• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- before I begin anything, I would like to state I have no politics allegiance is, to any faction in the world of politics. But before I receive any complaints, yes I do vote, but however my allegiances changes through the years, I do what I feel is best for the country. I am stating this to make sure and crystal-clear, I have no axe to grind. Right now on to the film, it is now at your…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 08 Oct, 2012

Impressive performance by Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher. The film is told in a stream of thought manner, heavily intermixing flashbacks with present, which seems a suitable approach to depict Thatcher in her years of dementia. The film is not a biopic, it's a raw depiction of how dementia can overcome even the strongest minds and wills.

• Vincent Lao

★½ Watched by Vincent Lao 28 Mar, 2014

Even Meryl Streep's great performance cannot save this awful, lifeless biopic film about Margaret Thatcher. Meryl Streep wins her third Oscar for this wrong performance.

• NowVoyager88

★★★½ Watched by NowVoyager88 30 Oct, 2014

Admittedly, this film tries to accomplish too much. Instead of choosing one dramatic event in Thatcher's life, Lloyd forces the audience to watch a jumble of the infamous Prime Minister's greatest hits. We get a little bit of everything, which is confusing and seems bent on making us hate Thatcher. These are not her best moments, and it's obvious little thought was given to addressing the subject as anything but a warmonger.

That being said, even though the film lacks…

• Henrik Schunk

★★★½ Added by Henrik Schunk

When it was announced that Meryl Streep would be playing the part of Maggie Thatcher and the first trailers hit the cinemas, every filmfan around the world was buzzing with excitment and rightfully so as it turns out. Streep's performance is magical and shows her amazing skill in her chosen craft. Her performance alone makes this film worth watching. That, plus the great support by the ever-great Jim Broadbent. The film in itself does not dare to trod away from…

• John Tandlich

★★½ Added by John Tandlich

Meryl Streep portrays Margret Thatcher in this not so subtly veiled attack on the former Prime Minister of Britain. Streep was great as always, but the producer's desire to make this a hatchet job against Margaret Thatcher by portraying her in her declining years as a dementia-affected widow talking with the ghost of her deceased husband reveals the filmmaker's obvious left wing bias

• carolinmue

★★★ Watched by carolinmue 18 Jul, 2014

I really liked how Meryl Streep portrayed Margaret Thatcher. You found yourself smiling but also crying. Tragic. Impressive. The movie itself wasn't that good but Meryl's performance was just amazing.

• Movieman97

★★½ Added by Movieman97

Despite another terrific performance from the great Meryl Streep, which honestly is the only highlight of the whole movie, "The Iron Lady" is a dull, lifeless, and drawn-out boring biopic that tries to tell the life story of Margaret Thatcher, but instead tells it in a meandering way, going from one scene to the next without any flow or consistency. However, the aforementioned Meryl Streep is the true reason to watch the film, as she perfectly disappears into the character.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 27 Feb, 2012

The Iron Lady is a lifeless movie in which there was not a single interesting scene. It was massively boring. There seemed not to be a story to tell at all and instead of that, it was a series of disjointed scenes with no narrative fluency whatsoever.

I wasn't captivated at any moment by this movie. The acting was very good, but watching those people acting was not entertaining, because the movie itself wasn't. Of course, "those people" included none…

• Patrick Mullen

★★½ Watched by Patrick Mullen 13 Sep, 2014

This has a lot of interesting things in it and certainly has a wonderful performance from Meryl Streep, but it still largely falls flat.

The film doesn't shy away from Thatcher's controversy (except for limiting the IRA Hunger Strikes to a brief mention years after they occurred) but it also shows her strengths as a leader. I'd say it was an unbiased view of the Prime Minister, but that would be ignoring the entire frame narrative that frames her as…

• John Connor

★★½ Watched by John Connor 02 Jan, 2012

Whatever you might think of her politics, Margaret Thatcher led an undeniably fascinating life. This film, however, seems determined to tell as little of her story as possible, examining her doddering old age in more detail than any of the political achievements and ideological clashes that mark her life. It's a curious choice, and one that made the film feel incredibly slight, compared to what it might have been. Meryl Streep is so amazing she makes it watchable, but it's no better than that.

• Gonçalo

★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 08 Sep, 2014

Meryl Streep gives an excelent performance but it seems like the oscar she recieved was more like a career prize than for the performance in this film. Viola Davis or Michelle Williams should have won.