• ReyAlvarez

★★★ Watched by ReyAlvarez 16 Oct, 2016

The Swedish adaptation -- the "original" with a capital O -- of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is inferior to Fincher's masterpiece by a mile. I was actually enjoying the movie until the ending. What. The. Fuck. Was. That???

For anyone who has read the book, this movie doesn't even attempt to flesh out the ending of the novel! Salander and Blomkvist's relationship is...dropped? Ignored? Both would be the right answer. I was gobsmacked at how it just faded…

• talisencrw (William Wood)

★★★★½ Watched by talisencrw (William Wood) 28 Sep, 2016

Though I love and much prefer classic cinema to its contemporary equivalent, this was the start of one of the finest and classiest cinematic trilogies (so far, LOL) of this millennium. I have never felt this needed remaking, in the English language, as Hollywood and David Fincher did, but if any film deserved the treatment, this certainly was a good script that made for compelling cinema.

• calicaa

★★★★★ Watched by calicaa 08 Oct, 2016

Wow! Truly amazing movie, got absorbed by it from the beginning... Such kind of movies usually aren't my type, but this one was totally!

• serena 🌙

★★★★½ Added by serena 🌙

Great movie. Really faithful to the book and for a sweden lover like me all the scenery was just incredible.

• Elsa

★★★★★ Watched by Elsa 21 Sep, 2016

Πολύ καλύτερη απο την αμερικάνικη παραγωγή...

• Sean Summ

★★★★ Watched by Sean Summ 06 Sep, 2016

With Fincher's version being one of my favourite films, comparisons are something I wouldn't even bother to try and avoid. While this doesn't quite match Fincher's mastery of cinema, it still does an amazing job. You can see points that Fincher cut for a smoother narrative and to focus on style, versus here where some scenes and depth and understanding to the events (and also building the mystery) at the cost of a slightly clunkier narrative. The argument between the…

• Collin

★★★★ Watched by Collin 28 Aug, 2016

Fincher's version has a better screenplay, flows easier, and better cast but this one is still incredibly gripping. Noomi was iconic. The scene between Lisbeth and her Mom was one of my favorite scenes of any movie ever.

• L. Borgia Rossetti

★★★★★ Watched by L. Borgia Rossetti 03 Sep, 2016

The Millenium trilogy is a rare good example of a novel series translated to screen. The USA tried to release the same movie, but they weren't good enough as the first, swedish adaptation.

• Aaron D

★★★★ Watched by Aaron D 30 Aug, 2016

Effortlessly gliding through its narrative, the film sets up its characters in an entertaining rendition of the played-out murder mystery. Well-made and well-acted.

• Aaron Salazar

★★★ Watched by Aaron Salazar 29 Aug, 2016 1

1st film of my "Contemporary World Cinema" class.

Community colleges, man...

• Ricky Lee Everett

Rewatched by Ricky Lee Everett 28 Aug, 2016

Revisit on Blu Ray
    , this time the original full length version. Holds up pretty well on a second viewing, an enthralling thriller with two great lead roles that successfully contains and concludes its core.mystery while ensuring you want to embark on another jounrey with Lisbeth.

• Vinícius Duarte

★★★★½ Watched by Vinícius Duarte 15 Aug, 2016

Pô David Fincher, se fosse para fazer um remake desse filme que fizesse um melhor.

Sim, eu sei que deve ser difícil pakas e que a indústria cinematográfica está rodeada de interesse. A versão americana é boa, melhores em alguns aspectos do que a versão sueca.

Mas OS HOMENS QUE NÃO AMAVAM AS MULHERES sueco é muito melhor.