• Dirk van Eck

★★★ Watched by Dirk van Eck 29 Apr, 2016 1

The General is the 1920s’ Fury Road: a film that is one continuous vehicular chase, filled with practical stunts and immense set pieces.

• Savannah Diebold

★★★★ Watched by Savannah Diebold 27 Apr, 2016

I LOVED this movie! It was so fun to watch and I believe everyone should get the chance to watch this film. It is a perfect representation of film use to be like when there was no sound and no special effects. It boggles my mind that everything Buster Keaton did was him for real doing it. He performed his own stunts and they were quite dangerous at times. It is sad that we do not see this anymore in…

• MemototheMan

★★★★★ Watched by MemototheMan 27 Apr, 2016

This is the best Thomas the Tank Engine episode ever.

• natediggitydawg

★★★★★ Watched by natediggitydawg 27 Apr, 2016

Buster Keaton is a comedic legend and this film is more evidence of that. Even though it was made in the mid 20s, the comedy is timeless and the story is fun. What amazes me most about The General is that all of the stunts that Keaton pulled off were 100% real and probably very dangerous. I particularly enjoyed watching them run a train off a bridge into a river. Hopefully the millennials that watch it aren't horribly triggered by the sight of a confederate flag.

• Jon Birondo

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Birondo 25 Apr, 2016

johnnie gray had a rough day

• rscusick

★★★★ Added by rscusick

This silent film has stood the test of time and is just as entertaining today as it must have been in the 20's.

• Judah Finnigan

★★★★★ Watched by Judah Finnigan 25 Apr, 2016

H.W.O.S.G [hilarious work of staggering genius]

• ToTheMovies

★★★★★ Rewatched by ToTheMovies 23 Apr, 2016

Exceptional

• The Mysterious Stranger

★★★★ Rewatched by The Mysterious Stranger 22 Apr, 2016

tutiri ti ti ti ti tiri

• Jesse Rice

★★★★ Watched by Jesse Rice 20 Apr, 2016

Strong beginning, strong ending, weak middle. Keaton is at his best when he is a man beset with troubles, rather than playing the fool. His greatest bits are when he is overcoming adversity, or merely unlucky. However, when he plays the idiot it comes off as dumb instead of funny. I also had an issue with some of the speech cards (is that what you call them?), but the visuals were amazing. The effects were especially impressive, as there was…

• Spencer Serra

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Serra 19 Apr, 2016

The best part of this movie is that it's probably funnier, more suspenseful, and all around better made than the majority of action comedies that come out today.

Really curious why Keaton decided to make his character side with the Confederacy though.

• Chris Galegar

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Galegar 18 Apr, 2016

Still not my favorite Keaton, but it grows on me more each time.