• michael hand

★★★★½ Watched by michael hand 09 Feb, 2016

This is one of the most nerve-shredding exhilarating movies out there. The acting is just perfect, I have nothing bad to say about it. The characters are great and the sets are even better. The movie is comprised mainly around a lot of heart stopping thrill-rides of bomb defusal scenarios. The movie never ceases to interest me and even when nothing is happening my heart was pounding in my chest. AT times the movie has some strange pacing issues but to be honest its the only bad thing I can say about this movie. Everything else is just sheer perfection and a sheer joy to witness.

• Dan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan 06 Feb, 2016

Staff Sergeant William James: Well, everyone's a coward about something, you know?

Academy Awards, 2010

-Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score

• Cami

★★★★ Rewatched by Cami 06 Feb, 2016

A+ directing by Bigelow.

Renner reminds me of this racist I had to briefly work with, so I hate looking at his face. Sorry. Good acting, though.

• Ian

★★★★★ Watched by Ian 04 Feb, 2016 1

My friends cousin won the best editing Oscar for this.

• dzimej

★★★★★ Rewatched by dzimej 03 Feb, 2016

Masterpiece filmmaking.

• Matt Tazbin

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Tazbin 02 Feb, 2016

A brilliant and unique look at the war in the Middle East. Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie are Phenomenal in this film. Beautiful cinematography and an incredible score. I can't believe I never saw this in theaters. It's a Must See!

• Bethany

★★★★ Rewatched by Bethany 31 Jan, 2016

I really cannot explain why I like this movie so much. I generally hate war movies and tales of masculinity are not typically my favorite thing. But for whatever reason I find myself extremely fascinated and compelled by this one. I'm going to say it's on Kathryn Bigelow's excellent directing.

• J

★★★ Rewatched by J 31 Jan, 2016

62/100

• HannibalChew

★★★ Watched by HannibalChew 28 Jan, 2016

If Paul Greengrass told Barry Ackroyd: just throw in a zoom or two every five seconds, alright? you'd get the style in this movie.

Bigelow is good with suspense and action though, and the whole thing is seemingly devoid of american propaganda, which is a plus, though it ends basically saying: enlist, it's cool! And Renner is pretty good, it's a shame he keeps getting crammed in these summer blockbuster franchises.

• Mark Boszko

★★★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 30 Jan, 2016

I'm not a usually fan of military films, but Kathryn Bigelow makes it thrilling and crazy and touching, and it's everything that the macho bullshit Black Hawk Down wished it could be.

• Ray

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ray 29 Jan, 2016

Still the best BP winner since... Well, since No Country for Old Men, but still, one of the very best imo. I'm on my like fifth or sixth watch and at this point I'm still appreciating the things I like a lot as I always have, the really excellent cinematography and performances and really fascinating take on both the kind of people who become soldiers and the specifics of the current climate that's developed them. The thing I really liked…

• Gerardo Dávila