• popcorninhell

★★★½ Added by popcorninhell

"The Grey" should be seen as a great example of mood cinema. Every frame is bursting at the seams with impending dread that I couldn't help cracking a smile while watching audience members squirming in their seats. Unfortunately while "The Grey" is a masterwork in comparison to other January releases, there are vast and obvious problems that sequesters this movie in the "rent-it" category.

"The Grey" follows a group of oil-drillers who's plane has crashed in the arctic tundra. Concluding…

• Chetan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chetan 03 Jun, 2016

An intense film going experience that is must see viewing.

• princesswarrior

★★★★ Watched by princesswarrior 28 Jun, 2016

This was so uncomfortable to watch, but I think it was because it felt so real. I was kind of expecting it to be overrun by the whole wolf thing, and there was a lot of wolf, but there was also a lot of character building and a lot of scenes made to make you ~feel~ the environment.
    & Liam Neeson never disappoints.

• Snake Plissken

★★★★ Rewatched by Snake Plissken 24 Jun, 2016

"Do something. Do something. You phony prick fraudulent motherfucker. Do something! Come on! Prove it! Fuck faith! Earn it! Show me something real! I need it now. Not later. Now! Show me and I'll believe in you until the day I die. I swear. I'm calling on you. I'm calling on you!
    Fuck it. I'll do it myself."

• Alex Matzkeit

★★★½ Watched by Alex Matzkeit 18 Jun, 2016

Erstaunlich gut inszeniert trotz ätzendem Männlichkeitsgedöns.

• Abdulelah Alamoudi

★★½ Watched by Abdulelah Alamoudi 15 Jun, 2016

لا بأس به

• Omar Ahmed

★★★★ Watched by Omar Ahmed 02 Feb, 2015

Not what I expected at all. At first I was disappointed. Then I was enthralled.

• Juan .

★★★★ Watched by Juan . 13 Jun, 2016

A survival, men vs wolves film. That plus Liam Neeson as leading man? Hey, we got yourselves some decent fun! There are clichés here and there, but overall the film is a very nice distraction for a cold Sunday. Talk about cold...

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 11 Jun, 2016

"Don't move. Stare right back at them." - Ottway

I watched The Grey with a couple of my friends who have both previously seen it and are big fans. The Grey is about a group of men who survive a plane crash only to be hunted down by a pack of wolves. Liam Neeson is badass in the lead role and the rest of the cast is pretty solid. One problem though is that only a few of the characters…

• BigHungry

★★★★★ Rewatched by BigHungry 11 Jun, 2016

Wolves and Survive

• Tom Gueli

★★★★½ Added by Tom Gueli

The Grey isn't a perfect movie. It's got some occasionally mediocre effects, less than great actors (aside from Neeson), and some of its scripting leaves a bit to be desired from both dialogue and plot contrivance perspectives.

Still, The Grey perfectly hits the beats it wants to, and it has a great throughline that ties everything together and makes for one hell of a ride.
    In that light, I can overlook the magical teleporting wolves and the implausible (impossible?) moments of surviving certain death.

• Timothy E. RAW

★★★★½ Added by Timothy E. RAW

A brooding rebuttal to Hollywood's bullshit ideas of masculinity. A film in which the men are men and the hero shows his bravery by admitting he's scared shitless.

The way the group deal with death has never felt more real -- music cut completely out so the audience have no familiar comforts, and the sound of a body's last movements amped up, so it brings out every aching, weirdly poetic moment of watching someone expire.

When it is used, Marc…