• Michael Matthews

★★½ Added by Michael Matthews

Really compelling but very ending makes us realize how little room there is for nuance in a film that wants to be liked but depicts unlikable, shallow characters. Great director/producer(s). Not a great film.

• Dave

★★★★★ Added by Dave

I'm always weary of picking a single film out as my favorite of all time. I just don't find that process fair. However, if I were pressed to quickly think of a particular movie that would come close to nabbing that prestigious title, "The Ice Storm" is it.

Everything about it is perfect.

The editing: Not a single shot in this film does not belong here. The story flows seamlessly.

The score: So melancholy, tearful, and genuine. Oh, that flute…

• Evan Cogswell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Evan Cogswell 18 Jan, 2015

A near perfect tragedy.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott D'Agostino 17 Jan, 2015

Great melodrama with great performances from the whole cast.

• Beto Meza

★★ Watched by Beto Meza 14 Sep, 2014

Es increíble como el paso del tiempo ha hecho de las suyas en este filme. A pesar de todo, la actuación de Joan Allen sigue completamente intacta y destacando por el encima del talentoso, pero desperdiciado reparto.

• april

★★★★ Watched by april 08 Jan, 2015

Gosh, I love Ang Lee...

• Greg Wright

★★★ Watched by Greg Wright 05 Jan, 2015

Now this is one for the whole family! A good way to break the ice for the conversations to your kids about relationships and sexuality.

• Jørgen Alvestad

★★★★ Watched by Jørgen Alvestad 02 Jan, 2015

Ang Lee is really starting to become one of my absolute favorite directors. There's something very philosophical about his movies that I really like. And I don't mean just plotwise, but in the way they're filmed. It's almost like film poetry.

• Jacob deNobel

Watched by Jacob deNobel 22 Dec, 2014

What if American Beauty was good. An outsider's look at an American time-period he missed out on. An amazing cast and some great drama and comedy bring this thing together with some understated performances. Love that the themes are explicitly stated through the use of comic book analogy.

• Elijah Davidson

★★★★½ Watched by Elijah Davidson 18 Dec, 2014

“What the modern movie lacks is beauty,” said D.W. Griffith, “the beauty of the moving wind in the trees.”

I wish Griffith had been able to see Ang Lee.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Watched by bulletproofQpid 07 Dec, 2014

"To find yourself in the negative zone, as the Fantastic Four often do, means all every day assumptions are inverted. Even the Invisible Girl herself becomes visible and so she loses the last semblance of her power. It seems to me that everyone exists partially on a negative zone level, some people more than others. In your life, it's kind of like you dip in and out of it, a place where things don't quite work out the way they…

• Nate Gass

★★★★½ Watched by Nate Gass 29 Nov, 2014

Can We Still Be Friends? Podcast Episode 17: www.canwestillbefriends.net/ep-17-ice-storm/