• jmhuston

★½ Added by jmhuston

Nicole Kidman Bruce Willis-ing up the joint and wasting my time by not being alive for a single frame of this movie

• Daan Janssens

★★★½ Watched by Daan Janssens 30 Jun, 2015

Lieve Heer, verlos mij van creepy kinderen en jumpscares in films, ik kan dat niet aan. Goede twists hier en daar, zeker op het einde. Mooi verpakt. En de cast was heel overtuigend.

• Scott Liening

★★★½ Watched by Scott Liening 28 Jun, 2015

A more than solid pastiche of classic haunted house films. Well constructed and executed, with an ornate and classical style; it feels almost like a Merchant-Ivory ghost story.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 21 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A great haunted story movie from the point of view of the ghost. I see this movie as a great companion piece to the 6th Sense. This one shows the other side of the story with the ghost not realizing they are dead.
    I love this movie does not relies on jump scares and goes back to using the creepy atmosphere. I was also surprised to find out that this is a Spanish Production. I love all the clues they have on the film, which foreshadow the ending.

• L!M!N

★★★½ Added by L!M!N

Creepy.

• Spesh to Death

★★★½ Added by Spesh to Death

The Others manages to outdo The Innocents in scares and style, and Kidman is gives it her all as a woman coming apart at the seams.

• Melinnie A

★★★★★ Watched by Melinnie A 18 Jun, 2015

I love the story! We were randomly clicking on movies on netflix and we chose this movie I didn't expect it to be really good, this movie has a totally unpredictable plot. The kind of movie that won't let you know what it is all about until the very end, but it manages to keep me hooked the whole time, even a little frustrated (in a good way) trying to figure out what is happening. It doesn't really have scare jumps; I think this is the first time I actually opened my eyes the whole time while watching horror movies, haha.

• Joshua Fraser

★★★½ Watched by Joshua Fraser 17 Jun, 2015

While watching the Others I was thinking of another ghost film I recently saw called the film the Woman in Black, and while I did enjoy it quite a bit the Others is a vastly better film.

The story revolves around a mother (played by Nicole Kidman) and her two children who have a rare disorder where they cannot be in contact with sunlight or else they will die. This forces them to stay in their house with no one…

• matattack

★★★ Added by matattack

spooky little ghost story, with a nice payoff.

• Taylor Kimmett

★★★★ Watched by Taylor Kimmett 12 Jun, 2015

For some reason I confused the premise of this film with another, so I was more than a little surprised to see Nicole Kidman playing WWII widowed mother of two. The Others is a very simple, but chilling story that works well in conveying the sense of paranoia and doubt that Kidman's character wrestles with throughout. It passes the shivers test and has an interesting story and understandable characters to boot. My only real complaint is that the movie feels…

• Michael Borshuk

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Borshuk 08 Jun, 2015

Excellent Gothic narrative has nervous mother Nicole Kidman alone in a big scary English manor with her two nervous kids and three creepy servants, negotiating strange sounds that may possibly suggest an intrusive presence in their home. The direction is stylized without getting in the way of a straightforward good story, and the film makes perfect use of its moody, Bernard Hermannesque score.

• Brendan Boyle