• Bryan Reeves

Techs 16/20
    Entertainment 18/20

• Gabe Godoi

★★½ Watched by Gabe Godoi 14 Apr, 2015

Popcorn espionage noir thriller with a side of comedy. This is a lighthearted, fun cinematic experience. The settings are lovely and the story is compelling enough. Although the last part kind of spoils it for me, it feels like a lazy and cliched conclusion to an otherwise selfreflexive and contemporary work.

• Henry007

★★★½ Added by Henry007

Ewan McGregor, den man eigentlich nur aus Star Wars kennt und der ja sonst nur eher kleinere Rollen verkörpert, spielt hier den Hauptcharakter des Films.
    Als Autor soll er die Memoiren eines hohen Politikers (britischer Premierminister, gespielt von Pierce Brosnan, der dies erheblich besser spielt als die Figur des James Bond) verfassen, bzw. als Ghostwriter für diesen fungieren.
    Dass er sich letztendlich mit dessen Leben und Wirken auseinandersetzt ist zwangsläufig die Folge.
    Dabei taucht er immer weiter in eine Welt…

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• wabbit

★★★★★ Rewatched by wabbit 06 Oct, 2015

Loved the book, love the film, love, love, love it.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 05 Oct, 2015

Such a good thriller. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the makers of the updated House of Cards were fans too. Possibly Polanski's last great film.

• Phil Sternwise

★★★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

Did Tony Blair work for the CIA the whole time? Ewan discovers the truth... sort of...

• Marie Bardi

★★★½ Watched by Marie Bardi 24 Sep, 2015

Very amusing of Polanski to make a film about being stuck in America.

Wonderful ending.

• skype jonze

★★★★ Rewatched by skype jonze 27 Sep, 2015

It was on tv so i watched it again, it's really cute

• Cory

★★★½ Rewatched by Cory 26 Sep, 2015

I remember this being better. Still some great suspense, but the twist seemed so meh. I like watching Ewan Mcgregor walk and look at things.

• der Dude Brodel

★★★★★ Added by der Dude Brodel

Ziehmlich genial inszenierter Film, wie fast jeder Film von Roman Polanski. Auf jedenfall zu empfehlen

• calamityhey

★★★½ Watched by calamityhey 09 Sep, 2015

I wish I could like Polanski "casually" but, you know how this goes. Anyway he's very much still "got it", Ghost Writer moves so well and looks great, plus its ending rivals Chinatown in terms of meanness. Polanski gets great performances out of Ewan and Pierce (surprisingly), as well as Olivia WIlliams (not surprising) in what is a consistently surprising, taught, and provocative take on recent political events. If I have one complaint I suppose its that Desplat score which is overbearing and sounds suspiciously like the leftover pieces of his Harry Potter scores.