• Luke

★★★½ Watched by Luke 16 Apr, 2014

I saw the English version of this film when it came out in 2011 and was amazed at it. I loved the characters, the story, the plot twists, the mystery and the shocking scenes that occurred within. I was praying that they'd remake the two sequels to the series as well, but that did not happen. So finally I decided that I would watch the original Swedish trilogy.

I don't have much to say about the first entry as it…

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7,5/10

• thonika

Added by thonika

great book. horrible swedish version. avoid at all costs

• Brendan Edwards

★★★★ Watched by Brendan Edwards 15 Jun, 2014

A suspenseful and exciting film that in spite of the length of it kept me fixed throughout the whole film. Probably the best Swedish film i have ever seen

• Stef

★★★★½ Watched by Stef 03 Apr, 2010

I actually really enjoyed this one. The acting is good, the plot is interesting, and the cinematography is very nice.

I'm glad I didn't watch the trilogy when it was showing in theaters, and instead waited to view it as it was meant to be viewed - as a six part miniseries aired on TV.

• Pandinus

Added by Pandinus

Ich bin kein Krimifan, aber dieser hat mir sehr gefallen!

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 08 Jul, 2014

I think if I hadn't seen the David Fincher version first, this movie would have a greater impact on me. Fincher's version is technically better but this is the original one and it deserves credit for it.

• Mycroft Watts

½ Watched by Mycroft Watts 03 Jul, 2014

It is a rare position I find myself in, for I have read the book (which is, incidentally, a masterpiece), and now having watched the extended version of the film, I have, to say the least, mixed emotions. I am a firm believer that an adaptation should always be taken on its own terms. You must always ask the question "does it succeed at what's its trying to do?" That's where the film is only a partial letdown. It both…

• CinemaClown

★★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 29 Jun, 2014 4

The 1st feature of the Millennium Trilogy, adapted from Stieg Larsson's novel of the same name, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an ingeniously crafted mystery that expertly manages to retain its enigmatic atmosphere, tense feel & disturbing themes from start to finish by presenting its dark story in an unflinching manner and is as merciless as the subject it deals with.

It tells the story of an infamous journalist who teams up with a young, tattooed & wildly eccentric computer…

• Steve Kroodsma

★★★ Watched by Steve Kroodsma 27 Jun, 2014

This movie now has the unenviable status of existing in comparison to Fincher's film, which is way better. Not bad by any stretch, just kind of unremarkable.

• Beto Meza

★★ Rewatched by Beto Meza 07 Jun, 2014

I was eager to watch the 'extended-cut' versions so i rewatched this. There's a few new scenes here and there, still the same average whodunnit thriller movie. Noomi Rapace stands out in the role of her career.

• Jake Ohlde

★★★★ Watched by Jake Ohlde 14 Jun, 2014

Rapace is the better Salander, but Fincher lays claim to the better film.