• Hanco

★★★ Watched by Hanco 28 Sep, 2014

2.75 stars. Who's afraid of the big bad wolf..?

• JaySalahi

★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 14 Jun, 2012

C+ (77.5)

• Connor Delaney

★★★★★ Watched by Connor Delaney 18 Sep, 2014

Love how the film is structured. Very visceral and very...raw.

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chris Jensen

★★★½ Watched by Chris Jensen 14 Sep, 2014

Better than I expected. Bleak tale of struggling to survive in extremely hostile conditions. Cold, beautiful Alaska settings.

• John Connor

★★★½ Watched by John Connor 28 Feb, 2012

This bleak, stark action flick transcends its 'men against wolves' plot to become an interesting meditation on death, faith, and the way we live in this world. Neeson is great as a helplessly grieving man trying to make sense of the tricks of fate, and the rest of the stubble-y cast get their jobs done too. Some ropy CGI can't dent its impact, and a cracker of a score helps immensely.

• KMOKLER

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Full of good acting, a great story but a very slow story that takes quite a bit until it gets going and becomes exciting but when it gets going it gets really exciting and I love Liam Neeson so I just got to give this a good score.

• bjarvis

★★ Watched by bjarvis 07 Sep, 2014

A pretty bad film with a great lead performance. A very different performance from Neeson who can be brilliant when he's given enough material. The biggest problem is the crappy script and the unmemorable co-stars.

If this had a tighter script, and some better direction, this could have generated a little oscar buzz (probably not a nomination) for Neeson. He's in fine form here.

Other than, this film goes in a direction I never would have thought.

• Leonard Wilson

★★★ Rewatched by Leonard Wilson 01 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 27 Jan, 2012

I think I may have too much high expectations for this movie. But Overall I think this movie was good. The ending could have been better but oh well. Later I found out there was an after credit scene and I wish they just made that the ending.

Spoiler:
    It shows who won the fight. It would of been nice to actually see the fight between the wolf and Liam Neeson but sadly it didn't happen.

• Jonathan Paula

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Paula 31 Jan, 2012

Released on January 27, 2012, this Alaskan survival thriller starring Liam Neeson has tripled its $25-million dollar budget, and for good reason: it is an exciting, and entertaining motion picture. Neeson is part of a ragtag group of social outcasts: ex-cons, dead-beats, and low-lifes who drill oil in northern Alaska - all of whom crash in the middle of nowhere during their flight back to Anchorage.

When only seven of the men survive this crash, they must put aside their…

• fatpie42

★★★★½ Rewatched by fatpie42 01 Sep, 2014

"The Grey" was one of the selections on my initial top ten list at the end of the year (before I'd had a chance to check out films I'd missed, such as "Life of Pi" and "Dredd").

It's a story that is truly 'existential' since it considers the various reactions to the inevitability of death. Liam Neeson begins the film suicidal and then finds himself face-to-face with death in the form of ravenous wolves when he is one of the…