• Purdie

Rewatched by Purdie 30 Jul, 2015

If I was half as great as any of these characters the world could not handle me.

• mook

★★★½ Watched by mook 28 Jul, 2015

I've overlooked this as 'lesser Disney' for a good 15 years but not for any particular reason. I guess I didn't like the title, assumed it would have too many song and dance numbers, and it was released at a time when Disney weren't doing anything special.

However, whilst it's not one of their greatest films it's still a fun, irreverent, semi-selfaware coming-of-age road trip buddy comedy! I'm almost tempted to watch "Kronk's New Groove" now...

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

The Emperor's New Groove is a really fun animated family film with a wacky concept and lovable characters.

• BeachesandCream

★★★½ Added by BeachesandCream

ha kronk

• Gex

★★★½ Rewatched by Gex 21 Jul, 2015

I was worried about watching this movie again. I remember thinking this was one of the funniest things ever made when I was younger. So I saw it again, and I still find it funny. Especially when the action gets going. This movie is really good at how over-the-top it makes the chase scenes, rescue scenes, and tense scenes where the emperor is trying to avoid danger of some kind.

A lot of stuff that happens in this movie makes…

• gretchenishere

★★★★★ Added by gretchenishere

Best movie ever! I've said enough...

• wabbit

★★★ Added by mfulton

B-

• Simon Jay

★★ Watched by Simon Jay 17 Jul, 2015

I think I was never a Disney kid because of all the existentialist crises I suffered when I watched The Lion King or Pocahontas... although I did like The Little Mermaid and the like.

When you have a partner who has had a (comparatively) well-adjusted childhood full of happy Disney experiences, he's going to look back on things like Emperor's New Groove with love and adoration. In my subconscious they are all to be avoided like the plague.

But I…

• Dominic Cobb

★★★½ Watched by Dominic Cobb 14 Jul, 2015

Almost simultaneously smart and stupid, brilliantly meta, and shamelessly nonsensical.

• Axeshizzle

Rewatched by Axeshizzle 13 Jul, 2015

I'm telling you, this movie is fucking funny.

I remember seeing it in theaters back when I was 6 and thinking it was hilarious.
    Good to know I that some of my memories aren't horribly skewed by the test of time.

(How I even remember watching a movie from 14 years ago is beyond me..)