• JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 19 Dec, 2013

Online

• sinreglaniborra

★★½ Watched by sinreglaniborra 22 Apr, 2015

because i didn't like zero dark thirty that much, i guess it was only logical that the hurt locker wouldn't blow my mind neither (no pun intended). this was another classic american hero where mavericks get the job done and the ones who don't take the risks get shot. except for anthony mackie, characters aren't relatable, turning improbables, at times. i liked the sound editing on this, but i think i've heard much better examples.

not saying this is a bad movie at all, but like they did with american sniper, its merit was blown out of proportion.

• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★★½ Rewatched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 18 Apr, 2015

Oh, it's a heartbreaking, devastating portrait on the hurt nerds go through when they get stuffed in lockers... right? My lame jokes aside, this film is a whole lot cooler than that, and its coolness is augmented, like, twentyfold based on its being a cool war drama made by a woman. There is a feminist irony in Kathryn Bigelow's making this gritty, visceral war thriller around the same time her ex-husband was making a sci-fi war film with environmental messages…

• Mischka

★★ Watched by Mischka 12 Apr, 2015

I think this movie suffers from the all too common "It shouldn't have won, it's not THAT good" effect of winning Best Picture. Plus, having watched it a day after Band of Brothers I was in no mood for Iraq war ambiguity. That said, this didn't feel like a movie, and I don' think that's a good thing here. It felt like it lacked any sort of arc or structure. It came from and went nowhere. And many of the…

• BobbyG

½ Watched by BobbyG 16 Apr, 2015

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. After watching this monstrosity I wanted to go back to Iraq and play in a minefield. Technically, tactically, and historically this movie was flawed. The only good thing I can say is that the way it was filmed was good, beyond that I despised this movie.

• Yumin Ha

★★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

nice

• mturk17

★★★★★ Added by mturk17

great movie

• JodorowskysJazz

★★★ Added by JodorowskysJazz

I am slowly attaining a flavor for Katheryn Bigelow's films. I find these few traits similar in all her films so far; all her protagonist are headstrong (assholes), she has a talent and a style for action sequences that gives a certain authenticity that other films lack, and (despite sometimes being telegraphed at times) her suspense game is great.

All that aside. I really enjoyed this a good deal more than Zero Dark Thirty. This film had a bit more…

• skype jonze

★★ Watched by skype jonze 06 Apr, 2015

jeremy renner is actually a decent actor, huh.
    this film lasted 15 hours.

• Laura Martín

★★★ Added by Laura Martín

No es mala, pero sí insustancial. Si queréis ver algo más decente sobre el conflicto de Irak, echadle un vistazo a 'Redacted', de Brian de Palma.

• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

Kathryn Bigelow, the first woman ever to win the Academy Award for achievement in directing, forges great attention to detail in this film. Composition, pacing, psychological insight and the perverse beauty of a scarred landscape coalesce into a riveting war drama. The Hurt Locker is the best dramatization ever made about the Iraq War, and also the most exciting. It seems so real that you can almost feel the sand on your lips. Your nerves are shot after the first…

• Jamie Senft

★★★★ Watched by Jamie Senft 22 Mar, 2015

It was a very good war picture that was clear and intense but nothing too ground breaking.