• Oil_derrick

★★★½ Added by Oil_derrick

By far the most visually interesting, impeccably constructed, useless film I've ever seen.

• Lizard King

★★★★ Watched by Lizard King 06 Jan, 2015

Never saw the Swedish version of it, but I went straight to the Fincher's version because well, it's David fucking Fincher. You can easily see Fincher's trademarks in it, and that's what I like about it. Dark atmosphere really brings up something in me. Great story, my mind was constantly trying to figure out everything that's happening and overall slowly but perfectly paced film.

• Callum Hofler

★★★ Watched by Callum Hofler 26 Jan, 2015

My respect for David Fincher as a director is tested most when I come across a film from the man which I don't find nearly as satisfactory or compelling on both a technical and storytelling level than the rest of his exploits, most of which I greatly enjoy. Seven was an entertaining and riveting escapade, The Social Network featured an all star cast and an impeccable screenplay from Aaron Sorkin, and Gone Girl's unpredictability and social commentary lends itself to…

• aaronobrien

★★★½ Added by aaronobrien

A generic murder mystery story elevated by a captivating main character and David Finchers effortlessly stylish direction.

• Liz F

★★★★ Added by Liz F

Ultimate tool to ignite that Rooney Mara girl crush.

• Josh Schulze

★★★★½ Watched by Josh Schulze 26 Jan, 2015 2

Thank God for David Fincher.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Fincher has crafted a dark and brutal thriller that does not waste a minute despite an almost three hour run time. Craig, Van Wageningen and Skarsgard are all great on screen, but the film is worth watching for Rooney Mara alone.

• Matt Curione

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Curione 23 Sep, 2014

By 2011, David Fincher was a well-respected and Oscar-nominated director who was on a streak of astounding work, luckily he kept that streak going with his version of Stieg Larsson’s 2005 novel. A dark, brooding almost suffocating mystery featuring a career defining turn by Rooney Mara and a career best performance by Daniel Craig, Fincher ratchets up the tension and twists to levels rarely witnessed in film. The fact that his The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a remake…

• nosaj

Rewatched by nosaj 23 Jan, 2015 1

Fincher's anti-thriller. Instead of showing us the filmic version of investigation; he gives us investigation, the information on top of information for nearly 3 hours that adds a depth to the characters that the script otherwise wouldn't or couldn't have. He turns every shot, word spoken, and item shown into data. Who needs a good script when everything that needs to be said can be said with a camera, with an image. An image of fingers quickly typing on a…

• Tami Baldessin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tami Baldessin 22 Jan, 2015

Fucking brilliant.

• Leonardo Moreno

★★★★★ Rewatched by Leonardo Moreno 22 Jan, 2015

That's a goddamn film, folks.

• Jo Hansen

★★★ Added by Jo Hansen

The Swedish film with Noomi Rapace was much better.