• lobsta

★★½ Watched by lobsta 30 Oct, 2014

Stop #28 of Hoop-Tober

Ti West seems to be a polarizing figure with both fans and detractors of his style of filmmaking, this is the 3rd (4th if including that's not my cabin fever) film of his I have seen and again I seem to fit into neither camp. Although its a horror thriller, it spends the first 1/3 as a clerks-esque hotel comedy with focus around the banter and day-in day-out meaninglessness of work in a small time hotel.…

• giliap

★★½ Watched by giliap 24 Oct, 2014

Cute and smart, but it gets too cute and isn’t perhaps smart enough. It sometimes feels like a movie for the whole family, which doesn’t really work in horror... But it plays nicely with clichés, especially the ’don’t go down in the basement/going down in the basement’ one. And I was kind of scared at times, movies about ghosts are the spookiest.

• sarah payton

★★★ Watched by sarah payton 11 Oct, 2014

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

• Andy F.

★★★★½ Watched by Andy F. 22 Oct, 2014

October Horror Marathon: #13

Does for the quarter life crisis what Rosemary's Baby did for pregnancy. Goes down joyously like a bag of halloween candy (I thought of that before reading it in a ScreenRant review! It must be a very true feeling).

The Innkeepers is another strong outing from indie horror maestro Ti West. Horror is a genre with a lot of devoted purists, so it takes a lot to earn your stripes. There are plenty of Ti West…

• rossboyask

★★★ Watched by rossboyask 21 Oct, 2014

Slick, enjoyable, spooky chiller with enjoyable turns from Pat Healy and Sara Paxton.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jack Dignan

★★★½ Added by Jack Dignan

The Innkeepers isn't as slow paced as some are claiming as it's constantly moving forward, but that being said, it is still slow. By the time it's finished though, you patience is rewarded as the film ends up being a brilliantly acted, engaging and eerie movie with moments of high tension.

• Bramaster

★★★★½ Watched by Bramaster 19 Oct, 2014

Check into this hotel for a spooky good time!

Sure, the film relies on a few too many "jump scares," but the rest of it is so good I can overlook that.

It's a simple set-up and acted really well. I even forgot that the painfully annoying Lena Dunham has a small part by the end! That's how good it was!

I think I have a new crush in Sara Paxton. Do you think she'll go out with me on…

• Rodney Terrell

★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 20 Oct, 2014

With a mixture of slow burn haunted house storytelling and quirky humor, Ti West's follow up to HOUSE OF THE DEVIL is solid and very enjoyable. The two leads are great and the Yankee Pedlar Inn makes for a great location.

The thing that hurts the film the most is it's a lot of build up for a abrupt and unsatisfying ending. Still like it a lot but more effort should have gone into the script for the third act.

• Ally Berry

★★★ Added by Ally Berry 1

It was a nice surprise to find right from the start that I was really enjoying the film. Until of course the last 20 minutes happened. All of a sudden the cast started behaving in ways that were completely contradictory to what the bulk of the film had set up, and things started land-sliding sloppily. It was annoying, and the end results disappointed me a lot.

A slow-building film that did not pay off is a justifiable way for me…

• ICUmurse

★★★½ Watched by ICUmurse 19 Oct, 2014

At first I couldn't get into the extremely slow pace of this movie. After about 45 minutes into the movie the subtle charm of the characters and ghostly possibilities grab a hold of you draw you in for the big finish. The camera work in this movie was astounding and refreshing straying from the typical horror movie jump scares and letting the story speak for itself. I would definetly recommend this movie for any horror fan or weekend ghost hunter.

• Craig Dawson

★★★ Watched by Craig Dawson 09 Oct, 2014

During the final days at the Yankee Pedlar Inn, two employees determined to reveal the hotel's haunted past begin to experience disturbing events as old guests check in for a stay.

I wasn't a huge fan of House Of The Devil a few years back, but it had enough to make me want to check Innkeepers out. Very much like his previous film, Ti West paces this film incredibly slowly, but in an era where most Horror films want to…