• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• James Utley

★★★★½ Watched by James Utley 12 Oct, 2014

I've heard good things about Two Days One Night, and so I pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon, soon to be arriving in about a week. I decided, in the meantime, to watch The Kid with a Bike - another film by the Dardenne Brothers who directed Two Days One Night. Needless to say, I'm now extremement excited to recieve that blu-ray.

With the type of story it is, it could usually get only four stars maximum because it's not really…

• Maksi

★★★★ Watched by Maksi 27 Sep, 2014

Tout coule si extraordinairement bien. www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttTpZHQgJw

• Jesue Valle

★★★★½ Watched by Jesue Valle 25 Sep, 2014

This hit me right in the gut.

• Zifeng_Kevin

★★★★★ Added by Zifeng_Kevin

Another masterpiece of the Dardenne Brothers. Charging, emotional and inspiring.

• Cameron Croston

★★★★★ Watched by Cameron Croston 23 Sep, 2014

Such a powerful, beautiful, and moving film. Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne are true masters of cinema.

• funsohng

Watched by funsohng 21 Sep, 2014

The Kid with a Bike is yet another predictably masterful Dardennes film; it's a restrained yet extremely affectionate look at youth desperation, carefully woven through Dardennes' signature direction and a fantastic performance by young Thomas Doret.

• jb_86

★★★★ Watched by jb_86 15 Sep, 2014

How in the world did the Dardennes pull this one off? How did they do it? Again. How did they open my heart to a young kid who seemed like such an annoyingly clichéd brat innitially? Sure, we know why young Cyril is always running, always frowning, always violently pushing for the smallest glimmer of hope to see the father who abandoned him, apparently without any notice. The same father who sold the kid's bike, something the father would, at…

• Daniel Sarath

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Sarath 16 Sep, 2014

Another understated but immensely powerful film from the Dardennes. With their typically urgent style of social realism, The Kid With A Bike follows a young boy looking for some kind of connection -- whether from a loving hairdresser who agrees to see him on weekends or a local thug who takes him under his wing -- having being abandoned by his father. 15-year-old Thomas Doret's subtle and humane performance in the lead role is absolutely outstanding, especially considering his age.

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★½ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 07 Sep, 2014

Y'all weren't fucking around with the Dardennes love. Half beautiful, half tragic, all real. Handheld camerawork feels raw and immaculate at the same time. Samantha is the down-to-earth version of Atticus Finch. The kid that plays Cyril is amazing, completely selling wha could be considered character inconsistencies by never letting the audience forget the undercurrent of his emotions. Must watch all the rest of those folks' films.

• Etan Weisfogel

★★★★½ Watched by Etan Weisfogel 02 Sep, 2014

This is my first Dardenne Brothers film - I wanted to start with Rosetta, but couldn't find it, and this was on Netflix Instant. I appreciated this film's insistence on avoiding every possible convention of this type of story. I think most writers/directors would want the child to accept his father's rejection of him much more quickly, so that we could relate to his intelligence and emotional maturity; also, we wouldn't get bored watching someone discover something that has already…

• Sean Balanger

★★½ Watched by Sean Balanger 01 Sep, 2014 2

This film reminded me a bit of Truffaut's The 400 Blows. It could perhaps be seen as a continuation of that story. We have another French kid that's always running around trying to escape the life he lives. He becomes increasingly destructive to himself and others. This changes, though, when he realizes he doesn't need his father because he has found someone else who cares for him. I found that change to be dealt with pretty abruptly here. One minute…