• Sean Scott

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Scott 05 May, 2016

An explosion of two absolute balls to bone nerds that nerdgasm all over the screen for upwards of two hours.

It's a cheesy, po-faced, bizarro film with it's dumb one-liners and logic with holes everywhere.

But it's a perfectly cast, genre-defying, future-defining, timeless cyberpunk.

It's a robot film noir, kung-fu, philosophical swiss-watch of a movie. For many more reasons than this, it's damn-near perfect.

• Nowell

★★★½ Watched by Nowell 03 May, 2016

My May film for Ben's Secret Film Exchange.  My initial reaction was 'ugh!' The film I'd tried to watch twice before and failed to complete.  The film that sits on my list of shame on Flickchart and mocks me.   Well, I think being forced into it was likely to happen.  I've been warming to the film makers lately anyway.  I went to Cloud Atlas because of Tom Tykwer, I blamed everything I disliked about it on the Wachowski's, then tried…

• Thomas Willett

★★★★ Rewatched by Thomas Willett 02 May, 2016

I am rewatching The Matrix to coincide with the Blank Check podcast's recapping of the Wachowski Siblings' fascinating career. If for no other reason, I am doing this so that I can finally cross off The Matrix Revolutions: a film that had such lackluster reviews that I ignored it altogether.

If there's one thing that seems curious about my relationship to this landmark film, it's that I have seen it a few times and still cannot tell you what happens…

• jcsmith

Rewatched by jcsmith 24 Apr, 2016

The Matrix is essentially a sci-fi adaptation of Plato’s Cave, an allegory where restrained slaves in a cave only know of one reality in which they watch shadows being projected onto a wall by a fire from within that cave. Since they know nothing about reality outside of the cave, they do not realize that the shadows are not real objects, but are just projections of real objects. In this allegory, there is a philosopher, who is a freed slave…

• allykat

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dorico Williams 29 Apr, 2016

Timeless.

• Annelia

★★★★½ Watched by Annelia 26 Apr, 2016

It's exciting! I love how the universe in The Matrix explained. That we, not alone in this world, who not really sure parodixical work of life. Are we real? What's define real? We're nothing, we're artificial. Who knows there's some guy who watch us daily as a humor?

• Josh Eckert

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Eckert 27 Apr, 2016

This movie is perfect. Infinitely rewatchable. Such a shame there were never any sequels made. It's such an amazing setup for a franchise.

• ajdefiant

★★★★★ Added by ajdefiant

Whoa.

• Katherine

★★★½ Rewatched by Katherine 27 Apr, 2016

pros:
    -that cinematography
    -GOD DAMN! God! Damn! that cinematography
    -Laurence Fishburne is the baddest motherfucker
    -i want to f*ck keanu reeves
    -the really silly score that the movie has at parts when it sounds like a silent movie-not the annoying 90's """"techno"""" shit
    -Hugo Weaving is such a good villain i love him so much
    -very solid script! like. everything is explained in a fitting way (sometimes a lil too pandering to the audience but whatever im trying to be…

• Juan Carlos R.L.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Carlos R.L. 27 Apr, 2016 2

Cuando vi el bullet-time por primera vez en cine: 1999 Multicinemas en Av. Universidad, fue uno de los momentos más increíbles que he vivido en una sala de cine.