• kieslow

Rewatched by kieslow 17 Apr, 2016

Il est difficile d'imaginer couple plus attachant que celui formant Blunt-Segel. Et évidemment (c'est quand même co-écrit par Segel), tout en ayant l'air de rien, le scénario renferme beaucoup de réflexions intéressantes sur la conception de la vie, les attentes qu'on en a, et le couple en général. Un divertissement intelligent comme j'aimerais qu'il y en est plus!

• Tyler

★★★ Watched by Tyler 28 Apr, 2016

Needed to cut the run time but a nice movie.

• Helen

★★ Added by Helen

Another film watched purely because of Emily Blunt. I may need to rethink this strategy after having not enjoyed this or Salmon Fishing.. but still, she's likeable enough so I'll assume it's the film itself.

I'm probably not the ideal audience when I'm not a Segel fan or a huge American comedy fan either. Essentially that's probably the issue here. I didn't laugh out loud more than about once? Think that was at Chris Pratt too.

It wasn't an offensive comedy, it just didn't hit the right mark for me.

• JOJsmuggler

★★ Watched by JOJsmuggler 24 Apr, 2016

Why won't Emily Blunt answer my phone calls middle of the night asking her to do the Cookie monster voice?

• Andrew Buckle

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Buckle 21 Apr, 2016

Extra points for Emily Blunt's hair in the second half.

• Megs

★★★ Watched by Megs 17 Apr, 2016

This movie was entirely too long. Jason Segel and Emily Blunt had great on-screen chemistry and there were so many great actors in supporting roles but the movie itself was just average. As a side note: Alison Brie's fake accent is the worst, although her Elmo voice had me laughing.

• Zac Goldkind

★★★ Watched by Zac Goldkind 17 Apr, 2016 2

It's actually pretty nice.

• Jaime Rebanal

Watched by Jaime Rebanal 17 Apr, 2016

I'm pretty sure the apt title can describe the experience of watching The Five-Year Engagement because every excruciating minute just left me waiting for the end. I guess me generally not being a fan of Judd Apatow-produced romantic dramedies can be one thing but even some of his weaker ones have some heart to them which I can appreciate yet in here, perhaps the lack of engagement (that joke was set to be made at least once) with how everything…

• Mathew Buck

★★½ Watched by Mathew Buck 09 Apr, 2016 3

Well, they certainly did an excellent job of really making you feel those five years, because this felt like it went on forever (admittedly, I watched the Unrated cut, but that only adds relatively minor extensions). Jason Segel and Emily Blunt start off as this lovable couple and then, somewhere along the course of their journey, they become selfish, miserable and just plain depressing to be around after a while. The movie tries to offer some serious touches alongside the…

• emily

Added by emily

jason segel kind of made me vomit uncontrollably in this ? the welsh guy was also a no. emily blunt, however, was really quite lovely.

• Aaron

★★ Watched by Aaron 16 Mar, 2016

Made it through 40 minutes. A few funny lines, but overall uninteresting.

• rbwendt

★★★ Watched by rbwendt 24 Jun, 2014

This is a standard romantic comedy. I think it was the last time Jason Segel was in a leading role in a wide-release comedy.