• Paul Dyson

★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Dyson 27 Sep, 2014

I watched this a second time by accident (DAMMIT Amazon, why don't you warn if I add a film I've rented before to my rental list). But actually that was okay; enjoyed it the first time round and even more the second. A film that really gets what horror is about: not just showing the most explicit violence or by-the-numbers shocks but leaving you with a nagging doubt that this is all rather plausible and maybe not too far away.

• Ferg

★★★★ Added by Ferg

Sharp as a razor and bloodier than all hell is the only way to describe this movie. Went in dark, loved it. And the central roles were perfectly cast.

• Daniel Ulysses

Added by Daniel Ulysses

I'm flummoxed as to why Loved Ones has been getting so much good press. It isn't funny, scary, suspenseful, cinematic, or even particularly ugly. Very uninspired, with a cast of histrionic, flat characters. I felt like the father's lobotomized slave: sitting blankly through tedious torture scenes, wishing it would all be over. The only thing I find shocking is that it's at the top of many 'Best Horror of 2012' lists.

• Grimbo

★★★½ Watched by Grimbo 19 Sep, 2014

An awesomely hateable teen girl kidnaps her high school crush in this dark and entertaining australian horror.

it has a few twists, one which you should see coming and another that you probably won't.

Pisses over Wolf Creek in the oz horror stakes.

• Natasha C.

★★★½ Watched by Natasha C. 15 Sep, 2014 2

Ah those rejected psychos...

• Spencer Joseph

★★½ Watched by Spencer Joseph 01 Sep, 2014

The loved ones was disturbing and an interesting gender switch for a horror film. But at the end of the day it grossed me out and felt like it dragged even though it's only 84 Mintues long.

• witchyhellbroth

★★★★ Added by witchyhellbroth

rly disappointed that the main dude is not as hot irl as he is in this movie (minus the gross hair and stuff). rly enjoyable i don't think it's necessarily deserving of the 98% rating on rotten tomatoes but it's fun nonetheless

• Andrew James

★★★★½ Added by Andrew James

This, I’m told, is why the midnight madness program exists. You will be hard pressed in 2009 to find a more fun experience in the cinema than at a jazzed up crowd in a theater screening The Loved Ones. Part Misery, part Texas Chainsaw Massacre, part Carrie part Prom Night and even a little bit of Motel Hell thrown in for good measure are all of the ingredients needed for a fantastic horror spectacle that combines action, suspense, thrills and…

• Rti03

★★½ Watched by Rti03 22 Aug, 2014

"You're the Prince, that's why i can't find one i like. It's always been you daddy."
    -Lola

This is a film that had been on my watchlist for quite a while but only now five years after it's release was i able to see it. This is defined by most as one of the best horror movies to be made in the last decade or so, it's described as been darkly funny and highly original plus the 98% on Rotten…

• jmhuston

★★★ Added by jmhuston

Finally a movie that proves there just has to be a better way to do prom than the american system

• Laurissa

★★★ Watched by Laurissa 16 Aug, 2014

A bit disappointed after all the rave reviews about how different this movie was. Definitely a stand out in the genre but it still fell pray to predictability. The actress that portrays Lola is definitely a stand out. Overall a good horror flick.

• Jade

★★★½ Watched by Jade 13 Aug, 2014

A sadistic prom queen's blood-soaked revenge may be a tad derivative, but a couple of unsettling twists pull The Loved Ones away from generic slasher Hell. Also chilling is the dark humour that swirls in grotesque horror against pink satin and glitter bits. Above all, Robin McLeavy's compellingly disturbing antagonist makes this horror venture worth a peek.