• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 22 Aug, 2014

I loved the book, and this is a very good adaptation with just the right amount of humour and suspense!

• Paul Kapsalis

★★★★ Watched by Paul Kapsalis 30 Aug, 2014

Ewan MacGregor's hairstyle was really well-made.Oh,and the film was too.

• Daniel

★★★ Watched by Daniel 27 Aug, 2014

La verdad me aburrió, no soy partidario de Ewan McGregor ni de los últimos trabajos de Polanski, mezcla todo eso con un trama policiaco y creas a mi nemesis.

En realidad no es mala, siendo objetivo es buena y en su primera media hora creó bastantes espectativas, pero su ritmo es lento e imperdonable, quizás en otra situación la hubiese valorado mejor. Not my cup o tea, sorry.

• andytorino

★★ Watched by andytorino 17 Jan, 2014

Polanski lost it. It's worth a watch but this film proves that even a great film maker loses his magic touch. The plot, the leading role, the cinematography receive a big minus. Personally I thought Brosnan and the ending were the best part.

• Aljosa

★★★★ Rewatched by Aljosa 18 Aug, 2014

Re-watching because I read the book. Good stuff.

• cezv

★★★★ Added by cezv

Excelente!Final inesperado!

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

The ghost/ the ghost writer, make your mind up.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 24 Mar, 2010

Briskly paced, yet unhurried. Well drawn characters well portrayed. This is the work of a master craftsman telling a good, taut story.

• Gabor Lenard

Watched by Gabor Lenard 09 Aug, 2014

Waste of time

• Mynt Marsellus

★★★★½ Watched by Mynt Marsellus 05 Aug, 2014

I've never been much of a fan of Ewan MacGregor or Pierce Brosnan (outside of his first three Bond films) so I initially had no inclination to see this film. However, one of my favourite online critics put it in his top five films of 2010 and I've been interested in seeing more films from Polanski so I gave it a spin. The two lead actors along with a stellar supporting cast including Tom Wilkinson, Kim Cattrall, and Olivia Williams create a tense and intriguing thriller and character study with incredible political and social implications should one choose to read into it as such.

• Alecs

★★★★ Rewatched by Alecs 03 Aug, 2014

ily

• WesternUnion

★★½ Watched by WesternUnion 21 Dec, 2013

58/100

Mediocre Polanski has a few moments, but hardly even registers (must be taking a cue from Brosnan). He really needs to get cracking on a genre piece enamoured with a unique mood like Chinatown again.