• Miguel Oliveira

★★★★½ Added by Miguel Oliveira

"War is a drug", it's a really good quote because it portrays this movie so well, being in a war is not good, but some thrive on it, they become heroes in situations of great danger, they don't fear the consequences.
    Jeremy Renner plays a huge role on this movie and does it very well (I'd say it's his best performance so far). The suspense moments in this movie are so intense that makes us sense that danger is constant the entire movie. Also, I deeply enjoyed Marco Beltrami's score. One of my favorite movies!

• George Machin

★★★★ Watched by George Machin 11 Dec, 2014

Having admired and adored Kathryn Bigelow's later work, Zero Dark Thirty I came to The Hurt Locker with high expectations. These expectations were mostly met. The Hurt Locker is a grimly realistic and engrossing war film that puts you right into the action and never lets up.

The competency of the filmmaking is very apparent with every sequence being so perfectly paced and filmed. While ultimately just a sequence of different scenarios that the bomb squad goes through in the…

• sarahmoyer

★★★★★ Added by sarahmoyer

One of my favorites. I am a fan of war films and this seemed to accurately portray the setting and experiences of the characters. Stressful at times, which helped draw the viewer into the situations further.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 30 Oct, 2009

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• nickgraz95

Added by nickgraz95

7.5/10. Good but overrated

• Brett Marcus Cook

★★★★½ Watched by Brett Marcus Cook 30 Nov, 2014

WHOA. That's about all I can say about this movie right now. Really intense. Anthony Mackie and Jeremy Renner are fantastic. I love the overall lack of any real plot or character arcs. Powerful stuff. Time to go watch a bunch of other Kathryn Bigelow movies.

• Isaiah Bull

★★★★½ Rewatched by Isaiah Bull 28 Nov, 2014

I like Jeremy Renner in this, he's a cool dude. He's got an explosive attitude.

• eXtreme eVolution

★★★½ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 26 Nov, 2010

Intense and full of suspense. It feels like reality TV on war, but having a wild guy on the team is impractical in real life and puts the team at risk. The film's too long, but gives a decent insight into the uglies of war.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 20 Mar, 2010

There are many masterful setpieces in this film, tense and emotionally stressful. Iraq is not a good place to be, and the film shows how strange the war actually is, and the paranoia soldiers face there. That said, it wasn't always easy to connnect to the characters, and the film gave me the doldrums each time character's backgrounds were being explored.

• Kel

★★★★½ Watched by Kel 30 Oct, 2014

Incredible film. The cinematography and editing work perfectly for the subject. It feels more like a documentary than a fiction film, and Renner's performance is thrilling.

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

amazing.

• lantio

★★★★½ Watched by lantio 17 Oct, 2014

Kathryn Bigelow's The Hurt Locker is an intense and powerful war film. With great performances from Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, and Brian Geraghty, this film is not to be missed! I highly recommend The Hurt Locker!