• Amelie84

★★½ Watched by Amelie84 12 Apr, 2016

L'unico motivo per guardare questo film é l'ennesima prova di bravura di Meryl Streep. Il resto é quasi inesistente.
    Il ritratto di Margaret Thatcher é annebbiato dalla debole scelta della sceneggiatura e della regia di incedere sulla vecchiaia della protagonista.
    Nemmeno il contesto socio-politico viene descritto compiutamente.
    Rimane Meryl Streep: la sua magnificenza era cosa giá risaputa, anche prima di "The iron lady". Per fortuna é sempre un piacere vederla recitare.

• Ana Rita

★★ Watched by Ana Rita 18 Apr, 2016

I tend to kind of enjoy biographys yet I did not find this personality that interesting to deserve such a movie. On the other hand Meryl Streep was on fire during her performance I loved it!

• EvanstonDad

Added by EvanstonDad

A simply dreadful movie that wastes both the story of one of recent history's most compelling female figures and the talents of one of its most gifted actresses.

That actress is, of course, Meryl Streep, and if "Mamma Mia!" didn't show the world that even Streep's talents has its limits, I'd like to introduce this movie into evidence as exhibit B. And what do you know, both movies just happened to be directed by Phyllida Lloyd, who I know has…

• rffrydr

★★★★★ Added by rffrydr

MOVIE OF THE WEEK: "The Iron Lady"

What a fine little film on the woman we most loved to hate in politics by the woman we most loved to love in the movies. Meryl Streep hints at the contradiction in her GG acceptance speech, and the movie leaves it open as to whether greatness has been measured--or we've given measure to a has-been. I have a neighbor from York who lives just piss on Thatchter's grave. But this is "Meryl,"…

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 69

61eR ®

• Lucas Simão

★½ Watched by Lucas Simão 13 Mar, 2016

A cegueira de uma autora fanática impede ela de ver a sua própria punheta sem graça, chegando ao ponto de usar xícaras como exemplo de luta feminista, e usando de doenças como analogia de fim de carreira.

• Victoria

★★½ Watched by Victoria 06 Jun, 2012

C-

• Matt Clark

★★ Watched by Matt Clark 04 Mar, 2016

This was the perfect movie to turn on while I cleaned the house and didn't pay too much attention to the pitiful direction.

• Henry Chivers

★★★★ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 04 Mar, 2016

A very well made film about the first woman PM who had the longest time as PM (voted into power three times for a total of 11 years). Meryl Streep IS Margaret Thatcher in a film that covers the main highlights of her time in power. This film is good in that it dose not try and push you one way or the other about her. You must make your own mind up about how you feel about her. I…

• Michael Whitehead

★★ Watched by Michael Whitehead 14 Jan, 2012

This movie pissed me off. The poster and ads made it seem like it would be the story of Margret Thatcher the Prime Minister. It was a bait and switch. It was the story about a woman battling dementia that had been the Prime Minister at one time. I'd love to see a movie staring Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in her prime or Meryl playing a woman battling dementia, trying to hold onto the past, just not a mashup of both.

• Andrew R.

★★ Added by Andrew R.

Meryl tries but has to do too much heavy lifting to overcome lousy direction. Heroic portrayal of Thatcher unwanted.

• Maika Bennett