• Paul Hughes

★★★★★ Watched by Paul Hughes 26 Nov, 2014

First time viewing and this is Aronofsky's masterpiece. Brilliant stuff.

• Drew DeVine

★½ Watched by Drew DeVine 21 Nov, 2014

Least favorite Aronofsky by a mile. I don't get the overlooked masterpiece status of this at all. Really turgid; feels like reading an Umberto Eco plot summary on the toilet. Why try telling a tale of loss and mortality well in one way when you can tell it poorly in three different ways and hope nobody notices the difference because LOUD? Seems to me just like an excuse not to flesh things out with convincing emotional detail. Also disrupts Aronofsky's…

• travis_bickle76

★★ Watched by travis_bickle76 15 Nov, 2014

I've got know idea what the message that this movie was trying to tell. Set across various time frames and featuring Hugh Jackman (with and without hair) and Rachel Weisz. I'm presuming 'The Fountain' was the fountain of youth which made him immortal, not sure if he found the cure for cancer though.

• Thomas Flight

★★★★½ Rewatched by Thomas Flight 10 Nov, 2014

A powerful and wonderful film. Plays with narrative in a way, that I had never seen before, but left a solid impression.

• Anthony

★★½ Watched by Anthony 12 Nov, 2014 2

The Fountain is a film I've put off watching for as long as I can remember. There was always something else which took priority in the queue. However, tonight was the night. Aronofsky's film about life, love, death and grief starts off well - setting the pace of the movie from the starting line with snappy editing and interesting visuals.

Hugh Jackman's performance is probably the best I have ever seen from him, genuinely heartbreaking through-out and when paired with…

• Håkan Lycksell

★★★½ Added by Håkan Lycksell 1

Höga förväntningar på denna, men den levererade inte riktigt. Jag tycker helt klart att den är sevärd för det är en väldigt annorlunda film. Delvis lite svår att hänga med i, framtidskildringen speciellt.

• Graham Neale

★★★★★ Added by Graham Neale

This is the film I consider the most romantic of all time.

• Tee Emm

★★½ Watched by Tee Emm 05 Nov, 2014

Aronofsky demonstrates his undoubted visual flair in this examination of love, loss and facing our own mortality.

As much as I admired the ambition here: interweaving the present tale of Jackman's surgeon endeavouring to find a cure for his dying writer wife (played with an overdose of saccharine and piousness by Weisz) with the plot of a novel she is working on (a rather dull tale of a 15th century conquistador searching for the tree of life at the behest…

• Simon Crookston

★★★★ Watched by Simon Crookston 03 Nov, 2014

Execution doesn't always match the ambition but it is gorgeous to look at and Jackman is great

• Unklerupert

★★★★ Watched by Unklerupert 03 Nov, 2014 1

Familiar with the incredibly good Clint Mansell soundtrack but never watched the film itself until this morning. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

• laurasusanna

★★★★½ Watched by laurasusanna 30 Oct, 2014

Amazing visuals.
    Compelling plot.
    Great film.

• TicketHound11

★★★★ Added by TicketHound11

Tries its best to appeal to mainstream audiences, but you can’t really blame it.