• Wendy666

Watched by Wendy666 08 Oct, 2014

awful

• alphonse

★★★ Watched by alphonse 15 Oct, 2014 3

What seems to be bothering a lot of people is the idea of seeing someone like Seth Rogen or Evan Goldberg giving life to their beloved superhero, named Green Hornet. However, this doesn't bother me at all because, first of all, I seem to love Evan Goldberg's humour and, secondarily, this is a superhero I was totally unfamiliar with before going into the film.

In Michel Gondry's adaptation of George Trendle's radio series, Seth Rogen stars as Britt Reid, the…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by JaySalahi 21 Jan, 2011

B- (80)

• Dan Bergstrom

★★ Added by Dan Bergstrom

An utterly unnecessary and lousy film made watchable by Christoph Waltz. His villain is the only interesting thing going on here. I usually enjoy (or at least tolerate) Rogen but he's awful and he and Diaz have no chemistry. Jay Chou is pretty ok, and I will always be ok with more Edward James Olmos. But when Waltz and Olmos aren't on screen, this movie is pretty much a dead zone. I'm sure someone on Youtube has spliced all of Waltz's parts together. Save yourself an hour and go watch that instead. It's much better. This movie is a failure.

• Jessie

★½ Watched by Jessie 24 Sep, 2014

I'd like to start off by saying that I absolutely loathe every single formulaic, boring, predictable, modern superhero film, because they are all exactly the same. So, this fits perfectly in that category. While I like Seth Rogen, his character was almost downright unlikable, and the whole second half I just couldn't wait for it to be over. Not the worst of the genre, but near the bottom for sure.

• Artpig

½ Added by Artpig

One of the worst films I've ever seen. 0/5 stars. Unfunny and surprisingly umean spirited. The directing is bland and I could have come up with a better screenplay in ten minutes about potato salad, and it would have had better character development and it would have been a lot more clever. The only thing okay about this film is Kato, but, he is ruined because of how awful the dialouge is. The cinematography and action scenes are very forgettable…

• Gnske

½ Added by Gnske

The very definition of a film no one wanted, no one cared about and no one will ever remember.

• Sc8lo

½ Watched by Sc8lo 01 May, 2011

Pure awfulness. The scrapings of the superhero barrel.

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 20 Jan, 2011

Though not nearly as fun or as subversive as I'd hoped for from Gondry, it's still likely to be the most interesting superhero movie that comes out all year ... which ain't saying much, really. Jay Chou and Christoph Waltz shine, Cameron Diaz has bizarrely little to do, and Seth Rogen is just kinda Seth Rogen. Some nice moments, but overall a missed opportunity.

• Victor Luz

★★½ Rewatched by Victor Luz 11 Sep, 2014

Eu gosto de ação, de "heróis", principalmente os que vem dos quadrinhos e entendo seus padrões e clichês. Mas a produção do filme meio que simplesmente parece ter esquecido disso, e utiliza todos os clichês possíveis, de formas tão simplórias que chegam a decepcionar. Não se á um aprofundamento decente, tudo vira pano de fundo pra ação,carros e aparatos. Aparatos esses que salvam o filme, resgatam aquela sensação de "cinto do batman", aparatos tecnológicos, loucos e extremamente legais o que…