• Chris Allred

★★★½ Added by Chris Allred

Fun sci-fi, and great special effects, but I have never found it to be quite the classic that everyone claims it is.

• Grant Berridge

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grant Berridge 02 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This movie is nearly flawless. I just love it. Relentlessly great right through the end credits, with Rage Against The Machine pumping out the immortal WAKE UUUUP!!!

There's so much texture, grit and campy action. If only they had left out the scene where Trinity kisses Neo back to life through the telephone. That was kinda cringe-inducing. I think they misplayed it a little.

• Stacey Bates

★★★★ Watched by Stacey Bates 30 Jun, 2015

The Terminator/X-Men: Days of Future Past/The Host/Divergent/The Lego Movie ? Obviously with the exception of the first one, all those movies must have been inspired by various aspects of 'The Matrix', which is a pretty impressive span of influence for just one film.
    Though the fighting choreography was a little corny for a viewer whose seen 16 years of improved special effects since this film's release, the idea behind the Matrix is a unique spin on the "robots take over…

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★★ Rewatched by SammyBronkowitz 08 Feb, 2015

As expected, it lost some of its wow factor, although it still holds up. Like every revolutionary popculture sensation, it has been copied to death, but it also remains the best! After 16 years of action movies with slow motion Wire Fu and bullet time shoot outs, the visual precision and craftsmanship of this movie still remains unsurpassed. And the script is still as tight as a 2 hour movie that mixes cyberpunk, SciFi, philosophy and fantasy elements can be. Sure, it has its plotholes, but I still can’t think of any frame that I would remove from it.

• whatthehec_tor

★★★★★ Rewatched by whatthehec_tor 30 Jun, 2015

"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

HOLY F**KING SHIT! What a way to end my 30 Days of 90s Action. I remember watching this movie in the theaters at just 5 years old, and truly remember being blown away by what was on-screen. Though not being able to understand some…

• JohnPero

★★★★★ Added by JohnPero

One of the most symbolic American movies of all time!

• eschwa22

★★★½ Added by eschwa22

7/10: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

• Cait Cibulsky

★½ Watched by Cait Cibulsky 03 Apr, 2014

zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

• teganht

★★★½ Added by teganht

i get a lot of good nostalgia from this ok?

• Chris

★★★★★ Added by Chris

This film established my appreciation for what goes on beyond the cinema screen and what is presented to us. In fact, my first ever short documentary was on this film's expert use of the green screen, travelling matte & perfection of bullet time.

• Andrew Jupin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Jupin 21 Jun, 2015

Still holds up as the modern sci-fi classic that it is. Totally enjoyable.

• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sherhan Mahmud 20 Jun, 2015

Still one of the best action movies of all time...