• rossboyask

★★★ Watched by rossboyask 21 Oct, 2014

Slick, enjoyable, spooky chiller with enjoyable turns from Pat Healy and Sara Paxton.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jack Dignan

★★★½ Added by Jack Dignan

The Innkeepers isn't as slow paced as some are claiming as it's constantly moving forward, but that being said, it is still slow. By the time it's finished though, you patience is rewarded as the film ends up being a brilliantly acted, engaging and eerie movie with moments of high tension.

• Bramaster

★★★★½ Watched by Bramaster 19 Oct, 2014

Check into this hotel for a spooky good time!

Sure, the film relies on a few too many "jump scares," but the rest of it is so good I can overlook that.

It's a simple set-up and acted really well. I even forgot that the painfully annoying Lena Dunham has a small part by the end! That's how good it was!

I think I have a new crush in Sara Paxton. Do you think she'll go out with me on…

• Rodney Terrell

★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 20 Oct, 2014

With a mixture of slow burn haunted house storytelling and quirky humor, Ti West's follow up to HOUSE OF THE DEVIL is solid and very enjoyable. The two leads are great and the Yankee Pedlar Inn makes for a great location.

The thing that hurts the film the most is it's a lot of build up for a abrupt and unsatisfying ending. Still like it a lot but more effort should have gone into the script for the third act.

• Ally Berry

★★½ Added by Ally Berry

It was a nice surprise to find right from the start that I was really enjoying the film. Until of course the last 20 minutes happened. All of a sudden the cast started behaving in ways that were completely contradictory to what the bulk of the film had set up, and things started land-sliding sloppily. It was a annoying, and the end results disappointed me a lot.

A slow-building film that did not pay off is a justifiable way for…

• ICUmurse

★★★½ Watched by ICUmurse 19 Oct, 2014

At first I couldn't get into the extremely slow pace of this movie. After about 45 minutes into the movie the subtle charm of the characters and ghostly possibilities grab a hold of you draw you in for the big finish. The camera work in this movie was astounding and refreshing straying from the typical horror movie jump scares and letting the story speak for itself. I would definetly recommend this movie for any horror fan or weekend ghost hunter.

• Craig Dawson

★★★ Watched by Craig Dawson 09 Oct, 2014

During the final days at the Yankee Pedlar Inn, two employees determined to reveal the hotel's haunted past begin to experience disturbing events as old guests check in for a stay.

I wasn't a huge fan of House Of The Devil a few years back, but it had enough to make me want to check Innkeepers out. Very much like his previous film, Ti West paces this film incredibly slowly, but in an era where most Horror films want to…

• Cody Walker

★★★½ Rewatched by Cody Walker 08 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Patrick Pryor

★★★ Watched by Patrick Pryor 13 Oct, 2014

A hella dead lady hella spooks the hell out of two hotel employees. I liked the subtle less is more approach, but was surprised to see this movie collapse into horror cliches by the final act -- the girl running into the basement instead of leaving the hotel, the two leads separating amidst crisis, etc. The lack of closure was refreshing, though. And Ti West knows how to frame and cut to ratchet up tension for sure. Well constructed, but…

• Travis Williams

★½ Watched by Travis Williams 13 Oct, 2014

Such a sad excuse for horror. The characters were too goofy, the scares and story were weak and nothing happens until around 45 minutes into the movie! It's also a sad reminder of how poorly Kelly McGillis from Top Gun has aged!

• johnch

★★★½ Rewatched by johnch 12 Oct, 2014

as he did with THOTD Ti West showcases skill at creating interesting characters and writing good dialogue. and it's important that his has the eye and precise control of his visuals and atmosphere to match the slow boil horror of his movies. best thing about it is that it asks the viewer to become invested in order for the story to work.