• Reece Leonard

★★★★ Watched by Reece Leonard 03 May, 2015

Not just another Liam Neeson popcorn film, "The Grey" is surprisingly poignant and comes complete with existential musings, an indictment of the toxic nature of masculinity, thrilling action sequences, and a phenomenal central performance from Neeson.

• Peter Cox

½ Watched by Peter Cox 02 May, 2015

Technically no rating, because 49 minutes in I just gave up. I'll sit through anything but I've rarely been so bored by a film. Liam Neeson whispers. He's like that girl in Pitch Perfect. I CAN'T HEAR YOU LIAM. Wolves happen. Repeat until you hate your life.

• jaxblazer

★★★★ Added by jaxblazer

One of the more harrowing movies i've seen. You'll have to be in the right mood and you won't 'enjoy' it as such.. but its well done (and pretty) - no stereotypes, these feel like real people who keep dying :(

• Neil Weaving

★★½ Watched by Neil Weaving 01 May, 2015

Liam Neeson's character has terrible decision making skills and the only other one with a personality is the designated cynical asshole, whose criticisms of Neeson's awful plans are usually valid. Looks nice though.

• Laser Reviews

★★★★★ Added by Laser Reviews

___________________________________________________________________

Film #27 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!
    Task #27: A film about animals/wildlife attacking!
    letterboxd.com/laser_reviews/list/scavenger-hunt/

___________________________________________________________________

I keep forgetting about this more and more but onto the film. Like a lot of people I expected this to be another Liam Neesion action film but I was caught off guard. The Grey is one of my favorite movies. It's more of a survival drama then anything else. It was a gripping, tense and surprisingly emotional film that should be given more attention

• Hendrik v. Cleef

★★★★ Watched by Hendrik v. Cleef 27 Apr, 2015

I was not expecting this. Not from the guy who made the horrible A-Team movie. Surprisingly great... and depressing.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Netflix

• Chris

★★★★ Watched by Chris 13 Apr, 2015

Film #13 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge
    Task #27 A film about animals/wildlife attacking

You gotta believe that the advertising department looked at this movie and then thought, "How do we make it look like Neeson kicks ass?" Because he doesn't really. He stands his ground against a pack of wolves and slightly less alpha-y men than himself, but at no real time can you say Liam Neeson kicks ass in the style we have all become accustomed to. Well,…

• Tim Lawrence

★★★★½ Watched by Tim Lawrence 08 Apr, 2015

A highly effective, self-contained thrill ride anchored in many surprisingly quiet moments of emotion and reflection. This is the kind of film I'd want to make.

• sreelal

★★★ Watched by sreelal 07 Apr, 2015

#27 on sreelal's Scavenger Hunt movie list

Film about animals/wildlife attacking

"We are the animals..."

Joe Carnahan's The Grey is not particularly a bad movie. It wasn't a memorable watch either. It is one of those films which had a lot of good things, but didn't really reached the apex of goodness.

A plane crash unites seven people, while they are forced to find their way out of nowhere, fighting cold blizzards and big, bad wolves. So, basically this one…

• JackGradis

★★★★ Watched by JackGradis 28 Mar, 2015

The Grey had a poor marketing team behind it, misleading viewers to believe they were getting Liam Neeson vs Wolves. That's not what this movie is about. The Grey is about finding the will to live and understanding what you believe in and why you are alive. While not a perfect film by any means, The Grey is a nice change of pace from other action movies.

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★½ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2012

Recommended to all of those "Man against Nature" fans... A bit formula, a lot of fantasy (those are superbionic wolfs!)... but a decent ride nevertheless.