• susantecno

★★ Added by susantecno

49/100

• Capra_cinefila

★★½ Added by Capra_cinefila

Il solito film alla Dardenne: disagi e abbandoni, telecamera a mano (qui più controllata) ,asciuttezza e minimalismo imperante; c'è spazio anche per qualche nota di Beethoven. La vicenda si dipana senza troppo mordente, passando per interminabili corse a piedi o in bici, con tanto di simbolismi salvifici. I momenti forti e indovinati ci sono, ma il fattore psicologico, in certi passaggi, è omesso in maniera troppo comoda. La De France pare la fatina azzurrina.
    Speranzoso, ma non consolatorio. Discreto.

• bmerry

★★★½ Watched by bmerry 22 Apr, 2016

Fifth film in my own Dardenne marathon, and for the first time I wish I wasn't watching these so close together. The 2011 Grand Prix winner plays more like a pastiche of their previous work -- a spiritual sequel to The Child that follows a blonde boy in need of a parent from The Son and the bleak single-mindedness of Rosetta. The visual style has gotten even "cleaner" since The Child, which for me isn't a plus, but their choice…

• Angie Rofer

★★★★★ Added by Angie Rofer

Haneke sabe utilizar increíblemente los silencios y las tomas relativamente largas.

• MinesofMoria

★★★½ Watched by MinesofMoria 10 Apr, 2016

Most of the time, this movie had me leaning towards never wanting to have a kid.

• Steven

★★★★ Watched by Steven 10 Apr, 2016

Loved the rawness and simplicity of this film.

• Dan Molloy

★★★½ Watched by Dan Molloy 31 Mar, 2016

Dardenne protagonists are nothing if not sincere.

• rr6013

★★★ Watched by rr6013 28 Mar, 2016

This treatment teaches how to show feelings in script by repetitive play through dialog over and over without mention of feelings the audience feels for the kid - no dialog necessary.

Amazing treatment of feeling the character through show

• classicalbg

★★★★ Watched by classicalbg 25 Mar, 2016

The story seemed cliche for the first twenty or thirty minutes. A kid is obsessed with finding his dad. He spends most of his time either deluding himself that his dad cares about him or running (and biking) away from his group home to fuel his delusion. Until...

I was glad that I hadn't seen the trailer for this film. The plot turns are superb as they gradually elevate the stakes and draw the viewer to a satisfying and revelatory conclusion.

• David SC

★★★½ Watched by David SC 13 Mar, 2016

Carece de la agresividad cotidiana en la obra de sus directores, pero no por eso se queda en menos dureza, todo lo contrario.
    En cualquiera de las películas de los Dardenne, nos encontramos con momentos que hacen que la percepción de la realidad en los personajes, se reflejen en el espectador como patadas en el estomago. Cuentan vidas anónimas sin esperanza, y aquí no es una excepción, pero en este caso es más limpio, menos desgarrador, pero igual de impactante.
    Genios que logran que la mugre y la miserie calen en ti como si uno mismo viviera en la calle.

• Jake A

★★★½ Watched by Jake A 06 Mar, 2016

Although the title strongly alludes to the Dardenne Brothers' spiritual forefathers of Italian Neo-Realism, this film by the current reigning champions of Neo-Neo-Realism (which is really more like some sort of Allegorical Social Realism) could just as easily be seen as their entry into the long, proud Gaelic tradition of fraught coming-of-age films, descending from Truffaut's The 400 Blows or in this case Maurice Pialat's Naked Childhood in particular. As such, it's both somewhat less distinctive than other Dardenne Brothers…

• Rashid

Added by Rashid

Don't they have access to bike locks in Belgium?