• Lobezno Estepario

★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 29 Nov, 2012

Perfecto ejemplo de película fallida, salvada por algún que otro momento potente al principio y al final. En cambio, el desarrollo de The Grey condena al espectador al tedio, pues se dedica a auto-zancadillearse insertando introspecciones existencialistas de forma torpe, sin poner toda la carne en el asador en esa dirección ni en la parte de supervivencia. Además, la naturaleza demoníaca que le adjudica al lobo es para mear y no echar gota.

• Shawn McEntyre

★★★★½ Watched by Shawn McEntyre 21 Jul, 2014

Solid storytelling. Solid acting. Solid action. Solid wolves.

Liam motherfuckin' Neeson, not being just Liam fuckin' Nesson.

• tofb

★★★ Watched by tofb 20 Jul, 2014

• Marika

★★★½ Watched by Marika 20 Jul, 2014

"Fuck faith, earn it!"

Liam Neeson accompanied by a team of oil drillers are stranded in the middle of Alaska with a large pack of very territorial wolves. This is one of the better survival films I've seen so far. It's about a suicidal man fighting for his life when faced with inevitable death. It's about the will to live and the lack thereof. And yes, watching a fist fight between a wolf and Neeson is pretty entertaining.

• Juan Espinoza

★★★★½ Rewatched by Juan Espinoza 19 Jul, 2014

Aunque parecería injusto etiquetarla de Neeson-ploitation, realmente no considero dicha etiqueta (no inventada por mi, pero que adopté sin ningún tipo de miramientos) como peyorativa.

SIn embargo es indudable reconocer que de todas las películas recientes que ha hecho Neeson, en las que de una u otra forma interpreta al mismo personaje, The Grey destaca por su compromiso y honestidad con la historia que cuenta (quizás lo único que la hace deslucir un poco es el teaser final que aparece…

• MattRisnes

★★★ Rewatched by MattRisnes 10 Jul, 2014 1

Very well shot and constructed film with a stellar Neeson performance. It just never fully connects with me for some reason. I like the supporting cast, the manliness, the morbid subtext and the horror film undertones. I just can't shake the feeling that something's misfiring. Maybe I'm still cheesed about that cop-out arty ending. When you sell the movie on Liam Neeson fighting a wolf with broken mini-liquor bottles taped to his hand, you damn we'll better deliver on it. Still good and a worthwhile watch though.

• Luke Goodsell

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Goodsell 11 Jul, 2014

Too many people told me this was some kind of existential tough guy movie when it came out, so I was underwhelmed at the time. Viewed from a distance, though, it's easy to see how lean and compelling it is. Liam Neeson deserved some acting recognition for this, I think.

• Ryuutei

★★ Watched by Ryuutei 10 Jul, 2014

This movie makes you so sad you just wanna suicide at the middle of it.
    Liam Neeson is a great actor but this movie is long and annoying. AND FUCKING COLD.

• Brian Hamilton

★★★★ Watched by Brian Hamilton 08 Jul, 2014

Maybe the best movie of Taken-era Liam Neeson? I'm pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed this. "The Grey", stars the aforementioned Liam Neeson, and takes place in Alaska as a group of oil-men are stranded after a plane crash. Survival movies are more often then not formulaic, and 'The Grey' has some formulaic moments albeit, however this consists of elements that differ it from others. 'The Grey' delves into philosophical themes, Liam Neeson plays a brazen badass, and overall…

• MasterofMovies

★★★★★ Watched by MasterofMovies 07 Jul, 2014

• Locke

★★★★½ Rewatched by Locke 06 Jul, 2014

• jedgeco

★★½ Watched by jedgeco 28 Jun, 2014

So Alien with wolves, right?

Reaches a little too far with respect to character and thematic issues that it doesn't really have time or interest in really developing, and I probably would have rather seen an unrelenting, 85-minute straight horror film.