• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 03 Aug, 2008

Thematically ambitious and with a complex though somewhat meandering storytelling, The Fountain by Darren Aronofsky is a really good film nonetheless thanks to its breathtaking visual power, compelling performances, inspired direction, and evocative score. It's absolutely worth-watching.

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Watched by Mariana Manrique 17 Aug, 2014

fucking glorious!

• Kev.

★★★★ Rewatched by Kev. 15 Aug, 2014

A journey through space and time, Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain is an ambitious story about mortality, creation, love, loss, death, and ultimately - acceptance. Flaws and all, it is still a singular, powerful cinema experience.

• Annie

★★★★ Watched by Annie 14 Aug, 2014

The adventures of a man who can't accept the death of his wife. The concept might appear simple, but it's not as easy to follow.

The first thing you notice in this movie is the beautiful soundtrack. It's quite capturing! Then, you see all those hypnotizing visualizations trying to absorb you in the story. For me it worked. Those two elements kept me going through this spiritual journey.

However, I feel like there are still missing parts in the story. Things that I didn't catch or didn't follow. Another viewing might help resolve this issue!

• John Bleasdale

★★★★ Rewatched by John Bleasdale 10 Aug, 2014

brill weird

• russlowe

★★★★★ Added by russlowe

masterpiece.

how i feel about the truth of things deep inside but didn't know how to explain it.

tattoos on my hands because of it.

• Ben Dugan

★★★★½ Added by Ben Dugan

Okay it is time to sound pretentious: "The Fountain" is not so much a film as an experience. It is not flawless. There are some screenplay issues. But if you sit back and let the music and images and feelings that Aronofsky is putting out there with this film than you're in for something unlike anything you've ever seen. I love this movie and I think it gets better with each viewing.
    Additional note: Hugh Jackman's best performance.

• jingo56

★★★★★ Added by jingo56

DARREN FUCKING ARONOFSKY!!!!!!! He is my favorite director, and this film made me love him even more. You need to see this a couple of times to understand it, but I really love how he connected the characters through camera work. This is the best performance I've ever seen from Hugh Jackman, I have never seen a man cry like that before. DAMN JUST SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★★ Added by Josiah Morgan 4

I think I'm finally ready to review The Fountain.

When I first sat down with The Fountain in my hand, no idea of what I would be experiencing, not knowing who Darren Aronofsky even WAS - this film was practically my inductment into the film community - I was ready for another movie that I would have forgotten the next day.

It started. It finished. I was bored to death. But I was also SPELLBOUND. Hugh Jackman's performance encompasses everything…

• havardob

★★★★½ Watched by havardob 09 Aug, 2014

Dafuq did I just see? And why am I giving it a 4.5 rating?

• fotobill

★★★★ Watched by fotobill 07 Aug, 2014

βολικό το τελευταίο κεφάλαιο να το τελειώνει κάποιος άλλος