• David Thomson

★★★ Watched by David Thomson 17 Nov, 2014

I certainly didn't feel I was watching the work of the genius auteurs the dardenne brothers have been hyped up to be, but it was a solid film. There were a few moments where I felt the narrative POV got off track and took me out of the story, and some of the characterization lacked depth, but all in all I was compelled.

• David Thomson

★★★ Watched by David Thomson 27 Oct, 2014

• russman

★★★½ Watched by russman 19 Nov, 2014 2

I swear that kid is going to get run over by a car someday

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★ Watched by Cappie Chamberlain 14 Nov, 2014

The Kid with a Bike is a good film, it may even be a great one - its qualities are many. It just so happens to have the most annoying and frustrating child lead imaginable. The kid isn't entirely to blame, the script betrays him frequently, but he is certainly too bratty to be likeable, which makes the story inaccessible.

After the brilliance of Two Days, One Night this feels a little disappointing - but I think the Dardennes have assured direction and the film's highlights are great.

• RyanP

Watched by RyanP 13 Nov, 2014

"He'll forget me."

The Kid with a Bike is a tender and sincere film of great emotional power. Though it has a great deal of flaws; at it's emotional core is a soulful and genuine experience.

The film centers around a young child in denial about the fact that his father wants nothing to do with him. A compassionate and attractive hair dresser offers to take care of him on weekends. The kid might come across as an aggravating character…

• Thomas Williams

★★★ Added by Thomas Williams

The film IS just as exciting as it's title portends it to be; but it would be unfair to slight this foreign language film in that manner as it doesn't aim for excitment or pulse-pounding thrills.

Nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film in 2011 and also a big winner at that year's Cannes Film Festival, this Belgian film is another stark and emotionally devastating film from Luc and Jean-Paul Dardenne (L'Enfant and Lorna's Silence are the…

• pillole di cinema

★★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 11 Aug, 2014

Il senso d'essere genitori emerge potente da Il ragazzo con la bicicletta. Forse solo il loro amore assurdo può fermare la spirale del male.

• Jon Baum

★★★★★ Watched by Jon Baum 27 Oct, 2014

Family, are the people who care about you. It's not your bloodline, its not whose responsible for you, its not the people you work for or pledge allegiance to. Family are the people who chose to love you unconditionally.

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• James Utley

★★★★½ Watched by James Utley 12 Oct, 2014

I've heard good things about Two Days One Night, and so I pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon, soon to be arriving in about a week. I decided, in the meantime, to watch The Kid with a Bike - another film by the Dardenne Brothers who directed Two Days One Night. Needless to say, I'm now extremement excited to recieve that blu-ray.

With the type of story it is, it could usually get only four stars maximum because it's not really…

• Maksi

★★★★½ Watched by Maksi 27 Sep, 2014

Tout coule si extraordinairement bien. www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttTpZHQgJw

• Jesue Valle

★★★★½ Watched by Jesue Valle 25 Sep, 2014

This hit me right in the gut.