• Lucas

★★★ Watched by Lucas 25 Nov, 2014

3 stars for slate.

• McMac Henry

★★½ Added by McMac Henry

great dark comedy, love the trench coats

• ztyrom

★★★★½ Rewatched by ztyrom 08 Oct, 2009

Yeah!

• blackdogcolt

★★★★ Rewatched by blackdogcolt 24 Nov, 2014

I seriously like it better now, as idiosyncratic, genre hopping (bloodless heroic bloodshed here, western-y stand off there, anime-y everywhere), and glitchy - than as a the heady concept, epitome of cool I thought it was when I was 10.

Huge Weaving is a blast, and Carrie-Anne Moss' blue eyes in the bleak reality is the only true humanity sight needed to convince me that that was the better place.

• Lauma Brežģe

★★★★★ Watched by Lauma Brežģe 23 Nov, 2014

Yep. The first time for me. I had seen bits and pieces over the years (like the unforgettable first time in the nineties, when my bro watched this on a VHS tape dubbed in Russian and I didn't understand a single word from it). But this is the first, when I watched it in one sitting - beginning to end. I was ready to hate this (that's probably why it took me so long to watch as everyone was saying…

• sdb_1970

★★★★★ Rewatched by sdb_1970 22 Nov, 2014

Part 1 of a double feature revisiting the existential angst/malaise of my generation in the waning years of the 1990s ... On a HD 70" 15 years later, The Matrix is still one of the closest-to-perfect sci-fi action films of all time. And having just sat through The Hunger Games 3.A.(1)(i)(a-1), I have relatively fond memories of the much-maligned two-part sequel, Reloaded/Revolutions. Considering a line of dialogue by Agent Smith in retrospect, maybe 1999 did represent the peak of Western Civilization after all.

• Kauri Singh

★★★★★ Added by Kauri Singh

Blue pill or Red pill?

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 21 Nov, 2014

The only real problem with this movie is that it was so awesome and ground-breaking that everyone else ripped it off. Now when you watch it, some of the cool effects and visuals don't work as well as they used to because they've now been over done...but it doesn't really matter because this movie is still freaking amazing!

• Mohsen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mohsen 21 Nov, 2014

I don't how exactly I was watching this before and somehow I even doubt if I really did watch this before! I could remember almost nothing from the last watch, so it made it as amazing as it is now.

• Travis Lytle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 18 Nov, 2014 12

Perhaps the defining science fiction film of the 1990s, The Wachowski siblings' "The Matrix" is a genre marvel. With its bold aesthetic, layered narrative, and heady and classic themes and archetypes, the film is a strikingly visualized, fully imagined, and excitingly told piece of work. Combining a cerebral genre tale with an action-enhanced hero quest, "The Matrix" entertains, provokes, and completely engages.

Fifteen years after its original release, its story is ingrained in the pop culture canon. When a programmer/hacker…

• nowomannocry

★★★★★ Added by nowomannocry

Wow this film is awesome!

• thori

★★★★½ Rewatched by thori 18 Nov, 2014

Meine Fresse...ist DER immer noch Geil !!!!!