• Obistrike

★★★★ Rewatched by Obistrike 23 Oct, 2014

Watched this as the second half of a double bill at the sadly soon to be defunct Astor in Melbourne. This is a tough one for me, I saw The Matrix when I was 20 and it blew my stinky student socks off!

I'm a huge fan of slick Hollywood action, martial arts cinema and existential science fiction so to have them seamlessly combined with Keanu on point was a dream come true.

As the projectionist kindly advised us, treated…

• Audrey Karloff

★★★★ Rewatched by Audrey Karloff 19 Oct, 2014

15 years later, this is still a damned good movie. Not something I can re-watch all the time; I think if I watched this too many times in a row I would become too aware of its flaws. But if I only watch it once a year, once every 18 months, it can hold up. It would hold up better, of course, if a significant percentage of all the films that have come out since hadn't ripped it off. And…

• Héctor Ramos

★★★½ Rewatched by Héctor Ramos 20 Oct, 2014

Sumamente innovadora en su tiempo, hoy sigue siendo visualmente atractiva y con un gran Soundtrack aderezando.

• nga

★★★ Watched by nga 18 Oct, 2014

this movie is now like how we appreciate older versions of classic gaming consoles. a nerd cred.

dream worlds and the real worlds.. where do we begin…

• kungen

★★★★½ Rewatched by kungen 18 Oct, 2014

Still the masterpiece it was when released 1999, enough said..

• Glen Grunau

★★★★ Added by Glen Grunau

My favourite adrenalin scifi movie.

• Bridger_Wingate

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bridger_Wingate 19 Oct, 2014

This is literally the coolest film ever made. Keanu Reeves is awesome. Lawrence Fishburne is amazing. Carrie-Anne Moss is great. The fight choreography is absolutely intense. The music is ecstatic and deafening. The look is first class. The direction is top notch.

And Rage Against The Machine. Oh god....how I love Rage Against The Machine.

This movie is some good stuff right here.

• Carlos

★★★★ Added by Carlos

View

• The Movie Opinionist: Dale Hutchinson (Watching Movies, Giving Stars and Opinions... Like a Boss)
  • a7xfan

★★★★★ Watched by a7xfan 16 Oct, 2014

what if we lived in computer. I dont think I could live with with that I would go crazy and delete myself or something. i dont want a hole in my head. this movie is actually about iluminati and the government its a hidden theme about how the government is always controlling us watching us and we are just sitting

• Chad Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 14 Oct, 2014

Woke up and watched this in the middle of the night. I saw this in the theater but had to leave it early because it was longer than I expected so I excitedly came back almost immediately to catch the movie again and get the ending.

However, the movie feels very dated now, I don't like the postmodern take of the film, and my view of this movie has been infected by the later films. When I first saw this movie's ending, I thought it was weak, but tolerable, but I have trouble with it when I know what it is intended in the next films.

• Dracid