• thonika

Added by thonika

horrible. the first 3 pages of the book are better than this entire film with its made for tv movie feel

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• jack_nance

★★★★ Watched by jack_nance 25 Sep, 2014

A "Library Look" selection. Being somewhat allergic to boffo box office blockbusters (especially trilogies, especially adapted from best sellers I've not read), I put these off for some time... but thought I'd give the original Swedish films some time.

On the plus side this is a mystery/thriller that concentrates on character and intelligence over kung fu and car chases. It also takes the genre of uneasy procedural partnerships and disassembles all the expectations.

An embattled veteran journalist is hired by…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 29 Sep, 2014 2

Wow.

This film is fucking phenomenal.

As much as I love David Fincher, I must say this version is vastly superior to his adaptation.

Noomi Rapace is absolutely iconic as Lisbeth Salander. She owns this role.

This story is richly detailed and ferociously compelling, with each scene more riveting than the last.

It's also a heartbreaking film. I was much more emotionally engaged than I could have expected.

This is deeply powerful storytelling.

It creates an extraordinary amount of tension…

• vinni2002

★★★★ Added by vinni2002

blu-ray
    extended version

• Luis Botelho

★★★ Watched by Luis Botelho 24 Sep, 2014

Eu gosto de pensar que a versão sueca tem um sério problema: não foi dirigida pelo Fincher.

• 24thhero

★★★★½ Added by 24thhero

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is one of the best mystery films that have been produced since Se7en, and that is saying a lot. Noomi Rapace is amazing and the film leaves you craving for a worthy sequel. Atmospheric and dark the film is an artistic suggestion.

• dasabsurde

★★★ Watched by dasabsurde 05 Sep, 2014

Vermeidet es, nur spannend sein zu wollen, bedient aber auch Klischees.

• Peter Pibson

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Pibson 16 Aug, 2014

Is knowledge a good thing? If the knowledge that is gained is obtained in an immoral manner, but provides a positive purpose, is it overall something moral? I don't know. People often mimic the phrase "knowledge is power!" as something lame and you'll be familiar with the trope of a character, often the villain, feeling cheated finding knowledge as their reward, as opposed to money, or treasures.

I'm just gonna leave this on relevant a Neil deGrasse Tyson quote...

"I…

• Retu

★★★½ Watched by Retu 21 Aug, 2014

Un thriller entretenido en el que las dos horas y media de metraje no se te hacen pesadas, con una actuación cojonuda por parte de la protagonista y una trama interesante.
    Posee algunas escenas que pueden ser bastante durillas de ver, pero que son imprescindibles por su aportación al desarrollo de la trama y a la comprensión de la personalidad de la protagonista.

Intriga, nazis, piercings, extensiones, tatoos, paisajes y crimen harán la delicia de los más ultas (ultrahipsters, ultrasur, ultrafans del libro...)

• Grant Fitzgerald

★★★½ Watched by Grant Fitzgerald 19 Aug, 2014

Somehow didn't seem as intense as the Fincher version. It looks like I prefer the US release.

• James Haves

★★★★½ Watched by James Haves 16 Aug, 2014

Well this is possibly one of the most gripping films I've ever seen!

I never wanted to take my eyes off of this film I was so into it. The characters were interesting, the plot is supremely well-written, and the atmosphere has this lovely fucked-upness to it.

I still think I period of time at the beginning where we introduce the characters would be good, not long, just a scene or two with them being them, rather than the credits…