• ArizonaJim

★★★½ Added by ArizonaJim

Kathyrn Bigelow’s early films show a real talent trying to express itself – you couldn’t say they were successful, but they were always interesting, if often slightly frenzied in their failures. But then I haven’t seen that many of her films since Point Break: K-19 was a disappointing big, professional and slightly anonymous movie. The Hurt Locker got a lot of praise, but I missed it when it came out and have only just caught up with it. I was…

• Kevin Riegle

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin Riegle 03 May, 2016

#222 THE HURT LOCKER - Top notch suspense and action. Amazing visuals and impact on the explosions. #DLMChallenge #366Movies #366Days

• andypols

★★★★ Watched by andypols 02 May, 2016

I know, very late to this party. Bigelow delivers a gripping bomb-disposal thriller which both explores and celebrates the self-destructive nihilism of its military antiheroes (possibly a little too preposterously at times). The camera work is superb - transporting you to Iraq and you feel right in middle of the the explosive world of bomb disposal.

• Ferg

★★★★ Rewatched by Ferg 03 May, 2016

A tense look at masculinity during wartime. Expertly made with great performances from Renner and Mackie. Minor flaws aside, the Hurt Locker is a solid character piece.

• Snooze00

★★½ Watched by Snooze00 30 Apr, 2016

Got this on blue ray but i dont know why. I didnt hate it but gees its so far up its own ass. Peformances where so unrealistic to me. Left me hollow inside. Definately not a worthy oscar winner but yeah who cares anyway. Its A for effort but this is no saving private ryan. IMO

• TheMovieVampire

★★★★ Watched by TheMovieVampire 16 Jul, 2009

The highly respected critic Manohla Dargis began her recent New York Times profile of the filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow by saying: “The take on Kathryn Bigelow is that she is a great female director of muscular action movies… sometimes, more simply, she’s called a great female director. But here’s a radical thought: She is, simply, a great filmmaker.” The double standard which Dargis points out is well stated, but I would never go so far as to call Bigelow a “great…

• Lucca Westphal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucca Westphal 29 Apr, 2016

MAIS BOMBÁSTICO AINDA DO QUE NA PRIMEIRA VEZ QUE ASSISTI

• klosteris

★★★★★ Added by klosteris

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Luke Evans

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Evans 19 Apr, 2016

Another film watched for my Arab representation class. Nowhere near as bad as American Sniper, but also not as good as I remember it being when it came out. The cinematography is fantastic and the acting is passable but it gets a little bit redundant after a while. They could've cut half an hour off this thing easily.

As far as its representation of the war and Arabs, it's not the worst offender but it definitely has some issues. Here's…

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 26 Aug, 2009

The best film of the year? I think so.

• nanna

Watched by nanna 17 Apr, 2016

terrible!

• Sander

★★★★ Watched by Sander 07 Apr, 2016

#52filmsbywomen

Film 19: The Hurt Locker

The Hurt Locker is a very thrilling movie. As a viewer you get dragged from thrilling moment to thrilling moment. From climax to climax. Therefore, the movie is really exciting. The actors do their job by give their charcters a bit of humanity.