• Tama Gray-Sharp

★★★★½ Added by Tama Gray-Sharp

A film that caused thousands across the globe to question their existence, The Matrix is one of my personal favorites. Guns, intense dialogue and awesome bullet dodging slow-mos has made this film a MUST WATCH on everyone's list. Although saying that, this is Letterboxd so it's likely that you all have seen this more times then I have so yeah. If you haven't seen this movie then you should probably leave

• Artpig

★★½ Added by Artpig

One of the most overrated films ever made. It has excellent visuals and special effects, but, nothing groundbreaking in my opinion. This is no 2001 a Space Odyssey in changing the history of film. The plot is compelling, but, Inception has a similar and better plot. Something that makes Inception a better film then the Matrix in my opinion is the characters and the style. Everything in the Matrix looks bleak and the characters are not compelling at all in…

• Matt Ellis

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Ellis 15 Sep, 2014

Watched in Wendy Chun's New Media seminar @ Brown University.

• YI JIAN

★★★½ Watched by YI JIAN 20 Sep, 2014

Oracle: ''Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something.''

Neo: ''What?''

Oracle: ''Your next life, maybe. Who knows? That's the way these things go.''

Damn that foreshadowing.

• LucasMat

★★★★★ Rewatched by LucasMat 18 Sep, 2014

Classic!

• MONDONGO

★★★★½ Added by MONDONGO

Don't know why I'm not giving this 5.

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 20 Apr, 2013

Great Sci-fi movie!

• Dave

★★★★★ Added by Dave

Like the titles of this film's sequels, this fabulously complex sci-fi flick is loaded and revolutionary. The Wachowski siblings, who first stopped my heart with the stunning "Bound," created this world of alternate realities, new world sensibilities and, of course, kick-ass gadgets and effects. Keanu Reeves fits nicely here; he helps the directors create a cool look for the film, one that requires a lot more than just two viewings to really "get it."

Whoa!

• Robert Fuller

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Fuller 14 Sep, 2014

By coincidence, I watched this just as I was finishing up reading Kim, which tells the same basic Buddhist enlightenment story, except Neo/Kim works for the Machines/British instead of against them. We've come a long way since Kipling's time.

I find this movie more enjoyable the more I watch it, which is a bit odd, considering that A. the effects are already looking dated, and B. one of the film's principal pleasures, originally, lay in trying to figure out just…

• Hassan

★★ Added by Hassan

I don't get why people like this movie. There is nothing to like, from acting, to writing, to cinematography, to even soundtrack. Everything is either average or below average. And don't tell me about the special effects. Good special effects do NOT mean good film-making.

• Cole_Ratcliff