• Grayson D

★★★ Added by Grayson D

Pretty funny but so aggressively cheeky and self-aware that the plot just runs around in a very small circle for 80 minutes before it arbitrarily ends.

• pheyduck

★★★★½ Rewatched by pheyduck 07 Nov, 2014

I'm upset when I meet people who haven't seen or don't like this movie. Easily the funniest Disney movie ever made and one of the all around best buddy comedies of all time.

• Steven Cohen

★★★ Watched by Steven Cohen 19 Oct, 2014

I have been assured that The Emperor's New Groove should have been a staple of my childhood. It is good (Patrick Warburton especially), but it could have used a little more music.

• dark tyler

Kuzcotopia looks great!
    Squeakity squeak squeak

• Chris

★★★★½ Watched by Chris 27 Oct, 2014

An absolutely giddy film. It's Disney, but it's slapstick. And great slapstick at that. I was worried about watching this at first because a) I was worried songs would be thrown in throughout, but I should have paid attention to the running time. 78 minutes, 74 of which had quality jokes in them. (The other 4 were the end credits.) Other than one comic song belted out admirably by Tom Jones there was no singing, no ballad to slow down…

• aurora ruin

★★★★★ Added by aurora ruin

never forget

• Peter Senay

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Senay 13 Oct, 2014

Nostalgia is definitely a factor here. I can remember watching the VHS several times a week for a while, this may be my most watched movie of all time. And after that many times, it's hard to take that nostalgia out of the equation. It just always makes me happy.

That being said, I genuinely think this is the one of the funniest Disney movies. It has a zany, "anything goes" type of humour that makes it unique. Beautiful backgrounds, great voice acting, and wall-to-wall gags.

I'll be watching this regularly, you can bet on that.

• Steve Robinson

★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Robinson 10 Oct, 2014

Really fun and extremely underrated. I can probably guess why. Two reasons, not a well known story and the main voice is David Spader, not an actor that has many followers. Many didn't give this film a single chance, and they were so wrong to do so.

This film is extremely fun and the script is superb. Even David Mamet commented that this film was one of the most superior scripts in Hollywood at that time. Told beautifully through flash…

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★★½ Rewatched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 04 Oct, 2014

I guess when they started making this movie, they were making exactly what you'd expect them to follow up Tarzan with - a huge, sweeping musical epic with songs by Sting. That didn't work out and no doubt the world is better for it - I can only imagine that being a hit and Disney making Lion King type movies forever. As finished, this is a confidently silly piece of nonstop slapstick comedy that its predecessors only were (usually less…

• Ethan

★★½ Rewatched by Ethan 01 Oct, 2014

A completely middling offer from Disney Animation that works much better as children's entertainment. The comedic elements work some of the time and the meta aspects are perhaps not utilized enough.

Eartha Kitt's performance as Esme is deliciously evil, and Patrick Warburton plays her sidekick Kronk with just the right amount of stupidity.

Ultimately the buddy comedy that this film tries to be has been done better and any attempts at sincere emotion in this one doesn't necessarily feel earned or deserved. I'll hold onto this for my future children, but today it doesn't resonate.

• kate solomon