• Katherine Cavanagh

★★★★ Watched by Katherine Cavanagh 04 Sep, 2015

I'll admit, crime dramas tend to bore me, but I fell a little bit in love/awe of Lisbeth. I still managed to appreciate the twists and turns despite suspecting a few. So really it was the interactions between Lisbeth and Mikael (and mostly Lisbeth herself) that really sold me here. And it's nice to see a thriller this lengthy that I can actually get through.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

I don't know if I like it better than the American remake, but this is still a fantastic movie and thoroughly enjoyable.

• Schizopolis

★★★★★ Watched by Schizopolis 28 Aug, 2015

There's only one Lisbeth Salander.

• Karlym

★★★★★ Added by Karlym

I prefer original versions.

• Vanessa

I LOVE LISBETH SALANDER
    I LOVE NOOMI RAPACE

• Chris Franklin

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Franklin 14 Aug, 2015

Fantastic mystery thriller. Great story, well acted and directed. Swedish subtitled in English

• Jonathan Sargent

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Sargent 15 Aug, 2015

Extended TV Version

• Sue Perb

½ Watched by Sue Perb 15 Aug, 2015

I remained befuddled throughout is film as the code language they were speaking in clearly wasn't intended for newcomers to the franchise. It really would have been improved if I had seen The Girl with the Dragon Tatone before it.

• Andrew Willis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 22 Jan, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the first film in the millennium trilogy. Tattoo (as I will now be referring to it) is based on a book of the same name. It is the story of an abused orphan who works as a private detective and a publisher that has been convicted of a crime. They end up working together on a missing person case at the estate of a rich excentric family.

The book is an airport book.…

• 13thAngryMan

★★★★ Watched by 13thAngryMan 02 Aug, 2015

Excellent story. Not overly cinematic, which gave it the feel of an extended tv drama but the acting saw it through.
    One of the few films where I think I might seek out the 'remake' (or rather, an adaptation of the same book) as I have seen a lot of positive reviews for this.

• circumaural

★★★★ Watched by circumaural 03 Aug, 2015

I saw Fincher's first, a while ago. I think they are equally good. This version is actually paced better and the story is told more concisely. Noomi Rapace is awesome. Yet there is more style and suspense in the remake, more moody ambiance. Watch them both.

• Sam Whately

★★★★ Added by Sam Whately

The original foreign version. I have yet to see the American one, but I do highly recommend this version.