• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★ Watched by Michael Schutz-Ryan 23 Aug, 2015

I really wanted to like this movie. But our female lead was too sickly sweet for me, and that made her later decisions confusing. The surreal aspects of this movie seemed out of sync with the beginning events. The voiceover of the cat might have been satirizing The Lovely Bones, I'm not sure. How that storyline played out really angered me. I mean, c'mon, really? You had to do that?

• bibi wine

★★★★ Added by bibi wine

Bitter, sweet and sad film. Among all the characters, I love the shirt and CAT most.

• Addie

★★★ Added by Addie

This was the first Miranda July film I've seen, and I was immediately struck by the resemblance it bears to her writing. Her style is so unique and elegant, and that became the film's biggest asset. Otherwise, this movie just made me really sad, and not in a reflective/contemplative/philosophical way.

• ViolinsByNight

★★ Added by ViolinsByNight

I adore 'Me And You And Everyone We Know' and so was really geared up for this... but I was surprisingly (and mostly) irritated by it.

• mfulton

★★★★ Added by mfulton

B+

• JAKra

Watched by JAKra 13 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm 30 years old, gut I can say that am not mature enough for this movie.
    It's like when I was in primary school and they took the class to the theatre for some extremely artistic performance.
    I was like... me eyes! my brain! me eyes! my brain!...

PS. I felt bad for the cat.

• Pat Van-Vixen

★★ Watched by Pat Van-Vixen 02 Jun, 2015

I liked the cat.

• Michael Ewins

Rewatched by Michael Ewins 31 Mar, 2015 3

Few artists even dare this level of self-expression, which I should have been more mindful and respectful of when I first saw The Future, at LFF 2011, with unreasonably high expectations and a largely disapproving crowd (their displeasure was audible). Not that I was entirely ready for it then, but July's second feature probably gets closest to the definition of 'grower' in cinematic terms anyway - it becomes wiser as you mature alongside it. So, now aged 23, this makes…

• b4hc

Watched by b4hc 08 Mar, 2015 4

in my room.

• E. M.

★★★★★ Added by E. M.

I think it's impossible to give this the positive review I believe it deserves without being bombarded with hate so I'll be brief:

I connected to this movie emotionally. I think it presented an incredibly unique perspective to an incredibly emotional story and I loved it. I personally found it to be masterful and extremely brave and profoundly honest. It truly truly is one of my favorite movies.

I highly recommend to people who aren't familiar with July’s earlier work…

• schizm42

Watched by schizm42 18 Feb, 2015

boring.

• ThaliaFaisal

★★★★★ Added by ThaliaFaisal

"and so it seems that we have..lived before..and laughed before... and loved before…but baby who knows where or when."