• M

★★★★ Rewatched by M 01 Jul, 2015

Noomi Rapace slays

• Mootos

★★★★ Added by Mootos

Une bonne intrigue prenante, un film bien réalisé. Et de très bons acteurs : Une vraie performance de Noomi Rapace, et Michael Nyqvist très bon dans l'autre rôle principal.

• Jack

★★★★★ Watched by Jack 20 Jun, 2015

Finally saw it! Can't wait to watch the rest of the trilogy.

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 17 Jun, 2015

I do think David Fincher's film is the superior adaptation of Steig Larsson's novel, not just in storytelling, but also film making. However, this is still a great movie overall and does the book justice. Both films take liberties with the stuff they change, but at the end, they capture the message of it all quite well.

As for the two very different Lisbeths, I still prefer Rooney Mara's interpretation of the character. In my opinion, she does an excellent…

• reilly

★★★½ Watched by reilly 09 Jun, 2015

it took me like a week to finish it but im very glad i finally did!!

• MDS_Chill

★★★★ Watched by MDS_Chill 08 Jun, 2015

A bit long, maybe too neat a resolution, but great work from Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist.

• evlkeith

★★★½ Rewatched by evlkeith 06 Jun, 2015

I saw the original shorter version of this and thought that it was a pretty classy film. Last night, I watched the extended version and while still enjoying it, I was a tad dismayed to see how they had degraded it into a television series. The inclusion of a recap between the two halves cheapens the whole experience and the title sequence is a masterpiece of spoilers.

I know that it was shown on TV in this format, which is…

• yaykisspurr

★★★ Watched by yaykisspurr 17 Dec, 2012

I liked this verison of Mikeal Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) better than Daniel Craig. Rapice did well playing the edgy angst filled Lisbeth.

The magazine especially came off feeling more of how it would have been. Even his affair felt like they had an open relationship rather than merely committed to exclusively cheating on her husband. The leg work felt like he did more than wander around and others came to him with info.

When we see Lisbeth get the money,…

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

Misterious, dark, elegant, very well crafted, with memorable characters (specially Lisbeth), with a very nice tense atmosphere, although a little slower paced than it should, at the end I forgot this movie in favor of the even better Fincher remake.

• mrbalihai

★★★★ Watched by mrbalihai 30 May, 2015 6

I went into this cold while movie surfing on Amazon Prime last night, so cold in fact, that I didn't even recognize Noomi Rapace until I was an hour into it. I'd seen parts of the American remake a couple of years ago, but had almost no recollection of it, which made it much easier for me to let this extended version of the original Swedish adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel stand (or fall) on its own merits.

And stand…

• The GingerPrince

★★★★ Watched by The GingerPrince 20 May, 2015

Like Midsomer Murders but with Nazis, rape and below zero temperatures.

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 11 May, 2011

A fun thriller with maybe a little too much rape, but it never stops moving for it.