• ganjer09

★★★½ Watched by ganjer09 21 Oct, 2014

It has a slow build but the characters are interesting, there are some good scares, and the atmospheric vibe is spooky.

• shanderson88

★★★★½ Rewatched by shanderson88 21 Oct, 2014

I love second viewings of films so much.

I have had discussions with the occasional person who flat out refuses to revisit films, saying they could never sit through something again when they already know what happens, and I am the guy on the polar opposite end of the spectrum in this regard. Not only can I watch the same work again and again as long as it tickles my entertainment bone (no, not that, get your mind out of…

• Jason Alley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Alley 20 Oct, 2014 2

A flawless horror film. And even though there's nothing specifically "Halloween-y" about it, there is a definite autumnal vibe, making it excellent viewing this time of year.

• Ally Berry

★½ Added by Ally Berry

• Aaron King

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 19 Oct, 2014 1

A slow paced horror film that builds on tension as the film slowly lingers on creepy shots. My favorite scene is when she is dancing to One Thing and we as an audience are so caught up in her having fun but are dreading the fact that something bad is going to happen and then she breaks a lamp instead of someone scaring her. A solid horror film.

• Andy Summers

★★★ Watched by Andy Summers 19 Oct, 2014 8

FILM #9-HOOP-TOBER

My friend Todd Gaines has kicked my ass in Cine's October challenge. I never thought for one minute he'd get anywhere near 31 films in this spooky month, but as he nears the finish line I'm stuck many many films behind him ready to take a forfeit. I always had an inkling I'd struggle with this challenge, but thought due to the enthusiasm of the people involved that it was worth a punt despite me being a big…

• Nathan Anderson

★★★½ Added by Nathan Anderson

31 Days of Horror: #19

Accompanying Illustration:
    nathanandersonart.tumblr.com/post/100434991844/31-days-of-horror-19-film-the-house-of-the

I tried to have only one film per director for this list, but had to make an exception with Ti West. Great slow-burn style and excellent homage to 1980s horror. Nice and tense, with a focus on buildup and getting the audience to care about the characters.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 19 Oct, 2014

A fantastic slow burn retro 70's homage with a score to match. Tom Noonan manages to be both extremely creepy and awkwardly funny. AJ Bowan once again in a horror movie and once again solid with the limited time he is given. This movie really makes you wait for things to happen but I was never bored and the creeping around the old house is always tension building, I even like when she dances around the house. The use of…

• Anna

★★½ Watched by Anna 23 Sep, 2014

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★½ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 19 Oct, 2014

I thought this would be less scary if I had it on my phone in the background while I cleaned my kitchen on a sunny morning. Nope. Still terrifying.

• Peter Stanley

★★½ Watched by Peter Stanley 18 Oct, 2014

• Lise

★★★★ Watched by Lise 03 Oct, 2014 4

I'm kicking myself. I didn't review this immediately after watching and I forgot to write down notes. I am particularly angry about this because I adored this film. I loved everything about it. It is exactly what I like in a suspenseful horror film, because it is more about what could happen than what does happen. The entire first half has our young woman babysitting an elderly lady (or at least thinking that is what she is doing) and hearing…