• Honey Moore

★★★★½ Added by Honey Moore

This film is so stunning i was blown away, my sister made me watch it because she thought it was silly. I loved it with all my heart.

• Josh Bogatin

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Bogatin 27 Feb, 2015

One of the best movies I've seen in a long long time.

• Kenneth Kriheli

Watched by Kenneth Kriheli 28 Feb, 2015

I sat through it, but inconsequential of the fact that Jodorowsky's movies are meant to be viewed like dreams, I know I nodded off at least three times.

• jack_ptafan15

★★★★★ Added by jack_ptafan15

A true visual feast and made eons before it's time.

• Kris

★★★★★ Watched by Kris 25 Feb, 2015

Three for three for Jodorowsky and I. Do I understand every single image and message? No. That's why I can't wait to revisit this multiple times and not only dig deeper but to take in the perfectly realized visuals again and again. Truly a transcendent film. Also recommended: Santa Sangre and El Topo.

How long did it take Axon to acquire 1000 testicles?

• Jay-r Trinidad

★★★★★ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 26 Feb, 2015

high nutritional art cum visual and philosophical masterpiece that transcends the physical, spiritual, metaphorical, subconscious, and freudian being all into one.

it's a perfection like no other and its limitless approach precipitate natural basking.

• Ricardo Zimmermann

★★★★★ Watched by Ricardo Zimmermann 15 Feb, 2015

Once upon a time somebody find out that filming Close To The Edge would be a nice idea

• datoradeaddict

★★★★ Added by datoradeaddict

Disturbing, but in a good way. And disturbing.

• Harvey Gardner

★★★★★ Watched by Harvey Gardner 20 Feb, 2015

Wonderfully surreal, incredibly deep and hilariously funny. There is no way to fully comprehend The Holy Mountain - I'm sure every person who watches it has a unique way of looking at it. That said, it is a beautiful marvel of a film that utilises the medium in a way that it had never been used before.

The plot follows a Christ-like figure as he tries to seek solace in a world of hedonism, greed and general corruption. He then…

• angel ojeda

★★ Watched by angel ojeda 11 Feb, 2015

yes i know. i'm the worst. i really liked watching the visuals in this film but it's something i'd like to watch at an art installation for about 5-7 minutes and then move on to the next exhibit. watching this for 2 straight hours was torturous. and don't even try to tell me that it all means something lest i enter into a murderous rampage.

• Glorbes

★★★★ Rewatched by Glorbes 13 Feb, 2015

If you go into this expecting a story, or any of the usual trappings of a feature film, you may want to look elsewhere. It does eventually settle into a narrative, but The Holy Mountain functions best as a bunch of surrealist vignettes and images that are designed to shock or illicit a visceral reaction. The film had a modest budget, and Jodorowsky manages to squeeze every penny from it for maximum effect. I've seen it twice, and I have…

• Mats