• AmandaC

★★★½ Watched by AmandaC 12 Jul, 2014

The music is phenomenal in this film, almost another character. Love the role of Mrs Mills - scarily reassuring.

• filmwatcher

★★★½ Watched by filmwatcher 12 Jul, 2014

Different bit of suspense. Some questions left unanswered but still worth a watch.

• addicted2dvd

★★★★ Rewatched by addicted2dvd 01 Jul, 2014

I have always enjoyed this movie... is a really good ghost story. Even though I did figure out the end twist early the first time I watched it. This movie has some good atmosphere... and I think the cast did a great job. If you never seen this film... I highly recommend it.

• No-Personality

★★★½ Rewatched by No-Personality 24 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sisky

★★★★★ Watched by sisky 21 Jun, 2014

SO FUCKING GOOD

• Lewis Taplin

★★★ Watched by Lewis Taplin 13 Jun, 2014

A haunting film which explored personal and emotional complexities that many horrors tend to ignore.

• mars_romana

★★★ Watched by mars_romana 11 Jun, 2014

Payoff wasn't quite worth the investment. Shave off 30 minutes and we'll call it a deal.

• Ryan Meyers

★★★★ Added by Ryan Meyers

The mother of two photosensitive children hires on new help, and the house begins to manifest spirits. A really refreshing, great horror movie. Nicole Kidman's performance here is really far better than her Moulin Rouge! work for which she was nominated the same year. The omnipresent fog and period-piece cinematography add another layer of creepiness to the whole film. Fionnula Flanagan does an excellent job as the newly-hired maid as well.

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

It’s well acted. Nicole Kidman does a great job keeping “the secret” and the kids who play her children perform like pros. It’s not especially scary, and I sort of guessed what was going on about half way through, but the twist was turned very nicely. Worth watching? I’d say “yes.”

• fermion

★★★ Added by fermion

alright

• olgafour

★★★★ Added by olgafour

One of the best thriller movies!!!!

• Elias Elias