• Lagaan

★★★★ Watched by Lagaan 30 Jul, 2015

This film was very well-made with superb cinematography. The actors all portray their respective characters perfectly, although Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, Michael Nyqvist as Michael Blomkvist and Sven-Bertil Taube as Hanrik Vanger deserve a special mentioning. They are all very likable and believable.

The films story is very exciting and puzzling and the pace is steady with some really tense situations. The investigation part of the story is excellent. Although it is 2.5 hours long it is never boring.…

• JP Ocampo

★★★½ Watched by JP Ocampo 21 Jul, 2015

This version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is perhaps less flashy and cinematic than Fincher's but it is equal if not better in its performances and tension. In fact it is pretty noticeable at times that the US version took a cue from this one in its set design and atmosphere. Noomi Rapace is really good and, although the film drags on too much after its climax, it does a good job including details to the larger Milennium world and setting up future films. It manages to be as freaky as its source material demands and still make its characters seem vulnerable and accessible.

• Hana Kraus

★★★½ Watched by Hana Kraus 10 Jul, 2015

They should stick to the book!

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★½ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Emo butt rape

• M

★★★★ Rewatched by M 01 Jul, 2015

Noomi Rapace slays

• Mootos

★★★★ Added by Mootos

Une bonne intrigue prenante, un film bien réalisé. Et de très bons acteurs : Une vraie performance de Noomi Rapace, et Michael Nyqvist très bon dans l'autre rôle principal.

• Jack

★★★★★ Watched by Jack 20 Jun, 2015

Finally saw it! Can't wait to watch the rest of the trilogy.

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 17 Jun, 2015

I do think David Fincher's film is the superior adaptation of Steig Larsson's novel, not just in storytelling, but also film making. However, this is still a great movie overall and does the book justice. Both films take liberties with the stuff they change, but at the end, they capture the message of it all quite well.

As for the two very different Lisbeths, I still prefer Rooney Mara's interpretation of the character. In my opinion, she does an excellent…

• reilly

★★★½ Watched by reilly 09 Jun, 2015

it took me like a week to finish it but im very glad i finally did!!

• MDS_Chill

★★★★ Watched by MDS_Chill 08 Jun, 2015

A bit long, maybe too neat a resolution, but great work from Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist.

• evlkeith

★★★½ Rewatched by evlkeith 06 Jun, 2015

I saw the original shorter version of this and thought that it was a pretty classy film. Last night, I watched the extended version and while still enjoying it, I was a tad dismayed to see how they had degraded it into a television series. The inclusion of a recap between the two halves cheapens the whole experience and the title sequence is a masterpiece of spoilers.

I know that it was shown on TV in this format, which is…

• yaykisspurr

★★★ Watched by yaykisspurr 17 Dec, 2012

I liked this verison of Mikeal Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) better than Daniel Craig. Rapice did well playing the edgy angst filled Lisbeth.

The magazine especially came off feeling more of how it would have been. Even his affair felt like they had an open relationship rather than merely committed to exclusively cheating on her husband. The leg work felt like he did more than wander around and others came to him with info.

When we see Lisbeth get the money,…