• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Director T. West has done no miracle here, that critics on RT have awarded positive 'consensus' for his movie. I did not find anything that might have given it certificate to be stretched 1hr.42mints. long. There are just COUNTABLE shots of horror-scenes, probably 3-4. Sara Paxton's acting is childish and irritating. Stay away from this, and utilize your precious time, over some other stuff!

• Jason MD-P

★★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

Saw this awhile ago; can't believe I forgot to rate it! West is creating the new standard for low-budget indie horror with stuff like this. Compelling and down-to-earth characters and stripped down effects give this film an immediacy and accessibility that hails back to the early days of modern horror filmmaking. Not perfect, but very good.

• bree1981

★★★★ Watched by bree1981 18 Jan, 2015

I really enjoyed this slow burning ghost story from director Ti West.The film takes it's time setting the mood and introduces us to the main characters, Sare Paxton's Claire and Pat Healy's Luke, both actors are really good in their roles with Paxton being the stand-out as the goofy, accident prone girl who its easy too root for.
    Towards the end of the movie i kept waiting for it to reveal some sort of twist but West makes the brave…

• The Phantom Erik

★★★ Watched by The Phantom Erik 19 Aug, 2014

Director Ti West’s films always sit funny with me, like trying out the new Chinese restaurant in the area. I love the initial flavor, then find it getting a bit old and maybe even stale after a while, and then feel the need to run to the nearest bathroom afterward. Then the next day I tell everyone to try out the new Chinese restaurant in the area because for some reason I remember it tasting really good.

• Travis Cooper

★★★ Watched by Travis Cooper 14 Jan, 2015

Film 14 of Project365, a project in which I watch a new film every day for a year.

Not entirely an original premise, but the atmosphere created by director Ti West is chilling and in the end makes for a pretty decent horror film.

• Tim Kunz

★★★★ Watched by Tim Kunz 12 Jan, 2015

"Let's go to the basement and find out what that fucking ghost's problem is."

I've noticed that this film is kind of hit or miss for people. I don't love it, at least not on a first time watch, but i thought it was pretty great. I also enjoyed house of the devil, so I guess you could say I'm now officially a fan of Ti West. I enjoyed the slow burn, and the overall creepy vibe of the movie…

• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★½ Watched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 05 Jan, 2015 4

Ligera decepción con The InnKeepers.

En lo positivo, la fotografía y el medido montaje consiguen mantener la tensión en muchos momentos y no solo cae en el susto fácil como hoy día, sino que crea atmósferas claustrofóbicas y densas.

Sin embargo la película se mueve a un ritmo excesivamente lento para lo poco que está pasando y casi da la sensación de que sobra metraje.

Además tiene un serio problema de foco a la hora del tono. Por un lado…

• Chris Flippo

★★★★ Watched by Chris Flippo 04 Jan, 2015

Awesome.

• spotlessmind

★★½ Watched by spotlessmind 20 Dec, 2014

Interesante. No aporta mucho pero lo cuenta bien. Sin grandes emociones.

• TheCincyKid

★★★ Added by TheCincyKid

Ti West's prior horror geek delight The House of the Devil was a rare treat for movie fans discerning enough to see the late '70s to mid-'80s era being portrayed in its technique. West is even more savvy than even that. Somehow with The Innkeepers, he manages to harness that tone, style and sense of convention and time of 1990s films. His nostalgia is contemporary, but exquisitely refreshing because he shares with us a sentimental mnemonic that we know we'll…

• Lauren

★★ Watched by Lauren 19 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I feel like you generally have to give horror a pass on not explaining EVERYTHING most of the time cuz it's hard to explain things that don't always like make sense outside of just being scary. However, this movie is not scary and also doesn't really explain anything and also nothing really happens and it's super anti-climatic.

However, I was very happy that Claire did not end up hooking up with the Mythbusters-looking guy, because he was very unpleasant to…

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I kind of wanted to hate this. But for some reason found myself laughing out loud at quite a few parts. Even Lena Dunham couldn't ruin it for me. Maybe I was in the right mood or something.