• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 04 Mar, 2015 1

A ratos me ha recordado a Reservoir Dogs y a Pulp Fiction y eso habla, mucho y bien, de su grandeza. Nada menos que 36 y 38 años de diferencia respectivamente entre la cinta de Kubrick y las de Tarantino. Un visionario.

Fay: —Johnny, you've got to run!
    Johnny Clay: —Eh... what's the difference?

• Luke McCarthy

★★★★ Watched by Luke McCarthy 03 Mar, 2015

The New Years Resolutions - Film #12
    (Kubrick 2/5)

A taught, tightly plotted heist film which illustrates just how great 'early Kubrick' can be. The Killing's slim running time only enhances it's propulsive pace; every minute feels essential to the narrative, forcing us to never lose focus of what's on screen. As to be expected, the cinematography is wonderful, each composition demonstrating an attention-to-detail which Kubrick will eventually become famous for. The performances are mostly great here, especially Sterling Hayden;…

• danote

★★★★★ Watched by danote 01 Mar, 2015

Hace poco anunciaron a esta exposición en el museo de arte contemporáneo de mi ciudad, y para ir bien estudiado, me propuse ver las películas de Kubrick que me faltan. Cronológicamente, The Killing era la primera en la lista.

The Killing es una película sobre un grupo de ladrones que decide robar un hipódromo, y sobre un par de intrusos que decide robar al grupo de ladrones. Las cosas por supuesto se complican y nada sale como lo planeado. La…

• Adam Cook

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Cook 01 Mar, 2015

Film #11 of The Cinematheque's 24 Hour Movie Marathon

• Cam Smith

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cam Smith 01 Mar, 2015

*24 Hour Film Festival selection #11 at Vancouver's Pacific Cinematheque.

• Adam Batty

Rewatched by Adam Batty 01 Mar, 2015

Looks like a LIFE photo set.

I like the way that all of the appartments look the same.

Part of me wishes he'd remade it himself in the 1980s.

• Ben Cornish

★★★★ Watched by Ben Cornish 15 Feb, 2015

The dog cost it half a star.

• punkduck

Rewatched by punkduck 05 Jan, 2015

Bedroom, Portland, Maine

• sleepingjamie

★★★★ Rewatched by sleepingjamie 28 Feb, 2015

Saw this ages ago but didn't really remember it at all. It's good. Narratively tight heist story with all extraneous material removed. Great performances and a tense finale with non-linear story telling. The beginnings of a master.

• Imani Chacha

★★★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 21 Feb, 2015

The killing is a really fun heist movie with fun characters and a well-told plot. The husband and wife relationship depicted in this film is humorously depressing and I thought the ending was perfect. And by the way, the bar fight is absolutely hilarious!

• Noah Baker

★★★★ Watched by Noah Baker 13 Jan, 2015

Awesome ending. And a nice introduction for me to noir.

• Miles Lamensky

★★★½ Watched by Miles Lamensky 18 Feb, 2015

The time will come when I appreciate such brilliance more than I do now ... At this point, however, I can comprehend the manliness of Sterling Hayden, what with his bronzed muscles and speed-talking in a low rumbling voice. Coleen Gray also kills it with a unique charm and seduction which left me entirely convinced and won over. As for the story, well, it's nothing too fancy. Just good old-fashioned take-the-money-and-run with a fantastic (and rather heart-wrenching if not expected) finale.