• radiomanhead

★★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Pues es una comedia de enredos de pareja con Jason Segel así que ya sabemos que nos vamos a encontrar: buenos diálogos, personajes secundarios memorables, gran química con la chica de turno (increíble Emily Blunt en su faceta cómica) y la forma tan graciosa de tomar cosas tan propias de la vida en pareja y de la vida en general, la película dura media hora mas de la cuenta y llega a perder el ritmo varias veces por eso, sino, estaríamos hablando de una comedia romántica notable.

• Carolinanz

★★ Added by Carolinanz

"This is supposed to be exciting. It's your wedding - you only get a few of these!"

• Alice Souza

★★★ Watched by Alice Souza 18 Aug, 2014

I literally changed my rating at the last minute because that semi-impromptu wedding at the end was the best part.

Cute rom-com. Great cast. Felt a bit too long. Classic Apatow (and even though he just produced it, his presence is really noticeable.)

• randommale7

★★★½ Rewatched by randommale7 17 Aug, 2014

Directed by Nicholas Stoller, starring Emily Blunt, Jason Segel and a fantastic supporting cast with the stand outs being Alsion Brie and Chris Pratt. The Five Year Engagement is a funny deconstruction of relationship movies though it doesn't entirely set itself apart from the genre it is riffing on. With a well written script, strong performances and lovely cinematography, this a really well made and enjoyable film. The main negative is the pacing and running time; it definitely could have used a trim and also tighter pacing but that really isn't much of an issue when you have a cast like this.

• Luis de los Santos

★★★ Watched by Luis de los Santos 13 Aug, 2014

Me hizo sonreír la mayor parte del tiempo y me saco una que otra risa, pero rayos, de verdad necesita otra ida a la sala de edición. Qué hermosa se ve Emily Blunt aquí.

• Joyce Heinen

★★★ Watched by Joyce Heinen 12 Aug, 2014

“The Five-Year Engagement” starts with a proposal. Not the most common beginning of a romantic comedy, yet a lot fresher. In the movie the two main characters have already found each other, but the way to the altar has various obstacles.

Tom and Violet get engaged and are happier than ever. Then Violet gets an offer for an important job in Michigan, for two years. Tom quits his job as a successful chef in San Francisco and moves to Michigan…

• Felix H.

★★★★ Watched by Felix H. 11 Aug, 2014

Feels a bit like following a mini-series due to its aimless plot and ongoing engagement (duh) with supporting characters. Many people seem to hate this kind of storytelling but I really liked it, in fact I happily binge-watched the whole thing.
    I mostly enjoyed the scenes in which stereotypical gender roles are swapped, the fake orgasm part being the most obvious example.
    The Sesame Street scene is one of the best moments I've seen in an Apatow-produced movie.

• Devarsi Ghosh

★★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 11 Aug, 2014

A rom-com stops working when you stop giving a s**t about its leads. The strength of a rom-com lies in its leads which in turn has a lot to do with things like their individual personalities, the writing etc. The entire story is so downbeat that you stop caring about the leads and their coming together in the end. This film was material for a good study of modern day relationships, gender roles, social expectations etc. but as a rom-com, it falls flat.

• Ross Miller

★★★½ Rewatched by Ross Miller 08 Aug, 2014

a lot funnier than I remember it being (despite the presence of Kevin Hart!). Still far too long, though.

• scream

Watched by scream 05 Aug, 2014

What a giant piece of shit. I was able to get the blu-ray for free brand new last month, but I felt like I still overpaid for it. There's absolutely no reason why this film should be 2 hours long. Jason Segel looks rough and busted up in HD. He's easily one of the most unattractive men in Hollywood, and the fact that they portray him as a ladies man is so fucking unrealistic. Chris Pratt probably regrets doing this.

• 11WordReview

★★½ Added by 11WordReview

'The Five-Year Engagement' (2012) Too long. Number of laughs. Potential was there for something better.
    5.5/10

www.11wordreview.com/2014/05/the-five-year-engagement-2012.html#.U38BVCjih7w

• Jonathan Lamb

★½ Watched by Jonathan Lamb 29 Jul, 2014

A funny premise gone to waste, an engagement gets dragged out beyond comical lengths but unfortunately so does the movie.

There are some funny scenes but it's never as funny or as engaging as it thinks it is.