• OliviaShadow

Added by OliviaShadow

This film is made to make a terrible person look good

• ab

★★★★ Watched by ab 17 Aug, 2015

A brilliant portrayal of the most influential woman in British political history; Margaret Thatcher finally gets a fair, extensive and competent analysis of her time in office.
    This is the best performance I've seen of Meryl Streep thus far; from her looks to her voice to her mannerisms, she fully embodies the character of Margaret Thatcher and presents herself with wonderful grace and charm. Like Streep herself, she is a feminist icon (no matter how the left may paint her)…

• nrbeaton

★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 29 Aug, 2014

Streep gives a powerhouse performance but it's uneven in tone and never really gets around to saying anything.

• Lucas Marmol

★★ Watched by Lucas Marmol 13 Aug, 2015

It wastes a monumental potential for not focusing on her political life. Meryl Streep phenomenal (as usual) keeps it from being a total bore.

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 12 Aug, 2015

The look at the life of the first female prime minister throughout her golden days. Highly recommended.

• Denise

★★★★ Watched by Denise 31 Jul, 2015

I think Meryl Streep is the greatest character actor of my time. I'm was not very familiar with the life of Margaret Thatcher but certainly admired her as a trailblazer. As with all her roles, I can not image any other actor playing the role as well as she does.

• JosephFinn

Watched by JosephFinn 15 Jul, 2015

What a clunky bore of a movie. Terrible history that glosses over the multiple problems of the Thatcher governments and a shockingly bad Streep performance.

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5

• Travis Lee Ratcliff

Added by Travis Lee Ratcliff

I rented this movie thinking I was getting an exploitation film about a half-machine half-woman who eats communism with her metal teeth and was sorely disappointed.

• mfulton

★★★ Added by mfulton

B-

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★ Watched by Jakub Flasz 11 Jul, 2015

Speaking of biopics, "The Iron Lady" represents a rare example of a biopic that at least attempts to go off-road in terms of storytelling and pacing. In essences, this film shows us Margaret Thatcher in her most humanised form. Instead of going from cradle to grave, we see her character as frail, flawed and imperfect. She's old, sick, tired and slowly grows to realise that she's no longer relevant, which is also aptly captured in Meryl Streep's performance; a performance,…

• SJHoneywell