• chill007

★★★★ Added by chill007

A well done horror/thriller that didn't have much too it but will leave you with goose bumps.

• SoFuLL

Watched by SoFuLL 21 Jul, 2015

The Six Sense's mentally challenged cousin.

• Andrew Willis

★★★½ Watched by Andrew Willis 19 Jul, 2015

Listen to ScreeningNotes and I discuss this film and much more on our podcast,Movies Now and Then.

A atmospheric and spooky ghost story set soon after the 2nd World War.

Nicole Kidman plays the mother of two photosensitive children, who has recently hired house keepers to replace the ones that left in the middle of the night. The children are super sensitive to any light at all. This condition demands a few rules be adhered to religiously. First off, no…

• mfulton

★★★★½ Added by mfulton

A-

• RonnieGardocki

★★ Rewatched by RonnieGardocki 10 Jul, 2015

Twist ending: they were boring THE WHOLE TIME.

• Gibnerd

★★★ Watched by Gibnerd 08 Jul, 2015

first of all, before last night i had never seen this movie. it was just one that always slipped by and i just never made an effort to watch. and somehow nobody ever told me the extremely predictable twist ending. speaking of that ending, it's interesting watching The Others today as i'm not sure it has aged real well. the first half is not too unlike the modern horror trend of The Conjuring , Insidious and all that but the…

• Mully Mullennix

★★★★½ Watched by Mully Mullennix 07 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This was a hidden gem. I really loved the premise of the living affecting the dead in a haunting way. I was pretty surprised by the twist and I thought the acting was excellent. I was like a serious take on Beetlejuice. High recommend.

• jmhuston

★½ Added by jmhuston

Nicole Kidman Bruce Willis-ing up the joint and wasting my time by not being alive for a single frame of this movie

• Daan Janssens

★★★½ Watched by Daan Janssens 30 Jun, 2015

Lieve Heer, verlos mij van creepy kinderen en jumpscares in films, ik kan dat niet aan. Goede twists hier en daar, zeker op het einde. Mooi verpakt. En de cast was heel overtuigend.

• Scott Liening

★★★ Watched by Scott Liening 28 Jun, 2015

A more than solid pastiche of classic haunted house films. Well constructed and executed, with an ornate and classical style; it feels almost like a Merchant-Ivory ghost story.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 21 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A great haunted story movie from the point of view of the ghost. I see this movie as a great companion piece to the 6th Sense. This one shows the other side of the story with the ghost not realizing they are dead.
    I love this movie does not relies on jump scares and goes back to using the creepy atmosphere. I was also surprised to find out that this is a Spanish Production. I love all the clues they have on the film, which foreshadow the ending.

• L!M!N