• Phips

Rewatched by Phips 23 Jul, 2016

Noomi Rapace > Rooney Mara

• Johnathan Detrick

★★★ Rewatched by Johnathan Detrick 23 Jul, 2016

Not a bad film, but I'm curious to see David Fincher's version.

• TheMorningwood1

★★★★ Added by TheMorningwood1

I hesitate to say much about this film as I think it's probably much more enjoyable if you go into it blind as I did, but it's easily the best film I've seen so far this year and it's going to be very difficult to top.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Män som hatar kvinnor) is adapted by director Niels Arden Oplev from Stieg Larsson's novel of the same name. It stars Michael Nyqvist as a disgraced investigative reporter…

• Cokeaholic

★★★★★ Watched by Cokeaholic 21 Jul, 2016

Aunque en el remake hicieron un buen trabajo , la version original es increible!

• Thirdmango

★★★★ Watched by Thirdmango 12 Jul, 2016

I really liked the mystery involved in this. That was a really intriguing bit to the movie. I thought both of the leads were great. The movie is very brutal, which makes sense as to why it got such a big following outside of the US and why Fincher would want to do a remake. The brutality while compelling is a bit over the top and especially in those moments where someone should come forward at any point. Regardless of that though this was a fun watch and I was quite riveted once the mystery got going.

• Steven

★★★★ Rewatched by Steven 11 Jul, 2016

A mystery thriller that directly confronts the mysogyny - so often taken for granted or submerged in the undercurrent in so many of those Hitcockian narratives - through the mysteriously feral Lisbeth Salander, whose powers consist primarily of a stealthy intellect and a photographic memory, as opposed to what market research suggests that men aged 18-35 want to see in a "strong female character" (compare, e.g., Mad Max Fury Road).  And the performance of Noomi Rapace is simply nonpareil.

• Rich

★★★ Watched by Rich 12 Jul, 2016

Not really into this kind of thing. Well made though.

• Andres Herrera

★★★½ Added by Andres Herrera

great value larsson adaption.

• gasparddelanuit

★★★½ Watched by gasparddelanuit 23 Jun, 2016

So...this is essentially a genre piece (detective fiction, I guess), and that's not a knock against it, but I think I just expected this film to be more exciting and interesting (not even profound, just interesting) than it actually was.

Noomi Rapace delivers an electrifying performance, but it's not enough to overcome a plot that just isn't all that captivating with plot mechanisms that also aren't that interesting (if I had to find a way to characterize it, it would be that the movie achieved the bare minimum of suspense and interesting characters to keep my interest. But it doesn't ever really elevate itself above that).

• Kyle Faber

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Faber 11 Jun, 2016

Scavenger Hunt #15
    Film #7
    Task #18: A film featuring a dysfunctional family

"You know everything about me, and I don't know shit about you. Not a damn thing."

I think I preferred this to the David Fincher version. Fincher's has better cinematography, and probably better acting from the more minor characters, but everything else this version either topped or was on par with. And Fincher is my favorite working director, so that's some pretty high praise. As someone who…

• Joshua Drake

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Drake 21 Jun, 2016

This is an excellent adaptation of the first novel in the Millenium trilogy written by late Swedish author Steig Larrsson. Direction is pretty great. The acting is pretty fantastic, especially from the two main leads, Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace as Mikael and Lisbeth. Music is decent. The film is in Swedish language, so, there are subtitles, but there are English language versions of the original Swedish trilogy of films. Script is well-written. Cinematography, production design, costume design is awesome.…

• andreayeah

★★★★ Watched by andreayeah 18 Jun, 2016

Ora capisco perché Fincher l'ha rifatto qualche anno dopo. Perché è essenzialmente un film di Fincher in svedese. E fatto meglio.