• Orla Smith

★★★½ Watched by Orla Smith 12 Apr, 2016

7.5/10
    Thick with atmosphere and genuinely mysterious and tense. The filmmaking is just great, especially cinematography-wise. It's so gothic.

• Stephen

★★★★ Watched by Stephen 10 Apr, 2016

Kidman nails “stern mother on the verge of a breakdown” amid some very competent eerie chills, with a gentle pace that does not let up when it comes to delivering a memorably twisty ending.

• JackRabbit_

was ok
    was drunk though

• mattpass

★★★★ Rewatched by mattpass 03 Apr, 2016

I fell asleep the first two times I tried to watch this, but quite enjoyed it once I actually watched the whole thing. Haunter is a good film that uses a similar concept but gets into it more quickly.

• Alex Vieira

★★★★ Watched by Alex Vieira 22 Mar, 2016

É muito difícil o nome de M. Night Shyamalan não vir à nossa cabeça enquanto visualizamos The Others. Se desconhecesse a filmografia do cineasta, e se os créditos não surgissem no início desta longa-metragem, diria que a pessoa que estava a realizar esta história sobre fantasmas e casas assombradas era Shyamalan. Não só pelo facto da reviravolta no final, assim como pela atmosfera criada. Remete bastante ao suspense e mistério de The Sixth Sense.

Alejandro Amenábar realizou e escreveu um…

• David Aitchison

★★★★ Watched by David Aitchison 10 Mar, 2016

QualityApeMan’s Ridiculous 2016 Horror Challenge!

Day 70: The Others - 2001

A woman and her two children start experiencing strange occurrences in their house.

This is a great modern horror film. The acting is superb from all the main cast involved, even the children for a change. The film flows along slowly, but it doesn't seem to get boring. There is also a good balance of suspense, mystery and even the occasional jump-scare, yet doesn't overdo it. The ending is superb as well as the pieces all fit together. Definitely one to watch.

• Peter Cox

★★★★ Watched by Peter Cox 28 Mar, 2016

Nicole Kidman's a bit much here but I suppose sometimes you just can't get the staff.

• firelordazulas

★★★★ Watched by firelordazulas 26 Mar, 2016

THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD TWIST ON STEREOTYPICAL GHOST FILMS I LOVED IT also im hella gay 4 nicole kidman tbh

• Marna Larsen

★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I love an old-fashioned ghost story. Though I've noticed they tend to make me weepy. This one especially.

• LobsterNewberg

★★★½ Watched by LobsterNewberg 24 Mar, 2016

no nicole, you are the ghosts