• Heather Cain

★★★½ Rewatched by Heather Cain 23 Jul, 2014

Dvd

• panikoval500

★★★½ Added by panikoval500

Συμβουλή: ποτέ δεν αφήνουμε τα Α4 μπροστά στον ανεμιστήρα.

• Francisco Rojas

★★★★ Added by Francisco Rojas

"This place is like Shangri-La in reverse" is one of the best lines in the history of cinema.

• nikohendrix

★★★★ Rewatched by nikohendrix 02 Jul, 2014

Cuaron can start a film with a 14-minute tracking shot, Polanski just needs one shot of a boat arriving to shore to create an atmosphere of dread. I know which is the more assured filmmaking of the two.

• Sam

★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 21 Jun, 2014

This is my third time watching this film and it still gives me the chills. It's not so much what it shows, but what it implies. Perfect remote coastal horror setting with a creepy score. Great performance from McGregor.

• Madhav

★★★★ Watched by Madhav 29 Jun, 2014

it's less cinematic but a thriller which is a complement.

• Jake Bart

★★★★★ Watched by Jake Bart 02 Jun, 2014

Hadn't seen it since the year it was released. Boy oh boy does it hold up. As deliciously made and devilishly entertaining as paranoid thrillers get these days. Meticulously crafted by Polanski.

• Timon Wimmer

★★★★ Watched by Timon Wimmer 27 May, 2014

The final scene is just beautiful. Wow.

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

A nicely turned political thriller, with just enough sexual tension to keep it interesting. Cameos by James Belushi and Eli Wallach were a nice touch, and Polanski certainly still knows how to create drama.

• luis reséndiz

★★★★★ Rewatched by luis reséndiz 11 May, 2014 2

digámoslo sin exagerar: the ghost writer es una película perfecta. ¿no? a ver, revisemos: está su fotografía, con esos hermosos cielos despeñados en el expresionismo, en acentuar lo ominoso; están sus diálogos, punzantes, precisos, nunca despreciando la inteligencia de su espectador; está su guion, escrito con una concentración en el suspenso tal que resulta difícil encontrar otros a su altura (no es el único apartado en el que es clara descendiente del mejor hitchcock); está su música y su mezcla…

• qdbear

★★★½ Added by qdbear

I hate when I can't remember when I've seen a movie or not. That was the case with this one. It was on cable, and I had to DVR it, then skim through the first 20 minutes to see if I remembered it. Shame is, I've seen it, less than 4 years ago, and don't even remember the ending. I think it was ok the first time around, but don't have a strong memory of it at all.

• Elias Elias