• beonyi

But the execution lacks,
    So the film lacks, too.

• Juan Espinoza

★★★★½ Rewatched by Juan Espinoza 11 Apr, 2015

Ambiciosa y visualmente impresionante. Y al mismo tiempo termina por ser una historia muy sencilla sobre un hombre que busca en teoría "la fuente de la vida", pero que finalmente entiende que el significado de ésta o, mejor dicho, el encanto de la misma es su carácter irrepetible y su naturaleza finita. De las películas de Aronofsky creo que es la única con un manejo casi perfecto de la emotividad

• A Room with a Moose

★★★★ Watched by A Room with a Moose 06 Nov, 2013

Beautiful visual style and photography along with an outstanding use of colors. Heavy on atmosphere and its really well acted. I think the ending could had been a little better and some points of the story needed to be more expanded but nevertheless it is one of the most unique romantic films I have ever seen: A sad but quite touching surreal story about a man desperately trying to find the key to immortality with a lot of symbolism, surreal sequences, fantasy, mayan mithology, religion and science.
    Outstanding work by Darren Aronofsky.

• ARG87

★★★★★ Added by ARG87

One of the biggest mistakes any storyteller can make is to explain. Have you ever watched a comedian explain his jokes and remain funny, or a maths lecture and stayed up late wondering about the beauty. Of course not. We do not enjoy understanding, we enjoy the process of doing so. This is only understood by a select group of filmmakers and Aronofsky masters this group.

I could break down this film into all of its aspects, but doing so…

• NewOrder

36 Metacritic

Movies {F/2}

• Jack

★★★★ Watched by Jack 03 Apr, 2015

Fascinating, beautiful, ambitious, and a little bit pretentious - the halved budget means that Darren Aronofsky strips a lot of his story back to symbolism, but he does a lot with the kind of money Woody Allen would use to simply shoot some New Yorkers yammering. The film darts between three periods (and sort of...realities) including some segments involving the Spanish Inquisition which are some pretty amazing, dark, elliptical images. Whilst bald-headed Hugh Jackman in a snowglobe served to slightly…

• Connor Adkins

★★★ Watched by Connor Adkins 01 Apr, 2015

62/100

• Sumit

★★★★ Watched by Sumit 31 Mar, 2015

In a word, this film is warm.
    Special effects were phenomenal, even without taking the film's halved budget into consideration.
    So simple, so philosophical, so elaborate, and yet so utterly brilliant...

• Yusy

Watched by Yusy 29 Mar, 2015

Two things to share with you guys about this film:

1) Rachel Weisz was gorgeous as hell.
    2) I slept towards the the end of film, hence not giving a shit about what happened later on.

• Eli H

★★★★ Watched by Eli H 28 Mar, 2015

So poetic in its attention: the steel lines of the elevator back wall, the hot steam rising from the tub, the bubble-like curves of the force fields.

The scene when Tom Creo was in the lab questioning what to do next and in an act of almost surrender looks up at the ceiling and through the window and sees his answer, that's how I feel about most of life. That's where the heart of the film was for me. It's about acknowledging and trusting in the power of a higher power. It's about connecting on the spirit level.

• Nathan Bailey

★★★½ Watched by Nathan Bailey 22 Mar, 2015 1

Hugh Jackmans hair game was on point