• jolocus

★★★★★ Rewatched by jolocus 12 Feb, 2016

I watched this around 6 years ago with my dad and it stuck with me. I always had it in my head, always remembered it.
    Then after the Remake came out I really wanted to rewatch this one.
    Finally I did.

And it is still as good as I remembered, if not better. It is shot well, the acting is awesome, and the story is just great. I wasn't this gripped by a movie in a long time, I really…

• Zedsdead

★★★★★ Watched by Zedsdead 04 Feb, 2016

An investigative journalist is hired by a reclusive billionaire to solve the 40 year old murder of his beloved niece. A misanthropic hacker with personal problems aids him.

The most enthralling movie about research that ever has been or will be made. I don't think I'm overstating it by saying that Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander is one of the greatest characters of modern cinema.

• Kennis N

★★★★½ Watched by Kennis N 18 Apr, 2010

I had heard a lot about this film before the showing, so I came in with great expectations - and boy where they met! I would have to say this is my favorite film of the festival so far! The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is one of the most visceral and raw films I have seen. Ever. There were moments in the film that left me with an ache in my gut! This Swedish thriller, based on Stieg Larsson’s…

• Jānis Irmejs

★★ Rewatched by Jānis Irmejs 07 Feb, 2016

Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth.. no no no no

• Faldrian

★★★★★ Watched by Faldrian 23 Jan, 2016

Spannend... gut gemacht... bringt viel landestypisches Feeling rüber, jedenfalls so wie ich das einschätzen kann. ;)
    Der Film ist zwar lang, aber langweilig wurde mir zwischendrin nie - und das heißt schon was mittlerweile.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 06 Sep, 2010

Decent murder mystery, not terribly original. Stark Swedish landscapes.

• Christiane Escobar

★★★★★ Watched by Christiane Escobar 20 Jan, 2016

Noomi Rapace is the coolest most badass woman ever and outshines Rooney Mara's performance of Lisbeth Salander.

• Sydney Yuhas

★★★★ Added by Sydney Yuhas

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is best watched without all of the Hollywood BS. I loved this film and the two that followed it. It's dark, it's gritty, and it's real. I'd watch it again and again.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★½ Watched by Josiah Morgan 08 Jan, 2016 2

After an hour of taut exposition (exposition, all the same) the film begins to soar and show its true effect which is portrayed through the routinely excellent lighting within. The plot is often a little thin even though there are plenty of details to go around but Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander is an unequivocal success and supports any dull moments around her. Yeah, not much to say really, but it's an effective wee piece that builds to one of the most brutally backhanded quadruple-endings I've seen recently.

• gabypreisser

★★★ Watched by gabypreisser 03 Jan, 2016

Es que sí está buena pero no a la vez. Por qué cambiaron la trama tan perfecta del libro?

• ellieck

★★★½ Watched by ellieck 01 Jan, 2016

First film of the year! Keen to see the Fincher version now.

• riley

★★★★ Watched by riley 02 Jan, 2016

i prefer the american version but this one was really good as well.