• sambartz

★★★★★ Added by sambartz

My favorite movie. Darren Aronofsky creates a love story that transcends time. The cinematography is gorgeous, as are most of the practical effects. The score is great and Hugh Jackman's performance is his career's best. A beautiful film about love, life, grief, ambition, science, religion, and (most importantly) death, I would recommend The Fountain to anyone who enjoys thoughtful, non-linear narrative movies.

• katakarin

★★★★½ Watched by katakarin 24 May, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film 3 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2
    ___________________________________________________________

This movie was nothing like what I expected; it was so much more. The actors were good and everything technical looked great to this amateur. I liked the interwoven stories and the match cuts that tied them together. A natural comparison to me is Cloud Atlas, and naturally this movie is much better. For one thing it is a more competent and much less ambitious movie, it fulfills every promise it gives the viewer. But more importantly to me, this movie managed to be clever without drawing attention to the fact, an that demands respect.

• hellybe

★★★★ Watched by hellybe 27 May, 2015

I found interesting the conception of death and immortality from different points of view.
    However some meditation scenes are too complex and surreallistic to be understood easily.

• Cinemashoppe

Added by Cinemashoppe

...

• bookthief

★★★★ Rewatched by bookthief 22 May, 2015

"It's all done except the last chapter. I want you to help me. Finish it..."

• Aditya Gm

★½ Added by Aditya Gm

OMG, had such high expectation. This film didn't even make little sense.Did darren directbthis movie?

• Evan Koch

★★★★ Added by Evan Koch

Probably one of the most emotional movies I've ever seen. My friends might say it was just depressing, but for me it's one hell of a roller coaster ride, and connects with just about everything I already feel. So, naturally, it sticks with me. But aside from the emotional side of things, I think it's great for other reasons--Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz are good, not great, but have their moments, and visually the movie is mindblowing. Kudos to the…

• André Pedrassi

★★★★ Rewatched by André Pedrassi 20 May, 2015

First: I confess that I had to watch this movie twice. At first I did not understand very well what is the mind of the film, which focus, and for what it serves. I noticed only in performances, soundtrack and got a little confused as to certain parts of the script.
    But the second time I watched, I had discussed it with my friend, and had also reflected for a long time to really understand what the idea of the…

• Varghese Eapen

Watched by Varghese Eapen 20 May, 2015 1

Requiem for a Dream - perhaps the most devastating film on addiction ever. Period.

The Wrestler - Rourke roars back to form and how!

Black Swan - melodramatic yet Explosive,steamy.

Pi - Highly original debut.

All the above movies knocked my socks off. Am sorry to say but this one has become my least fav of Aronofsky's filmography. The film does have stunning special effects but fantasy is not Darren's forte in my opinion,he is better when he is tacking real life issues. Just gimmicky and no substance.

• Marius

Watched by Marius 18 May, 2015

What a beauty!

• malungo

★★★★½ Added by malungo

Um dos meus filmes preferido!

• Jake Ohlde

★★★ Watched by Jake Ohlde 12 May, 2015

The meaning of this film is to embrace mortality/live life as fully as one can (or, at least, that's what I gleaned from it). But Aronofsky overcomplicates this to the point that I'm not sure. It's still a fine piece that's visually stunning with great performances from the leads in Jackman and Weisz, but one that is very deeply flawed and had the potential for much more than the end result.