• Lauren

★★ Watched by Lauren 19 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I kind of wanted to hate this. But for some reason found myself laughing out loud at quite a few parts. Even Lena Dunham couldn't ruin it for me. Maybe I was in the right mood or something.

• Rob Reid

★★★★ Added by Rob Reid

A clever, funny, and horrific movie all at once. I'm fairly certain I saw some nods to Kubrick through direction and set design, which is ballsy, but done so seemingly in an ironic sense, so it works. This is a tidy little horror movie, recommended.

• Lorin Granger

★★★ Watched by Lorin Granger 05 Dec, 2014

It's a little bit like Ghost World with actual ghosts in it. Might lack the style and punch of House of the Devil, but I still like West's patient and restrained approach to building atmosphere.

• Henrik Schunk

★★ Added by Henrik Schunk 1

The Innkeepers appaears to be a fresh entry into the haunted house once it starts rolling. A protagonist couple that is delightfully self-aware of all that ghost mumbo jumbo, joking and teasing each other about rumours circulating about the inn (a hotel) they stay in. Yet, if you expect some sort of Horror film 2.0, you will be dissapointed once the whole shebang (very late into the film, talking about a long build-up) starts hitting its top-haunting speed. The last…

• tunghaichuan

★★★½ Watched by tunghaichuan 13 Mar, 2013

“Pessimism is just a higher form of optimism. If you expect nothing from people, then you go through life being pleasantly surprised.”

- Pat Healy as Luke in The Innkeepers (2011)

• Greg Butler

Watched by Greg Butler 12 Nov, 2014

Let me start by saying The Innkeepers was a huge letdown. This is a movie that was directed by Ti West who also did The House of the Devil which I loved tremendously. The Innkeepers is no House of the Devil.

The acting could be down right terrible at times and to me the scares were far and in between. I don't really want to spend much time on this due to the fact that there really wasn't much to say about this but that it sucked. If you like bad acting, lame scares and 2 hours of boredom then give this a shot.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 28 Dec, 2012

A fresh, clever set up for a horror, with a comedic undercurrent, but let down by it's devastatingly unsatisfying ending. Until then, the director does set up some effectively creepy scenes.

• wheathusker

★★★½ Watched by wheathusker 31 Oct, 2014 8

Always heard this was good and tried watching it on Halloween with the parents. Pretty good, but not what I was expecting. The film really captures what it feels like to slog through a boring, monotonous job. Great atmosphere and I liked the lead actors and their chemistry together quite a bit.

The problem was that I didn't find it at all frightening. The Clerks like hanging out moments worked far better than what were supposed to be the scary…

• #Phatcox

★★★½ Watched by #Phatcox 31 Oct, 2014

First thing I have to say hear is this is another one of those films that I've been meaning to watch forever and I finally did Halloween 2K14.

Innkeepers is about 2 quirky young adults working in a closing hotel on it's final week open and spooky things happen. With this film the words quirky and fucking insanely horrifying can both be used. The film has nice little cute and quirky moments and then it makes me so scared I…

• Evan

★★★½ Watched by Evan 10 Jul, 2014

Thank you Netflix for keeping my movie library updated. I was searching a website a while back and they were listing the best movies on Netflix. The Innkeepers was on that list. So I added it to my Netflix but never got around to watch it. Fast forward a few months and there's a few lists out of the best horror movies since 2010. Low and behold The Innkeepers is on a few of those lists. So in order to…

• Egg MacGuffin

★★★½ Watched by Egg MacGuffin 01 Nov, 2014 12

Enjoyable, but quite a few steps down from Ti West's masterpiece THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL.

Where THOTD had a clear, concrete, and understandable goal that drove the story and plot forward, The Innkeepers doesn't have that. and because most of the action in the film is unmotivated (or motivated in a weak way) and the conflict vague, the movie feels like it's meandering most of the time.

A simple way to fix this would be to give the character(s)…