• mattsaponar

★★★½ Added by mattsaponar

SUPER fun movie.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 02 Apr, 2011

Maybe all those warnings from critics lowered my expectations, but I found this entertaining for most of the time. Seth Rogen would hardly seem to fit the suave persona of the Green Hornet, although I do recall the old TV show being somewhat campy the way Batman used to be, so his choice in approaching this as a (light) spoof would seem valid. The film is very slick as well, with eye-popping action sequences and nice vehicles and gadgets. Christopher…

• ChicToDo

★½ Watched by ChicToDo 06 Aug, 2011

I hoped to like this more than I did, considering it's a Michel Gondry film. To be honest, I actually don't remember much of the film, which speaks volumes.

• William Humes

★★★½ Rewatched by William Humes 14 Nov, 2014

Not everyone likes this film. However i loved it! After a few rewatches through out the years, i see it for what it is... A superhero parody. And it does a fantastic job of it in my books!

• hotsake

★★★ Added by hotsake

A silly and stupid but fun action flick that's the perfect beer and pizza movie to watch with friends and loved ones.

• Harrydarkknight

★★ Watched by Harrydarkknight 13 Nov, 2014

The worst sin that The Green Hornet commits is that it gives us little hints of how good it could have been and then returns to crappy jokes, a silly love triangle and characters that I couldn't care less about.

This film has pretty good music featuring songs from The White Stripes and Coolio, it has some pretty interesting action scenes and I really liked how they spent a while going over things like the car customization there suits, masks etc.

But overall The Green Hornet is just a failed attempt at a hero movie but has hints of goodness throughout.

• Taco Mortal

★★★ Added by Taco Mortal

It's not bad. I was expecting pure garbage based on the reviews, but it's a decent action-comedy. Completely acceptable and a few funny moments, with an enjoyable villain. An excellent multi camera montage in the middle.

• David O'Reilly

★★★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 01 Oct, 2011

Originally published on FrankTheMonkey.com

Up until now it seemed like the superhero genre was scraping the bottom of the barrel. With the likes of Batman and X-Men well into sequel-dom, and much of the second-tier comic-books already having being adapted into plenty of so-so films, The Green Hornet might seem like a drop down to the dreaded third-tier, home to the likes of Catwoman and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. Based on a radio serial from the 1930s, and…

• Wendy666

Watched by Wendy666 08 Oct, 2014

awful

• alphonse

★★★ Watched by alphonse 15 Oct, 2014 3

What seems to be bothering a lot of people is the idea of seeing someone like Seth Rogen or Evan Goldberg giving life to their beloved superhero, named Green Hornet. However, this doesn't bother me at all because, first of all, I seem to love Evan Goldberg's humour and, secondarily, this is a superhero I was totally unfamiliar with before going into the film.

In Michel Gondry's adaptation of George Trendle's radio series, Seth Rogen stars as Britt Reid, the…

• Joe DiCanio