• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 25 Jan, 2016

Some really good fight choreography and Jason Statham has hair. In the end its an ok film with a really neat idea, I do wish we had seen evil Jet Li take out more of himself rather then being told about it.

• mo_shack

★½ Rewatched by mo_shack 24 Jan, 2016

If the multiverse theory is to be believed, perhaps there is an alternate universe where Jason Statham can convincingly pull off an American accent.

• Grooveman

Watched by Grooveman 21 Jan, 2016 2

I had originally felt generous and gave this a one and a half. In talking to the wise Filmape he convinced me that I have to give The One a one. So I give The One a one. The early 2000's was an extremely sad times for action movies. So much butt rock in this film too.

• Morpheus

★★½ Rewatched by Morpheus 01 Jan, 2010

Almost as cool as Jet Li himself.

James Wong has a knack for shitty movies (this one being certainly one of them), but The One is still listed as one of my favorite post-2000 Hollywood martial arts movies ever.

And that's mainly because of 2 things: Jet Li & Jet Li. I can never get enough of those Matrix styled fight scenes - take me back!

• Zaw Mine

★★★ Added by Zaw Mine

I enjoyed this movie.

• Jens

★★ Watched by Jens 01 Feb, 2005

sicherlich ist der film kein glanzpunkt, aber er hat seine netten momente...der film wird auch nicht unnötig in die länge gezogen und so bleibt alles recht kurzweilig und nach 85 minuten ist es ja auch schon überstanden.

• Trevor Griffiths

★½ Rewatched by Trevor Griffiths 19 Sep, 2015

If I were 8 years old, I would probably love this. As a grown up, I find it obnoxious and boring in equal measure.

• rossboyask

★★★ Rewatched by rossboyask 10 Sep, 2015

Silly fun. Best bits are. Jet trying to act pissed off as the villain, Statham's "accent" and how unbelievably "shit-rock" the music is.

• nicktday

Rewatched by nicktday 08 Sep, 2015

Worst soundtrack ever.
    Worst prop guns ever.
    Worst Jason Statham performance.
    And so on...

• Andrew Amphlett

Watched by Andrew Amphlett 03 Sep, 2015

It's another one of these nights, seeing what's on Netflix and I came across "The One" sc-fi action film starring Jet Li...sounds interesting. Here's couple of notes while watching;

*Technology that can travel from different parallel worlds, is fucking terrifying. Imagine "Stargate" but ripping every piece of you, while screaming there. "WHYYYY!!"
    *The music is hilarious, very cheesy and cliche from that early 00's in every fight/action squence, some rock track appears "Down with the sickness" for example.
    *Jason Statham…

• PsychoSavager

★★ Added by PsychoSavager

Nice idea, but not as entertaining as it should have been.

• Steve Kimes

★★★½ Added by Steve Kimes

Matrix 2 would have been a lot more fun if had looked like this.

Dumb action fun.