• gasparddelanuit

★★★½ Watched by gasparddelanuit 23 Jun, 2016

So...this is essentially a genre piece (detective fiction, I guess), and that's not a knock against it, but I think I just expected this film to be more exciting and interesting (not even profound, just interesting) than it actually was.

Noomi Rapace delivers an electrifying performance, but it's not enough to overcome a plot that just isn't all that captivating with plot mechanisms that also aren't that interesting (if I had to find a way to characterize it, it would be that the movie achieved the bare minimum of suspense and interesting characters to keep my interest. But it doesn't ever really elevate itself above that).

• Kyle Faber

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Faber 11 Jun, 2016

Scavenger Hunt #15
    Film #8
    Task #18: A film featuring a dysfunctional family

"You know everything about me, and I don't know shit about you. Not a damn thing."

I think I preferred this to the David Fincher version. Fincher's has better cinematography, and probably better acting from the more minor characters, but everything else this version either topped or was on par with. And Fincher is my favorite working director, so that's some pretty high praise. As someone who…

• Joshua Drake

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Drake 21 Jun, 2016

This is an excellent adaptation of the first novel in the Millenium trilogy written by late Swedish author Steig Larrsson. Direction is pretty great. The acting is pretty fantastic, especially from the two main leads, Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace as Mikael and Lisbeth. Music is decent. The film is in Swedish language, so, there are subtitles, but there are English language versions of the original Swedish trilogy of films. Script is well-written. Cinematography, production design, costume design is awesome.…

• andreayeah

★★★★ Watched by andreayeah 18 Jun, 2016

Ora capisco perché Fincher l'ha rifatto qualche anno dopo. Perché è essenzialmente un film di Fincher in svedese. E fatto meglio.

• Lilias

★★★½ Watched by Lilias 07 Jun, 2016

Reading this book was pure catharsis for me, and for that reason it took me a long time to watch any of the movies. I started with the American version, and I kind of wish I had not. I really enjoyed that one, and preferred the stylized tone of the movie, with the Trent Reznor soundtrack and overly dark scenes in the snow. I also even preferred the quiet and moody Blomkvist as played by Craig as supposed to the…

• blind_choice

★★★½ Watched by blind_choice 07 Jun, 2016

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 251 of 365 of my year long challenge

Week 36: Breaking News!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo hit screens worldwide, it seemed to have hit a goldmine. People loved it, lapping up everything they could about this film, the sequels that followed and the books the films are based on. David Fincher even tried to remake it for those too lazy to read subtitles. As much as people loved this, though, it seems to have…

• sitron45

★★★★½ Added by sitron45

Excellent, if graphic. I don't know how the newer one could be better, though perhaps a lack of subtitles would allow more focus on the movie.

• Kurt Velghe

★★★★½ Watched by Kurt Velghe 06 Jun, 2016

RAUWE, GOEDGEMAAKTE THRILLER NAAR DE BESTSELLER VAN STIEG LARSSON

Ik las de volledige trilogie en zag de Amerikaanse remake van deze film van David Fincher, één van mijn favoriete Hollywood-regisseurs. Ik vond die remake goed, ondanks het feit dat de film een uur, net als het boek 200 bladzijden, te lang is. Om de één of andere reden stoorde mij dat veel minder bij dit origineel, dat ik om de één of andere reden nog nooit gezien had. De acteurs…

• Katie Gallant

★★★★★ Added by Katie Gallant

She did it!

• maydorog

★★★★½ Added by maydorog

I love Rooney Mara but this movie was better than her version.

• Angela

★★★★½ Watched by Angela 27 May, 2016

One of many other movies that didn't need a Hollywood remake, since they were able to capture plot and characters the best way possible.

• LLFIN

★★★ Watched by LLFIN 25 May, 2009

After having spent my nights reading the books I was disappointed in mainly one thing after the film: Does Sweden not have more attractive men than M. Nyqvist? I could only see him as the farmer in the "guy in the grave next door" and the conductor in the "AS in Heaven". Why, oh why??? Books are still better, more sidelines, as to be expected but well done otherwise, despite the utter violence in some scenes.