• Chris

★★★★ Watched by Chris 27 Feb, 2015

OK, I get it now. Jeremy Renner can actually act so it makes sense he got all those parts over the last few years. It doesn't explain why he's pants in all of them though.
    Stand out for me was Mr Mackie. Dude had me feeling for him 100% when he had his breakdown in the car.

• Jonas Sveningsson

★★½ Watched by Jonas Sveningsson 24 Feb, 2015

Mer filosofisk än jag trodde. Osammanhängande.

• Dave Sloboda

★★★★★ Added by Dave Sloboda

Wonderfully intense film. It's rare to see such a small, focused scope when it comes to war films...this one pulls it off brilliantly. Great performances, excellent direction. I was very pleased when this one took home Best Picture.

• Collykibber

★★★ Rewatched by Collykibber 23 Feb, 2015

I thought I would be marking the film down from my original rating but 3 stars feels right. The episodes are interesting but they diminsh in impact even as the movie starts to recognise that Renner's James needs to start acting like he cares about other people for us to care about him.

I can recall the freshness that the film had so I'm wondering if the reassessment of wars that usually follow through art has placed this film in…

• VitruvianTheMan

★★½ Watched by VitruvianTheMan 07 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

For a film that won Best Picture at the Oscars (not to mention earning director Kathryn Bigelow the honor of being the first female Best Director winner), this film performed fairly abysmally at the box office. Given how prevalent that dark, gritty morally-ambivalent dramas have become in popular culture, how was it that this film got left by the wayside? Well, while the film does have its moments of brilliance, it takes the unfortunate misstep of ending up halfway between…

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

An excellent tense and suspenseful movie which follows Jeremy Renner as a bomb disposal expert in the Iraq war. Not a job I'd like

• Vinicius Oliveira

★★★★ Watched by Vinicius Oliveira 19 Feb, 2015

If you do not consider that they are grown boys playing with their toys on a huge and desert playground, laughing with friends, then this film is spectacular.
    It lacks of sense of reality, but overall, it's ok.

• Robert Nolan

★★★★ Watched by Robert Nolan 16 Feb, 2015

A thrilling movie with something to say about war. The performances are excellent especially from Jeremy Renner.

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 17 Feb, 2015

Ganhou o Oscar e talz, mas n vi tudo isso, e olha que revi ele algumas vezes.

Esses filmes com uma pegada patriota sempre ganham um espaço na academia. O filme eh muito bom e bem impactante, pelo fator de uma guerra explicita.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 16 Feb, 2015

The cast is fantastic. Renner does his best work ever here, and this is really pretty easily the most range we've seen from him before or since. I can't help but joke about a documentary-style ending scroll that says, "Jeremy Renner went on to star as a dour, stoic secret agent in 20 straight films." It works for him and he always does a pretty great job, but after seeing this I can't help but wish we saw this kind…

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 16 Feb, 2015

Couldn't stay awake during my first watch but now I sat throught it and I appreciate it way more this time around.

Realistic, flawless acting and great cinematography - Bigelow's intimacy with the camera blew me away. I had issues with the shaky cam at first but it leveled out, thankfully.

Solid war flick.

• Daniel Meschter

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Meschter

Half a decade into the Iraq War, we got the one unequivocal masterpiece from nearly nine years of blood and treasure. Bigelow's direction and Boal's script are a duo matched only by this film's central performances by Renner, Mackie, and Geraghty. Finally, its individual sequences are more adrenaline-soaked then most action movies - the sniper battle alone outshines whole movies about snipers (looking at you, Enemy at the Gates).

Look, I saw this film for the first time in 480p with Norwegian subtitles and still thought it was a goddamn masterpiece.