• aProtagonist

★★★★ Added by aProtagonist

it took the world by storm for a reason, folks

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Blackwell 28 Jan, 2015

The Matrix is a film that, like Star Wars, I find hard to look at critically. The main reason for this is the ridiculous power of nostalgia and wonder that I get from watching it still, having first seen it when it came out at the age of twelve, and many, many times since.

And I don't mind, this film is still fantastic, and about as perfect a combination of metaphysical gen-x cyberpunk sci-fi, kung fu, guns, Eastern and Western…

• Leo Olmos

★★★★ Rewatched by Leo Olmos 22 Jan, 2015

With all the shitty sequels, prequels, spin-off, fucking etcetera, it is really easy to forget how great The Matrix actually is. Cool world, cool atmosphere, cool metaphors. The action scenes are ridiculous, but I was seeing a tamed, cyberpunk version of Alice in Wonderland, so I embraced it.

• Felix Cruz

★★★★★ Watched by Felix Cruz 20 Jan, 2015

It helped me put 2 and 2 together to dissipate must if not all of my fears (religion, aliens, death, etc. directed by The Wachowskis, brothers; Is a science fiction action computer generated film. Actors / Actresses: starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, and Joe Pantoliano.

• brokim

★★★★ Watched by brokim 25 Jan, 2015

Matured
    Awesomely
    This
    Rewatch
    Indeed
    Xoxo, see you in another 15 years!

View

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films

★½ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films 11

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• QDB

★★★★ Added by QDB

In short an action film inspired by cyberpunk literature, anime, & wuxia films loaded with philosophical/religious imagery/undertones that's tinted green and has a leather fetish. One of the flaws that's not inherit in the film itself but in the real world is that given what I said in the description, "The Matrix" wasn't that original. It made such a splash in the western world because the elements I listed above were not known to the majority of western culture and there…

• Luke McGowan

★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

An earthshaking premise and a feast for the eyes, The Matrix has earned its place in the sci-fi history books.

• adamstovall

Rewatched by adamstovall 21 Jan, 2015

#HoldsUp

• Nadine Keels

★★★★½ Added by Nadine Keels

"Know thyself."

• Michael Williams

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Williams 20 Jan, 2015

How many cools moments can one film have. This still doesn't get enough credit for originality, action and honestly a great love story. I mean he sacrifices his whole species for trinity in the sequels how much more lovey-dubbby can it get. The sequels almost never reach the rolling coolness of this original, except maybe in revolutions when Neo must terminate the rouge Smith virus. DESERVES A SEQUEL OR PREQUEL NOT A REBOOT. *the only film on this site i have rated a full 5 stars.

• Kyle Gardner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Gardner 17 Jan, 2015

Pacing issues aside, this film works in a way which so many other entries in the genre do not. Loved it even more on this viewing than I did the first time, all those years ago.