• Christopher Tennant

★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Tennant 06 Jul, 2015

It has an interesting animation look. It is wholly Disney's style, but its simplicity recalls ancient drawings such as cave paintings and Egyptian hieroglyphics. It prioritizes style and color over spacial reasoning - at least, about as much as one can in a "safe" mainstream feature. Also, you rarely see more than 2 characters onscreen at a time, which is an interesting choice considering the protagonist is an emperor: traditional thinking would probably render crowds of his subjects to convey…

• theactualjase

★★★★½ Watched by theactualjase 06 Jul, 2015

This was an absolute surprise because it is ridiculously hilarious. The density of jokes in this film is far beyond any other Disney film that I've seen and I loved that. It is absurd and for lack of a better word, cartoony in the best way.

• Alastair Hendry

★★★★ Watched by Alastair Hendry 04 Jul, 2015

Marking what I would consider the end of a fantastically successful and creative period for Disney, The Emperor's New Groove is a humourous and light hearted romp that deserves far more recognition than it originally received.

The film is filled with slapstick and funny one-liners (why DO we have that lever?) and it's this good humour and sense of fun that makes this a great entry in the Disney line-up. I actually appreciated it's brisk pace and lack of musicals. It gave the film a chance to forge it's own identity and do it's own thing.

An underrated classic. (4.7.15)

• TheGanzi

★★½ Rewatched by TheGanzi 04 Jul, 2015

It was fine.

• Gabriela

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gabriela 04 Jul, 2015

"My acorn is missing."
    "Squeak, squeakin', squeak, squeakity."
    "Did you eat the acorn?"
    "Squeaker, squeak, squeak, squeakin'?"
    "You owe me a new acorn."
    "Squeak squeak squeak, squeak, squeaker"

• Lewis Taplin

★★★★ Watched by Lewis Taplin 03 Jul, 2015

Strangely unlike any other Disney.

• Enno Rehling

★★★ Watched by Enno Rehling 02 Jul, 2015

I came here for Catwoman, but stayed for The Tick.
    I admit that I watched this mostly because seeing Earth Kitt in the line-up intrigued me, but then I recognized Patrick Warburton as her sidekick, and I was sold. The movie itself is predictable, but the main characters are fun.

• SJR 1984

★★★★ Watched by SJR 1984 01 Jul, 2015

For shame, Steve! Never had watched up until now. It was a good time for sure. Now, I didn't care for the character designs, so can't give this a 5 rating, but still, pretty fun and it has John Goodman...holy shit, why didn't I know this before?

• Piers Dennis

★★★★ Rewatched by Piers Dennis 29 Jun, 2015

Not having seen this for years, I was skeptical that it may not live up to the goofy adventure that I remember and loved as a kid.

I had no reason to worry.

I still found myself laughing out loud at some of the absurd and slapstick humor, and I would probably consider this to be David Spade at his most tolerable.

Patrick Warburton steals the show as Kronk; in fact, it's hard for me to listen to him in…

• Will Levinger

★★★★ Rewatched by Will Levinger 29 Jun, 2015

So weird, so funny. A teeny bit sexist upon rewatching as an adult, but I saw this movie a million times when I was a kid and I didn't become a rampant misogynist. The whole thing feels more inventive and clever than anything I've seen recently from Disney... or Pixar. Watching this with someone you love and quoting along is good, clean nostalgic fun.

Also: YZMA AND KRONK ARE APRIL AND ANDY FROM PARKS AND REC.

• AJ Robinson

★★★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

One of Disney's most underrated films. Hilarious and incredibly E
    entertaining. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Michael Herrington

★★½ Watched by Michael Herrington 27 Jun, 2015

The Emperor's New Groove has a lot of laughs, but it's also one of the most lightweight, paper-thin Disney movies I've seen (and that's saying something). I would have loved this as a kid, though.