• Greg Butler

Watched by Greg Butler 12 Nov, 2014

Let me start by saying The Innkeepers was a huge letdown. This is a movie that was directed by Ti West who also did The House of the Devil which I loved tremendously. The Innkeepers is no House of the Devil.

The acting could be down right terrible at times and to me the scares were far and in between. I don't really want to spend much time on this due to the fact that there really wasn't much to say about this but that it sucked. If you like bad acting, lame scares and 2 hours of boredom then give this a shot.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 28 Dec, 2012

A fresh, clever set up for a horror, with a comedic undercurrent, but let down by it's devastatingly unsatisfying ending. Until then, the director does set up some effectively creepy scenes.

• wheathusker

★★★½ Watched by wheathusker 31 Oct, 2014 3

Always heard this was good and tried watching it on Halloween with the parents. Pretty good, but not what I was expecting. The film really captures what it feels like to slog through a boring, monotonous job. Great atmosphere and I liked the lead actors and their chemistry together quite a bit.

The problem was that I didn't find it at all frightening. The Clerks like hanging out moments worked far better than what were supposed to be the scary…

• #Phatcox

★★★½ Watched by #Phatcox 31 Oct, 2014

First thing I have to say hear is this is another one of those films that I've been meaning to watch forever and I finally did Halloween 2K14.

Innkeepers is about 2 quirky young adults working in a closing hotel on it's final week open and spooky things happen. With this film the words quirky and fucking insanely horrifying can both be used. The film has nice little cute and quirky moments and then it makes me so scared I…

• Evan

★★★ Watched by Evan 10 Jul, 2014

Thank you Netflix for keeping my movie library updated. I was searching a website a while back and they were listing the best movies on Netflix. The Innkeepers was on that list. So I added it to my Netflix but never got around to watch it. Fast forward a few months and there's a few lists out of the best horror movies since 2010. Low and behold The Innkeepers is on a few of those lists. So in order to…

• Egg MacGuffin

★★★½ Watched by Egg MacGuffin 01 Nov, 2014 12

Enjoyable, but quite a few steps down from Ti West's masterpiece THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL.

Where THOTD had a clear, concrete, and understandable goal that drove the story and plot forward, The Innkeepers doesn't have that. and because most of the action in the film is unmotivated (or motivated in a weak way) and the conflict vague, the movie feels like it's meandering most of the time.

A simple way to fix this would be to give the character(s)…

• bridget zinser

★★★ Watched by bridget zinser 02 Nov, 2014

i liked sara paxton a lot in this, but it would've worked better as a short film. lots of build up and no real pay off, and not in an old school way? the score was too overwhelming and busy and got distracting a lot. but sara paxton and pat healy! i wanted it to be so much more because they were very enjoyable together.

• Alex Austein

★★★½ Watched by Alex Austein 02 Nov, 2014

Ti West's companion piece to THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL, THE INNKEEPERS again places its characters in a creepily desolated place, with examinations into the history of its past and the people themselves occupying most of the plot. Sarah Paxton and Pat Healy star here, a mumblecore duo I recognized immediately from this year's CHEAP THRILLS. They each do solid work, but Paxton is especially great at portraying a introverted, bored, initially dismissive, but wholly vulnerable to being scared wage-slave.…

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 31 Oct, 2014

My favourite Ti West film, and the reason I am bummed that we don't see Sara Paxton in more films.

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 30 Mar, 2012

Great at building and releasing tension, lots of humor, fun relationships, exquisite sound design - then it turns into a pretty routine and kind of muddled horror movie at the end and I lost interest completely.

• Shepherd Benjamin

★★★★ Watched by Shepherd Benjamin 30 Oct, 2014

It seems like the best female characters often appear in horror films:

Ellen Ripley, Clarice Starling, Carrie, Laurie Strode, Susy Hendrix, Heather Donahue, Amy Dunne, Sally Hardesty, Pauline Parker, Suzy Bannion, Miss Giddens, Veronica Quaife, Debbie Jellinsky, Jennifer from 'I Married a Witch', Carol from 'Repulsion', She from 'Antichrist', Anna from 'Possession', and Betty & Rita from 'Mulholland Drive'.

And those are just the most notable. However, there have recently been two female characters in the horror genre which didn't get…

• Chris Lay

★★½ Watched by Chris Lay 31 Oct, 2014

Gotta hand it to a film that was put together well enough to somehow string me along for 100 minutes before basically ended with "...and then I found $5 dollars."