• alexbhades

★★½ Watched by alexbhades 14 Mar, 2012

Bien hecha, bien interpretada, un pelin lenta, todo lo mismo, un poco indiferente.

• Nathan Pyle

★★★★ Watched by Nathan Pyle 31 Jan, 2013

Beautiful! The cinematography was amazing & effective. Isolation desolation. Liam Neeson was really good, liked Dermot Mulroney & frank grilo also. About survival, about attitude and action in the face of destruction and hopelessness wolves drive action and make it more exciting but could be taken out and the film would still be good.

• Corey MacDonald

★★★ Watched by Corey MacDonald 26 Jul, 2015

A decent flick that has really good atmosphere and does a good job of building tension when needed. Liam Neeson is great as the grizzly veteran that once had a good life but lost it all and ended up in the hell that is Alaska. The one big complaint I have with the film is the wolves; they looked awful, whoever did the CGI for them didn't do a great job because it shows. That said, The Grey is worth a watch.

• edkupfer

★★★★½ Watched by edkupfer 04 Mar, 2015

Enjoyment: 9/10
    Quality: 7/10

A solemn meditation on the meaning of death masquerading as an outdoor survival movie. I really liked the way the story unfolded as I was watching—it was only later upon reflection that I could see the seams.

• Thomas Robidas

★★★★ Added by Thomas Robidas

Grand fan de Loup et de Liam Neeson que je suis, The Grey est tout simplement un parfait mélange des deux. La simplicité du récit est parfaite, elle nous permet de suivre l'histoire d'un homme contre la nature tout en nous rappelant constamment quel est le but du film. Plus on vieilli, et plus on perd d'être chère, mais qu'en est-il de notre propre existence, de notre mort. La mort est omniprésente dans cet oeuvre, mais elle nous est présenter…

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

The Grey is a pretty cool action thriller. It takes a cliche concept but makes it different and it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire movie and it's also very sad. My only problem was the cliffhanger ending.

• Audiences Everywhere

★★★★ Added by Audiences Everywhere

"The Grey instigates contemplation through its backdrop and through the implications of action sequences that are first rate in technical execution. At once beautiful and jarring, breakneck and philosophical, exciting and emotive, it is an action movie indulgence with more to say on the human condition than most intelligent dramas."

Read David Shreve's full review here.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 17 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A friend gave away the ending to this film not long after its release, as he complained about how bad it was. This certainly put me off this film for a long time until I got to a point where I've been enjoying so many of Neeson's action movies of late, I could avoid it no longer. I also admire Joe Carnahan's work, so decided it wouldn't be a total loss. And on a morning when I was completely snowed…

• SteveDrums

★★★ Watched by SteveDrums 15 Jul, 2015

Surprisingly good and a rare fine Liam Neeson performance.

• Jeremy Martin

★★ Watched by Jeremy Martin 10 Jul, 2015

Ugh. Liam Neeson vs. a pack of wolves! Too bad this movie takes itself way too seriously and indulges in every survival and male bonding movie cliches there are. Recommended instead: John Sayles' "Limbo," or evn David Mamet's "The Edge" if you need that macho swagger bullshit.

• silenttom

★★★★½ Watched by silenttom 28 Jan, 2012

One of the biggest surprises of the year. What was sold as a rough and tumble action film of Liam Neeson fighting wolves, but instead becomes a harrowing thriller about man's attempts to survive against the forces of nature. Liam Neeson flexes his drama muscles phenomenally here, portraying a man at the complete end of his potential rope that manages to be surprisingly endearing, though all of the others in his group provide their own individual relatable moment of flailing…

• Onnib

★★★ Watched by Onnib 12 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Survival doesn't always have a happy end.