• kcooley

★★★★½ Rewatched by kcooley 27 Sep, 2014

Liked this a lot. I cried a little.

• Jake Miles

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jake Miles 28 Sep, 2014

I watched this film when it first came out and liked it but certainly did not love it. This was the first rewatch since 2006 I was blown away by it! Great movie. Love the ending!!

• Priscilla

★★★★★ Watched by Priscilla 22 Sep, 2014

Beauty against ideology.

Beautiful.

Touching.

• stillmatic94

★★★★★ Added by stillmatic94

Amazing detail, great characters and plot

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

This gripping thriller-drama plays with human emotions in an expert fashion; by the time The Lives of Others's credits roll, it will have touched your life as well.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 19 Aug, 2010

Set in East Berlin in the 1980s during the Cold War, this is a brilliantly made, perfectly slowly paced, thrilling, and, in every single aspect, a remarkable film. The plot doesn't have many characters or locations but everything was in its right place and magnificently directed and that resulted in a compelling and completely absorbing motion picture. The acting was superb, in particular Ulrich Mühe, who didn't need to speak much in order to deliver one of the most mesmerizing…

• Pedro Cinemaxunga

★★★★ Watched by Pedro Cinemaxunga 15 Aug, 2014

I really regret postponing this movie for so long.

• Diego Garrido

½ Added by Diego Garrido

Aburrida hasta decir basta. 2 veces.

• John

★★★★ Watched by John 10 Aug, 2014

Very solid, well-constructed film about a very interesting period of Germany's history. Weird to think it's only been 24-25 years since Germany reunified.

• Sean Balanger

★★★★ Watched by Sean Balanger 03 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adam

★★★★ Watched by Adam 27 Jul, 2014

A tense and intriguing film with an impressively understated and nuanced performance from the late Ulrich Muhe at it's centre.

• Fesapo