• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Not since the days of silent movies have bankers as a group been cast so ruthlessly as villains. They used to wear waxed mustaches and throw widows and orphans out into the storm. Now the mustaches are gone. "Banker" has been incorporated into the all-embracing term "Wall Street." The bankers in "The International" broker arms deals, sell missiles under the counter and assassinate anyone who gets too snoopy. First they throw you out into the storm, then they blow you…

• Suzanne Moses

★★★★ Added by Suzanne Moses

I'm still surprised that more people didn't talk about this film. I was quite taken with it.

• Horcruxnelius Doubleboss

★★★★ Watched by Horcruxnelius Doubleboss 22 Mar, 2014

ballsy ending

• Alexander V

★★★½ Watched by Alexander V 01 Mar, 2014

The International is an espionage and high stakes international drama with guns and deceit and a pair of very distinctly good good guys played by Clive Owen (brilliantly) and Naomi Watts (meh.. miscast?), it's completely enjoyable and slick, well paced, and beautifully filmed, and easy to follow, in short the perfect a Saturday late night movie.

The plot is one of those sprawling, behind-the-scenes conspiracy, third world, big money scenarios that must have shades of truth, or lots of truth,…

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 05 Jun, 2011

78/100

• skrubow

★★ Added by skrubow

I mean at least it's got one memorable scene, right?

• Callan Bond

★★★★½ Rewatched by Callan Bond 22 Dec, 2013

Extremely underappreciated thriller, The International has all the ingredients I love in this kind of movie:

1) Verisimilitude. (A word I learned from reading about the making of Richard Donner's "Superman". Make it as real as possible)
    For a fairly fantastical conspriacy thriller about a corrupt bank, assassinations, and arms dealing, The International seems absolutely grounded in reality. The workings of the bank seem real, as does Interpol, where protagonist Clive Owen works as an agent. He has a cramped…

• John Grant

★★★ Watched by John Grant 17 Dec, 2013

Moderately engaging thriller starring Clive Owen as an Interpol Agent working with his counterpart in the NYC DA's office, Naomi Watts, to bring down a crooked international bank. The action highlight is an extraordinarily high-voltage shootemup in the Guggenheim Museum on the Upper East Side.

• Jesús Placencia

★★★ Watched by Jesús Placencia 24 Nov, 2013

Quick Review:

The material is weak, but every other aspect of the production is strong. Tykwer's direction is stylish and elegant, as you'd expect. The actors have a lot of potential and they do a good job with the material they're given. Something I really enjoyed was Tykwer's minimalistic soundtrack and the way it gets bigger as the film progresses. In the end, The International is, sadly, a superbly-made weak film.

• poembie

★★★½ Watched by poembie 16 Nov, 2013

Decent thriller.

• Lennart Schoors

★★★★ Watched by Lennart Schoors 11 Nov, 2013

Coincidentally I watched this the day after I saw Skyfall, and both are thrillers where a male potagonist chases bad guys all over the world. Even more striking is that both have a chase sequence on the roofs of the Istanbul medina. But where Skyfall excells in preposterous fights and unbelievable villains, The International takes on a totally opposing view.

Sure, there are plotholes here and there, but the essence is very good. A good pace, somewhat credible opponents, a great sense of tension, excellent music, splendid actors, ... Guts and balls!

• Cody Lang

★★★ Added by Cody Lang

Museum shoot out was good.