• JosephFinn

Watched by JosephFinn 15 Jul, 2015

What a clunky bore of a movie. Terrible history that glosses over the multiple problems of the Thatcher governments and a shockingly bad Streep performance.

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5

• Travis Lee Ratcliff

Added by Travis Lee Ratcliff

I rented this movie thinking I was getting an exploitation film about a half-machine half-woman who eats communism with her metal teeth and was sorely disappointed.

• mfulton

★★★ Added by mfulton

B-

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★ Watched by Jakub Flasz 11 Jul, 2015

Speaking of biopics, "The Iron Lady" represents a rare example of a biopic that at least attempts to go off-road in terms of storytelling and pacing. In essences, this film shows us Margaret Thatcher in her most humanised form. Instead of going from cradle to grave, we see her character as frail, flawed and imperfect. She's old, sick, tired and slowly grows to realise that she's no longer relevant, which is also aptly captured in Meryl Streep's performance; a performance,…

• SJHoneywell

★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Meryl Streep is great,
    But the movie has fewer
    Warts than it ought to.

1001plus.blogspot.com/2015/07/tory-tory-tory.html

• Matty Stanfield

½ Added by Matty Stanfield

I see no reason to not be blunt. Phyllida Lloyd's film about Margret Thatcher is the cinematic equivalent of wet bread.

No one can deny the importance of how a woman from limited means managed to climb to one of the most powerful positions in the world. Margret Thatcher's achievements in shattering the glass ceiling for women is remarkable. But it is impossible to deny that her use of power to "rebuild" Great Britain came with more than a little…

• mademoiselleem

Watched by mademoiselleem 26 Jun, 2015

Watched at home with self

Movie Challenge Prompt: N/A

• luciano2015

Watched by luciano2015 19 Jun, 2015

Just dont liked of the film style, involving politic and conservadorism to me is boring. What draws attention is the acting of Meryl Streep, she is great.

Só não gostei do estilo do filme, envolvendo politica e conservadorismo pra mim é entediante. O que chama atenção é a interpretação de Meryl Streep, ela esta ótima.

• Adamantius

★★★½ Watched by Adamantius 26 Oct, 2012

Meryl Streep's performance was flawless. Her subtle mannerisms and transformation were captivating to me. Unfortunately, it is not a movie with a plot. Before watching the movie I did not know who Margaret Thatcher was. It seems that her life was well known to the generation prior to me so there are personal feelings that shade people's interpretation of the film. But the critique that the film did not know where it was going is a legitimate critique. The director…

• Rodex

★★★½ Added by Rodex

No soy amante para nada de las películas biográficas, y menos de esta señora pero Meryl hace magia.

• Kikuchisawa

★★½ Watched by Kikuchisawa 04 Jun, 2015

Film #4 in the Meryl Streep Marathon!
    letterboxd.com/kikuchisawa/list/the-meryl-streep-marathon-june-1-5/

Welcome back to the Meryl Streep Marathon, where today we'll be taking a look at The Iron Lady.

In this film, Streep plays British prime minister Margaret Thatcher, A.K.A. Margaret Roberts, as it jumps from her early campaign, to her time as educational leader, to her prime minister years, and, finally, to her later years.

This is another generic Weinstein production, and I am not a fan of these kind of movies,…