• Jeffrey Chen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jeffrey Chen 08 Jul, 2013

I discovered this movie some time after its release to video, and immediately wondered where it had been all my life. I've seen it repeatedly, and it makes me wonder why Disney has never made another comedy quite in this vein again (one could argue that Home on the Range and Chicken Little ventured into the territory, but they hit big foul balls). I think, when it comes down to it, they just got the perfect four voice actors here…

• Sean Doolittle

★★★½ Rewatched by Sean Doolittle 04 Mar, 2015

Oh, right. The poison. The poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco's poison. That poison?

• Aaron Martin

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Martin 03 Mar, 2015

I'm a fan of its absurdist humor and characters. It can run the gamut of Marx Brothers to slapstick to breaking the 4th wall and be entertaining in them all.

Plus it has Yzma and Kronk, who is the better villain/side-kick duo?

• russman

★★★½ Rewatched by russman 26 Feb, 2015

FREE THE LLAMAS!!

• jswysin

★★½ Watched by jswysin 07 Feb, 2015

I recognize that David Spade's unpleasant persona and grating voice are perfect for the smarmy, self-centered emperor and I'm aware that most animated Disney films have an obvious 'lesson-learned' trajectory, but I wasn't nearly as swept up by the humor or character growth as so many seem to be, instead finding this to be tolerable at best.

• slyman

★★★ Watched by slyman 17 Feb, 2015

"What are the odds of that trap door leadin' me out here?"

I love Joe Swanson's Incan incarnation.

Two word review: Deliciously self-aware

• M.K. Nielsen

★★★★½ Rewatched by M.K. Nielsen 17 Feb, 2015

LOL.

• Robert Fuller

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Fuller 14 Feb, 2015

That little "Aw shucks, don't mention it" pantomime that the squirrel does after Kuzco sarcastically thanks him for the acorn is the most heartbreakingly adorable thing in the history of the world.

Oh, and this movie's really funny.

• Bryan Rucker

★★★★ Watched by Bryan Rucker 07 Feb, 2015

A Disney movie with a comedic point of view and a voice cast full of 90s sitcom all stars.

• deadmanramsey

★★★½ Added by deadmanramsey

67/100

• Alex Blackburn

★★★½ Added by Alex Blackburn

A fun and energetic hand animated Disney movie. Song were good and characters were fun

• Steen

★½ Watched by Steen 08 Feb, 2015 2

Thumbs up for Tom Jones. Unfortunately, it just went downhill from there.

The Emperor's New Groove seemed like a cheap knockoff of Disney's own Hercules with its wacky humour in a "historical" setting. Unfortunately, the humour here felt extremely forced, which is a big problem when the film didn't really try to be anything but pure comedy. I am not sure if I laughed more than once, at times I found it almost unbearable to watch, and I seriously considered stopping the film after 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes etc., etc.

By far the biggest disappointment of my recent spree of Disney feature films.