• Luke

★★ Watched by Luke 02 Mar, 2014

This film really disappointed me. I heard a lot of great things about this movie, and as an avid fan of Liam Neeson and his movies, i expected something that would blow me away. Instead what i got was a sub par movie that tried too hard to be something it wasn't.

For a film about Liam Neeson going toe to toe with a pack of wolves, we never actually see him fight any wolves in the entire film. However…

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Helena_Harvey

★★★★★ Added by Helena_Harvey

Liam Neeson (Schindler’s List, Taken) stars as the unlikely hero Ottway in this undeniably suspenseful and powerful survival adventure. After their plane crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness, a roughneck group of oil drillers is forced to find a way back to civilization. As Ottway leads the injured survivors through the brutal snow and ice, they are relentlessly tracked by a vicious pack of rogue wolves that will do anything to defend their territory. Adrenaline-fueled, action-packed and loaded with some…

• Forrest Ellsworth

★★★½ Watched by Forrest Ellsworth 27 Jul, 2014 1

more like "the gay"

am i right guys

• Adam Sexton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adam Sexton 26 Jul, 2014

Watched the blu-ray with the audio commentary, which makes this great movie just a little better.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 29 Nov, 2012

Perfecto ejemplo de película fallida, salvada por algún que otro momento potente al principio y al final. En cambio, el desarrollo de The Grey condena al espectador al tedio, pues se dedica a auto-zancadillearse insertando introspecciones existencialistas de forma torpe, sin poner toda la carne en el asador en esa dirección ni en la parte de supervivencia. Además, la naturaleza demoníaca que le adjudica al lobo es para mear y no echar gota.

• Shawn McEntyre

★★★★½ Watched by Shawn McEntyre 21 Jul, 2014

Solid storytelling. Solid acting. Solid action. Solid wolves.

Liam motherfuckin' Neeson, not being just Liam fuckin' Nesson.

• tofb

★★★ Watched by tofb 20 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Marika

★★★½ Watched by Marika 20 Jul, 2014

"Fuck faith, earn it!"

Liam Neeson accompanied by a team of oil drillers are stranded in the middle of Alaska with a large pack of very territorial wolves. This is one of the better survival films I've seen so far. It's about a suicidal man fighting for his life when faced with inevitable death. It's about the will to live and the lack thereof. And yes, watching a fist fight between a wolf and Neeson is pretty entertaining.

• Juan Espinoza

★★★★½ Rewatched by Juan Espinoza 19 Jul, 2014

Aunque parecería injusto etiquetarla de Neeson-ploitation, realmente no considero dicha etiqueta (no inventada por mi, pero que adopté sin ningún tipo de miramientos) como peyorativa.

SIn embargo es indudable reconocer que de todas las películas recientes que ha hecho Neeson, en las que de una u otra forma interpreta al mismo personaje, The Grey destaca por su compromiso y honestidad con la historia que cuenta (quizás lo único que la hace deslucir un poco es el teaser final que aparece…

• MattRisnes

★★★ Rewatched by MattRisnes 10 Jul, 2014 1

Very well shot and constructed film with a stellar Neeson performance. It just never fully connects with me for some reason. I like the supporting cast, the manliness, the morbid subtext and the horror film undertones. I just can't shake the feeling that something's misfiring. Maybe I'm still cheesed about that cop-out arty ending. When you sell the movie on Liam Neeson fighting a wolf with broken mini-liquor bottles taped to his hand, you damn we'll better deliver on it. Still good and a worthwhile watch though.

• Luke Goodsell

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Goodsell 11 Jul, 2014

Too many people told me this was some kind of existential tough guy movie when it came out, so I was underwhelmed at the time. Viewed from a distance, though, it's easy to see how lean and compelling it is. Liam Neeson deserved some acting recognition for this, I think.