• Alan Jeffrey

★★★★ Watched by Alan Jeffrey 04 Mar, 2015

A surprisingly thorough and supremely emotionally charged study of the human experience in regards to the seemingly overwhelming presence of death and evil in the world and how the inevitable march toward death is made all the worthwhile with the most fleeting flickers of love and wonder. A special film that runs and thrives on moments of pure humanity in all of its highs and lows.

• Ivica_Pusticki

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ivica_Pusticki 28 Feb, 2015

I caught this on TV last night and I just had to re-watch it although it was very late.
    When it comes to Liam Neeson most people loves TAKEN. I find TAKEN to be fun and OK movie, but I just love THE GREY, and IMO that's the best movie he did last couple of years, including TAKEN.
    Screw all those horror movies, all those vampires, zombies and werewolf's...that's not scary anymore! But man against nature...now that's scary as hell!…

• JKUHNLE

★★★★ Watched by JKUHNLE 20 Feb, 2015

A great performance by Liam Neeson. Another film about the battle between man and nature. This film is graphic, has action, has love, hate, courage, and has humor. It is a brutally vivid film that captures man's underestimation of the true force of nature.
    I like the characters, and I like the flashbacks of what keeps driving Neeson's character forward; the plot device of his passed away wife.
    I would recommend this film to anyone, and I think it is also a great film to study, as it encompasses almost all aspects of great film.

• SuperCoenBros

★★★ Watched by SuperCoenBros 26 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This film has lots of fun in it. C'mon, Liam Neeson vs. wolves is a fun premise. Some great over the top moments. I just wish that it had been able to focus more squarely upon the fun to be had in such a ludicrous concept. Too many dour moments, slow things down between the howlingly funny attack scenes.

It's a good Bad Movie. Worthy of a couple hours of distraction where you can turn your brain off. Although I…

• orozco_jorge89

★★★½ Watched by orozco_jorge89 25 Feb, 2015

Tooth and nail

• Jesse Kellestine

★★★★½ Added by Jesse Kellestine

Divisive, abusing, stressful, heavy, and supremely beautiful.

• Jez Meyer

★★★½ Added by Jez Meyer

A great little movie all about death. Neeson's impressive performance is the main attraction, but this harrowing examination of how people meet their maker has a lot to offer beyond star power. It's just a pity the middle sags the way it does, and that the wolves themselves were not better realised.

• debraek

★★★★½ Added by debraek

WARNING WARNING WARNING
    THIS MOVIES IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

I started crying 4 minutes into the movies and did not stop until 15 minutes after it was over.
    And I'm not talking about soft crying... oh no, this was hardcore sobbing.
    Still, If you can get past the tears streaming down your face absolutely incredible movie.

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 24 Feb, 2015

It's alright. Mostly just watch because Liam Neeson.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

A bit depressing but well made thriller. Makes you wonder what you'd do in the same situation.

• russman

★★★ Watched by russman 24 Feb, 2015 1

Hungry like the wolf

• Dave Sloboda

★★★½ Added by Dave Sloboda

This movie is pretty much just pure testosterone being projected onto the screen. Badassery all around.