• Josh Schulze

★★★★ Watched by Josh Schulze 24 Jan, 2015

Finally, I have gotten round to watching these. It has been approximately 8 months since I finished reading Larsson's incredible Millennium trilogy, deliberately putting off watching any of the films. I had my reasons. Usually, I take my pride in my approach to adaptations; I maintain the ability to enjoy each within its respective art form and for judgement to remain positively unclouded. This was a rare exception, a lot of which owes to the depth and complexity of the…

• mlcgs34

★★★★ Rewatched by mlcgs34 14 Jan, 2015

Prefer the Fincher version (saw this one first), but this is still well done.

• Boost

★★★★ Rewatched by Boost 09 Jan, 2015

A gripping thriller, with an amazing performance from Rapace.

"[She] goes out of her way to insure you never forget her Lisbeth Salander, a diminutive gal with a colossal chip on her shoulder."

- Al Alexander, The Patriot Ledger

"A clever story of murder and mystery interspersed with various acts of cyber-crime and corporate intrigue"

- Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk

• Tweet7174

★★★★½ Watched by Tweet7174 01 Jan, 2015

Had to commit to the subtitles, but no regrets! Great movie and it gave me more information that cleared up some questions I had after watching the 2011 movie!

• Edith Nelson

★★★★ Watched by Edith Nelson 01 Jan, 2015

Not That We Really Get a Look at the Tattoo

The one thing I will say about movies going off Netflix is that it actually makes me get around to watching them. Sometimes, that's all that does. I hang my head in shame, but there we are--I see "until [date]," and I think, "Oh, I should watch that now." I'm pretty sure this has been sitting on my queue for years. I was firm on the idea that I should…

• SaltyTheBeast

★★★★½ Watched by SaltyTheBeast 05 Jan, 2015

"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is the first film adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel of the same name, predating David Fincher's English-language remake. I love Fincher's interpretation of the story and I've seen it a number of times in the past, but I finally got around to viewing Niels Arden Oplev's treatment of Larsson's source material. The two films are more or less comparable to one another in terms of overall quality, though each adaptation has a few distinct…

• moonlitfloor

★★★★ Watched by moonlitfloor 30 Dec, 2014

I have yet to read this series and I usually prefer to read the book before seeing the film version but this was on TV so I just went for it. I thought that it was going to be more graphic and violent than it was. I really enjoyed this film (more than I thought I was ever going to) and while I might not read the series I don't think that matters to much. I know that I will probably not watch the US remake.

• TajLV

★★★½ Watched by TajLV 29 Dec, 2014

"He wasn't a victim. He was an evil motherfucker who hated women." ~ Lisbeth

If I had seen this before the 2011 David Fincher remake, I'd probably rate it higher. Noomi Rapace's portrayal of Lisbeth Salandar is a cut above Rooney Mara's. She's darker, crazier, sexier and altogether more the star of this than Mara was in her version. I felt Michael Nyqvist as journalist Mikael Blomkvist was more vulnerable and therefore a bit more believable than Daniel Craig in…

• Sol Fortuny

★★★★ Rewatched by Sol Fortuny 30 Dec, 2014

Not a single need to make an american version. This one rocks!

• Kell

★★★★½ Added by Kell

"What has happened to you? How did you turn out this way? You know everything about me. I don't know shit about you. Not a damn thing."

Loads better than the 2011 film. There's just something about watching a film in the language it was written in. Also, Noomi Rapace is beautiful and wonderful.

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

No he leído el libro, y me he encontrado con una película con un ritmo sorprendente y con miles de matices debajo de una típica historia de misterio. Hay multitud de críticas implícitas en la cinta, y eso es lo que hace que esté por encima de la media. Aparte de todo esto, el misterio engancha.

La pareja protagonista está sencillamente genial, dos personajes atrayentes y con los que empatizas fácilmente.

En su contra, ese epílogo alargado innecesariamente y alguna ora escena que considero gratuita como toda la historia de Lisbeth con su tutor

Para mí una de las sorpresas del año 2009.

Fuente: www.cineol.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=272651&start=45

• russman

★★★★ Watched by russman 20 Dec, 2014

I've never seen someone taking "wash your mouth out with soap" so literal