• Bramaster

★★ Watched by Bramaster 25 Aug, 2015

I'm gonna take a five-year vacation from watching any movie written by Jason Segal!

I get it, he's a sad sack loser with a heart of gold and quirky friends. I don't know why, but his act has run thin with me. Maybe you're like "Hey, I could use some more Jason Segel!" I'm like "Nah. I'm good." I like Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen more than him. They're kind of in the same group of friends right? Kind of?…

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

It took these crazy kids five years to get married!

I don't know why it took Jason Segel so long to marry Emily Blunt, I would have done that shit in heartbeat.

• Carlos Rubi

★★★★ Rewatched by Carlos Rubi 18 Aug, 2015

Me encanta aplicar el rewatch a películas que vi en el cine hace años, porque encuentro actores de reparto y/o extras que ahora son mucho más relevantes (como me sucedió con The Kings of Summer).

Aquí, brillan Kevin Hart (aunque lo odio), Mindy Kaling, Dakota Johnson (la conocimos en Social Network pero su breakthrough fue en 50 Shades), Randall Park (The Interview) y -de nuevo- Kumail Nanjiani, ahora estrella de Silicon Valley.

La película envejeció muy bien, los chistes son…

• Luke McGrath

★★ Watched by Luke McGrath 15 Aug, 2015

Moments of charm, mainly a chore.

• Jordan

★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan 16 Aug, 2015

Back in 2012 when I first rented it, I thought it was just decent like a 3/5 maybe, but on re-watch I can confirm that this is one of, if not my favorite of Apatow's films. It's pretty much the perfect romantic comedy. It's hilarious, irresistibly cute and very memorable. I'm glad I walked for an hour in a bad neighborhood late at night alone just so I could find this film in the $3.75 DVD bin at Walmart.

• Jon Tucker

★★½ Added by Jon Tucker

( D ) Couldn't have cared less for this movie. Had some funny parts in it that I wish Jason Segel would've saved for a better movie like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." Also way too long. Didn't need to sit there for over 2 hrs waiting for the typical kiss & make up ending.

• Max

★★★★ Watched by Max 09 Aug, 2015

Best RomCom I've seen so far! It got the right amounts of soppiness and fun. While watching I feared that this movie could become foolish or silly, but it kept its character and so I enjoyed it very much.

• MovieGuru

★★★½ Watched by MovieGuru 04 Aug, 2015

This was exactly what I expected it to be, and wanted it to be. A funny, soppy rom com with a front two who would make the duration of this film an enjoyable one.

Emily Blunt and Jason Segel (neither of whom who I can't get more of atm) have this amazing chemistry which notches the film up a level or two more from the outset.

By the end of it, I was actually afraid that it would go away…

• Randy

★★½ Watched by Randy 18 Mar, 2015

The Five-Year Engagement is a romantic comedy that is more romance than comedy and its too bad considering the cast. Its so hard for Jason Segel to be not be hilarious but I really didn't find him funny and Emily Blunt was not overly funny either. The people who are funny in the movie are the supporting cast, which boasts Chris Pratt, Kevin Hart and the underrated Randall Park. The movie is also quite a bit too long, which is a common problem for Judd Apatow's films (although he only produced this film).

• leedo0131

★★★★ Rewatched by leedo0131 04 Aug, 2015

A rare rom-com in 2000s. l loved it more second time.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★½ Added by t2kickassjedi

The Five Year Engagement is a pretty decent comedy film. It has an innovative concept and Jason Segel and Emily Blunt are very believable as a couple and it's pretty funny. But it does use some cliche plot devices.

• Alex