• mfulton

★★ Added by mfulton

C

• LoveofCelluloid

★★ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 08 Jul, 2014

The TV show gets a tired big screen treatment...

Full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2014/07/08/the-dukes-of-hazzard-2005/

• dbcooper7

★★ Added by dbcooper7

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

As a huge fan of the television show, I was excited about the possibilities when this movie came out. I am also a fan of S.W. Scott of American Pie fame. Sadly, this movie was a bit of a letdown. Here are the positives and negatives from my screening:

Positives:

Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke. Simpson was smokin' hot in her short shorts and sexy red bikini. Catherine Bach should be proud.

Burt Reynolds did a solid job as Boss…

• TxGowan

★★ Watched by TxGowan 06 Jun, 2015

I have no excuse for watching this.

Jessica Simpson sure was pretty, though.

• Parker

★½ Watched by Parker 03 Jul, 2015

Did Jay Chandrasekhar seriously sneak a fucking Super Troopers call-back into this?

That move makes this more of a Super Troopers story than a Dukes of Hazzard one, I guess.

• rossboyask

★★★½ Rewatched by rossboyask 28 Jun, 2015

The car's the star in this fast moving action comedy from the makers of the quote excellent Super Troopers. The gags come thick and fast, and the car chase sequences are terrific.

• Spencer Vale

★★ Watched by Spencer Vale 26 Mar, 2015

Didn't give the lead guys much to work with. And I'm not just talking about Jessica Simpson.

• Rootbean

½ Watched by Rootbean 15 Mar, 2015

The acting in this is 'Badder' than Michael Jackson to the power of Samuel L Jackson's Mother Fucker.

• Phil

Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Not too sure where I stand with this update of the classic kids show. This is one of those times where making a film for the younger audience is probably the best option yet they went the other way.

The main problem here is the fact that The Dukes of Hazzard was a TV show primarily for kids. It was light-hearted and had the same kind of theme as other classic TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider and Airwolf.…

• hyogi

★★★½ Added by hyogi

Dumb, fun, and has car chases all in all not bad

• MrMagnusson

★★ Watched by MrMagnusson 07 Feb, 2015

I'd wager that I would've liked the hell out of this film when I were younger and the the funniest films were literary American Pie and Epic Movie.
    Yeah, I've been there. So, Dukes Of Hazzard was in my eyes nothing more than a crass piece of film to watch with some pals. They laughed throughout the film and I sat beside them and wondered what the hell was so funny. This is really not my kind of humour, I…

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 13 Jan, 2015 1

Breaking news, Todd Gaines IS Sheev!