• Eli H

★★★★ Watched by Eli H 28 Mar, 2015

So poetic in its attention: the steel lines of the elevator back wall, the hot steam rising from the tub, the bubble-like curves of the force fields.

The scene when Tom Creo was in the lab questioning what to do next and in an act of almost surrender looks up at the ceiling and through the window and sees his answer, that's how I feel about most of life. That's where the heart of the film was for me. It's about acknowledging and trusting in the power of a higher power. It's about connecting on the spirit level.

• Nathan Bailey

★★★½ Watched by Nathan Bailey 22 Mar, 2015 1

Hugh Jackmans hair game was on point

• Ben Wylie

★★★ Watched by Ben Wylie 22 Mar, 2015

I wanted to like this more than I did, sadly. The visuals were excellent, especially the gold lighting throughout the entire film. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz both delivered good performances. However, I felt as though this was overshadowed by the melodramatic plot that meandered a little too much for my taste.

• Alex

★★★★ Watched by Alex 21 Mar, 2015

Brilliant Sci Fi drama from director Darren Aronofsky, The Fountain boasts a captivating concept that is a remarkable feat of the imagination. The story is well developed and the cast deliver some great performances. The Fountain is an atmospheric picture that can be described as an experience. This is a brilliant piece of filmmaking, and it has a very good concept that is elaborate and unique. I always enjoy Darren Aronofsky’s work, as he brings something truly special to his…

• jacksonclark

Watched by jacksonclark 01 Mar, 2015

Watched it. Liked it. Felt a little sick afterwards. (Merely Players Film Weekend)

• fdash

★★★★★ Added by fdash

Epic is the word I am looking for.

• Phillerb

★★★★½ Added by Phillerb

Wonderful film that is admittedly a bit hard to follow. The concept of parallel story lines as part of a timeless love story is great. My husband cannot watch this film all the way through as it makes him too emotional.

• Madd Madhuban Singh

★★★★ Watched by Madd Madhuban Singh 17 Mar, 2015

Darren Aronofsky is truly one of the most innovative directors of all time.What an amazing movie ! Wonderful acting by Hugh Jackman ! That scene when she looks at the star-studded sky and explains about nebula to Hugh Jackman, was amazing ! I loved this movie.It made me cry.The last scene was really touching ! It's a must-watch movie for anyone who doesn't find himself with the idea of "Death". This movie is a real spiritual feast.

• tskimmett

★★★★ Added by tskimmett

• Jeffrey

★½ Watched by Jeffrey 05 Mar, 2015

I fell asleep. Twice.

• Eric_S

★★★★½ Added by Eric_S

Hugh Jackman had a banner year in 2006, starring in two of the best films of the year (the other being The Prestige, not X-Men 3) and delivering two of the best performances of not just the year, but the whole damn decade.

The Fountain contains some of the finest work Jackman has ever done, and he's just one of many things the film does right. This is a beautifully crafted sci-fi drama that spans three different eras (1500, present…

• moondriver

★★★½ Rewatched by moondriver 11 Mar, 2015

This film lies in a tricky area for me, in the sense that I've now seen it twice, and I can see myself growing to like it more and more with each watch, but I don't quite like it enough to want to watch it all that often.

First of all, the film is gorgeous. The golden lighting and dazzling cinematography gives the film a sort of solemn feel, like autumn, like death. The score by Clint Mansell is probably…