• yawned

★★★★ Watched by yawned 05 May, 2016

I don't know anything but I know i'm annoyed at this movie

• evilevi

★★★★ Watched by evilevi 04 May, 2016

A genuinely surreal film with no misconceptions about what it is. Jodorowsky seems to know what he wants and guns for it with consistency. The visuals are awesome.

• DocJon

½ Added by DocJon

Pretentious Bullshit Mountain.

• Nick Kurtz

★★★★ Watched by Nick Kurtz 02 May, 2016

I doubt I will ever be able to describe what I saw today.

• heyannakate

★★★½ Added by heyannakate

I still have the lingering feeling that I missed something. The visual journey was stunning, as expected, but I was left with the feeling that I had been preached at. Of course not everyone minds having this experience, but it felt as though Jodorowsky was attempting to assert his vision of humanity without actually engaging with human complexity. Stuck up on his holy mountain, so to speak. But then, that might not be how Jodorowsky vibes and I'm just missing the larger context of his work. Then again, maybe the problem is that I wasn't on acid.

• Coriden Bryant

★★★★ Watched by Coriden Bryant 28 Apr, 2016

Beautiful film, but also very surreal. Glad I saw it in theatres.

• Finn

★★★★★ Added by Finn

Imagery. Symbolism. Machinations of the mind.

The Holy Mountain is brilliantly designed and existentially genius.

• Adam Cloutier

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adam Cloutier 24 Apr, 2016

The symbolism here can't be accused of being shallow because the things it satirises (mostly the machinations and influences creating wars and governmental oppression in general) are themselves incredibly shallow; it's so direct because it can't be anything but that when dealing with such obvious social aspects and Jodorowsky utilises this well in every image's and word's intent being just about as blunt as possible (there's nothing one can take away from "We know that people want to be loved,…

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 24 Apr, 2016 10

Images are a far more stable and integral facet of my life than any other, so to return to film viewing (even though it's only been just over a week, it felt far longer) with a film featuring images as essential as these... Jodorowsky seems to explore an absence of psyche as opposed to the presence of one, all of which is captured in the unstable nature of almost every image shown... in turn reflecting the instability of life and organization.

• dikkedomo

★★★★ Rewatched by dikkedomo 23 Apr, 2016

Immortality
    CAN be obtained
    Reality
    CANT be contained

Ending was sort of lame, lot of the symbolism really out there. But a lot of it also pretty incoherent. Guess I should know more about alchemical symbols to actually get this movie. Very intense at some points. Will watch again someday.

• Zach Carter

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zach Carter 19 Apr, 2016

It's genius, the amount of time and effort into crafting the work is incredible. The Symbolism is unparalleled, The art direction MILES head of anyone working at the time,  The cinematography is incredibly beautiful, and all of it done on a minuscule budget. The story is incredibly intelligent and thought provoking. Jodorowsky uses EVERY ELEMENT That film can utilize in furthering the power of the symbols and brilliance of its story. The Holy Mountain is a masterpiece of hypersymbolic imagery…

• Alex Valdes