• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 08 Jul, 2010

It's decent, but its reputation is, frankly, baffling. Apart from Rapace's performance, there's really nothing here to distinguish it from the average Hollywood murder mystery. Are the books really that much better?

And the sequel is worse.

• Suzanne Moses

★★★★½ Added by Suzanne Moses

I think these are better than the english-language versions.

• cineedo
  • Arnaldo_Ibarra

★★★★½ Added by Arnaldo_Ibarra 2

Hay que tanto que tengo decir sobre la pelicula en si como en su comparacion con el remake hecho por Fincher.

Ambas peliculas cuentan con una direccion excelente pero en cuanto a la pelicula como tal creo que me quedo con esta antes que el remake de Fincher, ya que el remake dejo de lado muchos aspectos importantes de la historia y esos ultimos 30 minutos del remake me parecieron los de mas baja calidad y en efecto comparada con…

• Luis Valenzuela

★★★½ Added by Luis Valenzuela

Lisbeth Salander is simply unforgettable. Without her this movie its just a generic mystery thriller.

• kylegarvey

½ Added by kylegarvey

A screaming, horrific anti-narrative mess -- at its best, a silly and ridiculous mistake; at its worst, an evil and cackling terror on every aesthetic foundation in the human experience. It collects all the preposterous, overwrought, inelegant information dumps that characterized the "novel," and grafts them in a sick, mutant style onto the ugliest, crudest, most objectively horrible story I've ever seen.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Watched by Naughty 12 Mar, 2014

This review is for the Extended Version from the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy!

An exceptional 40 year old murder mystery that encourages the illusion of being just another cerebral whodunit! Then it pulls the old bait and switch and before you know it you're knee deep in a full blown crime thriller!

A slow burn infused with violent scenes that will hit you like a mack truck, knocking you clear into next week!

• Emma Robinson

★★★★ Added by Emma Robinson

Awesome Swedish crime film with a nice twist. Reaches past the peaceful Swedish landscape into a gritty and dark world filled with Nazi's, rape and computer hacking.

• Matt Wright

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wright 22 Feb, 2014

Definitely a stronger film than the American remake, and also truer to the book, as I am told.

Although the remake may look gorgeous, it misses the grit of this Swedish original. The performances feel so real, with Noomi Rapace proving why she got work in the US, with everyone's favourite Prometheus.

Which I actually liked. Quite a lot.

Anyway.

The film may be long, but it is utterly gripping, and comes off as strangely epic, even though the visual…

• John Money

★★★★ Watched by John Money 19 Feb, 2014

"I've never done this before. Hold still, or it'll get messy."

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 10 Apr, 2010

70/100

• frompage2screen

★★★★ Added by frompage2screen

Not sure if I am in the minority or not, but I prefer the Swedish language version of this film to the David Fincher film (and I am a Fincher fan). I found the film grittier and just better cast the the Hollywood remake. Then again it could be because I saw this one before the Fincher film