• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 15 Apr, 2014

The ending holds up great, but there was just a little something missing this time around. Maybe it was low expectations first go around. Neeson still kicks ass and almost everyone gets some good stuff to work with.

• Paul Davey

★★★½ Watched by Paul Davey 13 Apr, 2014

Hyper-masculine survival story, like Predator in Alaska. Better than it needed to be, though.

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★ Watched by Alex Leadbeater 13 Apr, 2014

I knew from the hype around release that the Liam Neeson vs. Wolves trailers had been mis-marketing, but that didn't prepare me for this.
    Any familiarity The Grey has (the group of distinct characters picked off one by one by nature) is offset by a great sense of place (the wind howls like the wolves) and Neeson's anchoring performance.

• moviefreak666

★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 28 Jan, 2012

THE GREY is a thrilling, heart pounding, depressing and terrifying movie about survival. It stars Liam Neeson (in one of his best roles)as John Ottway who survives a plane crash along with other survivors, the movie folds the plot along as they have to survive the brutal Alaskan cold and wind and...hungry ravaging wolves.

We know that wolves in real life are savage predators who hunt and eat their prey but in THE GREY they are portrayed as terrifying monsters…

• Si Sharp

★★★ Watched by Si Sharp 09 Apr, 2014

It would seem that Hollywood has run out of actors for Liam Neeson to punch in the face so it's time for the dogs.

Well-shot and acted, and to be fair, not that dumb given its simplicity.

I just found it a little boring. Maybe because I'm starting to find Liam Neeson a little boring.

• RJMacReady

★★★½ Watched by RJMacReady 11 Apr, 2014

The first 40mins of this film has significantly more moments of brilliance, depth and intelligence than I had anticipated - including the most disturbingly real plane crash I could ever imagine. Unfortunately the remainder of the film, whilst always watchable and entertaining, regurgitates some overly macho and heavy handed questions about life, death and faith which never quite matches the opening sequences. Still, if you ever wanted to see Liam Neeson punch a wolf in the face then this is the film for you.

• Onurcan Şar

★★★★½ Watched by Onurcan Şar 11 Apr, 2014

live or die on this day

• C-Beyond

★★★ Added by C-Beyond

Never heard so much howling in my life; wolves'.
    Some special-effects failures.
    But a good story of courage...till the end.

• Rongo

★★★★ Watched by Rongo 05 Apr, 2014

An edgy and harrowing survival story. The wolves were shot really well and were terrifying. The character development was a bit so so in places but I was still compelled to stay up late to watch it. The ending is a little bleak but does fit in with the rest of the storyline. A gripping view!

• kpitman

Added by kpitman

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 07 Apr, 2014

Nothing remarkable. The wolves seems a tad too vicious. Still it is sort of entertaining.

• Matt Thomas

★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 07 Apr, 2014

More prosaic and sterile than you might expect from Carnahan.