• circumaural

★★★★ Watched by circumaural 03 Aug, 2015

I saw Fincher's first, a while ago. I think they are equally good. This version is actually paced better and the story is told more concisely. Noomi Rapace is awesome. Yet there is more style and suspense in the remake, more moody ambiance. Watch them both.

• Sam Whately

★★★★ Added by Sam Whately

The original foreign version. I have yet to see the American one, but I do highly recommend this version.

• ganapathiraman

★★★★ Watched by ganapathiraman 31 Jul, 2015

i feel this one is better than fincher version

• Lagaan

★★★★ Watched by Lagaan 30 Jul, 2015

This film was very well-made with superb cinematography. The actors all portray their respective characters perfectly, although Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, Michael Nyqvist as Michael Blomkvist and Sven-Bertil Taube as Hanrik Vanger deserve a special mentioning. They are all very likable and believable.

The films story is very exciting and puzzling and the pace is steady with some really tense situations. The investigation part of the story is excellent. Although it is 2.5 hours long it is never boring.…

• JP Ocampo

★★★½ Watched by JP Ocampo 21 Jul, 2015

This version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is perhaps less flashy and cinematic than Fincher's but it is equal if not better in its performances and tension. In fact it is pretty noticeable at times that the US version took a cue from this one in its set design and atmosphere. Noomi Rapace is really good and, although the film drags on too much after its climax, it does a good job including details to the larger Milennium world and setting up future films. It manages to be as freaky as its source material demands and still make its characters seem vulnerable and accessible.

• Hana Kraus

★★★½ Watched by Hana Kraus 10 Jul, 2015

They should stick to the book!

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★½ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Emo butt rape

• M

★★★★ Rewatched by M 01 Jul, 2015

Noomi Rapace slays

• Mootos

★★★★ Added by Mootos

Une bonne intrigue prenante, un film bien réalisé. Et de très bons acteurs : Une vraie performance de Noomi Rapace, et Michael Nyqvist très bon dans l'autre rôle principal.

• Jack

★★★★★ Watched by Jack 20 Jun, 2015

Finally saw it! Can't wait to watch the rest of the trilogy.

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 17 Jun, 2015

I do think David Fincher's film is the superior adaptation of Steig Larsson's novel, not just in storytelling, but also film making. However, this is still a great movie overall and does the book justice. Both films take liberties with the stuff they change, but at the end, they capture the message of it all quite well.

As for the two very different Lisbeths, I still prefer Rooney Mara's interpretation of the character. In my opinion, she does an excellent…

• reilly

★★★½ Watched by reilly 09 Jun, 2015

it took me like a week to finish it but im very glad i finally did!!