• Mark_Lemmond

★★★½ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 24 Aug, 2014

Meryl Streep has a long list of great performances to her name and she adds another one here. However the film itself doesn't match her quality, I would have really enjoyed the linear telling of her story but watching it through constant flashbacks got annoying.

• CardboardSnake

Watched by CardboardSnake 19 Aug, 2014

Streep's good, but the film itself is an aimless snoozefest.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

This is okay movie but it's not for everyone.

• scrimmer

★★½ Watched by scrimmer 20 Jul, 2014

Great performance, but the narrative doesn't quite work for me.

• Aljosa

★★ Watched by Aljosa 03 Aug, 2014

Sucked.

• Kaylen Forsyth

★★½ Added by Kaylen Forsyth

The acting was amazing but the character was historically inaccurate. Clearly made by Tories.

• SleepyDino

★★★½ Watched by SleepyDino 23 Mar, 2013

「鐵娘子:堅固柔情」
    7.5
    是演技 or 明星特質?

• Elvis Kvalbergs

★★★½ Watched by Elvis Kvalbergs 28 Jul, 2014

Merila, Merila, Merila. Filma nav izcila, bet tomēr interesanta un visu cieņu Merilai, kura var nospēlēt jebko, un profesionālajam britu vīru izpildītājam Jim Broadbent.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 11 Jul, 2014

64/100

• Marm7385

Watched by Marm7385 20 Jul, 2014

I don't know how much this film taught me about British history or about Margaret Thatcher's lasting and unique impact on it but Meryl is definitely queen of the world

• Stef

★★½ Watched by Stef 04 Jan, 2013

Question: seeing as Margaret Thatcher actually lived a really, y'know, interesting life, why does more than half of this movie focus on her old age dementia?

Meryl Streep was amazing in the title role, and the supporting cast were brilliant as well, and the camera work was lovely and the script was good, but c'mon. When I settled down to watch this movie I was expecting to follow Thatcher on her rise through her party, or the Falklands War, or…

• johncnoonan

Added by johncnoonan

From the pen of Abi Morgan (Shame) and director Phyllida Lloyd (Mama Mia!), comes The Iron Lady; a biopic of Margaret Thatcher’s political career from humble shopkeeper’s daughter to breaking ground as Britain’s first female prime minister. Set over the course of 24 hours in 2008, an aged Thatcher (Meryl Streep) reminisces on her life in (surprisingly) sequential order. In between flashbacks, she struggles with the early stages of dementia and shares chitter chatter with her dead husband, Dennis (Jim…