• Michael

★½ Watched by Michael 11 Feb, 2012

A group of men work at an outpost where they draw natural resources from a planet (oil, I believe, in this case). Liam Neeson is a sniper who picks off the local predators when they attack. Some of the men are flying back to their primary settlement called Anchorage, I assume it is so named because the outline of the landmass is remarkably similar to that of Alaska. Their transport crashes in a frozen wilderness. They are beset by the…

• Jessie

★★★★ Watched by Jessie 29 Oct, 2014

More than thriller, more than an action film; a grim allegory. Deeper than many give it credit for, not just man vs nature, but the reasons behind survival. Whether you choose to surrender peacefully or fight till the end, does it matter? We all die in the end.

Liam Neeson is simply fantastic.

• Garrett the Mad

★★★★ Watched by Garrett the Mad 25 Oct, 2014

If Universal remade Jaws, Liam Neeson would have to play the Robert Shaw part, right? It seemed like his character in The Grey was basically Quint but with wolves instead of sharks.

• Henrik Schunk

★★★ Added by Henrik Schunk

Satisfying twist on the survival horror genre pitting men against wolves with a grim lead actor doing what he does best (Neeson must be one of the toughest bad ass lead actors around at this point). The constant flashbacks forcibly push some depth into an otherwise very linear chase-film. Still, if you enjoy the odd jump scares and darkness surrounded by a wall of ice, this will be a good one for you.

• JohanW

★★★★½ Added by JohanW

brutal poetry

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

A amazing and poetic tale of survival.

• sonofsam

★★★★ Rewatched by sonofsam 14 Oct, 2014

Liam Neeson - Wolf Puncher!

• David Owen

★★★★½ Watched by David Owen 14 Oct, 2014

I'm furious it's taken me this long to see this film. I loved Carnahan's Narc and have a penchant for snow based cinema so this should have been a no brainer but I read a lot of ho-hum reviews at the time and thought, 'I'll wait for DVD'. Screw this I'm sticking with my gut from now on. This, with Narc, make Carnahan the go to guy for tales of beleaguered and broken men. It's refreshing to see such honest…

• Abdullah Muhana

★★★ Added by Abdullah Muhana

good movie

• kukrapoc

★★★★ Watched by kukrapoc 09 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 09 Mar, 2012

Rating: B+

• Dave

★★★ Watched by Dave 01 Oct, 2014

After their plane crashes in Alaska, six oil workers are led by a skilled huntsman to survival, but a pack of merciless wolves haunts their every step. - IMDB

There's not really that much more to say than Liam Neeson fight's wolves. Truly, he does. He has some help along the way, but in essence, he fights wolves.