• Jared Landis

★★ Watched by Jared Landis 15 Aug, 2014

Awful acting.

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

El mismo Francis Coppola (forma en la cual aparece en los créditos de esta película) era un outsider en Hollywood, un director de corazón experimental e independiente metido de lleno en la industria con éxitos de taquilla en los 70 y varios Oscar en su casa.

En esta película Francis le da la primera oportunidad (o de las primeras) a varias futuras estrellas que llenarían las salas de cine por los siguientes años: C. Thomas Howell, Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio,…

• Sean McDonnell

★★★½ Watched by Sean McDonnell 05 Aug, 2014

Stay Gold, Seanie Boy.

• Peter Bogert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Bogert 07 Jul, 2014

The Outsiders was just the film I needed when I was 15 going on 16. I saw it in the late 1980's on video and it changed something in me - for better. There are so many stories in this film so I was glad Coppola released The Outsiders: The Complete Novel.

In his autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends Rob Low wrote that The Complete Novel edition of The Outsiders is the film he made back then. There's…

• Kyle Porter

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Porter 05 Jul, 2014

Man, what an amazing group of actors! This movie is pretty amazing, I must admit. I never did read the book, but now I want to. I saw this movie for the first time about ten years ago, and I liked it, but I think I understand it more now as an adult. This time I watched the director's cut of the film, or, "The Complete Novel". I don't know if that changed the way I feel about it or not. Anyway, great movie, great actors. Everyone should see it at least once.

• Zach Killebrew

★★★ Rewatched by Zach Killebrew 02 Jul, 2014

With the exception of a couple scenes, Coppola never makes much of a statement with this film. It seems distant and impersonal compared to his other work. The film never seems to make the jump out of mediocrity.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Added by sebastian_drogo

Non uno dei migliori film di Coppola, mette insieme tutta
    una serie di giovanotti di belle speranze(Swayze, Cruise,
    Lowe, Dillon, ecc) che negli anni a venire diventeranno sex
    symbol e attori di cassetta ad Hollywood.
    Non moltissimo talento, ma tanto testoterone, per i baldi giovani.
    Per il resto, ottima la fotografia e alcune scene in perfetto Coppola
    style.
    Non molto, ma neppure poco. Imprescindibile, invece, il seguente,
    Rumble Fish.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★ Added by GiddyNGleeful

For a book-to-film adaptation of a book I didn't particularly love, this film's pretty decent.

• Sean Uyeoka

★★★ Rewatched by Sean Uyeoka 08 Jun, 2014

First time watching "The Complete Novel" version... One step forward for including the cut scenes of the Curtis brothers, two steps back in regards to the horrible new soundtrack.

• TheTalent

★★★½ Added by TheTalent

Read the book instead.

• Terence Page

★★★★ Watched by Terence Page 02 Jun, 2014

Not deep or as impactful as i would have like it to have been but it's still a solid watch.

• Jimmy Jones

★★★ Added by Jimmy Jones

Periodic teenage life piece that's most notable for its youthful vigour and for all the cameos of young males who would later become noteworthy actors. The plot of rival gangs is a little simple and sometimes corny, but the film can also be brutal and sad sometimes about the hardships that teens from underprivileged homes face. If you're a "Rebel Without A Cause" kind of guy, you may get quite the kick out of this. If not, it's pretty solid, pretty average.