• Eri

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eri 27 Jul, 2014

Has everything you could ever want in an action film, from style to substance. Groundbreaking for its time, but it still holds up today. A perfect experience.

• Lee

★★★★★ Added by Lee 2

I heard Keanu was in for the film awards along with others.
    Was with a friend in his car when I got a call that Keanu just left and is walking down a street. We hit the road and 3mins away my mate drove as fast as he could go.
    Sure enough, there was Keanu walking down the street. We parked up and approached him. He was with this old guy who noticed us and acknowledged Keanu we was coming…

• Kevin Carr

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Carr 20 Jul, 2014

RiffTrax

• joenorwood77

★★★★½ Watched by joenorwood77 18 Jul, 2014

"Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

The Matrix is an amazing film on so many levels. The philosophical aspects of the movie can really mess with the viewers mind in what truly is "real". The directors are outstanding and they make the action scenes and violence more of an art and the visuals are incredible. I also appreciated the reflections on the sunglasses and the spoon.

• Tom

★★★½ Watched by Tom 18 Jul, 2014

The blue pill or the red pill? What will you choose? Before watching this movie, that's all I knew about it. That and there was a digital world called the Matrix. After watching it, I thought it was decently made. It definitely got me hooked for the other two films. This was also my first time watching it, so I had no clue what to expect and when. If you're looking for a somewhat sci-fi cult classic that everyone should watch, I would suggest this movie. There are some confusing parts but it made sense in the end.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★½ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 19 Jul, 2014

This is the first time I've watched it in a decade, maybe more. Gotta be one of the goofiest movies ever; I had a giant grin for almost the entire running time. The "real world" stuff feels pretty blandly directed, but once they're in the Matrix the Wachowski's unleash all kinds of tricks, and if their action isn't master-level technique it still feels competent. The bullet time grace notes have taken on an almost comic, absurd quality over time. This is also a defining Keanu work; he reaches pure perfection here.

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 17 Jul, 2014

This is a very good, strong movie. It fully realizes the world it creates, brings us into it with proper explanation and even gets to have fun with it. The performances are all-around strong and the action is pretty great. Would I qualify this as a great movie, though? Well ... not quite. I do think the movie's requirement to throw so much information and exposition at you in the first half gives the film a kind of touch-and-go pace…

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 19 Jul, 2014

(Red pill) you will see the true ways of film making, (Blue pill) you can go back to crappy remakes and prequel's "chose"

• RogerEbert

★★★★½ Added by RogerEbert

Hugo Weaving steals the show. Will this movie ever feel dated (besides for the cell phones, of course)?

• Vincent Hughes

★★★½ Rewatched by Vincent Hughes 15 Jul, 2014

"Mr Wizard, get me the hell out of here!"

Sweet nostalgia, this might be the most 90s movie I've seen in quite a long time.

• James Callahan

★★★★★ Rewatched by James Callahan 14 Jul, 2014

I know the art of cinema is capable of infinitely more depth, humanity and philosophical meaning than what’s explored in The Matrix, yet, over the years, when I revisit the Wachowski’s seminal 90’s epic, I feel like throwing my hands up and calling this the greatest movie ever made. Which it isn’t, okay?! Obviously! But still. Isn’t it? This film has everything: it’s dense with ideas and brimming with style; it jumps from one extraordinary setpiece to the next, expertly; there’s inventiveness in every shot; it’s dual worlds are detailed and fully realized. It kicks ass on every single level.

• Iván Trejo

★★★★ Rewatched by Iván Trejo 13 Jul, 2014

"Follow the white rabbit."