• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 10 Sep, 2009

The International is a reasonably entertaining thriller that boasts well crafted action sequences and a pair of solid and charismatic lead performances from Clive Owen and Naomi Watts, but its flawed storyline and inconsistent writing didn't allow it to get much farther than that.

• Jack

★★★½ Watched by Jack 17 Aug, 2014

A good adult thriller by German filmmaker Tom Tykwer that doesn't tax the brain too hard, but doesn't let it stuff away all its mental currency in offshore accounts either. Has one of the most outrageous machine gun fights this side of Heat, and a fine pair of leads in Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. Owen is his usual rumpled self, but Watts' accent is surprisingly off, which is odd as she had no problem embodying an All-American ideal in…

• Aljosa

★★ Watched by Aljosa 25 Jul, 2014

Eh

Fills a certain niche but I'm not a fan.

• Christopher Murphy

★★★ Watched by Christopher Murphy 12 Jul, 2014

Conspiracies abound in this pleasantly distracting thriller by the numbers.

• Michael Offerosky

★★½ Watched by Michael Offerosky 29 Jun, 2014

Tom Tykwer, the visionary mind behind RUN LOLA RUN, stumbles with his film THE INTERNATIONAL. Tykwer has never let me down with his other features HEAVEN and the very underrated CLOUD ATLAS (with the Wachowski Siblings) but here he lost me. It's not for lack of trying, a lot of effort went into this film and it shows. The problem with THE INTERNATIONAL is not the beautiful globe hopping locations, the acting, the shoot out at the Guggenheim, or even…

• Rizki Fachriansyah

★★★½ Added by Rizki Fachriansyah

An otherwise slick and sophisticated thriller if it weren't for the rather cold approach to the dense plot. Great Owen, underused Watts.

• Masternater

★★★½ Added by Masternater

Not sure how to review this movie I liked it a lot but all I remember is some dude throwing up and a crazy ass climatic shoot out. Clive Owen was my hero during the duration of this film if I every get tangled into a conspiracy I hope he is on the case!

• Travis

★★★ Watched by Travis 03 Jun, 2014

This was good. It seemed a lot longer than 2 hours, but not in a bad way. It wasn't slow, it wasn't boring. It was just very dense, there was a lot going on, a lot of information. But it was good. A good, smart action film.

• Nick Fury

★★★½ Watched by Nick Fury 14 Feb, 2009

Icy coool movie. Great visuals, good plot, helluva of a shoot-out at the museum. The movie was in the vein of the political thrillers of the 70's and early80's before everything had to have explosions every ten minutes. Mueller-Stahl's character is particularly poignant.

• JaySalahi

★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 17 Jan, 2014

C+ (77)

• Eugene McCrann

★★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

Love that the villain is a bank, and that debt control is the key to its misdeeds, because it's so rare that world domination is rooted in plausible global economic affairs. Also, Guggenheim! - where a major continental landmark is being appropriated for destruction due to its architectural capacity rather than its mass recognition. The rest plays like a Bond flick sans car chases, stuffed full of interposing bureaucratic obsequiousness and paperwork, a travelogue of the highest order - Berlin main station - and a theatre of paranoia that's quite appropriate.

• Suzanne Moses

★★★★ Added by Suzanne Moses

I'm still surprised that more people didn't talk about this film. I was quite taken with it.