• Samuel

★★★★½ Watched by Samuel 24 Oct, 2014

A movie produced, written (yes, it had a script) and filmed while on drugs. It's pretty great, the ultimate 70's trip movie.

Somebody try to do something like this now, hah.

• Carsen Fox

★★★½ Watched by Carsen Fox 22 Oct, 2014

Visual art, bursting with color, motif and passion. Hard to even review it as a film, it's more a lucid trip into the creators mind as he tries to enlighten us to his adamant theology and start a revolution. Although more memorable than most films and most definitely more artistic, 'The Holy Mountain' sometimes becomes too steep and far fetched to summit for its own good.

An obvious classic nonetheless

• James Healey

★★★★½ Rewatched by James Healey 21 Oct, 2014

Creating The Holy Mountain: $750,000
    A semester at an overpriced film school: $20,000
    The Holy Mountain Blu Ray: $20
    Seeing the reaction on the faces of the other students when they watch The Holy Mountain for the first time: Priceless

There are some things money can buy, for everything else, there is Jordowsky.

• Steve A. Kanvas

★★★½ Watched by Steve A. Kanvas 20 Oct, 2014

EMPACHO VISUAL.

Alejandro Jodorowsky, ese hombre que a los amantes del cómic y de los tebeos en general nos horripila demasiado por ese ímpetu irrefrenable de abarcar cuanta mas temática y contenido mejor, y que a los gafapastas contraculturales del hoy les vuelve locos su vertiente de brujo chamanico, psicólogo traspersonal y psicomago recalcitrante, parece ser la clase de persona que vino a este mundo a tocar cuantas teclas de piano posible. No lo definiría como un polímata, aunque es…

• Andrew Tolstedt

★★★★½ Watched by Andrew Tolstedt 12 Oct, 2014

Sunday was movie day. After seeing Jodorowsky's Dune last week, I was really interested in watching his work.

I'm a narrative guy. A good story with interesting characters and good actors is my favorite and how I approach work. But I do appreciate good experimental, surrealist, pure-cinema.

I lack the mental capacity to finish this film by myself. There is so much happening. How do you even talk about this shit? A cinema of emotions where the story simply IS…

• Danny Dangle

★½ Watched by Danny Dangle 05 Aug, 2014

Jodorowsky's most self-indulgent work, and likely his worst. It almost falls into the so-bad-it's-good category. Someone once compared Jodorowsky to Tommy Wiseau and Edward D. Wood, Jr., and I think the comparison is apt. He has grand ambitions and ideas, but ends up looking like a clown due to a severe lack of talent. He ends up being the all-too-common paradox of the cliched avant-gardist. His approach to defying convention is conventional, his poetry cheesy. He reeks of new age…

• BazbauersT

★★★½ Added by BazbauersT

STUNNING

• Cassidy Nicholas

★★★★ Watched by Cassidy Nicholas 17 Oct, 2014

I really don't know what to think about this. This was absolutely amazing and nothing prepared me for this. I was so confused the whole time but I'm glad I watched til the end because I have a better understanding now than I did at the end of the movie. Especially because the ending was absolutely incredible.

• Lasse Marhaug

★★★★★ Watched by Lasse Marhaug 18 Oct, 2014

Watched a newly restored copy of this film which looked fantastic. Revealed details that were obscured on previous experiences on VHS and DVD.

In full Hi-Def Jodorowosky's psychedelic everything-at-once trippy trip remains captivating viewing, and while my appreciation for mystic and religious symbolism has decreased with my age, The Holy Mountain remains my favorite 70's counter-culture poetic comedy. And that soundtrack (Don Cherry!) is just brilliant.

Reality achieved.

• zuhair vazir

★★½ Watched by zuhair vazir 15 Oct, 2014

'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of one thousand testicles.'

Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo, 1970) is revered as a mystifying director by his contemporaries and genre specialists alike for his puzzling yet questionable films. The critics are a different story. His films follow the 'avant-garde' method of narrating an intentionally disjointed plot, presented to the audience with grand imagery, dripping with concentrated surrealism.

'Mountain' has some of the best visuals I've ever watched on screen. The grand set-pieces, the superior set…

• ManBitesZombie

★★★★★ Watched by ManBitesZombie 15 Oct, 2014

It takes you to other worlds and you hardly understand why.

• dimaspros

★★★★½ Added by dimaspros

Μια από τις πιο WTF ταινίες που έχω δει ποτέ.

Οι εικόνα είναι εντυπωσιακή, σαν σουρεαλιστικός πίνακας με θεϊκές διαστάσεις και αναφορές.

Παρόλα αυτά είναι ειρωνικό απέναντι στη φύση της θρησκείας της ανθρωπότητας και της υλιστικής θεώρησης της ζωής.

Απελευθερωτικό και πρωτοποριακό, είναι μια από τις δυσκολότερες ταινίες που έχω δει και αξίζει η θέαση της, αν μπορείτε να ξεπεράσετε την αρχική αναστολή με τον πλήρη απουσία σεναρίου.

Από τις ταινίες που διευρύνουν τα όρια του σινεμά.