• fdash

★★★½ Added by fdash

The swedish original with that amazing lead performance. Yeah. Last half hour is kinda pointless though.

• phreak2day

★★★★½ Watched by phreak2day 17 Mar, 2015

I've been longing for a good film that can drag me into it's world. You know, the type of film where you don't think about the fact that you're watching a film. You just do and think about it afterwards. Being that the offers from Hollywood have been offering less and less of those kinds of quality films I came across this one.

Although the depicted events are very raw, and certainly not for the faint of heart, it can't…

• Pandamonium

★★★½ Added by Pandamonium

Good Norwegian mystery film based on the popular novel. Noomi Rapace steals the show as the girl with the titular tattoo, she nails the right balance between eccentric and multi-dimensional. The film has problems coming loose from its literary roots, moving from one plotpoint to the next without too much regard for style or cinematic expression. That said, the mystery did engage me and I enjoyed the unlikely bond between the two leads.

• Jude Seymour

★★★½ Watched by Jude Seymour 11 Mar, 2015

It reminded me at times of "True Detective," which is high praise in my book.

The central who-dun-it is the most compelling. The subplots involving the estranged daughter and the corporate fraud were built up tremendously, but then pretty quickly extinguished after the who-dun-it concluded.

• Marcio Melo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcio Melo 09 Mar, 2015 2

A Garota com a Tatuagem de Dragão é o primeiro filme sueco da série literária 'Millenium' e serviu como base para o filme de 2011 de David Fincher.

Enquanto Fincher soube construir muito bem o clima de suspense e fez, sim, um ótimo filme que gostei bastante, a versão original sueca é mais feliz com a história e com o desenvolvimento dos personagens.

Lisbeth é muito mais durona, resolvida e sabe muito bem o que quer, ao contrário do final…

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Perhaps the most exciting movie ever made about searching Google. The film relies too much on crime investigation when it really needs to explore the two main characters, esp. the girl. It's slick, smart, surprisingly Hollywood, but edgy and foreign enough to be embraced by the arthouse. I honestly kept forgetting it was a Swedish film.

• Juliana

★★★ Watched by Juliana 08 Mar, 2015

Intriguing and well-acted but I still prefer Fincher's version... he really nailed the right atmosphere and made a truly remarkable murder mystery. If I hadn't seen the American remake already I would've been completely lost during this version; it rushes through crucial explanations and some characters/relationships were underdeveloped. Not a bad film at all but Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth is the only thing that stood out from this version for me.

• Dach

★★★½ Watched by Dach 01 Mar, 2015

on par with finchers take

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

The original Swedish adaptation of Steig Larrsons book. Naomi Repace is a brilliant Lisabeth and the film itself is great. David Finchers version was, however, for me slightly better

• Amit Ashar

Added by Amit Ashar

2010

• Ian Bradley

★★★★ Watched by Ian Bradley 24 Aug, 2010

Original Title: Man Som Hatar Kvinnor

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

Original Length Mini-Series Version is a 5 out of 5. Theatrical Cut is a 4.5 out of 5.