• Peter Pibson

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Pibson 16 Aug, 2014

Is knowledge a good thing? If the knowledge that is gained is obtained in an immoral manner, but provides a positive purpose, is it overall something moral? I don't know. People often mimic the phrase "knowledge is power!" as something lame and you'll be familiar with the trope of a character, often the villain, feeling cheated finding knowledge as their reward, as opposed to money, or treasures.

I'm just gonna leave this on relevant a Neil deGrasse Tyson quote...

"I…

• Retu

★★★½ Watched by Retu 21 Aug, 2014

Un thriller entretenido en el que las dos horas y media de metraje no se te hacen pesadas, con una actuación cojonuda por parte de la protagonista y una trama interesante.
    Posee algunas escenas que pueden ser bastante durillas de ver, pero que son imprescindibles por su aportación al desarrollo de la trama y a la comprensión de la personalidad de la protagonista.

Intriga, nazis, piercings, extensiones, tatoos, paisajes y crimen harán la delicia de los más ultas (ultrahipsters, ultrasur, ultrafans del libro...)

• Grant Fitzgerald

★★★½ Watched by Grant Fitzgerald 19 Aug, 2014

Somehow didn't seem as intense as the Fincher version. It looks like I prefer the US release.

• James Haves

★★★★½ Watched by James Haves 16 Aug, 2014

Well this is possibly one of the most gripping films I've ever seen!

I never wanted to take my eyes off of this film I was so into it. The characters were interesting, the plot is supremely well-written, and the atmosphere has this lovely fucked-upness to it.

I still think I period of time at the beginning where we introduce the characters would be good, not long, just a scene or two with them being them, rather than the credits…

• JuanCostrada

★★★★ Watched by JuanCostrada 27 Jul, 2014

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo features

After watching the Fincher version, this can only be viewed in comparative terms since they are so similar. It links Lisbeth with Mikael is a superior manner and doesn’t eroticise the sexual abuse. It also lays on the irony over the how the intent of sending the pressed flowers was misinterpreted.

The production values are much lower than the Fincher version and the atmosphere suffers. The plot changes in his version also streamline events for the most part. Though it still remains hard to understand the trap that was being set up by the millionaire.

The Costrada: Australia.

• maya-noëlle

★★★ Rewatched by maya-noëlle 10 Aug, 2014

decent adaptation of the novel, although it does tend to get a bit dry in the middle. people who have not read the books tell me that it's almost impossible to understand and not very easy to stick with as a result. it gets better with the next two films... but even the american remake of this film is easier to follow.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

Mikael Blomkvist, a disgraced financial journalist is hired by an aging head of a once-powerful Swedish industrial firm to solve the 40-year-old mystery of his missing niece. Meanwhile, anti-social hacker Lisbeth Salander finds herself having to deal with a new caretaker while secretly aiding Blomkvist, until their paths finally cross. This movie is dark and dirty inside but it works for the drama in the movie.

• Brent Paton

★★★★ Added by Brent Paton

I saw this in the theater. Great story and film. While I cannot find fault with Fincher's remake, I prefer this version, partly because it feels more realistic with unfamiliar (to me) Swedish cast.

• AngryAssSloth

★★★★½ Watched by AngryAssSloth 03 Aug, 2014

I actually saw the 2011 version directed by David Fincher before I saw this one. I never really looked into how the remake was made. I wasn't aware that they were so similar. A lot of the same scenes just played out a little differently with the feel that you find in a lot of David Fincher movies. I really liked the remake and I also enjoyed this movie. I think I liked the the remake a little bit more then this one though but just slight things that allowed me to make up my mind.

• Luke

★★★½ Watched by Luke 16 Apr, 2014

I saw the English version of this film when it came out in 2011 and was amazed at it. I loved the characters, the story, the plot twists, the mystery and the shocking scenes that occurred within. I was praying that they'd remake the two sequels to the series as well, but that did not happen. So finally I decided that I would watch the original Swedish trilogy.

I don't have much to say about the first entry as it…

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7,5/10

• thonika

Added by thonika

great book. horrible swedish version. avoid at all costs