• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 20 Mar, 2010

There are many masterful setpieces in this film, tense and emotionally stressful. Iraq is not a good place to be, and the film shows how strange the war actually is, and the paranoia soldiers face there. That said, it wasn't always easy to connnect to the characters, and the film gave me the doldrums each time character's backgrounds were being explored.

• Kel

★★★★½ Watched by Kel 30 Oct, 2014

Incredible film. The cinematography and editing work perfectly for the subject. It feels more like a documentary than a fiction film, and Renner's performance is thrilling.

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

amazing.

• lantio

★★★★½ Watched by lantio 17 Oct, 2014

Kathryn Bigelow's The Hurt Locker is an intense and powerful war film. With great performances from Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, and Brian Geraghty, this film is not to be missed! I highly recommend The Hurt Locker!

• TenshiMVP

½ Added by TenshiMVP

G.I. Joes is more realistic than this piece of shit. The most overrated military film of all time.

• mvras Mikkel Vang Rasmussen

★★★★ Watched by mvras Mikkel Vang Rasmussen 15 Oct, 2014

Probably the best film I have seen on the war in Iraq. There are some absolutely great moments that just capture you in excitement. The main character (Jeremy Renner ) got on my nerves big time, though, so that does influence the total in a negative way. The combat scene where the nervous rookie has to make a big decision is most likely what I remember most clearly from the film. The acting is great and as a viewer you believe what each person tries to tell you.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

A propaganda film by Kathryn Bigelow to impress the Washington and Pentagon guys!

• The Spenc

★★★½ Watched by The Spenc 08 Oct, 2014

Once again, this a film of which I cant find any flaws. Still, it did not get under my skin.I do admit though that the more I rationalize what I saw, the more stars I will want to award it, so I ll stop at 3,5

• hockeyfan15

★★★★★ Watched by hockeyfan15 24 Sep, 2014

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME.

During the 2009 Oscars, I was rooting for Avatar; not even knowing about the POWERHOUSE that was The Hurt Locker. It deserved every bit of it's Best Picture Award. Jeremy Renner is brilliant, so is Anthony Mackie, and so is this film.

• ndoane

★★★★ Rewatched by ndoane 03 Oct, 2014

Turns out I had a lot of the same thoughts I had the first time. I still like the movie, but watching it a week after Zero Dark Thirty, it focuses my love for ZDT even more.

• Antonio Sánchez

★★★★★ Added by Antonio Sánchez

Una película casi perfecta. Katherin Bigelow nos hace un regalo a la vista con una película que nos enseña la adicción de un desactivador de bombas destinado en Irak al vivir en tensión constante en la guerra. Una película de las que te hacen pensar. Justa ganadora de los Oscars de 2010.

• Adam Cadre