• Aditya Gm

★★★★★ Added by Aditya Gm

A groundbreaking influence for all science fiction films. Great visual effects, cinematography, sound design and acting all make this a classic, an unforgettable classic recommended for everyone. A must see masterpiece.

• Amanda Hamilton

★★★½ Rewatched by Amanda Hamilton 14 May, 2015

So begins my experiment re-watching the Matrix trilogy (technically a quadrology counting "The Animatrix")

What's weird about revisiting these movies is that the early 2000's was so indebted to the Matrix movies in terms of scifi action that for a while, our family for our weekly movie night gravitated towards Matrix-y movies.

What's also weird is how little I remember about them years after I watched them when they've gone out to pasture. The first I remember the most about…

• Marco

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marco 17 May, 2015

God damn after 16 years the Matrix still looks great and is a feat of incredible work. Groundbreaking for its time, and I think still is today, The Matrix is simply an epic piece of cinema!

• Mike Torchic

★★★★ Added by Mike Torchic

Now this film is one of the best action movies ever. The special fx are very polished and look clean and precise. The story is interesting, BUT... Could be confusing and hard to understand at times. The characters are good, but I feel that they could have been better developed and had a wider range of emotion. The wachowskis really shine and their talent is at its peak. If only they could do it again amiright?

• Ben Radetski

★★★★ Watched by Ben Radetski 10 May, 2015

Great movie, probably the most influential Sci Fi movie since Star Wars.

• Jonathan Lee

★★½ Rewatched by Jonathan Lee 10 May, 2015

This damn movie made the early 21st Century very hard to live in... and not in fun or constructive ways.

• andcam

★★★★★ Watched by andcam 08 May, 2015

Been a while since I've seen it. Still totally holds up, still superb cinema.

• Ed Glendenning

★★★★ Rewatched by Ed Glendenning 08 May, 2015

A chance to catch up with The Matrix on the T.V should not be ignored.

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★★½ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 20 Apr, 1999

One of the few things Keanu's been in that he's been the right flavour for. I like the mild existential angst it engenders, and can overlook the foolish thermodynamic misunderstanding that forms a foundation stone of the whole enterprise.

I do wish they hadn't tried to make a trilogy of it.

• Jenni

★★★½ Rewatched by Jenni 05 May, 2015

Disclaimer: I watched the Rifftrax.

After watching Johnny Mnemonic I figured I might as well keep with the Keanu theme. I've seen this a million times, and it holds up decently well. I know the film changed western action films, but man did some of the CG look awkward. Better if you can pretend it exists in a vacuum where the other films never happened.

• LordZedd15

★★★★½ Added by LordZedd15

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

There are those films that can be considered game-changers in their field. A Trip To The Moon, The Great Train Robbery, The Public Enemy, King Kong, The Godfather, Psycho, The Terminator. While it may be a bit pretentious to put The Matrix with the likes of those masterpieces, I don’t think it’s that much of stretch. Andy and Lana Wachowski’s 1999 flick is one of the best of its kind. A smart, slick sci-fi actioner that helped redefine both of…

• jonascavalcanti