• Joshua David

★★ Watched by Joshua David 02 Mar, 2015

God bless him, Hugh Jackman does everything he can to keep this one afloat, but it's far too bogged down by everything else in the movie, from the needlessly opaque plot to the shifting themes hurtling from one focus to the next. It's a beautiful film (most of the time; there are a few effects that have not aged well), but it's not quite sure what it means to be beyond that.

• Ryan Stevenson

Rewatched by Ryan Stevenson 01 Mar, 2015

Rewatched with the Merely Players Film Weekend students

• Daryl

★★★ Watched by Daryl 02 Mar, 2015

The Fountain is quite a strange film with strong performances by Hugh Jackman and more so Rachel Weisz, she was great and incredibly stunning. Three story lines that run parallel with each other with the difference being that it spans over a thousand years. I think I'd get more from this film on each viewing but for now it's three stars from me.

• jackiejoe

Added by jackiejoe

Hello? Cello? Jello? Yello?
    .......
    YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW

• Fino

★★½ Watched by Fino 28 Feb, 2015

Before watching 'The Fountain' I knew that the score was very, very good. Now I've seen the film I know that the score is very, very good.

• Neely

Watched by Neely 25 Feb, 2015

I honestly don't know what to think anymore; I must have tried to rate The Fountain dozens of times, let alone form a concrete opinion on it.

It's as if my words are floating in thin air and even though I can see them, I cannot reach them and interpret them into coherent sentences. And so I sit here stunned, watching those words slowly decimate one letter at a time.

• Kamil

★★★½ Watched by Kamil 09 Feb, 2015 1

Followbruary movie Nr. #1
    Favourite movie of Devon Seltzer

letterboxd.com/daikaijutanuki/

Darren Aronofskys Filmographie konnte ich bislang immer in übersichtliche Schubladen stecken: in die Filme, welche mich in höhere Sphären versetzt haben und in die, mit denen ich enorme Schwierigkeiten hatte - hit or miss. Nun bin ich allerdings mit 'The Fountain' einem Film begegnet, den ich nicht so recht einordnen kann.

Die Figuren in diesem sprudelndem Geysir von einem Film beschäftigen sich viel mit dem Tod, dem Wunsch nach ewigen…

• Jessy Williams

★★★★ Rewatched by Jessy Williams 21 Feb, 2015

Beautiful and ambitious, I have nothing but love for The Fountain.

• kungen

★★★★ Watched by kungen 21 Feb, 2015

It´s a fantastic movie, we have seen the story before but not told this way. Hugh Jackman is making the performance of his life here, really great. I lost touch and intererest for a while about two thirds into the movie, got it back towards the end and it did hold together the parts. Really good..

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★ Rewatched by Cavin Hawkins 20 Feb, 2015 3

Darren Aronofsky, you've done it again? The first time I saw this movie a few years ago, I found it confusing and strange, and I just didn't care enough to look anymore into it. Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't because I probably wouldn't have liked what I found.
    This movie is about accepting death as a way of life. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz are terrific. The story is very interesting when you start to really think about…

• Jessi Robb

★★★★★ Watched by Jessi Robb 19 Feb, 2015

Excuse me while I
    I don't know how to put just how much I love this into words
    Whoa
    Um
    Uhhhhh
    Hugh Jackman. Hugh Jackman is incredible. That's the first thing that needs to be said about this.
    The other thing: Oh my dear lord.
    Soundtrack? On point.
    Cinematography? On point.
    The film?
    ON. FUCKING. POINT.

• Julio Chuman

★★ Watched by Julio Chuman 14 Feb, 2015

A obsessão auto-destrutiva, tema constante na carreira de Aronofsky, tem aqui sem exemplar mais falho. Falta coesão narrativa e conexão emocional, tornando-o o filme apenas um show pirotécnico lindo, mas sem coração.
    Além disso, elementos maneirísticos do diretor, como a grande quantidade de cortes e composições modernistas, aqui somente aumentam a sensação de um trabalho excessivamente presunçoso.
    A trilha sonora de Clint Mansell, segue o mesmo caminho, tentando ser demais grandiosa e preocupada em ditar o ritmo do longa.