• Jorge Pardo

★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo 02 Dec, 2016

Demasiado envoltorio para tan discreto contenido. A ratos es, incluso, hasta un poco previsible. Me ha gustado mucho el personaje de McGregor que, creo, es lo que eleva un poco el nivel de la película.

• Carlos Magalhães

★★★★ Added by Carlos Magalhães

An engaging and tense thriller with an intriguing mystery and a stylish direction that bring to mind Polanski's finest works, and some scenes here are spectacular, especially the final sequence, while Ewan McGregor puts in a very strong performance.

More reviews on filmotrope.com

• Sheldon Farough

★★★ Watched by Sheldon Farough 15 Oct, 2014

A pretty decent political thriller. The performances were good, the movie was shot very very well, and the ending is legendary. However, the middle of this movie was so boring. I had to watch it a number of times for a film class and every single time, I started to fall asleep about 45 minutes in. Still, worth it for the ending. And if you're into political stuff, you might like this a lot more than me.

• Ashley

★★★★ Rewatched by Ashley 21 Nov, 2016

Roman Polanski struck cinematic gold again with his 2010 film, The Ghost Writer. Starring Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, and Olivia Williams; The Ghost Writer follows an unassuming writer hired for a lucrative contract to ghost the memoir of the former UK Prime Minister. The simple job becomes much more complex when the former P.M. is charged with war crimes. The ghost gets an in-depth look into the lives of his subjects and begins to question if he should be getting…

• Noah Miles

Rewatched by Noah Miles 20 Nov, 2016

Two men, caught up amidst political forces beyond their understanding, wishing for the best but hurtling towards the absolute worst, their death at the hands of people with much more power than them.

• SDean

★★★★½ Added by SDean

Superbly paced and atmospheric political thriller with an excellent cast on top form

• adri0

★★½ Watched by adri0 19 Nov, 2016

A well-sewn story about contemporary politics with elements of conspiracy. Good scenes here and there, but separated by mostly boringness and unconvincing acting. Cinema-wise, I felt Ghost Writter pretty dull, but the plot manages to sustain it overall.
    The closing was quite good though.

• Chris House

★★★★½ Added by Chris House

Although the movie felt very subdued, Polanski tells the story with such precision and focus that I got caught up in it. By the end I was nervous with anticipation for the outcome to unfold (and boy, did it ever unfold - what a ballsy and fantastic ending). I think what I loved most about it was Ewan McGregor. He's great as an everyman who gets wrapped up in a crazy situation, yet is able to barely keep his head above water, so to speak.

• dhuys

★★★★ Watched by dhuys 04 Nov, 2016

Intriging movie

• dave0v0

★★★★★ Watched by dave0v0 30 Oct, 2016

WET EWAN MCGREGOR? 5 stars.

• minnajee

★★½ Watched by minnajee 14 Feb, 2011

For the ones that actually have read the book, the film offers no thrills. It's decent, though, but nothing more.

• Saqib Ali

★★★★★ Watched by Saqib Ali 10 Oct, 2016

One of the Moving thriller i have seen !