• Ben Larson

★★★★½ Watched by Ben Larson 30 Nov, 2015

The Flowers of War shows the miracles that can happen when people seek the well-being of others.

One of those mvies that allow us to see timeless truths on film.

• Angelsfeelings

★★★★½ Watched by Angelsfeelings 25 Nov, 2015

People who don't like this movie are robots.

• johnable32

★★★★ Rewatched by johnable32 08 Oct, 2015

A mixed bag of tragedy and humor bring this history based movie to high level enjoyment. Well done acting.

• Kyle McMahon

★★★★ Added by Kyle McMahon

This was one of Bale's more recent movies that isnt well known. I was shocked at how intense this movie was. Lots of real war brutality. Great overall movie

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

Another underrated movie, so beautiful history for native women really want to save this handsome man out to be killed.
    Hey, I'm just saying the truth. It's so tragic.
    I do really love the whole plot and great picture of the setting-up era. The ensemble casts so perfect that made our big man was so different but yet, he's a great actor that meant to be in this great movie.

• Emil Grove Dencher Andersen

★★★★★ Added by Emil Grove Dencher Andersen

One of my absolute favorite movies.
    The colors and cinematics are so stunning. Love the visuals and the sound editing, as well as the story.

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 24 Jul, 2015

The war scenes are beautifully filmed and the cinematography is first class, but the screenplay is too cheesy at some moments.

• Simon Harris

★★★½ Watched by Simon Harris 09 Jun, 2015

Could have spared us a few unnecessary lenghty rape scenes. We got that this was horrible, no need to hit us on the head. Some beautiful images though and well balanced script.

• Phil Newton

★★★½ Watched by Phil Newton 29 May, 2015

As the Japanese attack Nanking during WW2, mortician John Miller (Christian Bale) takes shelter in a church and finds himself having to protect a group of young convent girls and local brothel workers. Directed by Zhang Yimou, and inspired by real events and characters, The Flowers Of War is a sumptuous wartime drama that's clearly had a lot of money spent on it. It's not without its flaws, however it doesn't pull its punches and is quite moving in places.

• John Winters

★★ Watched by John Winters 25 Mar, 2015

I watched this for Christian Bale, but by the time the film was over I questioned why it was even his story to tell. I feel like there was probably a better central character that could've been the focus here rather than a white American. I wouldn't really recommend watching this.

• Akram Ben Dhia

★★★½ Added by Akram Ben Dhia

A powerful performance from Christian Bale.

• Zack Wallace

★★★★ Watched by Zack Wallace 05 Mar, 2015

How different would the world be today if we all just stopped and thought for five minutes about our actions?