• Sam Blackburn

★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Blackburn 12 May, 2015

When Roman Polanski makes a thriller/subgenre film he really knows how to create a dreary atmosphere such as with this movie and Frantic. It can be slow at times and some of the political aspects are not that interesting but when they are it has your attention backed with good performances from Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor.

• alex

★½ Watched by alex 08 May, 2015

it was really boring ?? but like the wife looked amazing. so that's ok

• firelordazulas

★★★ Watched by firelordazulas 07 May, 2015

i???? okay. who even knows. but the wife was the antagonist all along !!! i love that shit !!! like she totally the chessmaster and manipulating pierce brosnan and like the pm behind the pm and i love that. also she wore a lot of too big knitwear which i'm about.
    it got rly boring in the middle tho??? and the cipher was soooo overdone

• Aurelia Gould

★½ Watched by Aurelia Gould 26 Apr, 2015

With the exception of the last fifteen minutes, I found it rather boring, Polanski regardless. And when I am bored, I keep myself occupied by noticing details pertaining to the production of the film (occupational hazard, I guess), and when I do, some things really frustrate me. Like Photoshopped images. This film must have some of the worst ones, and it would be OK if it was just one image in one shot. Here, the images are being shown over…

• Jesús González

★★★½ Watched by Jesús González 19 Apr, 2015

Polanski nos regala un thriller político inquietante, húmedo y pausado. La primera escena es toda una declaración de estilo y de intenciones: El ferry, el último coche, un cuerpo ahogado en la orilla...sublime.
    A pesar de que la trama avanza con el ritmo adecuado, buenos diálogos e interpretaciones bastante dignas, puede que la historia no termine de atrapar a algunos debido a la temática, a priori, poco llamativa de esta.
    La escena final, las piezas que encajan del todo, lo que no nos enseña, el mensaje que lanza al espectador en forma de páginas que se pierden con el viento. Una delicia.

• moviemanwill

★★★★ Added by moviemanwill

That last shot. THAT LAST SHOT!

• JPALM007

★★★½ Watched by JPALM007 03 Apr, 2015

Enjoyable enough, glad I watched it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Great actors, decent albeit predictable/cliche outcome. Pretty scathing on Tony Blair

• Mark C

★★★½ Rewatched by Mark C 05 Apr, 2015 4

There's little original in The Ghost, especially when its big reveal harks back to the work of Frederick Forsyth (specifically the stuff about then leader of the GLC Ken Livingstone in his novel The Fourth Protocol) and the paranoid delusions of Peter 'Spycatcher' Wright - albeit with a 21st Century, Post Cold War twist, but regardless of its familiarity this remains a strong outing for director Roman Polanski in the twilight of his career.

In Robert Harris' novel (which he…

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Watched by William Kretschmer 11 Nov, 2012

A ghostwriter hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister uncovers secrets that put his own life in jeopardy.
    In all departments skillfully executed thriller, although the final revelation of the conspiracy is rather disappointing.

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★★ Watched by Nazeer Vawda 25 Mar, 2015

I've known about this film since it came out. I was so excited. The Trailer made it look like a Da Vinci Code kinda thriller and I love that. SO for five years I was look for this film (whenever I remembered it exists) and today I found it. And it was glorious. It isn't a Da Vinci Code style thriller. It's a very slow movie, that keeps pulling twists and turns.This isn't a whodunit thriller though, it's much more…

• Paukzen

★★★ Rewatched by Paukzen 25 Dec, 2010

DVD, Casa Pollio

• Josephus

★★★ Watched by Josephus 22 Mar, 2015

If I ever could own this fantastic beachhouse. Best of all, the beachhouse was a set in Usedom (interior & exterior) and Sylt (landscape) although it's supposed to be on Martha's Vineyard as Polanski can't enter the US. The NY publishing house actually is in Berlin.

Until the very end, an enjoyable plot that only suffers from a weak ending and lost the movie half a star.