• Julia

Watched by Julia 03 Feb, 2016

wasn't weisler supposed to be so smart and careful???? THEN WHY did he leave a huge red fingerprint on the fucking report if he was...... i'm losing my sleep over this weak ass resolution

• jto111

★★★½ Added by jto111

An honourable, if slightly overrated, drama from director Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck.

• Chris

★★★★½ Watched by Chris 31 Jan, 2016

Watched this as part of The Movie World Trip – Part Three: Europe

One of the best german movies I've ever seen.

• Jye Briscoe

★★★★ Watched by Jye Briscoe 29 Jan, 2016

Still working my way through various "best movies" lists, I've finally watched The Lives of Others, which I've put off watching for years for no real reason whatsoever.

This slow paced film manages to stay engaging throughout, providing some real thrilling moments of suspense and anxiety.

• Carrie Nelson

★★★½ Watched by Carrie Nelson 22 Jan, 2016

I suspect I would have gotten a lot more out of this film had I walked into it with a more in-depth understanding of the Communist regime of East Germany. For obvious and valid reasons, the film assumes that the viewer will be approaching the film with a certain level of background knowledge. Since I didn't have that, I think my appreciation can only go so far.

That said, it's a beautifully produced film. Save for that one scene with…

• soccerjulchen

★★★★½ Added by soccerjulchen

Packender und ergreifender Film

• Luis Cardel

★★★ Watched by Luis Cardel 18 Jan, 2016

Poetic, well made, storyline that opens and closes, good acting, missing some cinematography or visual proposal.

• Nicole Miles

★★★½ Added by Nicole Miles

Engrossing

• bingoringo

★★★★½ Added by bingoringo

Amazing political drama with a mesmerizing performance from the late ulrich mühe.

• oolalaa

★★★★ Added by oolalaa

39/50

• Rich

★★★★★ Watched by Rich 29 Dec, 2015 1

One of the greatest movies of the 21st century for sure.

• Vexen

★★★★ Watched by Vexen 23 Dec, 2015

Isn't Wiesler the cutest character ever? Mix of stern, voyeurish guy but with a huge heart