• SpiderManWithin

★★★★½ Watched by SpiderManWithin 28 Jul, 2015

This film is really good. The story was shown and told well. I liked the characters and actors. I came across this movie, because of Daniel Craig not because of James Bond. It was when I searched the Defiance movie he was in and I found this movie to look interesting from the trailer. :p

I am happy that I watched it, yet this type of movie. Wasn't really a type that I'd normally watch. But I was great and…

• LYN

★★★★★ Rewatched by LYN 26 Jul, 2015

still don't understand why american hipsters ride the other version's dick so hard.

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★½ Added by Luca Lagerstrom

Awesome.

I have never found an english remake that is just as great as the original. David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo proved me wrong. It proved to me that there is a remake out there that is just as dark, cinematic and inviting as the original. And now, after watching it nearly a week ago, I still can't stop thinking about it.

• Kevin Falk

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin Falk 22 Jul, 2015

Out of all the David Fincher movies I have reviewed recently (well this year at least) one of the ones I have wanted to see the most is the 2011 Crime Thriller The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Let me just say right off the bat I have not seen the 2009 Sweedish film but I really didn't want to I wanted to go into this film not knowing much about it and I came out loving it!!

I don't…

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5,5

• Aaron Saldana

★★★★ Added by Aaron Saldana

Great direction as always fr DF. Not my favorite from him though.

• mfulton

★★★★½ Added by mfulton

A-

• PhilParma

★★★½ Added by PhilParma

it's nice to see Daniel Craig play a person (or something resembling one) rather than a wax figure.

• Garreth Lipe

★★★½ Rewatched by Garreth Lipe 17 Jul, 2015

Fincher in his wheelhouse. It's sharp witted and provocative, and transcends the source material in a few small, but interesting, ways. The massive ellipses at the end hopefully gets erased by a sequel or two at some point.

• Jack Caulfield

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Caulfield 17 Jul, 2015

A well-made procedural elevated by a superb performance from Rooney Mara, a cracking soundtrack, and some of the best 'thinking while wearing glasses' acting from Daniel Craig. The first hour (especially the cross-cutting between Blomkvist and Lisbeth before they meet) still feels off in terms of pacing, but once they get together and start sleuthing it's a thrill right to the end. I also love the boldness of the denouement, Fincher really taking his time over these characters and simply…

• Cactus Matt

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cactus Matt 16 Jul, 2015

Thematically intimidating, multi-faceted and narratively complex. Fincher’s directing is as visually gorgeous as ever but without unnecessary flair, the acting is naturalistic and honest, the soundtrack hauntingly complimentary and the pace measured and methodical. Its only faults lie in occasionally awkward plotting decisions associated with Lisbeth, which are minor disappointments in an otherwise thrilling, dramatic and highly polished feature.

• Cait Cibulsky

Watched by Cait Cibulsky 30 Jun, 2012

:)))))))) boy was this sickening. and how! I hated it!

(I do not wish to detract from rape survivors who DID find solace in this movie. I just did very thoroughly did not.)