• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 20 Sep, 2009

Fantastic spy thriller. Everyone around me has been bagging this movie but I loved it. What a great shoot-out. It was cold and dry, but that's Tykwer's style. Owen was perfect for the lead. A good thriller always has me tense, and this one did on several occasions. Tykwer allowed for scenes to breathe and build tension beautifully. A real surprise.

When Greengrass jumped on the Bourne franchise with Supremacy, I made the mistake of assuming the producers were taking…

• Arthur Tuoto

Watched by Arthur Tuoto 15 Nov, 2014

Possivelmente um dos thrillers mais genéricos que existem por ai. E olha que o Tykwer até tem seus momentos, o longo tiroteio no Guggenheim é visualmente bem interessante e tem toda uma marcação muito bem orquestrada. Tykwer é tipo um Cuarón tímido, talvez se ele conseguisse impor mais sua aptidão plástica (se é que realmente existe alguma) teríamos um filme mais inventivo. Se é pra ser vazio e zoado, que seja com vontade né queridão.

• Chris Haydon

★★★½ Watched by Chris Haydon 29 Oct, 2014

Shocked by how good this was.

The International is fantastically directed serving as equal parts visual essay and high-concept conspiracy thriller.

Tom Tykwer's camera enigmatically scales corporate rooms with the same assurance as landscaping aerials employed when his film globe-trots through Europe and onto the USA.

It offers a handful of expertly staged set pieces too - ones weighted with vigour and sharply focused brutality.

Clive Owen is a solid leading man with gravitas and grit, whilst Naomi Watts is top-notch as the pucky and sure-footed DA.

This is a smart, arresting and most importantly entertaining picture.

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 28 Oct, 2014

Although things inevitably fall flat after the Guggenheim set piece, this still remains a very solid thriller which far exceeds other recent examples such as The Bourne Legancy. Bond-level use of locations. It deserved to have done better at the box office.

• Joe DiCanio

★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 10 Sep, 2012

Rating: C-

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 10 Sep, 2009

The International is a reasonably entertaining thriller that boasts well crafted action sequences and a pair of solid and charismatic lead performances from Clive Owen and Naomi Watts, but its flawed storyline and inconsistent writing didn't allow it to get much farther than that.

• Jack

★★★½ Watched by Jack 17 Aug, 2014

A good adult thriller by German filmmaker Tom Tykwer that doesn't tax the brain too hard, but doesn't let it stuff away all its mental currency in offshore accounts either. Has one of the most outrageous machine gun fights this side of Heat, and a fine pair of leads in Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. Owen is his usual rumpled self, but Watts' accent is surprisingly off, which is odd as she had no problem embodying an All-American ideal in…

• Aljosa

★★ Watched by Aljosa 25 Jul, 2014

Eh

Fills a certain niche but I'm not a fan.

• Christopher Murphy

★★★ Watched by Christopher Murphy 12 Jul, 2014

Conspiracies abound in this pleasantly distracting thriller by the numbers.

• Michael Offerosky

★★½ Watched by Michael Offerosky 29 Jun, 2014

Tom Tykwer, the visionary mind behind RUN LOLA RUN, stumbles with his film THE INTERNATIONAL. Tykwer has never let me down with his other features HEAVEN and the very underrated CLOUD ATLAS (with the Wachowski Siblings) but here he lost me. It's not for lack of trying, a lot of effort went into this film and it shows. The problem with THE INTERNATIONAL is not the beautiful globe hopping locations, the acting, the shoot out at the Guggenheim, or even…

• Rizki Fachriansyah

★★★½ Added by Rizki Fachriansyah

An otherwise slick and sophisticated thriller if it weren't for the rather cold approach to the dense plot. Great Owen, underused Watts.

• Masternater

★★★½ Added by Masternater

Not sure how to review this movie I liked it a lot but all I remember is some dude throwing up and a crazy ass climatic shoot out. Clive Owen was my hero during the duration of this film if I every get tangled into a conspiracy I hope he is on the case!