• Alex

★★★½ Watched by Alex 08 Jul, 2015

Fast paced, action, thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat from the moment it starts, The International is an underrated genre film that manages to be far better than what the critics have initially thought about the film. Sure, it has moments here and there that could have been improved, but the material presented here is bold, exciting, riveting and memorable. This is a well paced affair, a film that relies on a tightly written script, very…

• eschwa22

★★★★ Added by eschwa22

8/10: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

• andibgoode

★★★½ Watched by andibgoode 23 Jun, 2015

This film was different than I thought it would be, i.e. a lot better. I'm still not certain exactly how I felt about it, but it wasn't the trash heap I thought it'd be from other ratings/reviews around the 'net. Very nice visually. And the Guggenheim is probably one of the coolest places for a shoot-out I've seen on film! (I'm impressed by the replica they built, too). I'm not sure how much I really cared about the story or characters, yet I still felt engaged? Shall have to ponder this film some more.

• Brendan Edwards

★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 12 Jun, 2015

In did not expect this film to end when it did. It seemed a bit abruptly and as if something, some kind of closure was missing. The performances from Clive Owen is great and Watts is okay though she has been better in other films. I found the shootout at the Guggenheim to be the highlight of the film. That is just suspenseful and fun to see and artistic building like that get shot to pieces ;-)

• Steve Moyle

★★★½ Added by Steve Moyle

A film about the corruption of international finance, Clive Owen is very good as usual. The supporting cast isn't perfect, It started off with awesome tension. It seems longer then it is and in the end was a fun film which was really expertly crafted but overall just didn't end up being anything other then "good".

• Doug Normand

★★ Rewatched by Doug Normand 07 May, 2015

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, and it's little wonder I can't remember anything about it. I didn't enjoy this the second time round and feel deflated I've wasted a night watching a below average movie.
    I am undecided on Clive Owen as an actor......I've seen him carry a good performance in "I'll sleep when I'm dead" and I've also seen him at his worst....."Children Of Men".
    The plot is the usual government conspiracy, exposing internal government terrorism etc etc. nothing new and no real twist.
    The only up side to this film is Armin Mueller-Stahl......

• Schizopolis

★★★½ Rewatched by Schizopolis 10 Apr, 2015

"There's a difference between truth and fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

Clive Owen is basically Fox Mulder, Jack Ryan and James Bond in this movie. He can do it all. Who knew the world of international finance could be so intriguing? Like Deep Throat said, "Follow the money."

• Erik Wong

★★★★ Rewatched by Erik Wong 10 Apr, 2015

Not sure why this doesn't have a better reputation as I think it's a solid adult thriller with very good performances and is just absolutely beautifully filmed.

• Zé Walderico

★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

A trama começa um pouco confusa mais o desenrolar é vibrante. Bom filme, recomendo!

• Wooderson

★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 30 Mar, 2015

The International is a great action thriller with a strong script. I'm not even a fan of Clive Owen but he gives a very convincing performance. Everybody's dad would love this movie.

• jokainii

Watched by jokainii 18 Mar, 2015

Boring. And dry. And boring. And flat characters. And boring.

• Kevin

★★ Rewatched by Kevin 13 Mar, 2015

I like this film. Anything that looks at corruption at the highest levels and conspiracy's is right up my street. However, The International could and should have been infinitely better. Missed opportunity.