• Preyesh Sankarparsad

★★ Watched by Preyesh Sankarparsad 15 May, 2015

A solid performance, as always, by Meryl Streep as the iconic Margaret Thatcher, however, the film suffers as they've decided to focus on the latter parts of Thatcher's life, where she's losing it a bit, and thinking back to times that were.
    I enjoyed the parts of the movie where we were watching Thatcher's rise to Prime Minister of London, and watching her as the first female in the position, and the way the predominantly male politicians, first reject her…

• Romain Mereau

★★½ Watched by Romain Mereau 19 Apr, 2015 3

A powerhouse performance from Meryl Steep steers this play-like biopic of Britain's Margaret Thatcher. Thatcher's assertive charisma, conservative politics and strong leadership made her an undeniably formidable figure, and certainly a fascinating character for cinematic exploration.

Writer Abi Morgan and director Phyllida Lloyd inflect The Iron Lady with stage-like gravity, drawing Thatcher's moments of reflection into a distinct narrative structure. As an aged Thatcher negotiates her home with the uncertainty of dementia, conversing with her dead husband (Jim Broadbent), she…

• nukle888

★★★½ Added by nukle888

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I found it interesting that this film was set in the present day and contained a series of flashbacks that recounted Margaret's life and time as Prime Minister. I was expeccting the classic autobiographical rendition, so this was a bit of a surprise for me.

• loudscreaming

★★½ Watched by loudscreaming 29 Apr, 2015

Meryl was great but all the dutch angles and montages made me nauseous

• Nadine Keels

★★★½ Added by Nadine Keels

Didn't quite have the "oomph" I thought it might, but Streep did Streep.

• mturk17

★★★½ Added by mturk17

very interesting

• JuicyGS

★★½ Added by JuicyGS

Streep takes on the role of oft disliked sometimes lampooned iron lady of british politics. Her performance and accent are excellent, shame the stuttering show the film provides not so....

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 06 Apr, 2015

A great take on what was a very interesting and large personality. I learned quite a few new things about Great Britain.

I usually leave all the Meryl Streep raving to others, but she really kicks ass in this.

• Dora

★★ Watched by Dora 30 Mar, 2015

Solid performance from Meryl Streep and Jim Broadbent, but besides that it's too messy and relays too much on various speculations that have been surrounding Margaret Thatcher - it never really gives us anything specifically.

• Howway

★★★★ Watched by Howway 17 Feb, 2013

「誰說我不曾打過仗?恕我直言,我這輩子每天都在打仗,也被男人低估。」--Margaret Thatcher

Meryl Streep果然是當今「聲音演技」的翹楚,無論是《Sophie's Choice》中波德二國腔調混融的英語,《Julie & Julia》裡巨聲隆隆的頭腔共鳴,而《The Iron Lady》中道地又威嚴的牛津腔更是一絕。

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

It's not a very intrusive film, but Meryl Streep's incomparable performance holds it together throughout. I did learn quite a bit about the titular Iron Lady.

• honeylemon

★★½ Added by honeylemon

I watched this for Olivia Colman, who was good in it, despite it feeling like a Hollywood attempt to glorify Margaret Thatcher, with Meryl Streep who is usually darling misunderstanding British politics and the significance of Thatcher in British culture.