• Jeffrey Flam

★½ Watched by Jeffrey Flam 24 Nov, 2014

Jodorowsky is definitely a visionary director but I just did not get this film. I respect the effort and he is clearly aiming extremely high here....but I just did not get it. Tough sit for me.

• Robert Armitage

★★★★★ Watched by Robert Armitage 18 Nov, 2014

Entirely weird. Totally absurd, yet coherent. This film is amazing.

• Alberto Farina

★★★½ Watched by Alberto Farina 07 Nov, 2014

Jesus-like beggar goes through a series of adventures before an alchemist sends it to conquer the elusive secret of immortality. Jodorowsky's syncretic extravaganza is a powerful and constantly fascinating stream of visual ideas, over-the-top satire and shock value that could fuel entire careers of so-called visionary directors. Way more consistent than "El Topo", with an ultimately endearing balance between artistic ingenuity and naïveté.

• Shomanjo

★★★★ Watched by Shomanjo 16 Nov, 2014

Nothing makes sense, but everything is beautiful, the light is within you, and gold is made from poop.

Thank you for traveling the Holy Mountain express

• Jeff Broitman

★★★½ Watched by Jeff Broitman 11 Nov, 2014

Absolutely insane but packed to the brim with stunning visuals, Alejandro Jodarowsky's Holy Mountain is a surreal, consciously psychedelic melange of setpieces and concepts, loosely tied together by the skeleton of a plot regarding a Christ-like thief who joins forces with achetypical characters to scale the titular mountain where the Immortals reign over the universe.
    Or something like that. I can honestly write that the imagery in Holy Mountain is absurd, irreverent, blasphemous, offensive, self-indulgent, shocking, awe-inspiring, gorgeously composed, weird,…

• Rafael R.

★★★★ Added by Rafael R.

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Emmalee

★★★★ Watched by Emmalee 11 Nov, 2014

Think I broke my personal record for the most "WHAT THE FUCK"s used in 2 hours.

• mzeiss

★★★★ Watched by mzeiss 05 Nov, 2014

This film was so trippy and full of religious symbolism. It just makes me wonder what his version of Dune would've looked like. Now I'm kind of depressed.

View

• Kapten McAwesome ( Kevin Avery)

Added by Kapten McAwesome ( Kevin Avery)

There were some thins about this movie I liked, such as how it showed the Jesus character coming from a primitive thief who grunted And was violent wearing next to nothing than becoming enlightened. how the first thirty minutes of the movie there was very little dialog,

saying that, I don’t think this is going to be One of the movies I watch very often or again. I guess you could say I didn’t get this movie. I did like…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 04 Nov, 2014 1

This is one of the greatest films ever made.

• TicketHound11

★★★★★ Added by TicketHound11

This movie is excrement turned into gold.

• Francisco Zambrano

★★★★★ Added by Francisco Zambrano

There is an before and an after you see this movie. Life changing experience.

And its influence can be felt even today.