• Ryster

★★★★½ Watched by Ryster 19 Dec, 2014

Here's the thing with The Girl with the Dragon (2009), it's a very disturbing and shocking thriller but I was intrigued the whole way through. I like crime movies and the investigations are the best part, they are exciting and enjoyable to me because I like to try and piece together the puzzle and try to accuse the person that I think did the crime. Well this one was a great crime thriller, in some movies I can guess the…

• Phil Sternwise

★★★★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

I didn't think I'd like this movie when I saw it, but it turned out to be one of my favorite watches of all time (All three films in this series are absolutely great) and 100 times better than Fincher's vomit.

• Aaron White

★★★½ Watched by Aaron White 18 Jan, 2011

“They sure don’t make ‘em like this in Hollywood.” That was my thought after I had calmly settled into the film, only to be jolted awake at the sight of what could be the most graphic rape/sexual violence scene I’ve witnessed in major cinema. It wasn’t enough to make my stomach turn, but my female companion certainly wasn’t too comfortable with what was going on. Later in the film, I got my own taste of that feeling. Because if The…

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 17 Sep, 2010

8/10: Based on Swedish Stig Larsson's Milennium trilogy, this first of the 3 is about a murder mystery in a who-dun-it style. It did not disappoint me despite all the hype. Can't wait to watch the remaining two installments. As usual, like any other good foreign movies, Hollywood will do a remake soon.

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★ Rewatched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 01 Dec, 2014

Now that I have read the books I understand the story a bit more but I still think that the American version is the superior version, Also I think that Noomi Rapace may be top attractive for the role of Lisbeth Salander and that Rooney Mara is far more suited for the part (This is my own option so please don't judge me to harshly on this) I say this because of the way Lisbeth is describe in the book…

• Fernando Machado

★★★★★ Watched by Fernando Machado 21 Nov, 2014

Lisbeth Salander, sem dúvidas é pra mim a melhor personagem feminina do cinema!
    Baseado na trilogia de livros chamada Millenium, o filme conta a história de Lisbeth, uma jovem hacker cheia de problemas emocionais que se envolve na investigação de um crime.
    Existem duas versões cinematográficas dessa obra. A outra sendo dirigida por David Fincher.
    Todos sabemos da qualidade do Fincher, mas não devemos menosprezar essa obra prima.
    Uma história tensa num ritmo que te prende do inico ao fim.
    Sem duvidas é grande filme, que infelizmente demorei pra conhecer.

• Richard Trondsen

★★★★★ Watched by Richard Trondsen 21 Nov, 2014 2

(180-minute extended/TV version)

I can't decide if I prefer this one or Fincher's remake/adaptation, which I (unfortunately(?)) saw first. They're both amazing films. Noomi Rapace is awesome!

• Mark Atkins

★★★★ Watched by Mark Atkins 15 Nov, 2014

Quite impossible for me not to compare this to Fincher's, since I saw that one first. I watched the three hour extended version of this, which I assume is a closer adaptation of the book, as the Fincher version leaves out a few subplots.

Even though I found Fincher's version (unsurprisingly) visually superior, I was shocked at how close the two are. Fincher appeared to be inspired (borrowed) from this one. The acting is quite good, the pacing a bit…

• Jordn Bastian

★★★★ Watched by Jordn Bastian 03 Nov, 2014

Hacking in films always makes me laugh...

• escott

★★★ Added by escott

Good show. engaging. entertaining.

until that one scene

I want to un-see.
    would be a 4 star.

• waiteseth

★★★★½ Added by waiteseth

I am writing my final paper on this and the American version so I will fill this in more later.

• coleinhuk

★★★½ Added by coleinhuk

I liked the Hollywood version better but I am not blind to the beauty of the Swedish version. Both versions were presented im different styles and their storylines were a bit different from each other. Nevertheless, I am still giving this my thumbs up!