• Luke

★★★½ Watched by Luke 02 Nov, 2001

First movie watched after going down to UCSD for college

• Ross Miller

★★★ Rewatched by Ross Miller 26 Mar, 2016

Nowhere near the awesome movie I remember it being but still a fun throwaway watch.

• The Masked Negro

★½ Added by The Masked Negro

Producer: *snorts line of coke* ALRIGHT SO I WANT A MOVIE ABOUT JET LI FIGHTING JET LI.
    Producer: WITH PAPA ROACH SONGS PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND
    Producer: AND JASON STATHAM
    Producer: *does another line*
    Producer: JASTON STATHAM...WITH HAIR!

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 58

61eR ®

• dbgirl

★★ Added by dbgirl

Many people think the story is weird, stupid or both but I think it actually had potential that just was lost somewhere along the way of making the movie. The biggest problem is that it's not believable. The execution doesn't work. It's not the worst movie ever though, it has its own good moments too (most of them in the beginning I personally think). I don't understand why Jason Statham spoke so weirdly, what was the point of speaking in some other dialect? But that didn't really bothered me, it was mostly just hilarious.

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 25 Jan, 2016

Some really good fight choreography and Jason Statham has hair. In the end its an ok film with a really neat idea, I do wish we had seen evil Jet Li take out more of himself rather then being told about it.

• mo_shack

★½ Rewatched by mo_shack 24 Jan, 2016

If the multiverse theory is to be believed, perhaps there is an alternate universe where Jason Statham can convincingly pull off an American accent.

• Grooveman

Watched by Grooveman 21 Jan, 2016 2

I had originally felt generous and gave this a one and a half. In talking to the wise Filmape he convinced me that I have to give The One a one. So I give The One a one. The early 2000's was an extremely sad times for action movies. So much butt rock in this film too.

• Morpheus

★★½ Rewatched by Morpheus 01 Jan, 2010

Almost as cool as Jet Li himself.

James Wong has a knack for shitty movies (this one being certainly one of them), but The One is still listed as one of my favorite post-2000 Hollywood martial arts movies ever.

And that's mainly because of 2 things: Jet Li & Jet Li. I can never get enough of those Matrix styled fight scenes - take me back!

• Zaw Mine

★★★ Added by Zaw Mine

I enjoyed this movie.

• Jens

★★ Watched by Jens 01 Feb, 2005

sicherlich ist der film kein glanzpunkt, aber er hat seine netten momente...der film wird auch nicht unnötig in die länge gezogen und so bleibt alles recht kurzweilig und nach 85 minuten ist es ja auch schon überstanden.

• Trevor Griffiths

★½ Rewatched by Trevor Griffiths 19 Sep, 2015

If I were 8 years old, I would probably love this. As a grown up, I find it obnoxious and boring in equal measure.