• Ollie

★★★½ Rewatched by Ollie 14 Nov, 2015

Classily made but nowhere near as scary as I remembered (i.e.. not at all).

Well acted.

• amy

★★★★½ Watched by amy 24 Oct, 2015

This not only made me laugh a lot but scared the shit outta me!! Even better than House of the Devil imo. Sara Paxton is perfect, and I guess im officially a Ti West fan.

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★½ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 15 Nov, 2015

Way too slow to get going, but it definitely had its moments and the director did set up some nice shots and scenes. Overall, a bit plodding, and the resolution was a bit arbitrary.

• Hayley Scott

Watched by Hayley Scott 10 Nov, 2015

For a horror film this really lacked any kind of suspense or atmosphere and wasn't even slightly creepy. In fact it was kind of dull and boring. If you are looking to watch a Ti West film then The House of The Devil is a much better choice.

• LiteYear

★★★★★ Watched by LiteYear 03 Nov, 2015 4

I am virtually speechless. How did I even choose to watch this one? I don't remember what compelled me to record this over the others in film4's horror season. But clearly this was the right one. I have never before seen a more perfect blend of comedy and horror. The lead character is wonderful. Without her this wouldn't be anything special. The actress playing her does a fantastic job. All the characters and the interactions between them are highly entertaining.…

• Joe Scaramanga

★★★½ Watched by Joe Scaramanga 31 Oct, 2015

A great choice of flick for Halloween as two amateur paranormal investigators try to contact a witch in the run down hotel they work in.

It's a real slow burner, with a couple of truly creepy moments, which is ultimately let down a bit by overlength and a bit of a 'something and nothing' ending.

• Kevin White

★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin White 31 Oct, 2015

I think this movie is deeper than it seems. I've seen it twice now and I still haven't cracked it. There's something here about identity and adolescence and the universe and death and grief and obsession and gender and sex but I'm not sure it totally works. I trust that Ti West knows what he's doing here, I just wish it was a little less obtuse.

• Stankshadow

★★½ Watched by Stankshadow 30 Oct, 2015

I like the idea that these employees are fading out of existence due to the fact that they weren't living their lives but the film did a poor job of expressing that. It was slow, dull and going to a place most of us have probably already been to. Enjoyed watching it mostly because of my experiences working at old hotels and inns.

• mrtom986

Rewatched by mrtom986 30 Oct, 2015

Horrorthon Day 29

• PRY

★★★★ Rewatched by PRY 29 Oct, 2015

A terrific performance by Sara Paxton and the Director of Photography. Ti Wests directing outshines his sense of pacing here, but to hell if it's not easy to get wrapped up in all this.

• Alexander Boucher

★★★ Watched by Alexander Boucher 30 Oct, 2015

There's a strong if not cliched premise built in the first half with some decent performances and fun dialogue, but the movie never really pays off. The final act is ultimately very underwhelming, a few moments of creepy tension ultimately amounting to little more than a pretty forgettable horror that isn't really sure what it's about.

• Станислав Абдулхакимов

★★★★ Watched by Станислав Абдулхакимов 29 Oct, 2015

Первые 2 акта я был почти в восторге от этого фильма. Жаль что трейтий акт этого, оригинального по большей части фильма, опустил его в пучину клише и предсказуемости. Моё сердце разбито.

4 из 5