• No-Personality

★★★½ Rewatched by No-Personality 24 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sisky

★★★★★ Watched by sisky 21 Jun, 2014

SO FUCKING GOOD

• Lewis Taplin

★★★ Watched by Lewis Taplin 13 Jun, 2014

A haunting film which explored personal and emotional complexities that many horrors tend to ignore.

• mars_romana

★★★ Watched by mars_romana 11 Jun, 2014

Payoff wasn't quite worth the investment. Shave off 30 minutes and we'll call it a deal.

• Ryan Meyers

★★★★ Added by Ryan Meyers

The mother of two photosensitive children hires on new help, and the house begins to manifest spirits. A really refreshing, great horror movie. Nicole Kidman's performance here is really far better than her Moulin Rouge! work for which she was nominated the same year. The omnipresent fog and period-piece cinematography add another layer of creepiness to the whole film. Fionnula Flanagan does an excellent job as the newly-hired maid as well.

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

It’s well acted. Nicole Kidman does a great job keeping “the secret” and the kids who play her children perform like pros. It’s not especially scary, and I sort of guessed what was going on about half way through, but the twist was turned very nicely. Worth watching? I’d say “yes.”

• fermion

★★★ Added by fermion

alright

• olgafour

★★★★ Added by olgafour

One of the best thriller movies!!!!

• Elias Elias

★★★ Added by Elias Elias

Good Movie

• loureviews

★★★★½ Added by loureviews

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ria

★★★★ Rewatched by Ria 30 Apr, 2014

#53 of Top 100 Best Horror Films

The Others or That Movie Where Nicole Kidman whispers For Some 90+ minutes

Also, really pissed off because I figured out what the twist was because my sister made us watch The Sixth Sense before this and said "THEY HAVE SIMILAR PLOT TWISTS" like who the fuck does that?? Evil sisters. That's who.

• Marc D

★★★★ Rewatched by Marc D 08 Apr, 2014

A refreshingly classical, artfully directed haunted house movie set in the 1940s, and very much of a piece with contemporary horror-dramas like The Sixth Sense and The Orphanage. Nicole Kidman manages a tricky performance, going from potential crazy person to sympathetic victim and back again in one of the film's neatest moves. The shifting question of who is to fear-- Kidman's fanatically overprotective mother, the mysterious servants, the light-averse children, or all of the above-- keeps us on edge, and…