• Casper de Geus

★★★½ Watched by Casper de Geus 31 Mar, 2015

Pittig cheesy, maar leuk universum en concept, actie uiteraard over the top en veel dingen zijn gedateerd maar het is zeker een invloedrijke film.
    + dodge this

• Alice Souza

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alice Souza 30 Mar, 2015

For me, The Matrix is a lot like Avatar. Not regarding the story (even though the 'chosen one that will free and save everyone' thing seems to fit), but regarding directing and visual/special FX. You may not like these movies in particular (which to me is monkey business) but you could never deny how powerful, game-changing and groundbreaking they are to the film industry. Kudos to the Wachowskis for making one (if not the) greatest si-fi trilogy of all time, and for revolutionizing cinema while doing so.

• Will Gilbert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Will Gilbert 29 Mar, 2015

I haven't seen 'The Matrix' in ages and it holds up really well. I just feel that it's important to pretend that the sequels were never made.

• Benedict Seal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benedict Seal 28 Mar, 2015

As pure a representation of escapism as anyone has ever crafted. 'The Matrix' is an absolute masterpiece.

• Jordan Smith

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Smith 26 Mar, 2015

Let's get this out of the way: The Matrix is a film that knows what it's doing. It's well shot, well plotted, well acted, etc. ad infinitum. The visuals hold up even today, for the most part, and it manages to tell a decently tight story while still indulging in a lot of action fun.

My nitpicks with the film come from a few places where it felt like the filmmakers knew how the world worked, but they glossed over…

• Nick Kemp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Kemp 26 Mar, 2015

I couldn't possibly live in a world where this movie doesn't exist, so I'm afraid I'd have to take the blue pill.

• Joel Lake

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joel Lake 23 Feb, 2015

Wow, what can be said about this revolutionary film that delivered such amazing visuals, brought new technology to filmmaking (bullet time among others) and captivating action scenes to a story that kind of falls apart the more you think about (how can humans be used as batteries) but is some much fun you won't think too hard about it. A film that made Keanu Reeves relevant again and possibly his best film in his film repertoire (argument could be made…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

I liked it for the style more than the substance, but it's highly watchable.

• Yiannis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Yiannis 25 Mar, 2015

Ε ναι ρε Νeo.

• Charles Johnson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Charles Johnson 24 Mar, 2015

"Would you please remove any metallic items you are carrying; keys, loose change ... HOLY SHIT!"

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

Sequels aside, The Matrix is a landmark in filmmaking with amazing effects and entertaining action. Keanu Reeves is pretty wooden in the lead role, but the rest of the cast makes up for it.

• Brandon McGee

★★★★½ Added by Brandon McGee

Some slight logical inconsistencies doesn't stop The Matrix from being a groundbreaking piece of sci-fi, with great action and effects along with a devoted cast and lines that are still quoted to this day making the film one that will capture minds for years to come.