• Alex Repole

★★½ Watched by Alex Repole 17 Dec, 2014

Am I the only one who found Cyril incredibly annoying for the first 20 minutes?

J'adore le cine français mais ca c'est pas le meilleur. Ce était un peu enneyeux et je ne étais pas captivé.

Je crois que l'histoire était bonne mais le conte je était pas

• MrBlers

★★½ Watched by MrBlers 06 Dec, 2014

Pero que inadaptado es este niño madre!

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★½ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 06 Dec, 2014

Not as good as the other Dardenne movies I've seen, but still pretty good.

• Nick Hansen

★★★★ Watched by Nick Hansen 05 Dec, 2014

I think I'm falling in love with the Dardenne brothers

• Hannah

★★★ Watched by Hannah 01 Dec, 2014

though well-made and featuring an enormously sympathetic performance from the lead child actor, the kid with a bike never really pulls you in. you watch it, respectful, but it doesn't spark to life. a lot of the character's motivations (especially samantha's) are never addressed, and though cyril spends a lot of the film on the move, the film feels inert--occasionally scenes like bright flashes of light will appear (the scene in the car with cyril and samantha), but are just as quickly swallowed back up into the dreary repetition of naturalism.

• Brandon Singh

★★★★★ Watched by Brandon Singh 01 Dec, 2014 2

A very simple, but very beautiful movie about a child experiencing a horribly rough spot in his life. The Dardennes knock it out of the park again! These two have jumped up my all-time favourite list of directors. I am eagerly anticipating their next film in delight.

Final Grade: A+

• Malick Kaufman

★★★★½ Watched by Malick Kaufman 01 Dec, 2014

Film #1 of The December Challenge 2014...and it's a knockout.

The first act is gut-wrenching. Cyril just wants his dad. It's gut-wrenching because every adult who hears him knows that his dad doesn't want Cyril, but of course, they can't tell him that. He's set on the idea that his dad's absence is only temporary. He refuses to believe that his dad would ever sell his own treasured bicycle. It must've been stolen. Even as it becomes clear to him…

• David Thomson

★★★ Watched by David Thomson 17 Nov, 2014

I certainly didn't feel I was watching the work of the genius auteurs the dardenne brothers have been hyped up to be, but it was a solid film. There were a few moments where I felt the narrative POV got off track and took me out of the story, and some of the characterization lacked depth, but all in all I was compelled.

• David Thomson

★★★ Watched by David Thomson 27 Oct, 2014

• russman

★★★½ Watched by russman 19 Nov, 2014 2

I swear that kid is going to get run over by a car someday

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★ Watched by Cappie Chamberlain 14 Nov, 2014

The Kid with a Bike is a good film, it may even be a great one - its qualities are many. It just so happens to have the most annoying and frustrating child lead imaginable. The kid isn't entirely to blame, the script betrays him frequently, but he is certainly too bratty to be likeable, which makes the story inaccessible.

After the brilliance of Two Days, One Night this feels a little disappointing - but I think the Dardennes have assured direction and the film's highlights are great.

• RyanP

Watched by RyanP 13 Nov, 2014

"He'll forget me."

The Kid with a Bike is a tender and sincere film of great emotional power. Though it has a great deal of flaws; at it's emotional core is a soulful and genuine experience.

The film centers around a young child in denial about the fact that his father wants nothing to do with him. A compassionate and attractive hair dresser offers to take care of him on weekends. The kid might come across as an aggravating character…