• fatpie42

★★★★★ Rewatched by fatpie42 31 Aug, 2014 2

I initially wasn't sure how I felt about this film, but on subsequent rewatches I realised how intelligently the whole film was set-up. It's the sort of film which invites a second and a third watch, partly because of how well the ideas come together, but also because of Sara Paxton's excellent performance as Claire, the awkward college drop-out. All her emotions are open for anyone to see and she's clearly lacking in confidence, often seeming unsure how to organise…

• Luke Patterson

★★★★ Added by Luke Patterson 2

I have never seen a Ti west movie before. I saw him get shot in the head in You're Next but that's about it. So when I heard the hype about him I thought I should give one of his films a go. I was split between this and House of the Devil but this has Sara Paxton in.

Immediately I noticed how impressive Sara Paxton was as Claire. Her quirks, her behaviour is portrayed brilliantly by Paxton. I was…

• minnix

Watched by minnix 29 Aug, 2014

wow. this movie is like watching a dream. actually, i was dreaming. because i fell asleep halfway through. boring as shit.

• film|captures

★★★½ Rewatched by film|captures 28 Aug, 2014

I wish the intensity of the final sequence could have started from the beginning.

• MatthewLB

★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 28 Aug, 2014

This is one of those movies where I just don't get why people like it. This movie has good acting and some parts are pretty creepy, but the movie has one of the dumbest characters in horror in a movie. The movie is not that scary to me and the movie is kind of slow at parts.

• Si Sharp

★★ Watched by Si Sharp 28 Aug, 2014 3

It's not unusual for a horror film to start with an interesting premise or story and then balls it all up with one-dimensional characters, a dumb script, poor acting and lacklustre direction.

What is bizarre is getting all the hard stuff right and then have a story which goes nowhere interesting really slowly.

• MysidianRydia

★★★★ Watched by MysidianRydia 24 Aug, 2014 1

I was surprised by the low aggregate reviews this movie has gotten. It's actually a very interesting film and not at all what I expected. The characters are quirky and very real. There are people that I know that are just like the characters in this movie. The "taking out the garbage" scene seriously made me laugh out loud. I have totally done that, in real life, repeatedly. By building up their characters and slowly turning up the "creepy" knob,…

• Jesue Valle

★★★½ Watched by Jesue Valle 22 Aug, 2014

I could watch Sara Paxton being scared over and over again. She's hilarious.

• Damian Alexander

★½ Watched by Damian Alexander 08 Aug, 2014

This movie was pretty good at first but the ending was so incredibly anti-climactic and unfinished that this would be 3.5 star film is going to get a 1.5 from me. It leaves the audience confused and disappointed.

• Alexis Paiz

★½ Watched by Alexis Paiz 10 Aug, 2014

The whole time I was watching this, I was wondering why I was giving another Ti West film a chance. The thing is, the premise to The Innkeepers (as well as other West films) sounds interesting, but it completely fails to deliver anything noteworthy. Just like West's other films, The Innkeepers moves at a dreadfully slow pace. Nothing even remotely exciting happens until the last 20 minutes, and even then it's not actually exciting, it just seems so when compared…

• Amanda Hamilton

★★★½ Watched by Amanda Hamilton 31 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Paul Robinson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 03 Aug, 2014 3

Ti West is a master of modern Horror. Classic use of roaming cams and expert angles causing your eyes to dart from door to door. His direction is top class and this film oozes his skills. The main reason this film captured me was its characters. Our two leads are nothing short of great, their relationship is centre stage here and is as interesting, if not more so, as the ghost story itself. Genuine, fresh and one of my favourite films of 2012. A balanced and quality character driven ghost story.