, la película es un verdadero fiasco.

No llegué a ver la serie, ni siquiera había nacido, pero después de ver esto, ya no me dan ganas.

• Ruby

★★½ Watched by Ruby 21 Dec, 2013

retarded but charming probably because I never saw anything from the tv show so cant get mad about it

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 02 Dec, 2013

FILM #10-DECEMBER CHALLENGE 2

I may not be "Southern by the grace of God", but being born in Scotland I'm quite happy to be "Northern by the grace of God". This guilty pleasure has everything you want from a television series that's been made into a film, something others should have noted.
    The actors were never the star of the tv show. Does anyone remember the names of the original actors who played the Duke Boys? The star was always…

• Jamie Huggett

★★ Watched by Jamie Huggett 30 Nov, 2013

This film gets one star for the soundtrack, and another for Jessica Simpson (and no, I'm not talking about her acting talent).