• Grace

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grace 20 Nov, 2015

Destroys me every time. My top five of all-time. My favorite score of all-time (Death is the Road to Awe!). Jackman's best performance. And ugh, Rachel. She just lights up the screen. Incredible presence and the most beautiful face ever.

And grrrr, I keep forgetting to watch this with Darren's commentary. Next time.

• Edward Blake

★★★ Watched by Edward Blake 14 Nov, 2015

A messy and unintentionally laughable mindfuck of a movie that isn't as shocking or important as it thinks it is.
    A lot of it feels ineffective and the plot is very unfocused and doesn't touch on some of the elements it tries cramming into it's short run-time.
    Jackman is great, some of the visuals/cinematography look great, others seem a little cheesy, the score is great as well.
    This film has a lot of greats... but it's just massively flawed and…

• Peter Webb

★★½ Watched by Peter Webb 13 Nov, 2015

Hugh Jackman wants to defeat mortality, and so becomes the Buddha.

• Jamie Roberts

★★★½ Watched by Jamie Roberts 04 Nov, 2015

This is a really beautiful movie. The script could have been stronger.

• JessBettencourt

★★★½ Watched by JessBettencourt 09 Nov, 2015

I have no concrete idea of what happened in this film, and I'm unsure if anyone ever could have any.

Regardless, it is an interesting puzzle of a film. It requires its own logic to be interpreted, and trying to decipher it while watching it is a cinematic joy on its own.

• AnthonyP

★★★★★ Added by AnthonyP

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★½ Watched by Antonio Quintero 28 Sep, 2006

An amazing Sci fi romantic tale. Its a story that takes across multiple timelines as someone is trying to find a way to find a cure.

• sbaldwin16

★★★ Watched by sbaldwin16 02 Nov, 2015

This film can be a bit confusing as there is lots of jumping back and forth in space and time but it is gorgeous to look at; the set and lighting design is almost ethereal and Rachel Weisz is often lit like an angel, adding to the otherworldly feel of the film.

• Sam Doyle

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Doyle 31 Oct, 2015

A daring and beautifully constructed metaphorical love story. It's a tie between this and Requiem for a Dream for my favorite Aronofsky film.

• Dave Holmes

★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

A highly ambitious failure? A beautiful work of depth and style? Overly pretentious psycho-babble? I guess it's all of those things, in different ways. It sure as hell ain't light mainstream blockbuster junk where you check your brain at the door. In the words of Marty McFly, "This is heavy...". Jackman is stunning - he takes the ball Brad Pitt dropped and runs with it here, proving yet again that he's one of Australia's best exports. It's not his fault…

• Val Taylor

★★★★ Watched by Val Taylor 17 Sep, 2015

Incredible cinematography.

Very thought provoking. It won't give you all the answers, but it's not trying to.