• PhilParma

★★½ Added by PhilParma

"You have a couple choices. One choice is to allow yourself to be co-opted a little bit. You dip your toe in the water. Pretty soon you're putting your foot in the water. Pretty soon you're swimming. And you don't think you're changing. You just say 'okay I'll do a little more'...you end up swimming. That's what they're anticipating. The other option is to resist. And maybe end up in Montana, you know, growing your own food."

- Noam Chomsky

• turkie

½ Added by turkie

the wrong kind of meta movie.

• Judy

★★ Watched by Judy 23 Apr, 2015

It is interesting, but this is what I already know about Product Placements (I actually had a study about it). The approach was funny and satirical, but it is not so much of the Greatest Documentary to Ever tell me about my profession.

• Agnis

★★½ Watched by Agnis 18 Mar, 2015

Insight into the world of advertising with a somewhat novel approach.

• Nate Peterson

★★★ Watched by Nate Peterson 31 Jan, 2015

Kinda interesting, but like most Spurlock docs, doesn't really tell you anything you didn't already know.

• DanielRoss

★★★★★ Added by DanielRoss

Everything a documentary should be.

• Julian Towers

Added by Julian Towers

I learned more about product placement in one scene of Gone Girl than I did this in this whole non-movie.

• aldy

Added by aldy

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold had an intriguing premise that ended up being more interesting than the movie itself. For those who don't know what it's about, it's a "documentary about branding, advertising and product placement that is financed and made possible by brands, advertising and product placement." Unfortunately, it's not particularly informative and I didn't feel like I learnt anything from watching it. The camera work was all over the place and constantly moving too which was really distracting.

• Matthew Hodgkin

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Hodgkin 16 Oct, 2014

A damning review of what is a horrid industry aspect. A real exposure to what lengths people would go to get there name on anything. Really funny. Quite formulaic in its approach, doesn't have the hit home had message of Supersize me, but a more personally interesting topic.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 16 Aug, 2011

Rating: B+

• joelymalereview

★★ Watched by joelymalereview 17 Sep, 2014

I feel the same way about Super Size Me as I do about this movie; the idea is great but its execution is lackluster, the scenes without Spurlock in them are great but there few and far between and the scenes with Spurlock start strong but end up just dragging the film down. TGMES has some cool scenes and a neat idea but we are given the message within the film in the first ten minutes which makes the next…

• Matthew Murray

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Murray 07 Sep, 2014

Another awesome doco from Morgan Spurlock. I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on this one; I thought it was delightfully clever and very funny.

Much like Super Size Me, this fairly simple concept becomes that more interesting as you explore Spurlock's personal journey deciding where he stands on the film's subject matter. It's really entertaining to watch Spurlock battle to maintain his artistic integrity as more and more sponsors come on board to muddy the waters.…