• Noyer

★★★½ Watched by Noyer 15 Dec, 2014

Not quite the sucker punch of a film I was hoping it would be, but an interesting meditation on death none-the-less.

• Craig Dawson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 14 Dec, 2014

After their plane crashes in Alaska, six oil workers are led by a skilled huntsman to survival, but a pack of merciless wolves haunts their every step.

Rewatch of one of the pleasant surprises from 2012. I love The Grey, it's pretty much the perfect modern "man vs elements" survial film. Unfortunately this was dismissed in some quarters as another Liam Neeson action film in the vein of Taken which is so far from the truth.

Neeson himself is fantastic,…

• dave

½ Watched by dave 14 Dec, 2014

Arrrgg kost frustrating ending ever. Seriously, i am actually pissed off because of the wy this movie ends. Fuuuck just like 1 more minute of footage, one more minute of story, would that have been so fucking hard? I enjoyed this flick, up until the ending, now i get mad when i think about it. Really mad.

• Kelly Magovern

★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 13 Dec, 2014

It's basically just a survivalist horror movie, but Liam Neeson brings a gravitas that elevates it to something more. It dragged for me in some parts, and I doubt I'd ever want to revisit this, but as a one-time deal I did enjoy it. (By the way, the cold would definitely do me in before the wolves. ;P)

• joelhwa

★★½ Watched by joelhwa 15 Jan, 2013

5/10:

• wbmalone

★★★ Added by wbmalone

Bit silly but kept me watching.

• ChasingTheDawn

★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

You only got these stars because of Liam Neeson. They played us like a damn fiddle!

• Nathan Richardson

★★★★★ Added by Nathan Richardson

The Grey is a 2012 wilderness survival movie directed by Joe Carnahan and stars Liam Neeson. The movie depicts an adrenaline filled actioner about a group of oil workers who not only have to survive a plane crash, the ice cold surroundings they are left in, but also a pack of man eating wolves. The film plays out as a run-of-the-mill survival tale but excels itself as a deep psychological thriller. The Grey elegantly plays with the themes of love, loss, faith, and death so well that audiences can enjoy it as an amazing thriller or a breathtaking character piece.

(#1 - 100 Words 100 Reviews)

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now at your local cinema, I would strongly recommend parents guidance on this film, with that being said I am not too sure what to say about this film. Simply because this film project on reflection, does very much have potential, but however if you are a long-term film patrons you can find getting into the atmosphere of the film easy but then it can be easy to see what is going to happen…

• Renato Gaiarsa

★★★★ Rewatched by Renato Gaiarsa 27 Nov, 2014

Too sweet at the end but still an amazing survival movie.

• Dan Corbett

★★★★ Watched by Dan Corbett 24 Nov, 2014 1

I watched The Grey for the first time last night. Since I had very little preconceived notions about the film, other than I heard that it was generally well received, I was pleasantly surprised by my reaction to the film. I didn’t even know that it was a survival horror story coupled with a meditation on life and death. Watching Liam Neeson’s Ottway (perfectly cast and played) and his small group battle the brutal Alaskan environment as well as an…

• Tom McHenry

★★★ Watched by Tom McHenry 21 Nov, 2014

Some men stagger out of a plane crash to be set upon by wolves over and over again. Essentially the Perils of Pauline but lacquered over with suicidal despair. The wolf effects are silly but the plane crash itself has a shocking beauty.