• Corin Ennis

★★★ Added by Corin Ennis

Some very pretty action scenes, rest of the film is alright, nothing special

• Blots

Watched by Blots 18 Feb, 2015 1

‘The Green Hornet’ has completely sunk Gondry in my books, going forward. I think we all had the gradual realization that ‘Eternal Sunshine’ was a strike of lightning and not an emerging voice in feature films, but it hurts to see Gondry not only fail so completely, but show how little he cares. The end product is a movie that inspires genuine hatred in me.

This thing is rotten inside out, and part of it just has to do with…

• Locke

★★ Watched by Locke 08 Feb, 2015

Talking first about the BD, it's very satisfying. The film is wonderfully shiny as all modern, big budget films are when brought to this high-definition format but this also marked my first proper test of my new soundbar - the Bose CineMate 15 - and I couldn't really imagine a better demo. In terms presentation, this is a fantastic release.

Although Seth Rogen goes to the lengths of writing himself the lead role, this is no vanity project. Rogen only…

• frotnegor

★★★ Watched by frotnegor 05 Feb, 2015

Viel zu Späat gesehen, ertaunlich unterhaltsame ComicKomödie.

• MooseMeister

★★½ Watched by MooseMeister 05 Feb, 2015 1

I do not care for superhero movies too much, I had no idea who or what Green Hornet was (or supposed to be) and I'd never really connected to the Rogen/Goldberg type of humor. So it did not bother or surprise me too much that the movie was dumb, silly and simple but at an overall medium level of entertainment.

• billrob23

★★★½ Watched by billrob23 04 Feb, 2015

Honestly, I don't know what people were expecting. This movie is 43% on critics and audiences both on Rotten Tomatoes. They're both crazy. The movie is exactly what you'd expect it to be. Funny, dumb and big with the 'splodo. Bam. Good movie.

• Paul Blakeley

★★ Watched by Paul Blakeley 03 Feb, 2015

You're just not a very good film Hornet. The characters are annoying, the action feels oddly sterile, the humour is naff, and even the "inventive" art style used on occasion didn't work for me.

The best bit was the tune at the end, which probably isn't a good sign.

• Elizabeth Zero

★★★ Watched by Elizabeth Zero 03 Feb, 2015

Wasn't thaaaat bad.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 07 Apr, 2011

Disappointing. I was expecting some really interesting action scenes from Michel Gondry, sadly he played everything pretty straight.

• SJ Marks

½ Watched by SJ Marks 01 Aug, 2013

Do not put a handsome sexy man in a mask and I mean Christoph Waltz please

• transmogrifier

★★½ Watched by transmogrifier 26 Jan, 2015

49/100

A generic script that degenerates into totally dull gunfire and car chases leaves Gondry with absolutely nothing to do, bar one interesting split screen shot that shows more inventiveness than everything else combined.

• ghostdinosaur

★★★½ Rewatched by ghostdinosaur 21 Jan, 2015

Still holds up as by far my favorite of the Rogen/Goldberg joints. It takes Rogen's penchant for self-mocking and makes it about more than just man-child stoners refusing to act like adults. By applying it to the comic book genre this persona becomes a stand-in for all the masked vigilantes enjoying a box office renaissance that shows no signs of stopping (although some more obviously than others *cough* Batman *cough*). They conceptualize Britt Reid as an incompetent entitled douche, both…