• Eren Suzer

★★★ Watched by Eren Suzer 06 Apr, 2016

Pretty funny documetary about how to find money to make your movie.

• trostlerp

★★½ Rewatched by trostlerp 02 May, 2016

There may be a fascinating documentary to be made about product placement and the intrusion of advertising into the modern world, but this isn't really it.

For what it's trying to do meta-wise, it does well. It's just that the concept of a documentary about selling placement for itself is an empty one. I can't even think of a better way to do what Spurlock set out to do with this. Just not very exciting nor enlightening.

• Matt

★★★ Watched by Matt 30 Apr, 2016

I think I learned something.

• Brad Hanford

★★ Watched by Brad Hanford 18 Apr, 2016

Someday I hope someone loves me half as much as Morgan Spurlock loves himself

• Michael

★★★★ Watched by Michael 21 Apr, 2013

Mit „The greatest movie ever sold“ liefert Morgan Spurlock eine interessante und unterhaltsame Dokumentation ab. Das Thema Product Placement ist im täglichen Medienkonsum immer aktuell, sei es nun bei einfachen Dingen wie dem von einer großen Biermarke präsentierten Fußballspiel oder wenn der Held im Actionfilm erkennbar zu einem Erfrischungsgetränk eines großen amerikanischen Unternehmens greift. Wo im zweiten Fall bei deutschen Produktionen beim Thema Product Placement mittlerweile strenge Regeln gelten, was dazu führt, dass penibel darauf geachtet wird, dass man auch…

• Josiah Morgan

½ Watched by Josiah Morgan 03 Apr, 2016 5

im ready to fucking die

• Aaron

★★★★ Watched by Aaron 16 Mar, 2016

As usual, Morgan is thought provoking and funny.

• Alexander Båtsvik

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alexander Båtsvik 04 Mar, 2016

Third time viewing. This time at the University, I am now older, but this movie is just as good as ever. And I am fucking craving POM wonderfull right about now. Jesus Christ, this movie makes me want POM so bad, and nothing can substitute my thirst for it. It sucks cince I live in Norway and can't buy it here. Tastene it once while in England, and I think that was a mistanke since I want that shit so bad every day. Well I guess it just shows the power of product placement :3

• Sigfred Storstrand

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sigfred Storstrand 04 Mar, 2016

This movie initially made me buy POM 100% Pomegranate Juice™ when i visited England a couple of years back. Since that day i have yearned for more POM™, and everytime i rewatch this, the yearning turns into craving.

I would KILL, for a bottle of POM™ right now. Thank you and fuck you Morgan Spurlock.

• CartoonSA

★★ Watched by CartoonSA 08 Dec, 2015

I should have loved this but I didn't. About 5% of it is amazing.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★½ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 07 Jul, 2011

A documentary about product placement funded entirely by the proceeds from product placement. That’s the conceit behind Pom Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, dreamed up by Super-Size Me director Morgan Spurlock.

Now Spurlock is a fool hardy filmmaker – wearing hillbilly facial hair in New York City takes guts. However, ever since he went looking for Osama Bin Laden in his last suck-u-mentary, he has lost his way creatively. (He didn’t find him – but did he have…

• Noah Wilson

★★★½ Watched by Noah Wilson 17 Sep, 2015

Definitely better than super size me. not super important, but funny and well made.