• dawn_mp

★★★★ Watched by dawn_mp 28 Aug, 2015

Absolutely loved this movie. Totally not what I thought a silent movie would be like.

• Mark Gubarenko

★★★½ Watched by Mark Gubarenko 04 Oct, 2015

• Luke Compton

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Compton 01 Oct, 2015

I don't really like rewatching films I don't love.
    I just can't get into them nearly as much as the first time.

I felt a tad insulted that the lecturers chose films expecting none of us to have seen them before. I mean, crikey, my airways are film, okay?!

Keaton is a pimp of physical comedy. He owns the role, and the physicality is incredible. It's full of great set pieces, and it's a fun time.

However, the 100mins really…

• Jeff King

★★ Added by Jeff King

This did not do a whole lot for me. It is the archetypal comedy in a lot of ways, but because it did so much of what would come later before anyone else, I found it hard to appreciate the origin for many comedic tropes/gags. Subsequent films have expanded on what Keaton did and have since done it better. Definitely able to trace the origins for so many later comedic elements to this film, however, which is important in and of itself.

• STinG

★★★★★ Rewatched by STinG 17 Nov, 2014

In a world where Tom Cruise is considered batshit for his involvement in stuntwork with the Mission: Impossible franchise, I think he's a fucking pussy compared to Buster Keaton's insanity.

• Noah LePage

★★★★ Watched by Noah LePage 30 Sep, 2015

Not the most magical, funny, or charming Keaton has been, but The General is far and away him at his most masterful. One of the best action movies out there.

• Sam Noland

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Noland 30 Sep, 2015

Incredibly funny and entertaining. It isn't much else, but does it need to be?

• Sergio Sotolongo

Watched by Sergio Sotolongo 24 Sep, 2015

Giancarlo, I know stagecraft is your business, but I couldn't help but see so much of you in Keaton in this film.

You always had a zaniness when we were in school together that I appreciated; and given the opportunity, there's a movie in my head that you're perfect for.

I just haven't found it yet.

(The General was excellent, by the way.)

• Robert Joseph Schneider

★★★★ Watched by Robert Joseph Schneider 25 Sep, 2015

My favorite bit was the saluting gag at the end. The movie was worth it just for that.

• Emmanuel Serratos

½ Watched by Emmanuel Serratos 23 Sep, 2015

You're a pretentious nerd if you found this movie entertaining in any way.

• hakan1395

★★½ Watched by hakan1395 23 Sep, 2015

The General is probably one of the first films that give us glimpses of what would become the blockbuster genre. There is adventure, there is romance, there is a bunch of train chases and jokes; but there wasn't anything that I could really connect to emotionally. Of course it is a great achievement for its time but even with that in mind I still wasn't too impressed by it. Sherlock Jr. wins.

• Rosberg Bozzetto

★★★★½ Watched by Rosberg Bozzetto 23 Sep, 2015

um homem de sorte e muito talento.