• Shawn Stubbs

★★★★ Rewatched by Shawn Stubbs 13 Feb, 2015

This is well-written and engaging and Nicole Kidman is superb.

• lil_vixen

★★★★ Added by lil_vixen

I can watch Nicole Kidman any time, but this is one of my favourites.

Even though it isn't full of horror nor scares this movie is interesting. The era it's staged in and the briljant actors really got me thinking the story was about them being haunted...without ever seeing the thing/person that's haunting them.

But this movie has a nice twist. Nothing is what it seems and I like that.I really want to try and figure out what's going on.

• EnrapturedGoose

★★★★½ Added by EnrapturedGoose

The Others is a gripping and unsettling movie with an awesome twist.

• Ingo Wypych

★★★½ Watched by Ingo Wypych 04 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Um filme de terror interessante que quebra o clichê de outros filmes com a mesma ideia, de casa assombrada e espíritos, contando a história a partir do ponto de vista da família que assombra, e não dos "assombrados".

• Luke Kane

★★★★ Watched by Luke Kane 31 Jan, 2015 9

The Others is testimony to the power of restraint. It's a scare movie that doesn't have to get silly before we gasp. If it hadn't worked (like An American Haunting or Wolfman or The Woman in Black didn't work), I probably would've accused Amenábar of haughtiness and sneered at his noble intentions. It's a movie that takes the old-fashioned staples of the genre (a creaking old mansion, the stern matron, a hidden graveyard, infanticide, religious idolatry, pale children wandering about…

• Fsjallink

★★★★ Watched by Ari 27 Jan, 2015

What. The. Fuck.

• Yaşar Tarık Kalyoncu

★★★½ Watched by Yaşar Tarık Kalyoncu 22 Jan, 2015

Filmin ilk anlarından beri gerilimi çok yüksek tutuyor. Film boyunca kafanızda sürekli farklı farklı tahminler uydursanız da filmin sonunu tahmin etmek neredeyse imkansız. Film çok sürpriz bir şekilde bitiyor. Belkide filmi vasat seviyesinden kurtaran budur.

Filmi korku filmlerinde korkan izleyicilere tavsiye ediyorum. Korkmam derseniz çok zevk alacağınızı düşünmüyorum.

• Mark Ciemcioch

★★★ Rewatched by Mark Ciemcioch 09 Nov, 2014

Haiku Review:
    Creepy film with twist
    but drags on repeat viewing;
    Not Kidman's best role.

• Darren Fx

★★★★ Watched by Darren Fx 17 Jan, 2015

"Sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead."

A slow start but everything reached full circle at the end of the film with the amazing twist that made this film excellent and smart.

• Bjørn-Harald Sønsthagen

★★★ Rewatched by Bjørn-Harald Sønsthagen 15 Jan, 2015

It drags a little, but the sound editing is quite good!