• Matthew Hodgkin

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Hodgkin 16 Oct, 2014

A damning review of what is a horrid industry aspect. A real exposure to what lengths people would go to get there name on anything. Really funny. Quite formulaic in its approach, doesn't have the hit home had message of Supersize me, but a more personally interesting topic.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 16 Aug, 2011

Rating: B+

• Windyblue

Added by Windyblue

I kind of want a POM now. That was pretty boring.

• joelymalereview

★★ Watched by joelymalereview 17 Sep, 2014

I feel the same way about Super Size Me as I do about this movie; the idea is great but its execution is lackluster, the scenes without Spurlock in them are great but there few and far between and the scenes with Spurlock start strong but end up just dragging the film down. TGMES has some cool scenes and a neat idea but we are given the message within the film in the first ten minutes which makes the next…

• Matthew Murray

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Murray 07 Sep, 2014

Another awesome doco from Morgan Spurlock. I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on this one; I thought it was delightfully clever and very funny.

Much like Super Size Me, this fairly simple concept becomes that more interesting as you explore Spurlock's personal journey deciding where he stands on the film's subject matter. It's really entertaining to watch Spurlock battle to maintain his artistic integrity as more and more sponsors come on board to muddy the waters.…

• Josh

★★★ Watched by Josh 21 Aug, 2014

Not an amazing documentary, but I can't say it wasn't entertaining or effective. Gosh I just really feel like some POM right now

• Jon Baum

★★★★★ Added by Jon Baum

The Greatest Documentary! Spurlock creates a film about film as he steps into the world of product placement. Exploring a market many believe to be evil, but is essential to our traditional way of life; Spurlock takes a non-baised and mature approach to explaining the positives of product placement, the influence it actually has over a creative piece and the rigorous challenge it is to find appropriate products for a very particular movie.

• Bob Hovey

★½ Watched by Bob Hovey 15 Jul, 2014

Interesting concept... make a documentary about product placement in the film industry by selling product placement in the documentary itself and documenting the process. I have to say that most of this potential interest remains unrealized here. There are quite a few problems with the film, but let me just hit the three most significant aspects: First, repeatedly bouncing back and forth between hard information and satire might sound interesting and clever but the way it's done here it is…

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 18 Apr, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• zarrenfication

★★★ Watched by zarrenfication 14 Jul, 2014

Good job Morgan Spurlock. Entertaining and informative at the same time.
    Do Recommend.

• Sarah Hass

★★★ Watched by Sarah Hass 01 Jul, 2014

Definitely an interesting look into American culture and life. Very cool to see behind the scenes.

• Danny Gray

★★★½ Watched by Danny Gray 02 Jun, 2014

Part of me wants to believe that this film exaggerates the facts surrounding advertising and product placement deals in cinema, but I'm fully aware how naive that might be. Morgan Spurlock conveys a genuine interest and passion for the subject, which is well-researched and fairly discussed with facts, figures and anecdotes. A nice selection of interviewees, decent amount of wit and humour and solid storytelling make it not the Greatest movie ever sold, but interesting nonetheless.