• Max Covill

★★★½ Watched by Max Covill 29 Sep, 2014

Tried too hard to adapt a messy book exactly. The climax of the film comes 40 minutes too early. Regardless of how I feel about how the book was adapted, the performances were great and it moves at a steady clip. The score amplifies scenes that would've been otherwise tepid. A worthwhile adaptation.

• Ryan Michaels

★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Michaels 28 Sep, 2014 1

Fincher's peak as a technician is paralleled with perhaps his most conventionally structured narrative. Granted, Stieg Larsson's trio of novels offer endless rumination on sexual violence, male power and human perversion, but this version of DRAGON TATTOO doesn't care too much for that. Instead, it plays up the procedural elements of the book, which sadly are the least satisfying ones.

But don't get me wrong, there's still over a dozen moments of pure fucking electricity here. Many of them are…

• SleepyDino

★★★½ Watched by SleepyDino 30 Dec, 2011

「龍紋身的女孩」
    7.6
    @信義威秀
    not a bad combination of 古典推理(大宅門) and 科技駭客

• Ray

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ray 28 Sep, 2014

Having seen this before I had any grasp on how men establish dominant positions over women in their relationships and conversations and generally how they diminish women and now, when I have at least a barebones grasp of it, is a mindblowing little revelation given that it's really the bread and butter of this entire film.

• Austin Gorski

★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Gorski 28 Sep, 2014 9

After watching this with the director commentary on, I feel like I appreciate the film more than I did the last few times that I'd seen it. But, aside from the two leads, the movie is emotionally empty. It's exceptionally made and it's absolutely beautiful, but it's definitely one of Fincher's weaker films. It's still a damn good movie, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel like Fincher was pushing himself here; it almost feels too safe and predictable for him.

• Chris Harrop

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Harrop 27 Sep, 2014

GONE GIRL prep work.

• Max

★★★★ Watched by Max 26 Sep, 2014 3

David Fincher is a true master at directing dark and stylish thrillers. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is another great effort from the renowned director. Featuring stunning cinematography, atmospheric and adeptly handled music and sound, a powerful leading cast, and a mysterious plot; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is always interesting and captivating.

The mystery of the story is well-developed from beginning to end and the beautiful aesthetics are often spell-bounding. The opening credits as well is worth…

• Andrew Amphlett

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Amphlett 26 Sep, 2014

Probably one of the most underrated remakes ever made!

David Fincher take on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is simply genius with his classic stylistically tone, that he brings to any of his films and strong cinematography that manages to grip the narrative dark mysterious mood, with perfect pacing for the long runtime of nearly three hours, I never felt bored once even after number of reviewing and the changes between the characters and plot compared to the original,…

• Colonel_Dax

★★★★½ Rewatched by Colonel_Dax 25 Sep, 2014

Sadistic, and unrelenting in its dourness, Fincher's underrated The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a punishing thriller that refuses to let up and take even the slightest modicum of mercy on its audience, and is far better for it.

It's largest disappointment comes from the fact that at no point does it feel like Fincher is challenging himself as a filmmaker, but that notwithstanding, there's nobody right now who does pulp quite like him.

• RIMovieCorner

★★★★½ Added by RIMovieCorner

Potentially Controversial Opinion: I think Fincher's take on 'Dragon Tattoo' is superior to the original 2009 Swedish film.

I don't want this to look like I'm being 'biased' because I'm American, but I really feel that Fincher's film is better, namely because it is edgier in its execution. I have not read the book this is based on but I am aware that it is very, very dark. While the original Swedish film feels a little more light in execution,…

• Garrett Irwin

★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

A highly enjoyable thriller with a good plot and a scene stealing performance by Rooney Mara, but at the same time, it's a mild disappointment considering the source novel and the filmmaking team of David Fincher and Andrew Kevin Walker.

• Chiddaling

★★★★ Watched by Chiddaling 21 Sep, 2014

Rooney Mara's portrayal of Lisbeth was fantastic and so captivating. I really enjoyed this movie, from the great cinematography to the compelling acting by both Mara and Daniel Craig. David Fincher continues to make movies that exude so much atmosphere that I am so drawn to it. All of his movies had me at the edge of my seat, and it is a difficult task for this movie especially considering the staggering run time of 2 hours and 40 minutes.…