• Suzanne Moses

★★★★ Added by Suzanne Moses

Very good, but the Swedish-language version is better.

• Au

★★★★½ Rewatched by Au 15 Apr, 2014 7

I suppose you could say I'm kind of a shitty Fincher fan because I love his later work (since Benjamin Button) a lot more than his earlier stuff. To me, Se7en and Fight Club have got nothing on TGWTDT and The Social Network! That's just how it is...

• PRY

★★★★½ Rewatched by PRY 14 Apr, 2014

Saw the Gone Girl trailer today.

• Andrew Giusto

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Giusto 13 Apr, 2014

"May I kill him?" -Lisbeth Salander

The problem with most book adaptations is that they don't know what scenes to cut and sometimes the author has a lot of control over what does or does not go into the screenplay.

Luckily for Fincher, he didn't have that issue with the author seeing as he is dead. Zaillian did a great job crafting a script that honoured the work of Larsson, while making it his own. There are certain things about…

• Arthur Gordon

★★★★ Rewatched by Arthur Gordon 13 Apr, 2014

Great film. Great look, well paced, strong performances. It drops off in the final chapter/epilogue, which sort if just feels tacked on and doesn't flow well with the rest of the movie. Overall though, a great movie.

• Noetic Hatter

★★★½ Rewatched by Noetic Hatter 10 Apr, 2014

Sick yesterday, crashed on the couch. Hadn't seen this one in awhile.

• darek

★★★★½ Watched by darek 18 Mar, 2014

Fantastic.

• Eugene McCrann

★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

If it looks like a stunt and feels like a stunt... Not that I'm shocked, and I went out of my way to avoid all spoilers, hoping I could be seduced by the aberrant thrills that intrigued its massive fan base. Loads of exposition, characters with contemporary interests - the digitally inspired Sherlock and Watson, a culture of tattoos, ecstasy, and electronica - don't make up for its bland whodunit plot (is Martin V. this obviously guilty in the book?), which isn't a terrible offense, but when compounded with undeserved hype and a tendency to overstate everything without a trace of self-awareness, patience is lost.

• rot

★★★★★ Rewatched by rot 04 Apr, 2014

Have grown to love this movie, five acts and all. May have to watch the Swedish originals if Fincher doesn't get off his ass and do the sequels.

• D.C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by D.C. 02 Apr, 2014 4

The Directors Series: Part I-The David Fincher Retrospective

After two very different films, David Fincher returns to the mystery thriller genre, and he most certainly does not disappoint. Based on the best selling novel from Stieg Larsson, some people look at this film as a remake of the 2009 Swedish film, I look at it as just another adaption. Though I love Oplev's Original film, Fincher gets the nod easily.

Daniel Craig plays Mikail Blomkvist, a disgraced journalist who has…

• Stacey

★★★★ Watched by Stacey 22 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Rachel

★★★★ Watched by Rachel 31 Mar, 2014

I've not read the original Stieg Larsson novel so I don't know how this movie adaption stands up to it but I do know that I enjoyed this film a lot. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig put in two great performances and Fincher's directing is as great as we have come to expect from him.