• The Film Avenger

★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

Aside from Meryl Streep's incredible performance, this film is very mediocre. Both the writing and direction are disjointed. Specifically, the jumps between the flashbacks and present day were confusing and the film just ended without really any kind of resolution or overall message. This film tried to be too many things - biopic, character study, art house - and got lost in its own identity.

I think this film was made by people who do not necessarily agree with Lady…

• Katherine

★★★½ Added by Katherine

I love Thatcher.

• redsquashy93

★★★★ Watched by redsquashy93 27 Feb, 2015

I have to say what an amazing film. I loved it! Meryl Streep has really captured an iconic lady that made history. She shows that her acting skills are second to none.

I believed that Meryl portrayed Margaret Thatcher rather well.

The research that must to have gone into this production must have been amazing.

• Jessica Kitrick

★★ Watched by Jessica Kitrick 16 Feb, 2015

I didn't hate this movie, but it left a lot to be desired. The framing was good though. And I have always been interested in British History, but it just didn't grip me as a movie on British history should. Meryl Streep does a fantastic job as Thatcher and Anthony Stewart Head is a welcome surprise, but it felt flat and it wasn't as intriguing as I had hoped it would be.

• Max_w

★★★ Watched by Max_w 08 Feb, 2015

Interesting depiction. I disliked the flashback storytelling. Thatcher herself seemed to be a bit if a jerk.

• Weishuang

★★★ Watched by Weishuang 06 Feb, 2015

too much of Julia Chad.

• Mr_Blonde

★★½ Watched by Mr_Blonde 01 Feb, 2015

"Maggie Maggie Maggie! Out out out!" - Protestors

• panos75

★★ Added by panos75

The life and times of Margaret Thatcher, from her days as a young girl working at her father's grocery store in the 40's to her retirement and battle with Alzheimer's disease 60 years later.

Rambling and borderline incoherent biopic of Great Britain's first female Prime Minister that is saved almost singlehandedly by the great Meryl Streep. The best actress of the last 40 years gives a powerhouse performance as the title character and manages to rise way above the material…

• Zoë Witt

★★★½ Added by Zoë Witt

Who's Meryl Streep?

• Roy-Petter K. Johansen

★★½ Watched by Roy-Petter K. Johansen 09 Jan, 2015

I find this film hard to rate. The acting is superb; Meryl Streep is better than ever, and her performance alone is worth 5 stars! Everyone else is acting brilliantly as well, but in a respectful and elegant way they seem to tone themselves down in order for Streep to shine in peace.

The film is shot, scored and cut better and more stylishly than I expected from a biopic by the Mamma Mia- director, so I'd give the film…

• Niels Putman

★½ Watched by Niels Putman 10 Jan, 2015

Biopics are hard to do well, but The Iron Lady doesn't even pretend to be an honest endeavor. Of course the life of late Margaret Tatcher was a turbulent one and will always be tricky to (re)present in honesty and with justice, no matter what the chosen point-of-view would be. Notwithstanding this illegitimate, subconscious prognostic disclaimer, Lloyd managed to surprise in all possible negative ways.

This film makes the journey of Tatcher look like a banal one and it is…

• michaeloalberti