• Michael Benton

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Benton 30 Oct, 2014

One of the greatest imagistic films -- also a classic of anti-fascist fiction

• Dom_R

½ Watched by Dom_R 30 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Peter Rinaldi

Watched by Peter Rinaldi 24 Oct, 2014

Like no other moving picture work. Big respect. Deserves repeat viewings.

• Andy

★★★★★ Watched by Andy 17 Oct, 2014

A masterpiece honestly. My breath was taken away and I was left kind of speechless by the ending. Everything about this feels so fresh and new and exciting, even by today's standards. You can tell this is pure, unadulterated Jodorowsky and his vision is wonderful. Even when his vision is a bit over the top the movie isn't afraid to self-deprecate, which I thought was very interesting. I can't even begin to unpack all of the symbolism and religious allusions, but it all comes together to make a fascinating and enthralling tapestry of a journey to find religious enlightenment.

• Steven Flores

Watched by Steven Flores 25 Oct, 2014

A truly bizarre yet extravagantly rich film from Alejandro Jodorowsky that explores a fool taking on a spiritual journey with a mysterious alchemist and a group of people towards a mystical mountain.

• Samuel

★★★★½ Watched by Samuel 24 Oct, 2014

A movie produced, written (yes, it had a script) and filmed while on drugs. It's pretty great, the ultimate 70's trip movie.

Somebody try to do something like this now, hah.

• Carsen Fox

★★★½ Watched by Carsen Fox 22 Oct, 2014

Visual art, bursting with color, motif and passion. Hard to even review it as a film, it's more a lucid trip into the creators mind as he tries to enlighten us to his adamant theology and start a revolution. Although more memorable than most films and most definitely more artistic, 'The Holy Mountain' sometimes becomes too steep and far fetched to summit for its own good.

An obvious classic nonetheless

• James Healey

★★★★½ Rewatched by James Healey 21 Oct, 2014

Creating The Holy Mountain: $750,000
    A semester at an overpriced film school: $20,000
    The Holy Mountain Blu Ray: $20
    Seeing the reaction on the faces of the other students when they watch The Holy Mountain for the first time: Priceless

There are some things money can buy, for everything else, there is Jordowsky.

• Steve A. Kanvas

★★★½ Watched by Steve A. Kanvas 20 Oct, 2014

EMPACHO VISUAL.

Alejandro Jodorowsky, ese hombre que a los amantes del cómic y de los tebeos en general nos horripila demasiado por ese ímpetu irrefrenable de abarcar cuanta mas temática y contenido mejor, y que a los gafapastas contraculturales del hoy les vuelve locos su vertiente de brujo chamanico, psicólogo traspersonal y psicomago recalcitrante, parece ser la clase de persona que vino a este mundo a tocar cuantas teclas de piano posible. No lo definiría como un polímata, aunque es…

• Andrew Tolstedt

★★★★½ Watched by Andrew Tolstedt 12 Oct, 2014

Sunday was movie day. After seeing Jodorowsky's Dune last week, I was really interested in watching his work.

I'm a narrative guy. A good story with interesting characters and good actors is my favorite and how I approach work. But I do appreciate good experimental, surrealist, pure-cinema.

I lack the mental capacity to finish this film by myself. There is so much happening. How do you even talk about this shit? A cinema of emotions where the story simply IS…

• Danny Dangle

★½ Watched by Danny Dangle 05 Aug, 2014

Jodorowsky's most self-indulgent work, and likely his worst. It almost falls into the so-bad-it's-good category. Someone once compared Jodorowsky to Tommy Wiseau and Edward D. Wood, Jr., and I think the comparison is apt. He has grand ambitions and ideas, but ends up looking like a clown due to a severe lack of talent. He ends up being the all-too-common paradox of the cliched avant-gardist. His approach to defying convention is conventional, his poetry cheesy. He reeks of new age…

• BazbauersT