• Fernando Machado

★★★★★ Watched by Fernando Machado 21 Nov, 2014

Lisbeth Salander, sem dúvidas é pra mim a melhor personagem feminina do cinema!
    Baseado na trilogia de livros chamada Millenium, o filme conta a história de Lisbeth, uma jovem hacker cheia de problemas emocionais que se envolve na investigação de um crime.
    Existem duas versões cinematográficas dessa obra. A outra sendo dirigida por David Fincher.
    Todos sabemos da qualidade do Fincher, mas não devemos menosprezar essa obra prima.
    Uma história tensa num ritmo que te prende do inico ao fim.
    Sem duvidas é grande filme, que infelizmente demorei pra conhecer.

• Richard Trondsen

★★★★★ Watched by Richard Trondsen 21 Nov, 2014 2

(180-minute extended/TV version)

I can't decide if I prefer this one or Fincher's remake/adaptation, which I (unfortunately(?)) saw first. They're both amazing films. Noomi Rapace is awesome!

• Mark Atkins

★★★★ Watched by Mark Atkins 15 Nov, 2014

Quite impossible for me not to compare this to Fincher's, since I saw that one first. I watched the three hour extended version of this, which I assume is a closer adaptation of the book, as the Fincher version leaves out a few subplots.

Even though I found Fincher's version (unsurprisingly) visually superior, I was shocked at how close the two are. Fincher appeared to be inspired (borrowed) from this one. The acting is quite good, the pacing a bit…

• Jordn Bastian

★★★★ Watched by Jordn Bastian 03 Nov, 2014

Hacking in films always makes me laugh...

• escott

★★★ Added by escott

Good show. engaging. entertaining.

until that one scene

I want to un-see.
    would be a 4 star.

• waiteseth

★★★★½ Added by waiteseth

I am writing my final paper on this and the American version so I will fill this in more later.

• coleinhuk

★★★½ Added by coleinhuk

I liked the Hollywood version better but I am not blind to the beauty of the Swedish version. Both versions were presented im different styles and their storylines were a bit different from each other. Nevertheless, I am still giving this my thumbs up!

• Chris Gelderd

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Gelderd 30 Oct, 2014 2

This 2009 Swedish thriller, directed by Niels Arden Oplev, is based on the novel of the same name by Swedish author Stieg Larsson and the first in the trilogy known as the ‘Millennium’ series, published in 2005. The film stars Michael Nyqvist, Noomi Rapace, Sven-Bertil Taube, Peter Andersson, Lena Edfre and Peter Haber.

Disgraced journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Nyqvist), publisher of ‘Millennium’ magazine, losel a libel case against billionaire financier Hans-Erik Wennerstrom (Stefan Sauk) and faces 3 months in prison. However,…

• Kaisergustaf

★★★★ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 27 Oct, 2014

Such a great role for a young actress, we cheer her on in her fight against corrupted pigs and then the plot moves to the drama of the dissapeared girl. This original Swedish in much longer than the American remake, the photography is also warmer, softer. Two different ways to tell the story.

• Stu Kirwan

★★★★½ Watched by Stu Kirwan 19 Oct, 2014

Since we are unfortunately seemingly never going to get to see this trilogy completed at the hands of David Fincher, I figured it was high time I got round to the acclaimed Swedish versions.

I can see why people who see a movie based on a book that they have already read are often disappointed; knowing the story in advance taints your vision dramatically.

This was probably never going to match up to the Fincher version in my eyes (unashamedly biased) but it is still well-executed and in parts, even darker than it's English counterpart.

• thonika

Added by thonika

horrible. the first 3 pages of the book are better than this entire film with its made for tv movie feel

• Carlos