• Nathan Peterson

★★★ Watched by Nathan Peterson 31 Jan, 2015

Kinda interesting, but like most Spurlock docs, doesn't really tell you anything you didn't already know.

• DanielRoss

★★★★★ Added by DanielRoss

Everything a documentary should be.

• Julian Towers

Added by Julian Towers

I learned more about product placement in one scene of Gone Girl than I did this in this whole non-movie.

• aldy

Added by aldy

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold had an intriguing premise that ended up being more interesting than the movie itself. For those who don't know what it's about, it's a "documentary about branding, advertising and product placement that is financed and made possible by brands, advertising and product placement." Unfortunately, it's not particularly informative and I didn't feel like I learnt anything from watching it. The camera work was all over the place and constantly moving too which was really distracting.

• Matthew Hodgkin

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Hodgkin 16 Oct, 2014

A damning review of what is a horrid industry aspect. A real exposure to what lengths people would go to get there name on anything. Really funny. Quite formulaic in its approach, doesn't have the hit home had message of Supersize me, but a more personally interesting topic.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 16 Aug, 2011

Rating: B+

• joelymalereview

★★ Watched by joelymalereview 17 Sep, 2014

I feel the same way about Super Size Me as I do about this movie; the idea is great but its execution is lackluster, the scenes without Spurlock in them are great but there few and far between and the scenes with Spurlock start strong but end up just dragging the film down. TGMES has some cool scenes and a neat idea but we are given the message within the film in the first ten minutes which makes the next…

• Matthew Murray

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Murray 07 Sep, 2014

Another awesome doco from Morgan Spurlock. I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on this one; I thought it was delightfully clever and very funny.

Much like Super Size Me, this fairly simple concept becomes that more interesting as you explore Spurlock's personal journey deciding where he stands on the film's subject matter. It's really entertaining to watch Spurlock battle to maintain his artistic integrity as more and more sponsors come on board to muddy the waters.…

• Josh

★★★ Watched by Josh 21 Aug, 2014

Not an amazing documentary, but I can't say it wasn't entertaining or effective. Gosh I just really feel like some POM right now

• Jon Baum

★★★★★ Added by Jon Baum

The Greatest Documentary! Spurlock creates a film about film as he steps into the world of product placement. Exploring a market many believe to be evil, but is essential to our traditional way of life; Spurlock takes a non-baised and mature approach to explaining the positives of product placement, the influence it actually has over a creative piece and the rigorous challenge it is to find appropriate products for a very particular movie.

• Bob Hovey

★½ Watched by Bob Hovey 15 Jul, 2014

Interesting concept... make a documentary about product placement in the film industry by selling product placement in the documentary itself and documenting the process. I have to say that most of this potential interest remains unrealized here. There are quite a few problems with the film, but let me just hit the three most significant aspects: First, repeatedly bouncing back and forth between hard information and satire might sound interesting and clever but the way it's done here it is…

• Ian Buckwalter