• mturk17

★★★½ Added by mturk17

very interesting

• JuicyGS

★★½ Added by JuicyGS

Streep takes on the role of oft disliked sometimes lampooned iron lady of british politics. Her performance and accent are excellent, shame the stuttering show the film provides not so....

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 06 Apr, 2015

A great take on what was a very interesting and large personality. I learned quite a few new things about Great Britain.

I usually leave all the Meryl Streep raving to others, but she really kicks ass in this.

• Dora

★★ Watched by Dora 30 Mar, 2015

Solid performance from Meryl Streep and Jim Broadbent, but besides that it's too messy and relays too much on various speculations that have been surrounding Margaret Thatcher - it never really gives us anything specifically.

• Howway

★★★★ Watched by Howway 17 Feb, 2013

「誰說我不曾打過仗?恕我直言,我這輩子每天都在打仗,也被男人低估。」--Margaret Thatcher

Meryl Streep果然是當今「聲音演技」的翹楚,無論是《Sophie's Choice》中波德二國腔調混融的英語,《Julie & Julia》裡巨聲隆隆的頭腔共鳴,而《The Iron Lady》中道地又威嚴的牛津腔更是一絕。

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

It's not a very intrusive film, but Meryl Streep's incomparable performance holds it together throughout. I did learn quite a bit about the titular Iron Lady.

• honeylemon

★★½ Added by honeylemon

I watched this for Olivia Colman, who was good in it, despite it feeling like a Hollywood attempt to glorify Margaret Thatcher, with Meryl Streep who is usually darling misunderstanding British politics and the significance of Thatcher in British culture.

• serchs

★★★½ Watched by serchs 17 Mar, 2015

Educative.

• isthatsavannah

★★★★ Added by isthatsavannah

Good, a little hard to hear, but it was compelling. I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I had been in the mood.

• SrAsparagus

Watched by SrAsparagus 15 Mar, 2015 2

Outside of the realization of Margaret Thatcher herself - Streep's imitation and the makeup, hair, and costume design - The Iron Lady is a poor biopic. The film is presented as a frame story, where an elderly Thatcher is looking back on her career. It is not clear why she is reflecting in this way, since the driving force of the frame story is her inability to let go of the hallucination of her late husband. Nonetheless, that is the…

• KAMILLE

★★ Watched by KAMILLE 09 Mar, 2015

neither margaret thatcher nor this movie deserves meryl streep's performance

• Adam Bolden

★★ Watched by Adam Bolden 24 Feb, 2012

Margaret Thatcher (Meryl Streep) was a renowned leader known the world over for her concise conservative policies that led Great Britain into an era of great prosperity. But that's not what this movie is about. No, this movie is about a little old lady, remembering the good times and the bad times while suffering from Alzheimer's. Obviously this sounds [i]so[/i] much more exciting than a gripping political drama, right? The story severely downplays all of her accomplishments, and even her…