• Matt Pierce

★★★ Watched by Matt Pierce 28 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

wat

• Stefan Novakovic

★½ Watched by Stefan Novakovic 23 Jun, 2015

Feels like the most expensive student film ever made.

• Lenny Rosbach

★★★★ Added by Lenny Rosbach

Prachtige film. Heel emotioneel, heel filosofisch, heel diep. De vertelling is ook geniaal, Aronofsky verteld het verhaal non-lineair en weeft de verschillende universa mooi aan elkaar. Hugh Jackman, even serieus, heeft mij echt geraakt. Ik wist wel dat hij een degelijk acteur was, maar godverdomme man, you had me in tears! Wauw, echt een geweldige, aangrijpende prestatie. De score was trouwens fenomenaal, zo mooi en pakkend. Het enige minpunt waren die fucking dips to white/black, serieus man, dat heeft mij…

• Jeremy Koh

★★★½ Watched by Jeremy Koh 21 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This movie is a little bit of an enigma to me. First of all structurally it is interesting in terms of how it moves between grounded realities and and highly fantastical segments. And when the movie starts and shifts seamlessly between the past and future - which are both high fantasy -and the present which is the most grounded story, trying to figure out how these stories are connected is extremely intriguing. Of course once you figure out that the…

• Vanessa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vanessa 14 Jun, 2015

all these years, all these memories, there was you. you pull me through time.
    i've never loved a movie more in my entire life. i've watched the fountain so many times and it's still the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

• Imani Chacha

★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 22 May, 2015

I see what Aronofsky was trying to do and I commend him for trying. But this film is a disaster.

• ClockworkLunati

★★★★ Watched by ClockworkLunati 02 Jun, 2015

Weird film, very peculiarly put together, but it does make sense. In the end, it left me thinking.

Cool theme and storytelling, but.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 04 Jun, 2015

#15 in my collection rewatch. Out of the Andersons.

You know that list, "They aren't films, they're experiences"? Yeah, this is a sublime candidate for that list.

My comment on this film:
    "The Fountain is my absolute favorite Darren Aronofsky film, and thus the only film of his I own. It's romantic, it's poetic, it's gorgeous. The film makes me cry every time, and it's an incredibly emotional experience every time. Aronofsky's symmetrical cinematography paired with Clint Mansell's wondrous score creates an atmosphere that is abstract, lovely, and poignant."

• Cactus Matt

★★★★½ Watched by Cactus Matt 04 Jun, 2015

A moving, visually stunning meditation on love, life and loss. The story is simple, it’s emotions universal but the presentation is multilayered and mature. The film is at its finest when it’s honest and personal but occasionally feels contrived and pretentious with some of its imagery. Nevertheless it’s a rewarding and memorable experience.

• subterranean

★★★ Added by subterranean

white monk goes to space.

• andrea_laforet

★★★★ Watched by andrea_laforet 02 Jun, 2015 2

I can't imagine what this film would be without Clint Mansell's beautiful score, but it does have that score and it's a stunning achievement.

• Valtteri Lepistö

★★★ Watched by Valtteri Lepistö 01 Jun, 2015

More than anything else I truly felt that this was something very personal to Aronofsky. At points even so that I lost my interest. He tackles with questions about life and death creating "myth" through cinema. While watching I felt the same as if I would have been reading some old epic about ancient legends. Perhaps it would be right to call The Fountain "modern myth".