• James Gant

★★½ Added by James Gant

Ahh it was a little ridiculous, but not entirely a waste of my time.

• Tom Morton

★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 17 Apr, 2014

Starts well, ends well, sags terribly in between. Suffers from an interchangeable cast of supporting characters and (pretty unforgivably, for a film about wolves) terrible-looking wolves, at least when they're shown up close. Neeson is solid, but the cheesy flashbacks seemed like a desperate attempt to stir up emotion.

• BITW

★★★★ Added by BITW

I remember watching this movie in the theater and I was thinking that this movie is crazy. I was watching it and seeing everybody get picked off one by one by the wolves was scary. I was scared to see what was gonna happen next. I thought there are some drawbacks to this film but I honestly can't really remember them even though many people don't like the ending, I actually for what it was and in the end The Grey is a fun movie to watch and a good thriller(Well I treat it as that).

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 15 Apr, 2014

The ending holds up great, but there was just a little something missing this time around. Maybe it was low expectations first go around. Neeson still kicks ass and almost everyone gets some good stuff to work with.

• Paul Davey

★★★½ Watched by Paul Davey 13 Apr, 2014

Hyper-masculine survival story, like Predator in Alaska. Better than it needed to be, though.

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★ Watched by Alex Leadbeater 13 Apr, 2014

I knew from the hype around release that the Liam Neeson vs. Wolves trailers had been mis-marketing, but that didn't prepare me for this.
    Any familiarity The Grey has (the group of distinct characters picked off one by one by nature) is offset by a great sense of place (the wind howls like the wolves) and Neeson's anchoring performance.

• moviefreak666

★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 28 Jan, 2012

THE GREY is a thrilling, heart pounding, depressing and terrifying movie about survival. It stars Liam Neeson (in one of his best roles)as John Ottway who survives a plane crash along with other survivors, the movie folds the plot along as they have to survive the brutal Alaskan cold and wind and...hungry ravaging wolves.

We know that wolves in real life are savage predators who hunt and eat their prey but in THE GREY they are portrayed as terrifying monsters…

• Si Sharp

★★★ Watched by Si Sharp 09 Apr, 2014

It would seem that Hollywood has run out of actors for Liam Neeson to punch in the face so it's time for the dogs.

Well-shot and acted, and to be fair, not that dumb given its simplicity.

I just found it a little boring. Maybe because I'm starting to find Liam Neeson a little boring.

• RJMacReady

★★★½ Watched by RJMacReady 11 Apr, 2014

The first 40mins of this film has significantly more moments of brilliance, depth and intelligence than I had anticipated - including the most disturbingly real plane crash I could ever imagine. Unfortunately the remainder of the film, whilst always watchable and entertaining, regurgitates some overly macho and heavy handed questions about life, death and faith which never quite matches the opening sequences. Still, if you ever wanted to see Liam Neeson punch a wolf in the face then this is the film for you.

• Onurcan Şar

★★★★½ Watched by Onurcan Şar 11 Apr, 2014

live or die on this day

• C-Beyond

★★★ Added by C-Beyond

Never heard so much howling in my life; wolves'.
    Some special-effects failures.
    But a good story of courage...till the end.

• Rongo

★★★★ Watched by Rongo 05 Apr, 2014

An edgy and harrowing survival story. The wolves were shot really well and were terrifying. The character development was a bit so so in places but I was still compelled to stay up late to watch it. The ending is a little bleak but does fit in with the rest of the storyline. A gripping view!