• No-Personality

★★★ Watched by No-Personality 27 Aug, 2014

Finally, the 90's Disney formula is thrown out the window!! I can't tell you how long I've waited for that. No more oversized, overstuffed, crappy Broadway musical numbers! No more quasi-sympathetic soft-voiced nubile brats singing about how they want to be famous and find love and be understood! No more half-assed conflicts or villains that take themselves too seriously! No more RnB end credits piano ballads! (Okay, that one's a bit iffy since the point / the problem is that…

• goldfleck

★★½ Watched by goldfleck 27 Aug, 2014

So finally all the memes are explained... unfortunately they ended up being funnier than the source material. Enjoyable, but not remarkable.

• Max the Movie Kid

★★★★★ Rewatched by Max the Movie Kid 16 Aug, 2014

Would Kingdom of the Sun have been quite as good, perhaps even better, than the movie it became? The answer remains a mystery, but Disney's most troubled production history since The Black Cauldron led to something unlike anything they've done before - a film that's only a musical when it starts and ends, and the rest is loonier than every single Silly Symphony and whatnot.

Pacha is not a youngster but a careful, imperfect father who is barely given any…

• Adriii

★★★½ Rewatched by Adriii 19 Aug, 2014 1

Me troncho. Y me puede. Es divertidísima, loca pero, sobre todo, autoconsciente; algo muy moderno y nuevo en Disney. Es una comedia cachonda sin demasiada originalidad pero sin más pretensiones que hacernos reír con su slapstick, sus guiños, sus parodias y sus chorradas. Cuesta creer la peli que querían hacer en un principio.

• Joseph Judge

★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Judge 21 Aug, 2014

Still one of the strongest actual scripts a Disney film has ever had.

• David Halberstadt

★★★★½ Rewatched by David Halberstadt 12 Aug, 2014

This one has been one of my family's favorite movies so I've seen it roughly 200 times. We all frequently quote the film to each other and our code word for food stuck in one's teeth is "an Yzma".

• Titshel

★★★ Watched by Titshel 08 Aug, 2014

Vaya locura xD

• Marcus Seas

★★★★ Rewatched by Marcus Seas 04 Aug, 2014

A rewatch, but one that I hardly remember seeing.

A very odd animated "family" film. The protagonist is a dick, and very comically crude. Even the character models are hilarious. The old witch has her boobs halfway down her chest and looks awful.

Very quick and witty. I actually watched this because of a comparison made to Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Matt G

★★ Watched by Matt G 01 Aug, 2014

Certainly not one of Disney's best - but seems to be about par for the course in their weak era of the late 90's - early 00's

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★½ Rewatched by Daniblacksmoke 19 Jul, 2014

72/100

• piefight

★★★½ Rewatched by piefight 24 Jul, 2014

For my money, Groove boasts the funniest (best?) vocal cast out of any of Disney's animated fare. Kronk and Ysma's ridiculous gags had me belly laughing on more than one occasion.

The story is derivative, but it says something about the intelligence of the writing that its funniest moments are not only completely absurd, but totally irrelevant to the plot, giving it a canny universal feel.

• bjarvis

★★½ Watched by bjarvis 17 Jul, 2014

A very, very weird film. Just before Disney's dark period, which brought about the fantastic Lilo and Stitch, the also fantastic but extremely undervalued Treasure Planet, and the terrible Atlantis, Home on the Range, Brother Bear, Chicken Little. This is no Treasure Planet or any of the classics from the 90s (pre this film) but its much better than the earlier mentioned films.

This is a weird film. Apart from the talking Llama aspect, its all over the place. Entertaining…