• Elijah Davidson

★★★★½ Watched by Elijah Davidson 18 Dec, 2014

“What the modern movie lacks is beauty,” said D.W. Griffith, “the beauty of the moving wind in the trees.”

I wish Griffith had been able to see Ang Lee.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Watched by bulletproofQpid 07 Dec, 2014

"To find yourself in the negative zone, as the Fantastic Four often do, means all every day assumptions are inverted. Even the Invisible Girl herself becomes visible and so she loses the last semblance of her power. It seems to me that everyone exists partially on a negative zone level, some people more than others. In your life, it's kind of like you dip in and out of it, a place where things don't quite work out the way they…

• Nate Gass

★★★★½ Watched by Nate Gass 29 Nov, 2014

Can We Still Be Friends? Podcast Episode 17: www.canwestillbefriends.net/ep-17-ice-storm/

• Chris Lay

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Lay 27 Nov, 2014

A Thanksgiving tradition.

• Matthew Lingo

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Lingo 21 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Lee Towler

★★★½ Watched by Lee Towler 21 Nov, 2014

Ang Lee is someone who has progressively and unnoticeably impressed me as a versatile filmmaker throughout exploring his catalogue. So far I have seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (one of my favourites!), Hulk, Lust Caution, Taking Woodstock, Life of Pi and now his family drama The Ice Storm.

For the most part he's a pretty stellar filmmaker, I even like his experimental approach to Hulk. The only film of his I dislike really being his hippy comedy Taking Woodstock that…

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★½ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 20 Nov, 2014

So devastating and so beautiful.

• Brennnan

★★★★½ Added by Brennnan 2

Mad Men before Mad Men.

• Zarja99

★★★½ Watched by Zarja99 13 Nov, 2014

Ang Lee is a director that can pull off many different genres and he doesn't disappoint with this one. Set in the 70s in suburban Connecticut this family drama cuts between the lives of two neighbouring couples and their children, each searching for their own form of escape.

• Sven Rump

★★★★★ Watched by Sven Rump 25 Oct, 2014 2

A darkly comic and brilliantly written - as well as acted - take on seventies American suburbia during and/or around the era of Nixon's downfall.

Ang Lee's The Ice Storm is a brilliant piece of work that is a expertly structured story revolving around the Thanksgiving holiday that always needs to be happy but so often really isn't.

The story, which really is more of a canvas for a wide range of emotions and actions to be displayed by all…

• Carlos

★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★★ Watched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 18 Oct, 2014

"The Ice Storm Cometh"! Man, this is an awesome title, so maybe Ang Lee is finally embracing his Chinese roots and doing an honest-to-goodness martial arts action film... right? I guess someone saw "Ride with the Devil" after all, and figured that Lee was capable of doing action films like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", because he's always done these kind of intimate, human dramas, even when he had to start appealing to the ignorant Americans. You Brits had your turn…