• Jordan Mackay

★★★½ Watched by Jordan Mackay 23 Mar, 2015

I feel like Kevin Kline never quite had the career he deserved.

• kateera

★★★½ Watched by kateera 12 Mar, 2015

i... liked this movie? not really sure tbh but sigourney was rly hot

• alex

Watched by alex 12 Mar, 2015

idek how I feel about this ,,,,,,,,, sigourney looked good but honestly the 90s were trash

• David Germer

★★★ Watched by David Germer 25 Feb, 2015

American Beauty...

except on a grander scale, with subtext, subtlety, and nuance, and shot much more beautifully.

• Matt

★★★ Watched by Matt 25 Feb, 2015

If you are familiar with any typical modern family dealing with coming-of-age, affairs, and life crisis' there isn't anything new here expect a stellar cast with Kevin Kline and Cristina Ricchi being the scene-stealers. Ang Lee does a good job with the direction and it ties up nicely but I just didn't really connect.

• No-Personality

★★★★½ Watched by No-Personality 01 Mar, 2015

Sex and ice. Simple. Awkward. Poignant. Often beautiful.

#90 in my 99 90's Movies month. (Which isn't a month anymore. But, I'm borrowing Nuno Costa's idea like video game bonus points to reshape it into a project that will span however long it takes me to get to 99. Plus, I do have Magic March coming up, so, I have decent incentive to break the rules.)

• airolg

★★★★ Added by airolg

To me it seems like the inspiration for American beauty. A lot of the same character traits and themes line up. Both is about bored suburban families dealing with issues about love and sex.

I could write a 2-page analysis comparing the two, but I'm lazy.
    I found a link to a very thorough comparison here:

(((SPOILER ALERT- do not reach the bottom half of the page)))
    cla.calpoly.edu/cla/legacies/rsimon/rsimonsite/hum410/IceSAmeBchart.htm

Also, it has Tobey Maguire, chick who played Wednesday Adams, and Elijah Wood in it so you know it's good.

• theactualjase

★★★★★ Watched by theactualjase 21 Feb, 2015

This is a stunning film about the icy (see what I did there) relationships between husbands and wives, sons and daughters, and friends. I was so so impressed by Joan Allen - I remember being blown away by her performance in Pleasantville and this performance is just as good, if not better as a housewife dealing with the realisation that her husband is having an affair. Kevin Kline is incredible as the husband also. It's such a beautiful looking film…

• pretzelhearts

★★★★★ Added by pretzelhearts

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★½ Watched by Kurt Fabisch 13 Feb, 2015

Watched The Ice Storm for the first time

I thought it was great!

Such a great cast in this thing. Sigourney Weaver, maybe my favourite non-Ripley performance of hers.

Kevin Kline I thought was VERY good as he tends to be. I wish he was in way more movies as good as this.

Ang Lee never ceases to amaze me, the variety of movies he makes.

I was shocked how funny it was in parts. It's a dark movie and…

• Justin Swanson

★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 11 Feb, 2015

Well that was depressing.

• Danielle McCallion

★★½ Watched by Danielle McCallion 09 Feb, 2015

"Libbets? What sort of a name is Libbets?"