• Adam Cadre

★★½ Watched by Adam Cadre 17 Dec, 2010

• Elijah Davidson

★★★½ Rewatched by Elijah Davidson 15 Sep, 2014

Back in 2008, I saw this as a double-feature with Moon. It should have been one of the best double-feature experiences ever. Unfortunately, this was the night after my heart was broken as badly as it was ever broken. So, instead, these two great films only served as able distractions from my pain. On the other hand, only two films as good as those two could have possibly distracted me that night, so I suppose I should consider their co-release a grace.

It holds up on second viewing, though if I have to compare Bigelow/Boal war-on-terror films, I have to go with Zero Dark Thirty.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 15 Jan, 2010

It's not easy to digest at first but The Hurt Locker is definitely a great film. It was the result of a magnificent and perfectly executed directorial work by Kathryn Bigelow. Filled with tension and absolute nerve, this was a masterfully shot and edited picture that benefited also from solid writing and a fine cast.

Undoubtedly the greatest film that has been made or will ever been made about the Iraq War, it also functions as a thoughtful and compelling…

• mdh

★★★½ Rewatched by mdh 09 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sir Azid Ahmad

★★★★★ Watched by Sir Azid Ahmad 01 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Alex Krajci

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 05 Sep, 2014

I Like 2009's The Hurt Locker, I Like It Because Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci Like War Films.

• Mandalorian

★★★★½ Added by Mandalorian

How incredible is The Hurt Locker? What I like most about Independent films is how much they tend to surprise the audience and become classics. The Hurt Locker is no exception. It kicks off with a meaningful little quote that ends in one of the most powerful lines that i have ever read in a movie, "war is a drug." Throughout the course of the film we find out just how much of a drug war can become. Like drugs,…

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

The performances are good but Jeremy Renner and this movie are overatted.

• Paul Kapsalis

★★ Watched by Paul Kapsalis 30 Aug, 2014

Hey,guys in Academy what's wrong with you?How this film can be better than Inglourious Basterds?How this movie can be better than District 9.Man,even Avatar was better than this.At least James Cameron's film was a visual experience.That was a sleepy experience.Where is the tension??WHERE IS THE TENSION????

• AlecinRealLife

★★★★½ Watched by AlecinRealLife 26 Aug, 2014

I was definitely not expecting to like this movie this much. Just really suspenseful in so many scenes, Jeremy Renner is so great. I love how they wait so long to really elucidate his character. It really hones in on the soldiers and not any politics, for which I think it's a stronger movie.

• dr_exploitation

★★★½ Watched by dr_exploitation 12 Mar, 2010

UCI Arrábida 20
    Price: 4€40

• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★ Watched by Sherhan Mahmud 11 Aug, 2014

Holy crap, this movie was energetically insane. Though, it's kind of movie i would see once but, still great.