• jokainii

Watched by jokainii 18 Mar, 2015

Boring. And dry. And boring. And flat characters. And boring.

• Kevin

★★ Rewatched by Kevin 13 Mar, 2015

I like this film. Anything that looks at corruption at the highest levels and conspiracy's is right up my street. However, The International could and should have been infinitely better. Missed opportunity.

• Daniel Meschter

★★★ Added by Daniel Meschter

Gorgeous location shoots ameliorate an otherwise ludicrously plotted film whose script boils down to "Financiers are evil, and you must become evil to fight them." Naomi Watts seems to not even try to make her role believable; Clive Owen pulls through with sheer grizzled charisma. The minimalist score and a shootout in the Guggenheim make an otherwise potboiler work entertaining.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 23 May, 2011

An Interpol agent attempts to expose a high-profile financial institution's role in an international arms dealing ring.
    Competent and ambitious, but only fairly imaginative thriller.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 18 Feb, 2015 1

My personal preference would be for this to be a bit less talky and literal and a lot more visually impressionistic, but there's this heavy focus on both ancient and (mostly) modern architecture. There's the Hagia Sophia at the climax, or how an arms manufacturer's headquarters is here the Phaeno in Wolfsburg photoshopped into the side of an Italian cliff. And of course the incredible shootout at the Guggenheim. It's as if these structures just sprung up out of the…

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 25 Jul, 2009

Not as good as I was hoping it would be. I really like all of Tom Tykwer's other films, but this one just felt kind of flat.

• SathyA

★★½ Watched by SathyA 01 Feb, 2015

nice thriller but one time watchable.

• Flip

★★★ Watched by Flip 28 Jan, 2015

"If you kill me there will be a hundred other bankers to take my place."

Fucking bankers, eh?

Some good action in this.

• Darshansinh

★★★½ Watched by Darshansinh 18 Jan, 2015

Slick, smart paced, well shot and directed.A complete director's film. Loved it. Brilliant.

• Reece Roberts

★★★½ Watched by Reece Roberts 13 Jan, 2015

The first half of the film was pretty decent.
    A nice espionage thriller with plenty of twists and turns.
    Clive Owen's pretty damn hot.
    But then there's the shoot out, before the third act.
    And then I lost my attention.
    Pity the film couldn't pick up any more momentum to peak my interest after that.
    It got pretty predictable.

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 31 Dec, 2014

Clive Owen (solid) plays an Interpol agent trying to bring down a corrupt banking corporation dabbling in the arms trade. Not the most exciting premise for most, I would suspect, and in fact, the film needs to work overtime to maintain those levels of interest at an adequate level. For the most, it chugs along, barely, with the exception of an outstanding shootout scene that simply belongs to a far more exciting movie.

• tjeckz

★★½ Added by tjeckz

As Interpol cop Salinger and a New York D.A.'s office investigator are closing in on a huge dirty arms deal involving a prominent European bank, people start dying in mysterious ways. It keeps getting dirtier (and more dangerous) as they start getting closer to the truth – but can they do anything about it? Some good action (the shootout in the Guggenheim museum is especially choice), but it seems to go on longer than it really is. Also, Watts' character doesn't seem to have much of a point. Loses some steam at the end, but a solid spy thriller.