• The GingerPrince

★★★★ Watched by The GingerPrince 20 May, 2015

Like Midsomer Murders but with Nazis, rape and below zero temperatures.

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 11 May, 2011

A fun thriller with maybe a little too much rape, but it never stops moving for it.

• NorthbyNorthE

★★★★½ Rewatched by NorthbyNorthE 19 May, 2015

Even better on seeing it again.

• moviemanwill

★★★½ Added by moviemanwill

Starring Noomi Rapace aka the only real Lisbeth Salander.

• Warren

★★★★½ Watched by Warren 11 May, 2015

"His father trained him to murder at age sixteen. Anyone would be sick in the head with that kind of upbringing.."

one of the best "not feel good" films I've seen with just over 2.5 hours of pure brilliance. it's tense, it's [extremely] violent, and it's puzzling story is not a bad thing. This film was very well-made with fan-fucking-tastic cinematography. Many of the actors all play their respective characters perfectly, although Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander [all while looking…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

A marvelous film, I have always been great fan of mystery films, which involves tough investigation and digging up evidences which prove or seem to be of no help at all and almost makes one feel dizzy such as digging out a mountain out of a photo taken on Children Parade Day. It is one great thriller films from Sweden most recently. Neils Arden Oplev provides unique direction.

Noomi Rapace has proved her promising performance in the film, her presence…

• Alex Kozak

★★★★½ Added by Alex Kozak

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This is something I have always wanted to try and hopefully will be a recurring thing for me in the future. This will be the first in a series of reviews comparing a foreign movie to its American remake. Today we will be comparing the Swedish and American adaptations of heart pounding novel by Stieg Larsson, “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”

Before we begin, I would just like to state that for once, I actually read the freaking book…

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★½ Watched by Varghese Eapen 29 Apr, 2015

> Noomi Rapace kicks ass!!! the best female action hero,right up there with Bonnie,The Bride and Ellen Ripley! this girl is one gothic punk babe!

>This original version combines a whodunit and how violence changes ones personality brilliantly.

> Kudos to the director for shooting those S & M sequences! that takes guts!

> The spontaneous sequence involving the leads was my fav hehe

> There are nods to Se7en and a modern day tribute to Blow up

> Every sex offender including politicians should be treated in this manner!

> Seriously, i could not find one fault, will check out the Fincher version and see if it measures up.

• Lena

Watched by Lena 28 Mar, 2015

Finchers Version habe ich seit Kinostart nicht mehr gesehen, aus der Erinnerung würde ich aber sagen, dass seine Atmosphäre geschlossener und misanthropischer war, Oplev machte mir allerdings die Figuren transparenter. Ah, Lisbeth ist eine Rachegöttin. Das bügelt Ungereimtheiten, Sprünge und den generellen Sensationalismus der Geschichte aber immer noch nicht aus.

• veronica

★★★★ Watched by veronica 21 Apr, 2015

i actually thought that there was only one version to this film ( 2011; David Fincher ) but when i started this one on Netflix, i found out there are actually two. i was gonna wait and just watch the other version first ( because while every foreign film i've ever seen is amazing, i usually just don't have the patience for them ) but while i'm glad i watched this one instead / first, i'm also probably gonna watch…

• mette

★★★★½ Added by mette

Good trilogy, even though I recommend to read the books.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

The more complete adaptation, I'd be far more likely to return to these than to Fincher's version.