• RetroReef

★★★★★ Watched by RetroReef 04 Jul, 2015

Great to see Kubrick had it right off the bat.

• Pedro Sombrero

★★★★ Watched by Pedro Sombrero 04 Jul, 2015

l'ultimo grande noir, il primo grande kubrick

• Prince Jhonny

★★★★ Watched by Prince Jhonny 01 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

By far the best advertisement for suitcase locks I've ever seen

• soydisainer

★★★★★ Added by soydisainer

Es un deleite ver que alguien en 1956 hizo cosas que todo mundo copia, replica y piratea incluso 60 años después.

• weouthere

★★½ Watched by weouthere 22 Feb, 2015

*DVD*

• Icebjerga

★★★★ Added by Icebjerga

I hate when Hollywood remakes everything these days, but I think I could make an exception if The Killing fell into good hands. Give it to someone good, have them improve the ending and then we may have 5 stars here.

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

Intriguing, stimulating crime thriller. Not one of my favorite Kubrick films, I prefer the post-Spartacus era. What I loved the most was the story's style of being told, much similarly to Pulp Fiction.

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★ Watched by Tarryn-tino 25 Jun, 2015 2

I really enjoyed this.

I don't know why, but I went into thinking that I wasn't going to, but I was very impressed. Someone mentioned to me that QT got a lot of inspiration from this film and by the end of it, I could see exactly why! Thank goodness movies like this existed to help inspire people like QT.

It took a little bit of getting into, I think it started off a bit slow/weird for me, but I…

• paul

★★½ Watched by paul 24 Jun, 2015 2

Does an interesting look into the past make for an interesting film…. that’s the question.
    The Killing is Stanley Kubrick’s 3rd feature film, and the one that got him “on the map”, mainly due to the fact that he snagged then leading man Sterling Hayden to play Johnny, the mastermind of a race track heist.

While the script (also penned by Kubrick) is seriously mired in 1956 in both its film noir style and in the way in which it…

• emina

★★★★½ Watched by emina 20 Jun, 2015

Its fast, raw and out of controle

• Cameron Croston

★★★★½ Watched by Cameron Croston 14 Jun, 2015

This film is filled with memorable characters, moments, and camera work. The ending is magnificent.

• RonnieGardocki

★★★★ Watched by RonnieGardocki 12 Jun, 2015

This is a prequel to Luck, right?