• Chris Ward

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ward 13 Feb, 2014

One of the few modern ghost movies that I think is effective and creates the right atmosphere. The image of the elderly house servants crossing the lawn in the dark is really quite spooky and, although it does riff off The Sixth Sense a bit, it really works.

• Shu

★★★★ Added by Shu

Whoa-oh-oh. Screwed me over, this one.

I had to cover my eyes at some scenes because that's how awful I am with horror films, but this had such a brilliant end. Also stellar performance from Nicole Kidman as a overprotective (but justly so) mother.

Christopher Eccleston with hair was a real shocker. Dude looks better with less hair jeez.

• MissMacGuffin

★★★★ Added by MissMacGuffin

Terror clásico que, en realidad, cuenta un drama personal. Nicole Kidman fue una clara sexta nominada en los Oscars de aquel año. Y la fotografía es impresionante.

• Vaishnav

★★★★ Watched by Vaishnav 18 Jan, 2014

Mindblowing thriller from, Alejandro Amenábar, the maker of Sea Inside (2007) and Open Your Eyes (1997). Sad that I kept it so long to watch.. Nicole is absolutely great among all <3

• Jack Cox

★★★½ Watched by Jack Cox 19 Jan, 2014

While the film is somewhat predictable it's very entertaining and Nicole Kidman gives a terrific performance as Grace, despite the predictability of it I think it's very clever and quite a brilliant ending when the tables get turned.

• MatteoZ

★★★★ Rewatched by MatteoZ 18 Jan, 2014

Ho visto questo film in diverse occasioni ma ogni volta rimango sorpreso dalla prova di Nicole Kidman. Credo sia una delle sue migliori interpretazioni di tutta la sua carriera.
    Il finale è qualcosa di sensazionale, il regista Alejandro Amenábar perpetra un vero e proprio inganno allo spettatore.
    E' un film horror vecchio stile, senza effetti speciali costosissimi ma in grado comunque di angosciare e inquietare lo spettatore.

• lu1slpz

★★★ Watched by lu1slpz 02 Jan, 2014

Some scary moments that warrant an applause, but overall didn't keep me interested enough.

• Aiva

★★★★ Added by Aiva

Kaut kad senāk biju redzējusi, tāpēc lielais pārsteigums iet secen. Bet paliek prieks par radīto atmosfēru, līdzpārdzīvojums un sajūsma par režisora spēju uzburt tādu stāstu ar tik interesantu pavērsienu.
    Patlaban esmu gotisko stāstu meklējumos un šis ar mistiskajām kaitēm, apsēsto namu, miglu un traģiskiem pagātnes notikumiem gana labi ierakstās šajā žanrā. Arī pārjūtīgā un bālā Kidmena piestāv stāstam.

• Stephen French

★★★★ Watched by Stephen French 24 Mar, 2011

When I saw this on the shelves of my local video store, I assumed this would be a 2000s take on The Turn Of The Screw...which means copious amounts of blood and a "mind boggling" twist that feels like it was thrown in last minute to add superficial shock value.

I was wrong.

Almost as soon as I heard Alejandro Amenabar's music on the opening titles, I knew I'd be in for at least a decent film. It progressed further…

• LiteYear

★★★★½ Rewatched by LiteYear 15 Sep, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Matt Garcia

★★★½ Added by Matt Garcia

Watched this movie with my future wife Justine when we were only 16 years old! This was one of our first dates at the Trans-Lux Starlight Cinema.

• Mark Mierzejewski

★★★½ Rewatched by Mark Mierzejewski 10 Dec, 2013

Not as good as The Sixth Sense or The Orphanage, but still a damn creepy Gothic story, a decade later.