• Ian Buckwalter

★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 10 Jan, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• mook

★★★ Watched by mook 05 Jul, 2014

I only have vague knowledge of The Green Hornet as a TV show in the 1960's with Bruce Lee. I expected this to be a cheeky modern day adaptation of the property in the style of 2000's Charlie's Angels or 2004's Starsky & Hutch.

Whilst it is definitely that sort of film, there's also a bit more to it. It's written by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg so it has that familiar bromance/slacker feel to it but it also works as a…

• Mandewdguy

★★★★ Added by Mandewdguy

A Self Aware comic book movie with 2 likable leads

• Matthew Nader

★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Nader 02 Jul, 2011

W/ commentary

• JPC

★★★ Watched by JPC 23 Jun, 2014

Entretenida, aunque en algunos momentos me parecía estar ante una secuela de Harold & Kumar.

• Nick Britton

★★ Watched by Nick Britton 16 Jun, 2014

I guess Gondry needed the money for gambling debts or child support?

• eiszfuchs

★★★ Watched by eiszfuchs 12 Jun, 2014

I laughed a few times.

• Ashlea Moses

★★★½ Rewatched by Ashlea Moses 12 Jun, 2014

Seth Rogen doesn't work as a serious actor very well, especially not as a super hero. But I still enjoy watching this movie and its comedic aspects. It's not necessarily bad but I agree it could have been better had the casting been done a bit differently. Then again I wouldn't have watched it had Seth Rogen not been in it.

• Lobezno Estepario

★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 16 May, 2012

Una película que trata sobre la nada más absoluta.

• cineedo
  • Nick Fury

½ Watched by Nick Fury 14 Jan, 2011

Truly an anti-superhero movie and this must be understood above all before jumping into this action comedy. Rogen is the opposite of what you would want in a hero, smug, selfish, and inept as a crime fighter. Chou as Kato is both the brains and muscle behind the whole endeavor and even gets the girl...but remains the sidekick. The action setpieces are impressive by summer blockbuster standards, especially the finale in the newspaper headquarters. Cameron Diaz is underused in a…

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

Gondry’s ultra-contemporary portrayal of the main characters made this comic book revival quite interesting. Britt Reid (Seth Rogen) aka the Green Hornet is a 30-something self-absorbed spoiled brat. Kato (Jay Chou) is the real crime fighter. And the casting of Academy Award-winner Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) as the main heavy was simply stellar. Cameron Diaz provides some nice eye candy, too. The only thing an adaptation of an old superhero comic really has to be is entertaining, and the Green Hornet, with its car chases and choreographed fisticuffs, certainly fits the bill. Good fun.