• Jason Bally

★★★★ Added by Jason Bally

Pretty intense and pretty damn good.

• Lucas Marmol

★★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 28 Nov, 2015

the last half was certainly a lot more effective than the first, but it was never compelling as I thought it would be given the praises I heard about the direction and its unpolitical nature. And oh, the camera work is just bad.

• Lena

★★★★ Watched by Lena 26 Nov, 2015

I. Loved. It. There's something about war movies that makes them so gripping. I could watch them for hours & this one is no exception. You go, Kathryn Bigelow.

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Watched by William Kretschmer 06 Nov, 2014

During the Iraq War, a Sergeant recently assigned to an army bomb squad is put at at odds with his squad mates due to his maverick way of handling his work.
    Complex and insightful study of men at war with a more timeless message than focusing on the specifics of the Iraq war.

• Paul Reese

★★★★½ Added by Paul Reese

Kathryn Bigelow's "The Hurt Locker" rightfully avoids being a political war film in the vein of many synonymous pictures released throughout the aughts that focus in on the soldiers in the Middle East. Throwing sentiminentality out the window and letting the sand-scorched grit define her characters' scenarios, Bigelow finds intensity in her action by not playing for cheap thrills or familar techniques. Baring all falsehood and giving us a new breed of superhero archtype defined, most powerfully, with an exit rock song beating like an anthem to its tragedy-laced main character.

• brandon capfly

★★★★½ Watched by brandon capfly 11 Nov, 2015

kathryn bigelow takes on masculinity and death in a more compelling way than anyone else. damn.

• Aaron Martin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron Martin 11 Nov, 2015

Continues to be the most tense movie I've seen. It's really remarkable how essentially we just hop from set piece to set piece at a rapid pace. There are a few moments to take a breather and settle yourself, but those are very sparse. Bigelow does a great job of mining each scene to all its depths while still making everything seem completely believable and tangible within this world. All three of our main guys are stellar as well. We're…

• Ibrahimrehan

★★★★½ Added by Ibrahimrehan

The hurt locker is an excellent film capturing the life of a veteran and the detachment he feels from the world after the war, it's like the whole prespective of the world shifts right in front of him and he is emotionally blank , i have to say it deserves it's best picture oscar

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• 24thhero

★★★★½ Added by 24thhero

One of the strongest films of the year, raw, realistic to a fault and with an excellent lead in Jeremy Renner. The real hero in this production is Kathryn Bigelow and her fearless direction. She does not create a vivid, pleasant to watch film. To some it may seem monotonous, but it depicts the ugliness of war, so she does not want to impress, but solely to tell the story of her character. One of the most memorable war films of all time.

• Carly

★★★★ Added by Carly

I like this movie, this movie has lot of close up actions and it has a lot of behind the scenes of what really happens when people are fighting. I also love how you can feel the feelings that they are feeling, you can see the emotions and understand how they will feel or how a lot of people feel when they have to be at war

• Andrew

★★★ Rewatched by Andrew 05 Oct, 2015

So this movie gets tons of praise and has received quite a few rewards. With that being said, there's a decent amount of good and bad on my end.

The movie has a pretty small core cast, whom most of which were low key or relatively unknown at the time. Minus Guy Pearce, who gets about 8 minutes of screen time. Either way, the choice of cast fit pretty nicely, and they all do a fairly good and convincing job…