• Scott Kaczynski

★★★ Rewatched by Scott Kaczynski 01 Jun, 2015

It's been awhile since I originally saw this film. I was curious on a second viewing if I would notice a ton of clues that would reveal the twist ending. There's not a lot, but definitely points you in the right direction if you're paying attention.

Although, there's nothing too special here, especially if you've seen similar movies.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Gehman 03 Jun, 2015

The Others is one of those movies where it seems as though talking about it would ruin it. Everything would be a spoiler. Well, most things. What I can say:

1. Nicole Kidman is in this.
    2. This is a haunted house-style horror movie.
    3. This is Nicole Kidman in a haunted house-style horror movie.

Now, I've seen a lot of haunted house horror movies. It's a subgenre that I'm over. I see "house" in conjunction with "ghost" or "spirit"…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

Less is always more.
    The Others proves that you can
    Scare without the gore.

1001plus.blogspot.com/2015/06/off-script-others.html

• kurazaybo

★★★★ Rewatched by kurazaybo 02 Jun, 2015

A prácticamente década y media de haberla visto en el cine, donde tuvo una acogida muy positiva, no me queda más que decir que se ha mantenido muy bien. Una historia gótica de fantasmas que destila de forma muy efectiva la fórmula (que ya hemos visto muchísimas veces) y sobresale por entregar una película redonda.

La atmósfera y las actuaciones están perfectas. sobra decir esto de Nicole Kidman, e incluso hay uno que otro juego de cámara llamativo, aunque tal…

• Nate

Watched by Nate 02 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

3/4

An interesting ghost story, from a unique character perspective. Usually I hate child actors in films, but there are a few who surprise me, like the two children here. Looking at the Oscar nominated actresses of 2001's year, I'm surprised that Kidman wasn't even nominated. The Academy often neglect films if they're of a genre.

It was extremely bold of the director to make his characters Catholic, then make it turn out that they are ghosts, basically dismissing their…

• Jabba Hutt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jabba Hutt 01 Jun, 2015 2

Watch it in Black and White.

This is my favorite haunted house film and one of my favourite horror films. It's handled in a very old-style Gothic way, showing us no CGI scares, no shots of ghosts running at the camera, no people being dragged off by unseen forces - NOTHING that has made most recent horror films a disappointment to me. The scares come from slowly creeping into a ghost story that shows very little but builds an incredible…

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Más Világ

• Blaise Astra

★★★½ Rewatched by Blaise Astra 30 May, 2015

A spooky little story, nicely atmospheric. I only wish I weren't distracted the whole time by the unnatural smoothness of Nicole Kidman's forehead.

• Noetic Hatter

★★★★½ Watched by Noetic Hatter 24 May, 2015

Superb haunted house story that does it all with sounds and shadows. Bravo!

That little boy was creepy as frak.

• Yufebri Rahmadini

★★★★★ Watched by Yufebri Rahmadini 17 May, 2015

This is how horror movies are supposed to be made. 👍👍👍👍👍

• Thariq Fauzan

★★★★ Added by Thariq Fauzan

A twisty horror movie with a great performance from nicole kidman as a depressing mother. The scoring is very haunting and chilling at the same time. The jumpscare is unique and simple but it works on me pretty well. Definitely a must-watch horror movie.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★★ Added by Lobezno Estepario

No estaban muertos, estaban de parranda.