• Ethan

★★★★★ Watched by Ethan 31 Aug, 2015

A visual feast.

• Andy Patterson

★★ Watched by Andy Patterson 26 Aug, 2015

For the first fifteen minutes or so, I was thinking that this was the best dream that I've never had. Then after the initial awe of Jodoroswky's dreamlike imagery wore off, I found the barrage of shock tactics and surreal symbolism to be quite wearisome and uninteresting. Part of me admires the bravery and ambition of such a project where a director's dreams and visions are presented in unadulterated form, but I did not find the experience as a whole to be rewarding.

• Gian Campos

★★★½ Watched by Gian Campos 22 Aug, 2015

Gostei, filme comeca meio paradao mais vai crescendo. Muitas super sacadas, e um respeito enorme pela arte e pela producao, realmente incrivel como eles montaram tudo isso com um orcamento tao baixo.

• Kikuchisawa

★★★★★ Watched by Kikuchisawa 20 Aug, 2015

It's about as far away from Hollywood as you can get, and it's definitely not for everyone, but I adore this film's beauty and imagination.

• Demetri Kouvalis

★★★★ Watched by Demetri Kouvalis 20 Aug, 2015

The most fucked up movie I've ever seen.

• Marina Rossi

★★★★★ Watched by Marina Rossi 12 Aug, 2015

Disturbingly outstanding.

• mmund2

★★★★★ Added by mmund2

holy shit

• aimeemoon

★★★★★ Watched by aimeemoon 09 Aug, 2015

I'll say the ending is probably the most valuable element of The Holy Mountain. Breaking walls for the characters and the audience watching. It is intriguing, being introduced to the main roles in the film, being from and or represented by different planets.
    I enjoyed the abstract ideas and images. They are memorable, along with certain lines, such as this:
    "You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."
    Remember that.
    I may or may not regret the opportunity I had to view this at a theater. but what can you do.

• Bailey

★★★★★ Watched by Bailey 10 Aug, 2015

sign me the FUCK up I THINK ❔👀❔👀❔👀❔👀❔👀 weird shit weird❔❔ sHit❔ thats 👽 some weIrD ❔❔shit right❔th ❔ ere❔❔❔ right👽there 👽👽if i do ƽaү so my self 🔼 i say so 🔼 thats what im PROLLY talking about right there right there (chorus: ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇno sı ɥʇnɹʇ ǝɥʇ) mMMMMᎷМ🔼 ❔❔❔НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👽 ❔❔ ❔ 🔼 ❔ 👀 👀 👀 👽👽Weird shit 👀❔❔👀👀

• William Breen

★½ Watched by William Breen 08 Aug, 2015

God help us all.

• fantod

★★★ Watched by fantod 02 Aug, 2015

Despite the layers upon layers of allegory in the movie, I think it boils down to mankind's search for meaning and the desire to mean something; when that isn't what makes life important. It also was a direct criticism of Latin America in the 1970s, which is very obvious to anybody who actually watches the movie. It also was very beautiful (in a kind of masochistic way) to look at, and Jodorowsky is clearly and ambitious and singular minded filmmaker.…

• Diogo Vale

★★★★★ Watched by Diogo Vale 02 Aug, 2015

Jodorowski has a serious problem with pacing. Like in El Topo, the film significantly slows down and stylistically loses impact for a section there. Fortunately for Holy Mountain, this section is shorter than in El Topo. The other difference between this and Jodorowski's previous film is that, rather than randomly throwing a lot of symbolism around that doesn't really come together in a message or is coherent, Holy Mountain is clear on its intentions and almost straightforward, even.

Also, is there a reason why the original title is in Spanish, even though in the film itself the name appears in English?