• Karlym

★★★★★ Added by Karlym

I prefer original versions.

• Vanessa

I LOVE LISBETH SALANDER
    I LOVE NOOMI RAPACE

• Chris Franklin

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Franklin 14 Aug, 2015

Fantastic mystery thriller. Great story, well acted and directed. Swedish subtitled in English

• Jonathan Sargent

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Sargent 15 Aug, 2015

Extended TV Version

• Sue Perb

½ Watched by Sue Perb 15 Aug, 2015

I remained befuddled throughout is film as the code language they were speaking in clearly wasn't intended for newcomers to the franchise. It really would have been improved if I had seen The Girl with the Dragon Tatone before it.

• Andrew Willis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 22 Jan, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the first film in the millennium trilogy. Tattoo (as I will now be referring to it) is based on a book of the same name. It is the story of an abused orphan who works as a private detective and a publisher that has been convicted of a crime. They end up working together on a missing person case at the estate of a rich excentric family.

The book is an airport book.…

• 13thAngryMan

★★★★ Watched by 13thAngryMan 02 Aug, 2015

Excellent story. Not overly cinematic, which gave it the feel of an extended tv drama but the acting saw it through.
    One of the few films where I think I might seek out the 'remake' (or rather, an adaptation of the same book) as I have seen a lot of positive reviews for this.

• circumaural

★★★★ Watched by circumaural 03 Aug, 2015

I saw Fincher's first, a while ago. I think they are equally good. This version is actually paced better and the story is told more concisely. Noomi Rapace is awesome. Yet there is more style and suspense in the remake, more moody ambiance. Watch them both.

• Sam Whately

★★★★ Added by Sam Whately

The original foreign version. I have yet to see the American one, but I do highly recommend this version.

• ganapathiraman

★★★★ Watched by ganapathiraman 31 Jul, 2015

i feel this one is better than fincher version

• Lagaan

★★★★ Watched by Lagaan 30 Jul, 2015

This film was very well-made with superb cinematography. The actors all portray their respective characters perfectly, although Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, Michael Nyqvist as Michael Blomkvist and Sven-Bertil Taube as Hanrik Vanger deserve a special mentioning. They are all very likable and believable.

The films story is very exciting and puzzling and the pace is steady with some really tense situations. The investigation part of the story is excellent. Although it is 2.5 hours long it is never boring.…

• JP Ocampo

★★★½ Watched by JP Ocampo 21 Jul, 2015

This version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is perhaps less flashy and cinematic than Fincher's but it is equal if not better in its performances and tension. In fact it is pretty noticeable at times that the US version took a cue from this one in its set design and atmosphere. Noomi Rapace is really good and, although the film drags on too much after its climax, it does a good job including details to the larger Milennium world and setting up future films. It manages to be as freaky as its source material demands and still make its characters seem vulnerable and accessible.