• Thiago Minhoca

★★★½ Watched by Thiago Minhoca 14 Jun, 2015

Preciso ver mais filmes do Polanski pra saber sua qualidade como grande cineasta (Só tinha visto Deus da Carnificina). O argumento do filme não me pegou, mas é um filme muito bem produzido. A direção de Polanski nas cenas tensas prendem bem atenção. A escolha do elenco foi muito bem acertada para os personagens do enredo.

• Brett the Wiese

★★★ Watched by Brett the Wiese 23 Jul, 2015

From a guy who appreciates a good thriller as much as the next guy...dat ending was far-fetched, even for me.

• TheCinemaMan101

★★★★ Watched by TheCinemaMan101 22 Jul, 2015 1

The Ghost Writer is a very well done thriller with a smart script, full of intense moments and a strong performance by Ewan McGregor. Also, this is one of Pierce Brosnan's best in his career as well.

Grade: B+

• InSession Film

★★★★ Watched by InSession Film 21 Jul, 2015

I do love me some Roman Polanski. A first time watch for me and I quite enjoyed this film. The film is smartly directed and handled by someone who's confident in his work. The film is calm and well paced as it builds suspense instead throwing us into action and chaos.

The acting is wonderful too, Ewan McGregor is always fun to watch. Each character seemed to have some sort of motive, but you weren't sure which turn it was…

• freeheelpete

Watched by freeheelpete 07 Jun, 2011

Entertaining light thriller

• Michael Stuhlman

★★½ Watched by Michael Stuhlman 18 Jul, 2015

A decent mystery that never took off. Not even close to the directors best work. Mild curiosity at best. Had to try not to fall asleep.

• Vincent Lao

★★★½ Watched by Vincent Lao 13 Jul, 2015

Roman Polanski’s fine political thriller effectively builds enough tension and suspense to keep up with its controlled, mysterious narrative but gets an underwhelming taste when everything gets revealed. The film centers on a ‘ghost’ writer who becomes associated in writing a memoir for the ex-British PM, and as the ghost digs deeper into the PM’s life, he unveils the dark secrets and mysteries surrounding his client’s family. Sounds interesting and confusing on paper, Polanski brings his mastery to the genre…

• hacer

★★★★ Watched by hacer 02 Jul, 2015

This movie is the work of a man who knows how to direct a thriller. Smooth, calm, confident, it builds suspense instead of depending on shock and action. -Roger Ebert

• alonso ruvalcaba

★★★★½ Rewatched by alonso ruvalcaba 02 Jul, 2015

la veo de tanto en tanto nomás para acordarme de cómo se escribe, se filma y se monta un thriller.

• fatpie42

★★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 10 Jan, 2011

The version I watched was titled "The Ghost".

This is actually a bit awkward since I'm of the opinion that this movie should never really have been made. I've already been asserting that the whole failure to expedite Roman Polanski was an utter farce. (Also, at the beginning of this post I link to some Filmdrunk articles where he writes some amusing stuff on the issue. Oh and also this quote. And this from Chris Rock.)

In my defence, I…

• PuRock

★★★½ Watched by PuRock 15 Jun, 2015

I like a film that doesn't think you're stupid. It comes as no surprise that The Ghost Writer is a smart thriller since the film comes from the mind of Roman Polanski.

The Ghost Writer has a lot of similarities with one of Polanski's best films, Chinatown. Polanski replaces a hard-nosed private investigator with an inquisitive writer, then updates it for the times. Instead of Chinatown we have Old Haven (Martha's Vineyard). Okay, maybe I'm stretching it a bit.

The Ghost Writer is no Chinatown but it spawns from the same idea. Where putting together the pieces is half the fun.

• Carnaval

★★★ Watched by Carnaval 13 Jun, 2015

Like a novel, directed fact by fact, without almost any trace of passion. So much music, but it's been nice to hear it.
    I think the film has two scenes at the end of the movie which so much people could find awesome. Before these, I found everything like what I've just said in the beginning.