• PTA

★★★ Watched by PTA 20 Aug, 2014

I am honestly at a loss for words. Quite simply the weirdest film I have ever seen and will probably ever see. Wow

• Jesse Kujala

★★★★ Watched by Rick Cohle 10 Aug, 2014

lol. wtf.

• Lee Towler

★★★★½ Watched by Lee Towler 09 Aug, 2014

Recently I discovered Jodorowsky's version of the unmade science fiction epic Dune, and I'm still eager to watch the documentary on the subject. From some reading it became pretty apparent that the project never came to fruition because of producers being intimidated by his uncompromisingly surreal and distinct vision of the world that wouldn't please a wide audience. He asked for too much and wasn't willing to give much back, he was solely in it for the sake of his…

• Dr_No

★★★★★ Added by Dr_No

that's what i call a movie

• Eric Brochu

★★★★ Rewatched by Eric Brochu 05 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 30 Jul, 2014

Perhaps the epitome of 'trippy' movies. I generally find self-indulgent, pseudo-spiritual movies tedious and off-putting. This is the exception. In THE HOLY MOUNTAIN Jodorowsky has made a two hours of self-indulgent bullshit that's ever changing, beautiful, perverse, and endlessly fascinating.

• Lucas Barwenczik

★★★★½ Watched by Lucas Barwenczik 28 Jul, 2014

Durch Abstraktion zur Wahrheit: Eigentlich ist "The Holy Mountain" nicht sonderlich surreal, sondern findet für Phänomen der Welt die uns umgibt treffende Metaphern. In einer Flut von Ideen und Bildern zeigt Jodorowsky uns eine ungefilterte Vision der Realität. Kino, das sind nicht Geschichten, sondern eben Bilder. Und die gibt es hier zu genüge, der Ideenreichtum scheint förmlich unergründlich. Vögel die aus Körpern wie aus Seelen aufsteigen. Eine Nachstellung der Conquistador-Kriege mit Fröschen und Chamäleons. Eine Kunstfabrik, ein Erlöserladen, gewaltige Waffen,…

• Jeremy Nichols

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Nichols 27 Jul, 2014

dude is a master of cool ass images. do those images have any meaning or is it all just surface level scratching of religious symbols? who knows. this is a fun movie even if it feels like a deliberate grab at "cult" from the get go. one of my favorite endings

i wanna meet the guy who dressed all the lizards and toads

• alexbhades

★★★★ Watched by alexbhades 22 Jul, 2014

Impresionante viaje alucinógeno.
    Aquí tenemos a Jodo en todo su esplendor, haciendo lo que le apetecía.
    Lo unico que me cuesta de esta obra es que el camino que tiene que trazar el espectador nunca es recto y a veces se hace demasiado fatigoso.
    Nota especial a los héroes que lo puedan llegar a acabar ya que tendrán su recompensa en forma de final antológico que bien vale el sendero recorrido.

• Chris

Watched by Chris 14 Jul, 2014

Still working on throwing my monster overboard. I'll get there.