• Lights Camera Jackson

★★ Watched by Lights Camera Jackson 10 Jan, 2011

When I was in LA in the summer of 2009 I visited the Sony Pictures Studios and actually got to see some of the sets that were being built for "The Green Hornet". If I had known then what I know now I would have told the crews not to bother.

This version of "The Green Hornet" is somewhat based on the comic, old radio show and the 1960's TV series. Seth Rogen, who can be very funny at times,…

• EdgarWleft

★★★½ Rewatched by EdgarWleft 08 Feb, 2016

Normally i would say this is an average action-comedy, but this movie has two big pluses: The first is Christoph Waltz as the villain obviously and the second are the over-the-top-bullettime-videogamelike action scenes which are just awesome to watch.

• Kennis N

Watched by Kennis N 20 Jan, 2011

The Green Hornet got a lot of bad buzz, but I was hopeful that it would at least be entertaining and fun to watch. How disappointed I was! I feel like my main problems lie with Seth Rogan - not only could he not carry the film as the leading man, but his writing needed some reworking. The story seemed to drag on and go no where, but it was also not very funny for an action comedy. I was…

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Like It!

• Stallion

★★★★ Added by Stallion

Great film but Seth Rogen makes the Green Hornet lame.....

• Trevor Dailey

★★★½ Added by Trevor Dailey

Michel Gondry + Seth Rogen + Let Li = Surprisingly great movie!

• nthnmllr

★★ Added by nthnmllr 1

Seth Rogen is bad, why was he a thing? Is he still a thing? Has he stopped now? I hope so.

Is this film a metaphor for useless white men getting credit before anyone else?

I laughed once, an hour in and then was deflated at the realisation I was only half way thru, this was a misguided idea for a movie.

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

The '60s TV classic gets an action-comedy update starring Seth Rogen (!) as Britt Reid, the crusading newspaper honcho by day, crime fighter by night. It was a decent flick but it would've worked better if it had concentrated less on the "comedy," because the constant banter between Britt and Kato feels really forced after a while. The action scenes are well done, but I gotta say, Bruce Lee never needed fancy "Matrix" style slo-mo effects or CGI assistance when…

• soccerjulchen

★★★ Added by soccerjulchen

Gehobener Durchschnitt

• Luisa Tolledo

★★½ Added by Luisa Tolledo

Ok.

• Raphael Klopper

★★ Watched by Raphael Klopper 17 Jan, 2016

Actually the central duo its not bad at all....but unfortunately all the rest is soo damm shameful!

• William Braun

★★½ Watched by William Braun 03 Jan, 2016 1

The Green Hornet might be entertaining at certain points, but it never lives up to the potential by a Seth Rogen/Michael Gondry collaboration. However, I will say that this is one of those movies that will be considered as "A Cable Movie."

Grade: C-