• fermion

★★★ Added by fermion

alright

• olgafour

★★★★ Added by olgafour

One of the best thriller movies!!!!

• Elias Elias

★★★ Added by Elias Elias

Good Movie

• loureviews

★★★★½ Added by loureviews

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ria

★★★★ Rewatched by Ria 30 Apr, 2014

#53 of Top 100 Best Horror Films

The Others or That Movie Where Nicole Kidman whispers For Some 90+ minutes

Also, really pissed off because I figured out what the twist was because my sister made us watch The Sixth Sense before this and said "THEY HAVE SIMILAR PLOT TWISTS" like who the fuck does that?? Evil sisters. That's who.

• Marc D

★★★★ Rewatched by Marc D 08 Apr, 2014

A refreshingly classical, artfully directed haunted house movie set in the 1940s, and very much of a piece with contemporary horror-dramas like The Sixth Sense and The Orphanage. Nicole Kidman manages a tricky performance, going from potential crazy person to sympathetic victim and back again in one of the film's neatest moves. The shifting question of who is to fear-- Kidman's fanatically overprotective mother, the mysterious servants, the light-averse children, or all of the above-- keeps us on edge, and…

• xdpirate

★★★★ Watched by xdpirate 04 Apr, 2014

WHAT A TWEEST

Seriously, I didn't expect it and it was amazing. 8/10

• Daniel Mármol

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Mármol 31 Mar, 2014 1

"Sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead."

No me cansaría nunca de verla, de lo mejor del género para mí.

• Ravishankar Narayanan

★★★½ Watched by Ravishankar Narayanan 24 Mar, 2014

Could have been a little shorter.

• David

★★★½ Rewatched by David 23 Mar, 2014

"Nadie puede hacernos salir de esta casa."

—Grace

• whitsbrain

★★★★½ Added by whitsbrain

This is an outstanding and scary ghost story. No gore, no ridiculous CGI, just atmosphere, atmosphere and more atmosphere. Director Alejandro Amenabar uses light and shadow, fog and darkness, and a very creepy old mansion to keep the viewer on the edge of his seat.

One thing is certain; the mother, Grace Stewart is nuts. Nicole Kidman looks exquisite as the protective hen, raising her children in the dim light of candles and lamplight. After the opening credits, the movie begins with a scream and the ending shocks us with a surprise.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

With an extremely creepy atmosphere and an excellent performance from Kidman, The Others proves itself to be an excellent horror film that doesn't need blood and gore to entertain.