• Chris Krajci

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Krajci 03 Aug, 2015

'The Hurt Locker' has been ripped off to death at this point, but it was the first to do a lot of what it does and still stands out among the other 'middle-east conflict' sub-genre films.

For a film that seems so routed in reality, there's two moments that take me out of that. That's really it's only flaw.

• Thirdmango

★★★★★ Watched by Thirdmango 02 Aug, 2015

When I started my night, I didn't expect to watch The Hurt Locker and I especially didn't expect to love it. In fact I didn't even expect to like it. I was not a big fan of Zero Dark Thirty and expected to not be a fan of this and so I had no plans to ever watch it. But then tonight after watching a couple different types of movies I saw this film and thought why not? And when…

• Vincent Briscoe

★★★½ Watched by Vincent Briscoe 01 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Before I get into anything else, I just want to say that this film is beautiful. It's shot on 16mm, which effectively makes it feel more immersive and gritty. It's exciting because most of these kinds of films (even right after this, Zero Dark Thirty) would be shot digitally. The 1.85:1 aspect ratio makes it feel like real life, furthering immersion. The camera is constantly moving and zooming, but Bigelow is smart enough in her direction to hold on important…

• RJSit10

★★★ Added by RJSit10

The Hurt Locker's message comes in the final five minutes and 2 lines of the film. It takes a long time to get there, and we are not particularly moved, because the guy is such a Asshole we are just glad to be rid of him.

I give it the 4 stars for creating a complete world and not explaining it too much (though the script is awkward in places, particularly in the beginning where men in a specific small…

• luis reséndiz

★★★½ Watched by luis reséndiz 23 Jul, 2015

conmovedora película que cuenta cómo se conocieron hawkeye y falcon durante la guerra de irak.

* * *

ya fuera de pedo: padre cosa ─increíblemente bien actuada, con una cinematografía fabulosa y mucha textura, muy rugosa, semidocumental─, pero viéndola en perspectiva ─junto a american sniper y zero dark thirty─ siento que estoy viendo la misma pinche película acerca de la "obsesión" con la guerra. discursivamente, pues, me parece que hacen en conjunto cierto malabar retórico para justificar las putas invasiones. no puedo evitar cansarme un poco.

• Rashid

Added by Rashid

Bigelow sure knows how to build tension and then release it in spectacular fashion. There wasn't a more exciting sequence in film in 2009 then that opening roadside bomb explosion. Renner's pretty compelling to watch too. His war addiction is pretty disturbing, and it would have been interesting if Bigelow had explored that a little more.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

The Hurt Locker really shows the terror and darkness of war and there are some great performances by Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie.

• Ruhi

★★★★ Added by Ruhi

Did very well to represent war life in its truest sense as well as the addictive adrenaline-pumping lifestyle that these men become accustomed to. A must watch for anyone intrigued by the life of a soldier in action.

• PhilParma

★★★ Added by PhilParma

A decent study on masculinity and autonomy. Nice script--but I have no idea why Kathryn Bigelow deserved an Oscar for this...using a high speed camera isn't that impressive. and SHAKY CAM + STACCATO ZOOMING MEANS STUFF IS HAPPENING

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★★ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Bombs are scary

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Watched by Jamie Rogers 10 Jul, 2015

Not deserving of the highest of praises it was given at the Academy Awards of 2008, but still an intense and gripping war film with some fantastic performances.

• Daniel

★★★½ Watched by Daniel 13 Jul, 2015 2

Sehr spannend und sehr amerikanisch. Dabei ist es fraglos der Klasse von Frau Bigelow zu verdanken, dass der Film nicht ins unerträglich patriotische Terrain abgleitet. Allein für Hinterhalt-Szene in der Wüste hat sie den Oscar verdient.