• Fredrik Fyhr

★★★★ Rewatched by Fredrik Fyhr 21 Nov, 2014

"Ah, what's the difference..."

Perhaps the greatest "unsung" movie line in history.

• Gex

★★★ Watched by Gex 18 Nov, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Njabs Phungula

★★★★ Rewatched by Njabs Phungula 18 Nov, 2014

I wasn't so crazy about this this time around but it's still great to watch. Oh, and the ending...

• Mark Polak

★★★★★ Watched by Mark Polak 16 Nov, 2014

I'm a sucker for heist movies, and this is one of the best. The film is as intricately constructed as the caper that is depicted. With it's great use of character actors, great dialogue and brilliant direction this is essential viewing.

• Rick Scheutzow

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rick Scheutzow 12 Nov, 2014

Definitely of the most intense gritty film-noirs. A must see for genre and Kubrick fans!

• Amrit Rukhaiyaar

★★★★ Watched by Amrit Rukhaiyaar 12 Nov, 2014

Al right, it is a Kubrick film. a brilliant Heist film, Fast Cuts, Tracking Shots and other innovative Camera Angle, expensive looking sets, smart use of non-linear narration and a dozen other attractive elements.

So, What, this is cliché, there was nothing in this movie, I haven't seen before.

But wait, this came in 1956. What I have seen came decades later.

Their lies the brilliance, this film is decades ahead of his time and a huge leap in film making for the time being. A Smart film that makes other better films of the 1950s look dated.

• joelymalereview

★★★ Watched by joelymalereview 11 Nov, 2014

An intriguing premise, fantastic cinematography and great acting come together to make The Killing; an enjoyable, albeit unspectacular, film.

On a side note the ending is outstanding. Easily one of the best endings of recent memory.

• Ria

★★★ Watched by Ria 11 Nov, 2014

Val, you fucking greasy asshole!

• Jook

★★★ Watched by Jook 10 Nov, 2014

A bit silly.

• Hannah M

★★★ Watched by Hannah M 06 Nov, 2014

This was pretty good. I have a tough time with noir, but I recently discovered it's detective-based noir I dislike most. Noir-style stories that aren't centered around detectives, such as Sunset Blvd., Double Indemnity, and In a Lonely Place, fare much better with me. I wasn't struck by this the way I was any of those, and I was fully aware throughout that this was someone TRYING to make a noir film -- a lot of the dialogue seemed almost…

• katia_aitak

★★★★ Watched by katia_aitak 07 Nov, 2014

Saw it for the first time on the big screen. Such a great film!

• allflicker

★★★ Added by allflicker

The heist and payoff in this noir classic are wonderful but the pulpy characters and dialogue haven't aged well.