• Lucy

★★★ Watched by Lucy 22 Oct, 2014

Weird film.

I don't think I understood it really?? I didn't much care for most of it.

I felt like it was trying to be too ~arty~ and ~deep~ to the sacrifice of a simple plot that you could use to springboard all of his ~themes~ off.

• Ani Biswas

★★★★½ Added by Ani Biswas

*listens to Death is the Road To Awe repeatedly while sobbing*

• Jacob Gehman

★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

The Fountain succeeds grandly at creating emotional connections, hopes, and dreams. As a story of one man trying to halt his wife's disease, blind to everything else, The Fountain is gripping. Unfortunately, Aronofsky wraps this heart-tugging story around some weak philosophy or fantasy or something, and it just never makes the logical sense that it should. I rarely suggest films should be LESS ambitious, but this is one of those cases where reigning in the bullcrap would be a huge help.

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Zach Stetson

★★★★ Watched by Zach Stetson 13 Oct, 2014

I didn't understand it all, but I felt it all... deeply!

• Matt R

★★★★½ Watched by Matt R 08 Oct, 2014

Possibly the quintessential film about human mortality, The Fountain boasts a highly intriguing and thought-provoking story that pulls at your emotions as much as your pre-frontal cortex. This level of story-telling backed by outstanding cinematography, beautiful acting, and a pitch perfect score, make The Fountain an unforgettable and timeless piece of art.

• John Winters

★★ Watched by John Winters 28 Feb, 2007

There are three paths through the film. Each tells a small part of a larger story: fantasy, reality, and meta-physicality. Each of them boring, predictable, and a little pretentious. Just not my cup of tea.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 03 Apr, 2014

Rating: B

• BendePapi

★★★★ Added by BendePapi

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• fieldmouse

Watched by fieldmouse 25 Sep, 2014 18

Sixty in September: 40/60

Man eats ranch dressing, turns into flowers. Also, currents of sexism and racism so deep it tires me to even think about.

• John Riley

★★★★ Watched by John Riley 23 Sep, 2014

Beautiful film with a deeper message.

• Riccardo Angelynyrd

★★½ Added by Riccardo Angelynyrd

A little less conversation, a little more action please,
    All this aggravation ain't satisfactionin' me.