• Eric Robert Wilkinson

Watched by Eric Robert Wilkinson 17 Mar, 2010

Was there anyone who didn’t bother to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Directed by Niels Arden Oplev, the adaptation of the first book in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium (subsequently referred to as simply Dragon Tattoo) trilogy is a wicked cool Swedish import (the American remake is already being filmed by David Fincher). Noomi Rapace makes a stunning debut as iconic Lisbeth Salander, a Goth, bi-sexual computer hacker with the past of a deeply troubled teen. When journalist Mikel Blomkvist…

• Jason Bally

★★★★½ Added by Jason Bally

These movies aren't going to be the easiest movies for a lot of people to watch: it's a foreign language film, it's a film dealing realistically with violence against women, and it's not exactly full of laughs. But boy these are well made and Noomi Rapace is a revelation.

• Ben Elder

★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Elder 16 Oct, 2015

so so so good.

• Daphne

★★★★ Rewatched by Daphne 05 Aug, 2015

Not gonna pretend, I like the American version better. This is still gr8 tho

• BigAL1982

★★★★½ Watched by BigAL1982 25 Nov, 2015

Gripping murder mystery story with some strange but interesting characters. Really enjoy the story but some hard to watch scenes.

• Brian Welk

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brian Welk 14 Oct, 2015

I've seen this film several times and think it's stronger than the Fincher version. Much of it is actually not groundbreaking in terms of execution, but the film's innovation is in how it makes computers such an essential tool for communicating and staging suspense. Few films before this looked this accurate in depicting an OS on screen, and it's more effective for it.

But for coming out in 2009, the film is ahead of its time in terms of understanding…

• Redwell

★★★★ Watched by Redwell 21 Nov, 2015 2

Rooney Mara owes Noomi Rapace her career.

• Tobi S

★★★★ Added by Tobi S

starker thriller
    packende story
    mag das versucht wird, eine längst vergange szene nachzustellen

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Lewiss

★★★½ Watched by Lewiss 06 Nov, 2015

Having just finished reading the book trilogy, I was finally ready to watch the movies. Even though I read the first book months ago, I held off watching its movie adaptation until I'd finished all the books for two reasons: a) I'm pedantic, and b) I thought this might include the rare case of foreshadowing further installments in the trilogy that I wouldn't have read yet (and I was right).

Watching a book turn into a movie is almost always…

• Brooke Solich

★★★½ Added by Brooke Solich

The Fincher version was better.

• Spencer Serra

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Serra 18 Oct, 2015

Dark, intense, and very very creepy.

After I finish watching the sequels, I'm gonna have to see about picking up the books.