• SathyA

★★½ Watched by SathyA 01 Feb, 2015

nice thriller but one time watchable.

• Flip

★★★ Watched by Flip 28 Jan, 2015

"If you kill me there will be a hundred other bankers to take my place."

Fucking bankers, eh?

Some good action in this.

• Darshansinh

★★★½ Watched by Darshansinh 18 Jan, 2015

Slick, smart paced, well shot and directed.A complete director's film. Loved it. Brilliant.

• Reece Roberts

★★★½ Watched by Reece Roberts 13 Jan, 2015

The first half of the film was pretty decent.
    A nice espionage thriller with plenty of twists and turns.
    Clive Owen's pretty damn hot.
    But then there's the shoot out, before the third act.
    And then I lost my attention.
    Pity the film couldn't pick up any more momentum to peak my interest after that.
    It got pretty predictable.

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 31 Dec, 2014

Clive Owen (solid) plays an Interpol agent trying to bring down a corrupt banking corporation dabbling in the arms trade. Not the most exciting premise for most, I would suspect, and in fact, the film needs to work overtime to maintain those levels of interest at an adequate level. For the most, it chugs along, barely, with the exception of an outstanding shootout scene that simply belongs to a far more exciting movie.

• tjeckz

★★½ Added by tjeckz

As Interpol cop Salinger and a New York D.A.'s office investigator are closing in on a huge dirty arms deal involving a prominent European bank, people start dying in mysterious ways. It keeps getting dirtier (and more dangerous) as they start getting closer to the truth – but can they do anything about it? Some good action (the shootout in the Guggenheim museum is especially choice), but it seems to go on longer than it really is. Also, Watts' character doesn't seem to have much of a point. Loses some steam at the end, but a solid spy thriller.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 20 Sep, 2009

Fantastic spy thriller. Everyone around me has been bagging this movie but I loved it. What a great shoot-out. It was cold and dry, but that's Tykwer's style. Owen was perfect for the lead. A good thriller always has me tense, and this one did on several occasions. Tykwer allowed for scenes to breathe and build tension beautifully. A real surprise.

When Greengrass jumped on the Bourne franchise with Supremacy, I made the mistake of assuming the producers were taking…

• Arthur Tuoto

★★ Watched by Arthur Tuoto 15 Nov, 2014

Possivelmente um dos thrillers mais genéricos que existem por ai. E olha que o Tykwer até tem seus momentos, o longo tiroteio no Guggenheim é visualmente bem interessante e tem toda uma marcação muito bem orquestrada. Tykwer é tipo um Cuarón tímido, talvez se ele conseguisse impor mais sua aptidão plástica (se é que realmente existe alguma) teríamos um filme mais inventivo. Se é pra ser vazio e zoado, que seja com vontade né queridão.

• Chris Haydon

★★★½ Watched by Chris Haydon 29 Oct, 2014

Shocked by how good this was.

The International is fantastically directed serving as equal parts visual essay and high-concept conspiracy thriller.

Tom Tykwer's camera enigmatically scales corporate rooms with the same assurance as landscaping aerials employed when his film globe-trots through Europe and onto the USA.

It offers a handful of expertly staged set pieces too - ones weighted with vigour and sharply focused brutality.

Clive Owen is a solid leading man with gravitas and grit, whilst Naomi Watts is top-notch as the pucky and sure-footed DA.

This is a smart, arresting and most importantly entertaining picture.

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 28 Oct, 2014

Although things inevitably fall flat after the Guggenheim set piece, this still remains a very solid thriller which far exceeds other recent examples such as The Bourne Legancy. Bond-level use of locations. It deserved to have done better at the box office.

• Joe DiCanio

★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 10 Sep, 2012

Rating: C-

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 10 Sep, 2009

The International is a reasonably entertaining thriller that boasts well crafted action sequences and a pair of solid and charismatic lead performances from Clive Owen and Naomi Watts, but its flawed storyline and inconsistent writing didn't allow it to get much farther than that.