• eschwa22

★★★★ Added by eschwa22

8/10: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

• Paolo Carone

★★★½ Added by Paolo Carone

Courtesy of my film degree with what essentially amounted to a poetry minor, I can conclusively state that the "poem" Liam Neeson quotes in this film sucks.

• panvaneer

★★★½ Watched by panvaneer 26 Jun, 2015

A sombre and slow meditation on what life is worth.

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★★ Added by Ernst_Bitterman

I suppose I'm luke-warm on this film because I get exposed to winter for about seven months each year and to serious winter for about two. Serious winter? -30C before windchill is taken into account, the sort of thing that we're told damages exposed flesh in less than a minute. Serious winter is a thing you take seriously. You want to make sure you've got a decent hat.

So... there's a quantity of stuff that people who know serious winter…

• Matthew Beem

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Beem 18 Jun, 2015

87/100

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Liam Neeson's Best!

• Adamantius

★★★ Watched by Adamantius 20 Apr, 2013

In this film a group of Alaskan oil rig workers crash on a plane in the middle of nowhere as they were headed home. It is a nature survival film. After the plane crash, the survivors have to deal with the brutal cold and vicious wolf pack near the crash site. Liam Neeson plays the company's hired wolf shooter to protect the site but his weapon is useless after the crash. Neeson leads the survivors as they try to figure…

• hotsake

★★★ Watched by hotsake 15 Jun, 2015

I see what they were trying to do with this movie, I get it, I just didn't like it. It's based on a short story and they tried to capture that feeling with internal dialog, philosophic ramblings and gratuitous use of unneeded flashbacks. Neeson plays pretty much the same character he has since Star Wars. Everybody else is an arch type of an emotion to play out the drama. The worst part of all is that the landscape didn't look like Alaska and the wolves acted more like generic horror villains.

• Brian

★★★ Watched by Brian 14 Jun, 2015

Unlikeable characters, except for Liam Neeson. He's always the man. Didn't like the ending, but before the ending was enjoyable.

• PerseuEvans

★★★½ Watched by PerseuEvans 14 Jun, 2015

It's "man vs. nature" in this existential action movie that is capable of leaving you at the edge of your seat while it makes you question the designs of mortality. And that ending!

• AndrewTheGreat

★★ Added by AndrewTheGreat

Pass on this one.

• Calum Russell

★★★★½ Added by Calum Russell

It's easy to shove this film aside as 'another Liam Neeson action movie' as the Russian mobsters are simply replaced with angry royal canines. However The Grey has so much more to say than you initially perceive, making it the first blockbuster in a long time with some actual intelligence.

Sure you could just watch this film as a survival thriller as Neeson fights his way through the tundra, on this level alone the film is worth watching however below…

• Andrew