• Matt Taylor

★★ Rewatched by Matt Taylor 19 Dec, 2014

It's funny how something you LOVED in middle school & sort of enjoyed in high school can become so bad in college.

So bad. So very, very bad.

• Lee Towler

★★ Watched by Lee Towler 16 Dec, 2014 11

"100 Years 100 Movies" list by Lee Towler (47/100)

A lot of this isn't really a review of The Outsiders, if you don't fancy reading me ramble on about Coppola for a bit then skip ahead a few paragraphs.

Honestly, nothing would make me happier than to see Coppola in his prime again like back in the '70s. Well a few things would. If I found myself married to Mia Wasikowska I'd be happier, certainly. But Coppola being on his…

• ScribeHard

★★★ Rewatched by ScribeHard 22 Nov, 2014

Another in a growing list of films from the '80s that work better as nostalgia than as art.

• Fernando Andrés

★★★ Added by Fernando Andrés

"When I left the theater, I had two things on my mind... Paul Newman, and a ride home."

Francis, oh Francis, what have ye done? A director that's made all-enveloping worlds out of the Mafia and Vietnam is given a teen gang saga and he gives us this? Aside from its outstanding and scarily prophetic cast (so many fucking future stars), it's really nothing special. It lags and has a strange, detached narrative tone that makes all the action about 300% less interesting. I like the few glints of Coppola-style present here and there, but otherwise, I'll be forgetting most of this pretty soon. Oh well.

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

★★ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

Read the Book, Watched the movie. I Forgot everything

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★★ Added by Gunther Ramysen

For me The Outsiders is one of the best movies ever, i loved the way it all worked out. And the big actors who are featured are giving the best what they have ever done.

• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Mediocre adaptation of a great book.

• washington

★★★★ Watched by washington 19 Nov, 2014

This is the most fascinating and probably best option for FFC to have gone on after totally tanking One From the Heart. The film is utterly anonymous with more similarities to Lucas' work than anything else. It's as if FFC wished to wipe himself clean of the past and become just another working director. Yet he really can't do that as the film screams style, there's an amazing split diopter effect after the big fight half an hour in which…

• hydra815

★★½ Added by hydra815

Coppola made such very strange, and ultimately it seems destructive, artistic choices during his career and his fall from grace, along with someone like George Lucas, may be considered the most painful of all time (at least artistically, I'm sure the two of them are still very rich men). This nostalgia-driven adaptation of a cult piece of American literature is one of these strange choices and, unlike it's companion piece, the excellent *Rumble Fish*, does seem to stutter and limp…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 16 Dec, 2013

Rating: B-

• Jacob Morales

★★ Watched by Jacob Morales 30 Sep, 2014

The best part of the movie was Matt Dillon telling Sofia Coppola to take a hike lol

• Chris Traeger

★★★★★ Added by Chris Traeger

This is LITERALLY!...one of the best movies of all time!