• Fida

It was categorized as a thriller, but there was nothing thrilling about it. Movies that are specifically made for a straight male audience aren't movies for me, I guess.

• Murphy Kenefick

★★★★

Ahh my favorite Christmas movie.

I love this thing. It's far from perfect, but there are so may incredible moments, sounds, shots, performances sprinkled throughout that it makes it so enjoyable.

In my Top 12 of all time.

Tell me that "I want some fucking justice!" isn't the greatest line ever written. You can't.

• Ed Küpfer

★★★

Stylish slow-burn thriller about a cop and an attorney investigating a big bank selling arms. The shots are gorgeous. The ending is anti-climactic and dumb, but it is preceded by a very well-staged gunfight in the Guggenheim museum. Those two cancel each other out, so you're left with a good-looking hard-to-follow political thriller which is plot-heavy and action-light. I've spent 2 hours in worse ways.

View

• talisencrw (William Wood)

★★★★

Script-wise was the only way this tense thriller lacked: It was a little bit too savvy yet undistinguished for its own good. As good as Daniel Craig has been as James Bond, I always wish Clive Owen had gotten the nod, and as vengeance, I proudly watch every film of his I can find (Naomi Watts is quite enjoyable to see on celluloid as well). The only other Tom Tykwer film I've seen so far is his stellar 'Run Lola…

• Jonathan Larsson

45/100

I don't know why I keep coming back to these kinds of movies, when they so overwhelmingly seldom give me any kind of enjoyment or revelations or whatever. And you all know exactly what I mean with "these kinds of movies". They intrigues me, they often got my full interest to start with, but almost always they disappoint, and almost always am I a little surprised by that fact.

In all genres there are as many bad as there…

• Thomas Bjørnøy

★★★★

A very underrated movie IMHO.

• Dan Otis

The thing I remember most about this movie is when a guy threatened to stab me while I was peeing in the bathroom beforehand.

• Kevin Jones

★★★½

The International is a thoroughly engaging action thriller with a top-notch lead performance from Clive Owen and sleek, stylish director from Tom Tykwer. Just as engaging as Tykwer's past films, The International examines the corrupt activities of a bank and uses it as a moralistic play when it comes to reality and the way bankers seem to get away with everything. For this, the film can be somewhat unsatisfying due to its lack of pay off, which many will find…

• Lasse Marhaug

★★★

Bankers, the perfect bad guys.

• Jimmy Lindau

★★★½

• LLFIN

★★★

The usual 3 stars, mainly for Clive Owen, the lovely Danish/the Dane and Armin Mueller-Stahl, who seems to be the theme of tonight's films. A good intellectual thriller nevertheless. More, please.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★

Actually really good, but it's not an action movie at all. Marketing it as one was a big mistake.