• Kevin Hsieh

★★ Watched by Kevin Hsieh 05 Mar, 2015

35/100

• Garrett Smith

★★ Watched by Garrett Smith 02 Mar, 2015

I've become a recent fan of Ti West - starting with The Sacrament and then most recently seeing The House Of The Devil, I've been impressed with his ability to build dread and then just pull the ripcord on a chainsaw of horror in the final moments. This movie never finds that chainsaw in its final moments, and that makes the whole thing kind of fall apart. Like West's other movies, this movie has no twists or turns - it…

• Rachel

Watched by Rachel 01 Mar, 2015

An absolutely boring 70s style horror which unsuccessfully tries to build tension which always either leads to:

1. A friend popping up in a supposedly comedic "hey look it wasn't anyone scary after all" moment
    or
    2. a ghost that looks like a prop from a high school play

Put together with the almost hour long buildup, ridiculous plot, the so dumb it's almost funny character played by Kelly McGills (how fucking old is she by the way) and the…

• Jez Meyer

★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

Playful and obviously a lot of fun to make, but The Innkeepers is at times far too slow. The scares are also purely of the jump variety, and for a movie that is ostensibly trying to play to discriminating horror fans this is a bit disappointing.

• toadliquor

★★½ Added by toadliquor

Two employees of a closing Inn try to record the happenings of a ghost that lived and died at the Inn decades ago.

Ti West makes really good looking movies. Unfortunately, his movies just aren't as good as they look. While The Innkeepers isn't half as boring as House of the Devil, it's still pretty tedious.

While there are a few things that keep your interest here and there, there ultimately just isn't enough. I'm sure if he was interviewed,…

• Billy Cahill

★★★½ Watched by Billy Cahill 23 Feb, 2015

West does the job effectively, but to no real end

• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 25 Oct, 2014

A slowly building ghost story that is expertly executed & terrifying.

• Boonmee

★★½ Watched by Boonmee 20 Feb, 2015 2

I watched this in increments over the last few days, so don't take my ramblings too seriously on this one.

It has been awhile since I felt so apathetic towards a film. Not bad. Not particularly outstanding. Just sort of shrug-able. This is where I find myself with The Innkeepers. Save for perhaps two moments, I felt completely blasé about what was happening (or, more accurately, what was not happening).

It's a classic horror set-up and goes about executing it…

• Sara Jean

★★★★★ Watched by Sara Jean 15 Feb, 2015 5

I loved this! And I have a crush on Sara Paxton now, she is so adorable and real in this movie. All of the conversations between her and Pat Healey were great. I'm definitely going to rewatch this again soon.

• Kent Emir

★★ Watched by Kent Emir 13 Feb, 2015

Entiendo perfectamente que las películas de "terror" no son puros sustos, pero tampoco se trata de que te aburran toda la película para que en la recta final se ponga buena.

Lastima, estaba entusiasmado por verla, era la única que me hacia falta de la lista "Cinema Horrorama: Las mejores películas de terror 2010-2014".

• Blair Russell

★★ Added by Blair Russell

To give a brief refresher, the only Ti West films I had seen before last night (when I saw his last two full length works on Instant) was his shorts in VHS and The ABC's of Death, which I thought were atrocious, and The House of the Devil, which I thought was poorly shot, boring and had an awful final act. Yet, many people sing his graces. Maybe I am brave and maybe I am a masochist but I decided…

• Gordo

★★★★ Watched by Gordo 19 Jun, 2014

Finally got around to watching this, an excellent and understated horror anchored by a couple great little performances by the two leads.