• Njabs Phungula

★★★★½ Watched by Njabs Phungula 17 Apr, 2014

Films I hope to see by the end of 2014

I'm kinda late to the party but I finally saw this. Impressive indeed! It's a movie with 'action and brains' and as a result, there's a lot to admire about it. It has a incredibly original story, good visual effects and kick-ass characters, among other things. There's a reason why it's held up for so many years.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 18 Apr, 2014

1999's The Matrix Is One Of My Favorite Films.

• Ben Lott

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Lott 14 Apr, 2014

Back in 1999, when I first saw this movie in the theater, I didn't love it. I think I was a bit in shock over the whole thing. Since then I have watched snippets of the film many times when it has been on TV and have slowly learned to find the love. Watching it now, my first time watching it from start to finish since 1999, my instant reaction is "what was I thinking?" I don't know why I…

• stu_shepherd

★★★★½ Rewatched by stu_shepherd 12 Apr, 2014

Some slow motion and musical choices aside this is still a great piece of cinema.

• moviefreak666

★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 05 Jan, 2013

THE MATRIX is a fun, action packed, dazzling and innovative film. I recently bought the ULTIMATE MATRIX COLLECTION on Blu Ray and the films look better than ever. It begins with a cool opening involving Trinity (Carrie Anne Moss) running from some bad ass dudes with black suits and dark sunglasses (in night time) we later find that these guys are called Agents and they are a force to be reckoned with once your inside THE MATRIX program.

The Matrix…

• spurslee82

★★★★ Rewatched by spurslee82 12 Apr, 2014

A shame the sequels dented the legacy this movie should have left.

• matt lynch

★★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 11 Apr, 2014

the Wachowskis have somehow escaped Cameron's audience despite having produced as spectacular a technical leap (and a genre one) as THE TERMINATOR. both were made by equally savant-like, earnest-to-a-fault born filmmakers with some very specific recurring narrative idiosyncrasies. difference being that a cautionary Cameron wants a human story to ground his tech fetish, and the more optimistic siblings add the tech fetish to embellish their human stories (i'll happily take either one).

• Chevalier

★★★ Added by Chevalier

"What if i told you in four years two terrible sequels will come out and destroy any legacy this film could had?"

• Victor Volchenko

★★★★★ Rewatched by Victor Volchenko 10 Apr, 2014

Когда-то давно Матрицу уже смотрел. Но это было слишком давно, и про просмотре понял, что уже ничего не помню. Помню только то, что в год своего выхода фильм произвел настоящий фурор и разговоров о нем было много.

И что могу сказать? Весь фурор с ажиотаж совершенно оправдан. Фильм пролетел как одно мгновение - такого вообще давно не было. Задумка, идея, оригинальность, исполнение - все потрясающе! Спецэффекты и сегодня выглядят неплохо, не смотря на то, что фильм вышел 15 (!!!) лет назад.

Атмосфера, цветовая гамма создают глубокий настрой фильма. Просто отличное кино!

• Jonathan Cardwell

★★★★★ Added by Jonathan Cardwell

Works on every conceivable level.

• otterdisaster

★★★ Watched by otterdisaster 31 Mar, 2014

Late 90s in every way. Unintentionally funny, so not cool, and characteristic of Internet phobia. Still, it's a fun action movie.

• ejeffb2004

Watched by ejeffb2004 05 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.