• SJ Marks

½ Watched by SJ Marks 01 Aug, 2013

Do not put a handsome sexy man in a mask and I mean Christoph Waltz please

• transmogrifier

★★½ Watched by transmogrifier 26 Jan, 2015

49/100

A generic script that degenerates into totally dull gunfire and car chases leaves Gondry with absolutely nothing to do, bar one interesting split screen shot that shows more inventiveness than everything else combined.

• ghostdinosaur

★★★½ Rewatched by ghostdinosaur 21 Jan, 2015

Still holds up as by far my favorite of the Rogen/Goldberg joints. It takes Rogen's penchant for self-mocking and makes it about more than just man-child stoners refusing to act like adults. By applying it to the comic book genre this persona becomes a stand-in for all the masked vigilantes enjoying a box office renaissance that shows no signs of stopping (although some more obviously than others *cough* Batman *cough*). They conceptualize Britt Reid as an incompetent entitled douche, both…

• luis reséndiz

★★½ Watched by luis reséndiz 20 Jan, 2015

de las películas de superhéroes de años recientes, la única, junto con kick-ass y chronicle, que intentó llevar el arquetipo por derroteros distintos. aquí las diferencias son el tono de comedia tan característico de seth rogen y las películas en las que participa y los breves desplantes visuales expresionistas que se permite la cinta --acaso, auteuristamente, responsabilidad de michel gondry. el resto es una película de acción más o menos convencional, más o menos boba (cosa que agradecí por momentos) y más o menos entretenida.

• Lucas

★★ Rewatched by Lucas 14 Jan, 2015

Well even after waiting for awhile to rewatch this movie, I still cant stand most of this. Like really who decided Seth Rogen should play Britt Reid, like really he didn't even read a comic or watch an original episode from the show at all I swear! Only saving grace was Jay Chou did a decent Kato...but no one can replace Bruce Lee!

• Spencer Vale

★★★ Watched by Spencer Vale 17 Jan, 2015

Kick Ass 1.5

• Ryan Silberstein

★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Silberstein 15 Jan, 2015

Very uneven in tone, but it almost works as a parody of current superhero films. But overall, it's fun and unfairly maligned.

• Sean Mulvihill

★★½ Watched by Sean Mulvihill 12 Jan, 2015

Full review at: fanboynation.com/the-green-hornet-2011/

In many regards, The Green Hornet earns its lackluster reputation. Without any way of keeping the character in the zeitgeist, Britt Reid’s forays into vigilantism feel remarkably like a Batman rip-off. Motivated by a fallen parent and with a fortune as his greatest weapon, there’s nothing here to differentiate itself from the Caped Crusader – it just comes across as Seth Rogen as the stoner Batman. There are other reason the film falters: Cameron Diaz is…

• Mr. Film

★★★★ Added by Mr. Film 1

In my opinion, this film is very underrated. It provides some good laughs and good action. A fun twist on a old story.

• Samuel Scott

★★★½ Rewatched by Samuel Scott 07 Jan, 2015

Under-appreciated and quite a lot of fun, The Green Hornet never really made the impact it perhaps should have done on audiences. Shame, as I'd love a second.

• Joseph Henderson

★★ Watched by Joseph Henderson 07 Jan, 2015

Not as bad as I was led to believe. But still not very good.

Funny at times, although such moments are few and far between.

I expected some clever cinematic techniques from Gondry, so in that respect it was very disappointing. Run of the mill action comedy. Nothing stands out, and everything was predictable.

I'm being generous.

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 29 Jan, 2011

Seth Rogen and Jay Chou fight crime in this comedy involving the death of Britt Reid better known as The Green Hornet. It is an action movie with Seth Rogen humor. If you like both of those categories, you will like this film.