• katya.

Watched by katya. 25 Sep, 2016

it has all the ingredients i'm allergic to:

- all male cast
    - archetypal characters
    - liam neeson playing himself
    - everybody's dying one by one when it's Time, when the location changes and when it's convenient to the plot
    - woman's death as a character's development for a male protagonist
    - forced dialogue
    - pseudo 'philosophical' speeches about death and faith
    - men's humour
    - boredom

come on, i just wanted to watch a survival movie about how terrifying the cold is, i went to see this with an open mind and without any (hahahahaha) gender prejudices but man, i played myself. terrible.

• Playmo

★★★ Watched by Playmo 21 Aug, 2016

Liam Neeson the gritty action hero. How unbelievable that at nearly 60 years old, an actor can redefine his career and become more bankable.
    The action is also more frenetic and gripping. Rather than shooting the action scenes in a traditional sense, the director wants the viewer to feel as if they are experiencing them along with the characters. As for the wolves, they're horrifying, yet never painted as the bad guys. They're just part of nature.

The film is…

• Scott Bannick

★★★★ Watched by Scott Bannick 01 Oct, 2012

Directed by: Joe Carnahan (do watch his excellent Narc, avoid watching the terrible Smokin’ Aces)

Written by: Carnahan co-wrote the screenplay with Ian Mackenzie Jeffers who adapted his own short story “Ghost Walker”

Starring: Liam Neeson, Dermot Mulroney, Joe Anderson, Frank Grillo, Dallas Roberts, James Badge Dale

What it’s about: A plane transporting Alaskan oil drillers crashes, and the survivors must battle both nature (the titular grey wolves) and the elements for survival

B-Movie Alternate Title: The Grey Wolves Attack!…

• Stu Kirwan

★★★½ Watched by Stu Kirwan 16 Sep, 2016

I went in expecting a run-of-the-mill Liam Neeson action thriller but instead it turned out to be a pleasantly surprisingly tale of survival.

At times it can be found guilty of taking itself a little too seriously (which just wasn't necessary) and could've done with a slightly shorter runtime but it still packs some good punches.

• Master Splinter

★★★★½ Rewatched by Master Splinter 15 Sep, 2016

What can I say, it's still fucking great.

• Wilco Born

★★★★½ Watched by Wilco Born 18 Feb, 2013

Ik hou van diepzinnige films. Kijk maar naar Leeson's "The Grey". Maar die Swartsnegger's "Commando" was ook heerlijk ^.^

• dshit

★★★★★ Added by dshit

GOOD MOVIE. 9RYANVOICE0

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 29 Aug, 2016

Still perfect.

• Oliver Rotherforth

★★★★½ Rewatched by Oliver Rotherforth 23 Aug, 2016

I know a lot of people who dislike this film. They either dismiss it as 'the film where Liam Neeson punches Wolves" or they dislike it because Liam Neeson (spoiler alert) doesn't actually punch any Wolves.  You can't please everyone.

I love this film. Liam Neeson, killer wolves, extreme weather, man vs nature. What's not to love?

• Will Tyrrell

★★★½ Watched by Will Tyrrell 22 Aug, 2016

I feel that a lot of people were, like me, very pleasantly surprised with this film. It's no work of genius, full of cliches and some bland characters, but it was a lot smarter and more intense than I had expected. I feel like this is one I'll probably rewatch multiple times, and hopefully on Blu Ray because this film is pretty fucking beautiful at times.

• Preyesh Sankarparsad

★★★½ Watched by Preyesh Sankarparsad 14 Aug, 2016

Brutally intense, albeit slightly predictable, The Grey paints a daunting picture of survival, with all odds against you....
    Liam Neeson has become renowned for his kick-ass roles, most notably the Taken series, but here, not only does he take on a physical role, but it also grants him the ability to put more emotion into it, and play a man with his own internal struggles, suddenly thrust into a totally audacious situation.
    Beautifully shot, and never letting up on the…

• Ian West