• Jesús Placencia

Watched by Jesús Placencia 19 Jun, 2015

What can I say? This had mesmerizing moments of brilliance only hindered by sheer depravation.

It's strange for a film that tries to be a spiritual experience to be filled with obscenites.

I loved a lot of things here, though. The beginning was amazing. The toad and lizard theater was beautiful. The introduction to the other characters is absolutely fantastic. The Holy Mountain's best moments are reminiscent of Buñuel's best work, filled with satire and absolute brilliance.

The Holy Mountain is a film that has the style and essence of something I'd love; however, its gratuitious depravity kept me from enjoying it fully.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 02 Jul, 2015

An amazing avant-garde film from Alejandro Jodorowsky.

• Brandon Gray

Watched by Brandon Gray 29 Jun, 2015

Yep, I hadn't seen this one before. In my day to day life and work, I have to exercise and maintain my practical and rational parts of my brain. This movie is like a steroid shot to the creative/intuitive side that gets underutilized sometimes in day to day life. I felt more balanced after watching this.

• Ordinair

★★★★★ Added by Ordinair

This might be the greatest movie I ever have seen.
    If not, at least it is the most beautiful and spiritual movie I've ever seen.
    So perfect, beautiful and utterly astonishing shots, and every scene so filled with symbolic images of different kinds.
    The movie is mostly about religion, sexuality, and maybe some sort of hidden social critisism. Or maybe that's just me overanalyzing.
    However I just have to compliment how tremendously weird this movie was. Even beats Lynch-movies and…

• eschwa22

★★★½ Added by eschwa22

7/10: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

• Anthony Iessi

★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

I might be in the minority of people who loved El Topo.. but I did. So I decided to check out, at least for a little bit, The Holy Mountain. By comparison, it makes the surrealism in El Topo look like a walk in the park. This is one of the most deranged, gratuitous and uncomfortable works of shock art I've ever seen. Every element of this picture is meant to outrage.. but at the same time, meant to stimulate…

• Robert Morison

★★★★½ Watched by Robert Morison 14 Jun, 2015

I had put off watching this for awhile due to its reputation, thinking that it would be dense and slow burning and full of symbolism, but it was surprisingly a pretty fun and funny film. It was well paced and any metaphors are pretty much spelled out for you. It even makes fun of hippies and psuedo-intellectuals that would find this film "deep" or "trippy".

• Sam Coyle

★★★★ Watched by Sam Coyle 26 Jun, 2015

I thought this was great. Nowhere near as inaccessible with it's symbolism as I thought it would be, the whole thing is pretty easy to make sense out of after you get used to it and when it gets further into it's story and ideas. Essentially one big satire, but an incredibly surreal one. There are scenes of real power and beauty in it while at the same time being strangely comedic. I didn't expect that at all. The final…

• Jeffrey Schimmer

★★★★ Added by Jeffrey Schimmer

It's rare when I carry no baggage when entering a screening. With trailers and rotten tomatoe scores, on top of all the hype that goes into promoting a film, it's hard to not make a rush to judgement. It's true that trailers lie, rotten tomatoes is flawed and hype often disappoints. So I found myself in a unique opportunity with this film. All I knew about it was that it was a strange movie and slightly f**d up.

This was…

• Gerry Maravilla

★★★★ Watched by Gerry Maravilla 20 Jun, 2015

Blu-ray.

• Matt

★★★★½ Watched by Matt 08 Jun, 2015

I'm convinced that Jodorowsky might be a complete psychopath or a genius, or maybe a bit of both.

• ashley

Added by ashley

if i had seen it without jodorowski's commentary... i'd probably be less confused about it