• Martin White

★★★★½ Rewatched by Martin White 27 Aug, 2015

Every parent's worse nightmare! This film teaches an invaluable lesson to every parent out there, when hiring a nanny to look after your newborn child, do some research and gather info about them first instead of just inviting a complete stranger into your home. In short, never trust a babysitter who is seemingly a bit all TOO nice!

• Jourdain Searles

Watched by Jourdain Searles 09 Aug, 2015

Offensive on almost every level. Ick.

• Jose Garcia Jr.

★★★ Rewatched by Jose Garcia Jr. 09 Aug, 2015

Still a good watch. Had a hard time believing De Mornay's motivation this time around but it's a minor complaint. Julian Moore is pretty great in the few scenes she has. She has my favorite line: "You've got a Harvard education, you figure out."

• Chip

★★★★ Rewatched by Chip 09 Aug, 2015

An advanced course on how to revenge. This was the first R-rated movie I saw in a theater. And of course I had to buy a ticket for something else and sneak in. It's both ludicrous and brilliant. The way the affluent protagonist family's house is filmed, the movie feels like a real estate advertisement. It really is the perfect family. They sing opera while they get ready in the morning. They build a greenhouse in the backyard because it's…

• nathaxn walker

★★★★½ Watched by nathaxn walker 08 Aug, 2015

Rebecca De Mornay's portrayal of a fragile, vengeful, wounded sociopathy is completely astounding. Rather than going over the top, her performance is notable by its restraint, its vulnerability, its yearning, a concatenation of small, layered moments. 'The Hand That Rocks The Cradle' is terrifying in how below the radar the threat to domestic integrity is, how easy a family is to unravel if the loose threads, the fault lines, are laid open to exploitation. The true antecedents to this film…

• lilyloser

★★ Added by lilyloser

did it scare me? yes.
    was it a "good" movie? not really.

• The Spork Guy

★★★½ Watched by The Spork Guy 04 Jul, 2015

Alright, this is the only movie to frequent the Lifetime Movie Network I've ever seen that I legitimately considered a damn good flick. The story itself is so crazy and free to destroy lives as it pleases, that I couldn't help but nod in approval here. The general turn of events is as follows: Mother traumatized by not-so-routine obstetrician visit. Mother begins county wide lawsuit. Doctor kills himself out of shame. Wife of Doctor's baby dies at birth. Wife of…

• 'Becca'lise

★★★ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 21 Jun, 2015

Entertaining and implausible nonsense. They kind of blow it by revealing who she is at the very beginning, but oh well.

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

you can tell in the beginning of this picture how it is going to be ending! too predictable but you can feel the tension and De Mornay is not only a beautiful woman, she's a good actress!

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★½ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 18 Sep, 2010

A tense thriller that stands out for its twisting story and great character building; I just feel completely invested in what happens to this family. I am also impressed with Claire's strength. She did the right thing in turning in that molesting bastard and she's willing to do whatever it takes to protect her loved ones.

• Emalie

★★★½ Watched by Emalie 29 Mar, 2015

literally, "let me go get my baby and i'll be on my way...i mean, let me go get my things."

come on mornay play it cool.