• Katrina

★★★★ Watched by Katrina 23 Nov, 2015

banksy-esque but obviously more original. ya i was really stoned when i watched this but it's still thought provoking not in a cliché way. It is. abstract, symbolic, surreal, and it's an experience. kinda long but the length is necessary in order to take this film seriously lol. WEIRD

• Jordan McLaughlin

Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 20 Nov, 2015

Let me have a little more time with this one.

• Matthew Carieri

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Carieri 17 Nov, 2015

Jodorowsky you rock and roll motherfucker you

• Adrian Vega-Albela Osorio

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Vega-Albela Osorio 17 Nov, 2015

Just don't think about it.

• Ryan Michaels

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Michaels 17 Nov, 2015

• JeffPed

Watched by JeffPed 16 Nov, 2015

This film is art in a way that other films have hardly achieved. It is a Salvador Dali painting come to life. It is an oft stated compliment, but in this film, every frame truly is a painting. Each so meticulously composed and conveying so much meaning; that of societal greed, the illusion of reality, and the perversion of sanctity.

It makes me incredibly proud that this was made by a Chilean artist.

• Nuer Taqa

★★★★★ Added by Nuer Taqa

Absolutely brilliant. Unexpected ending. Master story telling.

• Ryan Steans
  • Alfie Saxby

★★★★★ Watched by Alfie Saxby 12 Nov, 2015

Help me.

• john hewitt john hewitt

★★★ Added by john hewitt john hewitt

Did the alchemist really just turn shit into gold? Nifty

• Ben Smith

★★★★ Watched by Ben Smith 26 Oct, 2015

Few films embody the word "psychedelic" better than The Holy Mountain.
    A meticulously crafted journey, communicating through imagery of the absurd, decadent, sexual and violent.

While it has it's moments of satire, Jodorowsky has created an experience that is visceral and spiritual rather than a cynical vehicle for social commentary. It's this sincerity that makes The Holy Mountain the great film it is. A film that revels in it's madness, proud to be an aesthetic experience where the images hold the emotional weight, rather than any kind of intellectual exercise.

This is cinema of the senses.

• Matthew L. Brady

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew L. Brady 25 Oct, 2015

The Alchemist: "We began in a fairytale and we came to life, but is this life reality? No. It is a film. We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here. Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is magic! Goodbye to the Holy Mountain. Real life awaits us".

The story is about a Christlike figure wanders through bizarre, grotesque scenarios filled with religious and sacrilegious imagery. He meets a mystical guide who introduces him to seven wealthy and…