• Caleb Caleb

★★½ Watched by Caleb Caleb 21 Jan, 2015

I liked looking at it.

• duendes

★★★★★ Added by duendes

Όχι ότι είναι σοβαρό το θέμα μου αλλά σχεδόν κάθε γενική συζήτηση που κάνω για τον κινηματογράφο ξεκινάει με την ερώτηση "τι γνώμη έχεις για το Fountain;".

• JoRoss

★★★★ Added by JoRoss

Awful but wonderful too

• Avaitor

★★★½ Watched by Avaitor 19 Jan, 2015

The story is nice, but I don't really understand what happened... Gorgeous cinematography and score, though.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 20 Jul, 2009

Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.
    Well, it's basically about wanting immortality. Ambitious, well-produced, mind-bending, this movie fails - but on a comparatively high level. Aronofsky aimed for more than he could achieve. Nevertheless it is very watchable, although somewhat silly as a whole.

• VichuViVek

★★★★ Watched by VichuViVek 18 Jan, 2015 4

"Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul."

Immortality is something that we’ve all contemplated at some point in our lives. The ability to live forever. If not for ourselves, we’ve at least wished this upon those close to us. The Fountain is a film which explores the concepts of love, life and death and…

• ctcher

Added by ctcher

The Anti-2001: A Space Odyssey.

• alibrarianslib

★½ Watched by alibrarianslib 20 Feb, 2013

This one was weird.

• spektar_emocija

★★★★½ Added by spektar_emocija

This movie is flawless

• Stormy1

★★★★★ Rewatched by Stormy1 04 Aug, 2014

A pure masterpiece. Film about the cycle of death, it shows an amazing symbolism through out the film and the cinematography is outstanding. Also is interesting to note that this movie is made solely on traditional effects, no CGI at all. Wonderful.

• Justin Willis

★½ Watched by Justin Willis 11 Jan, 2015 5

I tried to like this movie, but couldn't. The story, which should have been brimming with imagination, instead felt bland and lifeless. Two of the three plot lines were boring and the only other plot line was still pretty generic. This movie toed the line between genius and stupid. Sure, it had deep themes, but as I said, a movie about life and death shouldn't feel lifeless.

This helped me to understand the flower scene, but other than that, I think I got it all. www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdzlCZ69APc It did not change my review.

• Gondolin

★★★★★ Added by Gondolin

This is just by favourite movie ever...A Lover-Hater Movie..But if you can just get a grip on the deeper meanings lying underneath the slow pace of the movie you are a person as new...Lovable...and what a Score...My god..A masterpiece...