• JurassicGriffin

★★★★½ Rewatched by JurassicGriffin 28 Oct, 2014

This is the perfect example of rock and roll horror. It has the attitude of rock and roll while telling a compelling, frightening horror tale. I adored it when I first saw it, and I still do.

• Michael Little

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Little 30 Oct, 2014

The Loved Ones is the best horror film i've seen in some time. It's original, frightening and utterly insane. Not a single thing I didn't like about it.

• angel ojeda

★★★ Watched by angel ojeda 27 Oct, 2014

a fun horror film. nothing great but nothing terrible. it does tend to hit all the usual tropes. guess what happens to the lone law enforcement officer in this. i wish they had built up lola's character a bit more. you see her for about a minute early in the film and then all of a sudden she is a sociopath. the actress does a fine job though. there is also an oddly wedged in side story following the kidnapped teen's best friend going to the prom. i wish that could've been a separate film. i'd definitely watch that.

• Kev.

★★★★ Watched by Kev. 28 Oct, 2014

Am I not pretty enough?

as soon as you think you've seen all this film has to offer, it serves up some deliciously macabre twists that keep things fresh and compelling. this movie is bloody good fun. the side-plot involving Brent's best friend and the girl might seem pointless at first, but it all connects in the end. and unlike most horror films, i think this one had a satisfying ending. man, this shit was too good. bitch is crazy.

• ShamusAndreas

★★★★ Watched by ShamusAndreas 24 Oct, 2014

Surprisingly good, I mean, it's really messed up but that's the point, one of those movies in the "fucked-up family" genre that will probably make you feel uncomfortable. Arguably a little too incestuous :P

• Neil Martin

★★★★ Watched by Neil Martin 26 Oct, 2014

Gloriously demented. I've grown very weary of anything torture related but every now and then the sub genre can still hit all the right notes when done well.

• rossboyask

★★★½ Watched by rossboyask 26 Oct, 2014

Very nasty and gory, but very good indeed if you like that sort of thing.

• Wes Hall

★★★★ Watched by Wes Hall 26 Oct, 2014

+ Likeable, interesting and watchable characters. Something high school horror rarely gets right!
    + Unexpected twists and turns
    + Superb performances all around, most notably Robin Mcleavy's Princess, a horror icon in the making!
    + Consistently tense, unnerving, relentlessly gruesome and unsettling. It'll make even jaded horror cynics squirm!
    + Pushes the boundaries of taste but never seems gratuitous, mean spirited or OTT
    + Perfect use of the early naughties phenomena of unintentionally creepy, insecure lady pop songs
    + Excellently…

• Deena Edwards

★★★ Watched by Deena Edwards 26 Oct, 2014

The heck did I just watch?! This was pretty insane--- even by my standards, but not necessarily in a bad way. I was skeptical going into it, however it was just twisted enough to keep my attention all the way through to the end. I wouldn't consider it one of the best horror movies I've seen by a long shot, but if you're a fan of psycho torture serial killer-y films, it's definitely worth a watch at least once.

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 25 Oct, 2014

"Your my first drilling".

• Chris Ward

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ward 25 Oct, 2014

Great Aussie torture movie with a cool teenage angle.

• Ridley327

★★★★½ Watched by Ridley327 20 Oct, 2014

One of the pull-quotes for The Loved Ones described it as "Sixteen Candles meets The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Prom-set horror films aren't exactly new news, but I don't think I've ever seen one that mixes a film like that in the mix. While I certainly wouldn't expect a film to live up to that one (it is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, after all), I was intrigued enough to check it out, as well as being persuaded by generally strong, favorable…