• Doug Normand

★★ Rewatched by Doug Normand 07 May, 2015

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, and it's little wonder I can't remember anything about it. I didn't enjoy this the second time round and feel deflated I've wasted a night watching a below average movie.
    I am undecided on Clive Owen as an actor......I've seen him carry a good performance in "I'll sleep when I'm dead" and I've also seen him at his worst....."Children Of Men".
    The plot is the usual government conspiracy, exposing internal government terrorism etc etc. nothing new and no real twist.
    The only up side to this film is Armin Mueller-Stahl......

• Schizopolis

★★★½ Rewatched by Schizopolis 10 Apr, 2015

"There's a difference between truth and fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

Clive Owen is basically Fox Mulder, Jack Ryan and James Bond in this movie. He can do it all. Who knew the world of international finance could be so intriguing? Like Deep Throat said, "Follow the money."

• Erik Wong

★★★★ Rewatched by Erik Wong 10 Apr, 2015

Not sure why this doesn't have a better reputation as I think it's a solid adult thriller with very good performances and is just absolutely beautifully filmed.

• Zé Walderico

★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

A trama começa um pouco confusa mais o desenrolar é vibrante. Bom filme, recomendo!

• Wooderson

★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 30 Mar, 2015

The International is a great action thriller with a strong script. I'm not even a fan of Clive Owen but he gives a very convincing performance. Everybody's dad would love this movie.

• jokainii

Watched by jokainii 18 Mar, 2015

Boring. And dry. And boring. And flat characters. And boring.

• Kevin

★★ Rewatched by Kevin 13 Mar, 2015

I like this film. Anything that looks at corruption at the highest levels and conspiracy's is right up my street. However, The International could and should have been infinitely better. Missed opportunity.

• Daniel Meschter

★★★ Added by Daniel Meschter

Gorgeous location shoots ameliorate an otherwise ludicrously plotted film whose script boils down to "Financiers are evil, and you must become evil to fight them." Naomi Watts seems to not even try to make her role believable; Clive Owen pulls through with sheer grizzled charisma. The minimalist score and a shootout in the Guggenheim make an otherwise potboiler work entertaining.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 23 May, 2011

An Interpol agent attempts to expose a high-profile financial institution's role in an international arms dealing ring.
    Competent and ambitious, but only fairly imaginative thriller.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 18 Feb, 2015 1

My personal preference would be for this to be a bit less talky and literal and a lot more visually impressionistic, but there's this heavy focus on both ancient and (mostly) modern architecture. There's the Hagia Sophia at the climax, or how an arms manufacturer's headquarters is here the Phaeno in Wolfsburg photoshopped into the side of an Italian cliff. And of course the incredible shootout at the Guggenheim. It's as if these structures just sprung up out of the…

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 25 Jul, 2009

Not as good as I was hoping it would be. I really like all of Tom Tykwer's other films, but this one just felt kind of flat.

• SathyA

★★½ Watched by SathyA 01 Feb, 2015

nice thriller but one time watchable.