• hacer

★★★★ Watched by hacer 02 Jul, 2015

This movie is the work of a man who knows how to direct a thriller. Smooth, calm, confident, it builds suspense instead of depending on shock and action. -Roger Ebert

• alonso ruvalcaba

★★★★½ Rewatched by alonso ruvalcaba 02 Jul, 2015

la veo de tanto en tanto nomás para acordarme de cómo se escribe, se filma y se monta un thriller.

• fatpie42

★★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 10 Jan, 2011

The version I watched was titled "The Ghost".

This is actually a bit awkward since I'm of the opinion that this movie should never really have been made. I've already been asserting that the whole failure to expedite Roman Polanski was an utter farce. (Also, at the beginning of this post I link to some Filmdrunk articles where he writes some amusing stuff on the issue. Oh and also this quote. And this from Chris Rock.)

In my defence, I…

• PuRock

★★★½ Watched by PuRock 15 Jun, 2015

I like a film that doesn't think you're stupid. It comes as no surprise that The Ghost Writer is a smart thriller since the film comes from the mind of Roman Polanski.

The Ghost Writer has a lot of similarities with one of Polanski's best films, Chinatown. Polanski replaces a hard-nosed private investigator with an inquisitive writer, then updates it for the times. Instead of Chinatown we have Old Haven (Martha's Vineyard). Okay, maybe I'm stretching it a bit.

The Ghost Writer is no Chinatown but it spawns from the same idea. Where putting together the pieces is half the fun.

• Carnaval

★★★ Watched by Carnaval 13 Jun, 2015

Like a novel, directed fact by fact, without almost any trace of passion. So much music, but it's been nice to hear it.
    I think the film has two scenes at the end of the movie which so much people could find awesome. Before these, I found everything like what I've just said in the beginning.

• Rosp

★★★ Added by Rosp

Nota = 6

• Noronen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Noronen 06 Jun, 2015

Right on Chinatown's tail and moving in closer with each subsequent viewing. It's that good.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★½ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 05 Jun, 2015

Albeit slow in some areas it is well worth hanging on because of a rewarding ending.

• XM

★★★★ Rewatched by XM 04 Jun, 2015

Criss, tout le monde est louche... En plus, y'ont oublié la moto pis la tête en feu...

• Sascha Nolte

★★★★ Watched by Sascha Nolte 30 May, 2015

Polanski liefert und liefert und liefert...

• Sam Blackburn

★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Blackburn 12 May, 2015

When Roman Polanski makes a thriller/subgenre film he really knows how to create a dreary atmosphere such as with this movie and Frantic. It can be slow at times and some of the political aspects are not that interesting but when they are it has your attention backed with good performances from Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor.

• alex

★½ Watched by alex 08 May, 2015

it was really boring ?? but like the wife looked amazing. so that's ok