• maydorog

★★★★½ Added by maydorog

I love Rooney Mara but this movie was better than her version.

• Angela

★★★★½ Watched by Angela 27 May, 2016

One of many other movies that didn't need a Hollywood remake, since they were able to capture plot and characters the best way possible.

• LLFIN

★★★ Watched by LLFIN 25 May, 2009

After having spent my nights reading the books I was disappointed in mainly one thing after the film: Does Sweden not have more attractive men than M. Nyqvist? I could only see him as the farmer in the "guy in the grave next door" and the conductor in the "AS in Heaven". Why, oh why??? Books are still better, more sidelines, as to be expected but well done otherwise, despite the utter violence in some scenes.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 16 May, 2016

Superior Nordic noir, a dark and compelling plot anchored around Noomi Rapace's crucially fantastic showing as Lisbeth Salander. There's a lot going on and it's a bit relentless at times but overall it's a smart, exciting thriller with a lot of layers and detail.

• Louis Ryan

★★★★★ Watched by Louis Ryan 18 May, 2016

*Watched the Extended Edition*

A masterpiece. Can't wait to watch the next one. Whether or not this is better or worse than the Fincher film is ultimately irrelevant. They are practically over 95% the same film, in terms of composition and production design. The character of Lisbeth was better here, in my opinion, while I though Daniel Craig was a little better as Blomkvist.

• Adam Schoales

★★★½ Watched by Adam Schoales 10 May, 2016

David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo quickly became one of my favourite films upon first viewing back in 2011, and not a year goes by since that I don't take the chance to revisit it. There was just something about it that ticked all the boxes for me. That said, I had heard great things about the Swedish original but never got around to seeing it, despite my love for the American version. I had been holding out…

• Christopher Haskell

★★½ Watched by Christopher Haskell 09 Jul, 2010

Like many film adaptations of great novels, the film version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo falls short. One rule should go without saying: though a book may have a great original story, the film may not play out as such. Either the story was just not meant to be a film or the director/screenwriters do not handle the piece well. In this case, the words on paper end up far more interesting than the film portrayed from the…

• Nik Ashri

★★★★ Rewatched by Nik Ashri 03 May, 2016

There are several suspense and intense scenes in this film that grab my attention to the core and take me deep inside. The performances of the actors, the pace of the story, the narrative, are all the reasons this film is a mind bending thriller. Have I mentioned that I saw this film. The Danial Craig one. This time, it was a little bit dictracting seeing a movie with dubbed voice but nevertheless it still can hold my neck and…

• Stephanie Muñoz

★★★½ Watched by Stephanie Muñoz 03 May, 2016

He was an evil motherfucker who hated women.

thank god Lisbeth Salander doesn't ask for permission to kill a serial rapist and murderer..................

• Ih8RomComs

★★★★★ Added by Ih8RomComs

If you're considering watching the bastardized American version, DON'T.

This is the only version that ever should have existed.

• Lucas Abreu

★★★½ Watched by Lucas Abreu 23 Apr, 2016

São tantos e tantos finais que me cansei. O argumento é interessante, mas infelizmente o remake do filme é muito melhor, e a comparação é inevitável.

• Ryan Ward

★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Ward 20 Apr, 2016

great performance from Noomi Rapace which lifts this from being okay to a quite good thriller.