• Armando Vanegas

★★★★ Rewatched by Armando Vanegas 04 Apr, 2012

VHS Memory Theater

Purchase History: Possibly before I was born. I've had it for as long as I remember it. It came out the year out the year I was born: 1992. I apologize in advance if I just made someone feel old.

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was a movie I watched occasionally as a kid. I'll admit the whole beginning of the movie involving the doctor went over my head, but I still enjoyed it. The premise…

• Sc8lo

★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 03 Dec, 2011

I love 90s thrillers. No matter who directs, you just know. De Mornay is Hot, Dangerous, Sexy and Scary in this movie. I would have loved a babysitter like that.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★½ Watched by R Stefaniuk 09 Apr, 2016

fatal attraction made for the lifetime crowd. it's quite interesting how this film turns acts of maternity (breastfeeding, bonding, protecting a child from bullying) into dangerous and threatening things. bad men will pervert your body; bad women will pervert your family and usurp your womanhood.

• Victoria

★★★ Added by Victoria

C+

• Justin Ball

★★★½ Added by Justin Ball

This movie burned into my psyche when i was 12 years old. Over the years this movie morphed into something completely different. When I was around 20 I started thinking, what was that awesome movie I watched when I was a kid, it had a witch and a baby and she could make the trees move? Sounds awesome right? Well at some point I realized THIS is that movie and obviously its not what I remember it. But there you go.

• amber

★★ Rewatched by amber 20 Feb, 2016

Julianne Moore has come a long way since being greenhoused to death.

• Andrew R.

★★★½ Added by Andrew R.

Deliciously campy and trashy, with De Mornay giving this material more than it deserved. Straightforward in its twists but so fun for it.

• Kate ✌️

★★★ Added by Kate ✌️

i'm pretty sure this was my first R rated movie
    this is some crazy shit tho ngl

• Armando Dela Cruz

★★★ Watched by Armando Dela Cruz 30 Jan, 2016

The story of Monica De Mornay's demented nanny unfolds in a straightforward and no-nonsense fashion. The whole of the film traces her diabolical plot to destroy an unsuspecting suburban family in a manner that only a troubled white widow knows how: walks-in-the-park and chocolate soufflé. Of course, that's not the reason why she's in for the gig. She's a matriarch, she wants a family. "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world", after all.

Taking…

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Good acting, great tension, that's all you need to be a great movie.

• badfeeble

★★½ Rewatched by badfeeble 26 Dec, 2015

D'être tombé sur le Blu-ray m'a donné envie de revoir ce petit thriller des années 90, simplement par nostalgie. Bah, c'est quand même pas si mal et ça se laisse regarder sans trop grincer des dents, mais la recette y est déjà et c'est peu inventif dans la livraison. La réalisation sobre de Curtis Hanson est dénuée de personnalité alors on se rabat sur un cast charismatique (Annabella Sciorra, Rebecca De Mornay, Ernie Hudson, Julianne Moore).

• filmga

★★ Watched by filmga 27 Dec, 2015

Meh. Too many things didn't work for me. None of the characters were that interesting. (Note that this type of psychological thriller is normally one of my favorite genres).