• Stacy

★★★★ Watched by Stacy 15 Apr, 2014

This is one of my new favorites in the so-bad-it's-actually-amazing category. Some of the special effects look kind of terrible, but I appreciate what they were trying to do. And even if it's a bit overused these days, I do enjoy the occasional slowed down action shot during a fight. The concept of the story itself is interesting, and Jet Li's obviously doing his best. (I loved all the different characters' photos and names in that one scene, btw.) Also,…

• Tony Black

★★½ Watched by Tony Black 10 Feb, 2014 4

How can you possibly dislike a movie that has Jet Li frequently kicking arse to the tune of 90's hard rock? Answer: with great difficulty. The One is so ridiculous, so old school daft with its bonkers action theatrics, it's brazenly wonderful in places despite not technically being a particularly good movie. Directed by James Wong of Final Destination, who personally I'm predisposed to as being one of my favourite TV writers on The X-Files (my all time TV love),…

• Sean

★★★ Watched by Sean 17 Jan, 2014

Sufficiently dumb and CGI-ish, but the fight scene at the end is pretty great. Jet Li vs. Jet Li is a great matchup. Not too many of the other fights match up, but it's not as awful as it could be.

• natecrocker

★★★★ Watched by natecrocker 06 Jan, 2014

Potentially a timeless classic if not for the terribly outdated licensed soundtrack

• Peter Pibson

★★½ Watched by Peter Pibson 03 Jan, 2014 4

The One is simply so shit it's good.

Jet Li fights Jet Li.

Jason Statham attempts the WORST American accent you have ever heard.

Unfitting early 2000's nu-metal randomly accompanies every fight.

Disappointingly it's actually a premise with serious and plausible questions, but instead The One opts to showcase terribly CGI'd martial arts fights and nothing more.

Well, this all adds up to an enjoyable ride, it certainly jumps the shark on more than one occasion. Don't think about it…

• Ruby

★★★★★ Watched by Ruby 20 Dec, 2013

for a blatant Matrix rip-off I fucking love this movie, inventive depictions of superpowers, interesting universe about inter-dimensional criminals, surprisingly deep differences between the hero and villain, a great final fight, fun soundtrack and the best final shot ever

only problem with it is it includes this weird trope I see a lot where someone loses a loved one but in the end they meet an alternate version of them which is meant to be the happy ending but ITS…

• loldaniel

Watched by loldaniel 17 Dec, 2013

I'm not even giving this one star ironically, either.

• Jon

★★★ Watched by Jon 09 Dec, 2013

It captures a time frame in pop culture. It's a wannabe Matrix with a nu-metal soundtrack. The early 2000's encapsulated.

I saw this as a child. It was the first time I heard rock music. Weird memory there.

• Steve Beckley

★★★★ Watched by Steve Beckley 07 Dec, 2013 1

The One is a lot of fun, and I probably enjoyed it a lot more than I should have. I think it does what it sets out to do - create a sci-fi actioner with some cool martial arts fighting by Jet Li. And there are other actors that I like in it too like Delroy Lindo, Carla Gugino, and James Morrison (who was Bill Buchanan in "24"). And there's Jason Statham (with hair) before he became an action headliner…

• Leo Logan

★★ Watched by Leo Logan 01 Dec, 2013

This film plays more like a video game rather than a feature length film. Also, the ending where evil Jet Li fights the other prisoners in the multiverse, was the best part in the whole movie.

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Added by Matt Lavender

Re-watched this. Fucking hell, it's early 2000s nonsense but it's so much demented fun. Parallel worlds and such will always be great, this should be seen as another Face/Off type weird ass classic.

• Valdimar Hauksson

★★ Watched by Valdimar Hauksson 12 Nov, 2013

This film isn't really worth your time, unless you want to see how Jason Statham looks with hair.