• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 19 Apr, 2015

Not perfect, and not Fincher's best work. But there are some quality moments here (particularly the Craig/Skarsgård 'conversation'). Mara, Berkoff and Plummer are all intelligent casting. It just isn't quite tight enough. Great soundtrack though.

• mettek

★★ Watched by mettek 17 Apr, 2015

I don't see the point of a second movie. And a bit awkward with the moreorless-swedish accents.

• moviesrmythingx

★★★½ Added by moviesrmythingx

Kinda hard to follow

• dpettinger

★★★★ Rewatched by dpettinger 22 Mar, 2015

Still really like the Fincher remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; it's stylish and enjoyable whilst retaining the brutaliy, grittiness and skandi-depression.

I find myself wanting to revisit this version more than the original 2009 movie in any case. I wish they would make the remaining two entries into this trilogy.

• Stephen Jacobson

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Jacobson 12 Apr, 2015

This has to be one of the most graphic movie I have seen. This movie had multiple plots that were all equally satisfying. Rooney Mara is magnificent as Lisbeth Salandar whose backstory is explored in such a dark and depressing manner, but when she is introduced to Daniel Craig's Mikael Blomqvist it makes the audience realize the hell she has gone through. This is more than a murderous detective story, in how it explores the human relationships that could be explored in the goth culture.

• Jeffrey

★★★ Watched by Jeffrey 29 Mar, 2015

This movie felt rushed, especially the ending. Which is a shame, because I found the story very interesting. I imagine the book to be much better. Very good performance from Rooney Mara.

• Jenn

★★★★ Watched by Jenn 07 Apr, 2015

why did i wait so long to watch this movie???

• Eli H

★★★★ Watched by Eli H 09 Feb, 2015

Blow your socks off kind of movie!

• Blake Hall

★★★★ Added by Blake Hall

David Fincher delivers again on this fantastic thriller. The atmosphere is great and I was engrossed from start to finish

• Agnis

★★★½ Watched by Agnis 06 Apr, 2015

It's not bad, but I'm not convinced of the need for this. I saw the Swedish ones and this is a pretty matching remake. Maybe the whole point is to appeal to the English speaking viewers, which I can sorta understand.

It's a weird mix of authenticity and new stuff though. A lot of Swedish actors, actually shot in Sweden for the most part (some bits are just down the street from me!) but then also kind of English.

Pretty sweet opening credits though.

• katie h.

★★★★ Watched by katie h. 05 Apr, 2015

not my favorite fincher film, but very well done! I loved the performances.

• Anny

★★★★★ Rewatched by Anny 04 Apr, 2015

Everytime I watch this movie it makes me want to watch it over and over again because is so good. I love David Fincher and I love how much faith he put on Rooney Mara for this role, she's absolutely impecable. You can really see who Lisabeth Salander is without she saying much words.