• Dach

★★★½ Watched by Dach 01 Mar, 2015

on par with finchers take

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

The original Swedish adaptation of Steig Larrsons book. Naomi Repace is a brilliant Lisabeth and the film itself is great. David Finchers version was, however, for me slightly better

• Amit Ashar

Added by Amit Ashar

2010

• Ian Bradley

★★★★ Watched by Ian Bradley 24 Aug, 2010

Original Title: Man Som Hatar Kvinnor

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

Original Length Mini-Series Version is a 5 out of 5. Theatrical Cut is a 4.5 out of 5.

• Mathias Block

★★★ Watched by Mathias Block 02 Jan, 2015

Liked the Fincher remake better, but still a good movie.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Rewatched by Derek Diercksmeier 27 Jan, 2015

This film is staggeringly great.

Niels Arden Oplev’s adaptation of the first novel in Stieg Larsson’s phenomenal Millennium trilogy is one of my absolute favorite films. Larsson’s story is brilliant and it is told perfectly here. The performances from Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist are extraordinary. The film establishes an atmosphere that immediately plunges me into the lives of these characters. It’s just incredible.

Comparisons are inevitable and I first saw David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo before…

• Josh Schulze

★★★★ Watched by Josh Schulze 24 Jan, 2015

Finally, I have gotten round to watching these. It has been approximately 8 months since I finished reading Larsson's incredible Millennium trilogy, deliberately putting off watching any of the films. I had my reasons. Usually, I take my pride in my approach to adaptations; I maintain the ability to enjoy each within its respective art form and for judgement to remain positively unclouded. This was a rare exception, a lot of which owes to the depth and complexity of the…

• mlcgs34

★★★★ Rewatched by mlcgs34 14 Jan, 2015

Prefer the Fincher version (saw this one first), but this is still well done.

• Boost

★★★★ Rewatched by Boost 09 Jan, 2015

A gripping thriller, with an amazing performance from Rapace.

"[She] goes out of her way to insure you never forget her Lisbeth Salander, a diminutive gal with a colossal chip on her shoulder."

- Al Alexander, The Patriot Ledger

"A clever story of murder and mystery interspersed with various acts of cyber-crime and corporate intrigue"

- Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk

• Tweet7174

★★★★½ Watched by Tweet7174 01 Jan, 2015

Had to commit to the subtitles, but no regrets! Great movie and it gave me more information that cleared up some questions I had after watching the 2011 movie!

• Edith Nelson

★★★★ Watched by Edith Nelson 01 Jan, 2015

Not That We Really Get a Look at the Tattoo

The one thing I will say about movies going off Netflix is that it actually makes me get around to watching them. Sometimes, that's all that does. I hang my head in shame, but there we are--I see "until [date]," and I think, "Oh, I should watch that now." I'm pretty sure this has been sitting on my queue for years. I was firm on the idea that I should…