• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 20 Sep, 2005

The plot isn't much different than any of the television episodes I watched when I was five. But the driving stunts are feature-film level, and the gags are the exact mix of American Pie / Jackass / Broken Lizard humour you'd expect from the Scott/Knoxville/Lizard teaming.

Will they make a sequel? This has pulled in $80m from a $50m budget, so I would say yes. But where else can they go with this franchise? How can you push the Dukes…

• bitter_enigma

½ Watched by bitter_enigma 30 Nov, 2014

I'm clearly not the target audience. More exposition than you can poke a stick at, hyuk!

• Andrew Nichols

½ Added by Andrew Nichols

Pointless.

• russman

★★½ Watched by russman 06 Oct, 2014

Can't believe they recast John Stamos with Willie Nelson

• KMOKLER

½ Added by KMOKLER

A dumb movie that's a poor adaptation of a popular tv show.

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 05 Aug, 2005

It wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't good. At some point - I would gander 45 minutes in - I began to wonder how long the film could actually sustain on this terribly wrongheaded plot. I hadn't seen the television series, but I heard it's the same general outline every time.

The Duke boys - cousins, I'm told - are framed by Boss Hogg for a crime that they actually committed (running moonshine) but not in the way they were…

• Alexander V

½ Watched by Alexander V 31 May, 2014

The dukes of Hazzard 2005 or otherwise known as how to effectively destroy a loving memory from my childhood.

• Thief12

Watched by Thief12 13 Dec, 2009

Today in the afternoon, I caught The Dukes of Hazzard on USA. Now, I don't know if it was the nostalgia or what, but I had quite the fun watching it. Certainly not a masterpiece, but I found most of the elements that made the series so popular (namely, flying and crashing cars) present. Sure, the sex-level was a bit amped up, but as far as Sunday afternoon films go, this one satisfied me.

(review written in 2009)

• cineedo
  • Jack1704

★★½ Rewatched by Jack1704 11 Mar, 2014

Nothing brilliant but funny in certain areas and does take me back to being a kids.

Typical story line whereby Boss Hogg is trying to do something nasty to the town and only the boys can stop him. I say only, they are assisted by a number of women with healthy sets of lady lungs. Especially Jessica Simpson.

In addition, watching the outtakes made me cringe due to the amount of General Lees they totalled.

I'm going inside to wash my mongoose

• patrikrice

★★½ Rewatched by patrikrice 02 Mar, 2014

A Movie a Day: Day 25 - Movie 2
    Basic thought of the film:

The Dukes of Hazard.

Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott, whom else do you need for a comedy to be funny? Why not add Willie Nelson?

Now this movie does take some of the original show and puts it in to todays time, which is fine and the movie had its moments, it was funny as hell. but the plot just wasn't written that great.

• Brett

★★★ Watched by Brett 28 Jan, 2014

171/365 (365 films in 365 days)

This was okay. The race at the end was pretty cool and I liked the soundtrack.