• James Davies

★★★ Watched by James Davies 15 Apr, 2015

Very slow paced - a lot of promise with not a lot of pay off. A cool, simple story line with only a couple of real moments of tension. An awesome performance by Sara Paxton in the lead role, however.

• dpettinger

★★★★½ Watched by dpettinger 02 Apr, 2015

A young guy and a girl are working on the front desk of a *supposedly* haunted hotel, for the few days before it finally closes down. It is quiet, and there are only a couple of guests and they gradually get a bit spooked out as they try to record the ghosts for his website...

Really excellent little horror film, the two kids in it are funny and play well off each other, and there are countless genuinely hilarious moments,…

• Matt

★★★½ Watched by Matt 31 Mar, 2015

This is easily Ti West's most accessible film but I am still a big fan of The House of the Devil. The best thing this movie has going for it and what makes it better than a lot of other indie horror films is how surprisingly funny and light on it's feet it is in the beginning and how enjoyable Sara Paxton and Pat Healy are to be around. Unfortunately once the film starts ramping up the scares (which are effective) in the third act is when it starts to feel rushed and loses momentum.

• Nick Box

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Box 10 Apr, 2015

Every time I watch this I fall In love with it some more one of the finest Films of the last 5 years

• Jhon James

★★★★½ Watched by Jhon James 18 Jan, 2015

Uno de los directores contemporáneos de terror que más me genera confianza y expectativas es Ti West, y de por sí, todos los involucrados en el mumblegore. Pero en especial Ti West tiene este sello direccional donde prioriza el suspenso y la lenta construcción de la trama para darnos lo que esperabamos en el último tramo de la película, cuando ya estamos lo suficientemente asustados. Y como siempre, vale la pena esperarlo. Eso es The Innkeepers. Además, tiene a una bella Sara Paxton y a un divertido Pat Healy como protagonistas

• Philip Carroll

★½ Watched by Philip Carroll 27 Mar, 2015

I'm not even sure why I added this to my netflix. It's an indy horror film about an old haunted hotel that's closing soon and scary things have to happen in those final days of course. The 2 main characters are the employees of the hotel and they are obsessed with finding evidence that the place really is haunted to keep it open. Frankly, this movie is pretty dull. I normally like the slow build up in a horror movie…

• Tim Sanders

★★½ Added by Tim Sanders

Pretty much all horror films can be broken down into a half dozen or so major categories, making it nearly impossible for up and coming filmmakers to come up with something truly original. Ti West has come close several times, and I firmly believe the guy will make great movies someday, but unfortunately, "The Innkeepers" is yet another near miss.

It's a ghost story, and it relies far too heavily on the trie and true cliches without being terribly fresh…

• Curtis

★★★ Rewatched by Curtis 30 Mar, 2015

There's a class of directors out there (Ti West and Rob Zombie come to mind first) who seem to have an interesting visual aesthetic and talent for directing but struggle as storytellers. [Mr. West, if you're reading, please stop writing your own movies. And stop editing them, too. Thanks.]

I LOVED both Sara Paxton and Pat Healy. Add good casting to West's skill set.

• Josh Luft

★★★ Watched by Josh Luft 26 Mar, 2015

Enjoyed the slow dread, charming performances--especially Sara Paxton's, and Ti West's way around a haunted house, but the film's potential is sapped by a dissatisfying ending.

• Caio Berns Pereira

★★★★ Watched by Caio Berns Pereira 10 Mar, 2015

Na moral, é meio incompatível reclamar do estado em que o gênero do terror se encontra atualmente, ao mesmo tempo que desce a lenha num filme como esse.
    Digo isso porque -tendo em vista que a tendência atual do gênero de terror consista em tratar o espectador como um público cada vez mais impaciente, reprimindo o espaço para sugestão- o filme do mano Ti West e o jeito como o terror tem sido feito hoje são completamente opostos, e esse…

• russman

★★½ Watched by russman 14 Mar, 2015

What a cheap player piano. Can only play one note

• Ebanezer Nevermind

★★★★★ Watched by Ebanezer Nevermind 13 Mar, 2015

This is one of my favorite modern horror movies. Watching this film alone in the dark, I got a real sense of dread. Put down your phone and pay attention to this film. You may miss something, otherwise.