• Daphne

★★★★ Rewatched by Daphne 05 Aug, 2015

Not gonna pretend, I like the American version better. This is still gr8 tho

• BigAL1982

★★★★½ Watched by BigAL1982 25 Nov, 2015

Gripping murder mystery story with some strange but interesting characters. Really enjoy the story but some hard to watch scenes.

• Brian Welk

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brian Welk 14 Oct, 2015

I've seen this film several times and think it's stronger than the Fincher version. Much of it is actually not groundbreaking in terms of execution, but the film's innovation is in how it makes computers such an essential tool for communicating and staging suspense. Few films before this looked this accurate in depicting an OS on screen, and it's more effective for it.

But for coming out in 2009, the film is ahead of its time in terms of understanding…

• Redwell

★★★★ Watched by Redwell 21 Nov, 2015 2

Rooney Mara owes Noomi Rapace her career.

• Tobi S

★★★★ Added by Tobi S

starker thriller
    packende story
    mag das versucht wird, eine längst vergange szene nachzustellen

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Lewiss

★★★½ Watched by Lewiss 06 Nov, 2015

Having just finished reading the book trilogy, I was finally ready to watch the movies. Even though I read the first book months ago, I held off watching its movie adaptation until I'd finished all the books for two reasons: a) I'm pedantic, and b) I thought this might include the rare case of foreshadowing further installments in the trilogy that I wouldn't have read yet (and I was right).

Watching a book turn into a movie is almost always…

• Brooke Solich

★★★½ Added by Brooke Solich

The Fincher version was better.

• Spencer Serra

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Serra 18 Oct, 2015

Dark, intense, and very very creepy.

After I finish watching the sequels, I'm gonna have to see about picking up the books.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

Might be blasphemy in certain film geek circles but... I kinda liked this a little more than the Fincher one. I think the performances are what I'd go back to; Fincher of course is the Ace director, but I was left cold by Mara and Craig.

• Paul Davey

★★½ Watched by Paul Davey 28 Sep, 2015

Not as good as the American version, nor the book. Occasionally stylish, but too often dreary.

• The Film Fox

★★★★ Watched by The Film Fox 28 Sep, 2015

One of the best revenge scenes in the history of the cinema...