• Gex

★★★½ Added by Gex

Rating would be higher, but reading about the things the film did wrong from a military standpoint (how soldiers operate in those situations in general) kinda ruined my enjoyment of the movie a tad. Still an intense as hell movie that drips with tension unlike any other film I've seen before.

• BequeathLedger

★★★★ Watched by BequeathLedger 19 Jul, 2014

Im really impressed by the intensity of this film without much actual gunfire. Most all war movies I know get a lot of excitement and intensity from loud noises from gunfire and explosions. This kinda of other side of warfare was really interesting to watch: defusing bombs. Jeremy Renner really played his part well and I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

• Catherine Cat

★★★★★ Rewatched by Catherine Cat 11 Jul, 2014

Just a fantastic film

• Garrett Irwin

★★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• InSession Film

★★★★½ Watched by InSession Film 08 Jul, 2014

I like this film a lot, but not as much as the film awards out there. It's a fascinating story though and the acting is great.

• Ned Gilmore

★★★★½ Watched by Ned Gilmore 06 Jul, 2014

Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal bring an ultra-realism to their bard-of-the-modern-warrior filmmaking that destroys me every time. In a genre that is otherwise entirely dominated by decades of utter BS, they're a window into something that makes you feel like it's only a few beats removed from real thing.

• Rachel

★★★½ Watched by Rachel 02 Jul, 2014

An enjoyable and well acted war film. Don't think it's quite worthy of the almost universal praise it has received but it is enjoyable all the same.

• zubinmoosa

★★★★ Rewatched by zubinmoosa 28 May, 2014

Bigelow orchestrates a few masterful sequences here - the opening sequence w/Guy Pearce, the sniper battle, the disarming in the middle of the street - that turn the tension screws past bearable levels. Boal's script is solid, and attempts to get at the psychological issues that a soldier must have to be good at (and even relish) a job like Renner's. The third act diversion into the town is still problematic for me, and seems to come out of nowhere, but the coda brings thing back full circle in such poignant fashion that it isn't a diversion so much as a speed bump.

• Gui Park

★★★½ Watched by Gui Park 02 Jul, 2014

Her movie is really really long, but I never bored of it.
    Rough and Intense.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

The film I hope become's synonymous with the war against terror.

• chujus

★★★½ Added by chujus

Supposedly realistic, I still felt it idolized America and vice versa Iraq a bit too much, but that's just the message. The movie and especially the characters, were great.

• John Money

★★★½ Rewatched by John Money 24 Jun, 2014

"But you realize every time you suit up, every time we go out, it's life or death. You roll the dice, and you deal with it. You recognize that don't you?"