• Chris

★★½ Watched by Chris 01 May, 2016 6

Can't quite get over how over the top this movie was, from the line deliveries to the music cues to the voice over to the floating head of Johnny at the end.

But what I really can't get over is that this film may have the most awkward looking banner on Letterboxd. Go to the film's page and look at it. There are five of the actors, each one was apparently told to look pained, but they could not wear…

• Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

★★★½ Added by Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

What I got to say about "The Outsiders" is a good movie. The performances is well done."The whole actor really brings each character to right before your eyes." The directing by Francis Ford Coppola is great. The screenplay is good. The cinematography is good. The score and effects are good as well. "I have to report that "The Outsiders" as a movie really does give the novel justice with respect to the story and characters."

• isa shaw

Watched by isa shaw 29 Apr, 2016

idk we had to watch this in php and i wasn't really paying attention so all i got from it was a bunch of white boys smoking

• sarah

★★★ Added by sarah

almost as good as the book

• Josh Needle

★½ Added by Josh Needle 2

I re-watched The Outsiders not too long ago and was ready to have an amazing and emotional time after loving it when I was a kid. After doing so I strongly advise that nobody else do the same, because it killed me when I realized that this movie actually kind of sucks.

The performances are mediocre, the script is often bland (and further proof that dialogue that works in a book doesn't always work in a movie), and it's just…

• Dalton Henderson

★★★½ Watched by Dalton Henderson 20 Apr, 2016

Just look at that cast.

• Bubz

★★★★ Watched by Bubz 17 Apr, 2016

I loved this. Just a wonderful depiction of teenage life in the 50's gang culture. Super fun, great soundtrack, great characters and chemistry between all cast members and in the end a really uplifting little movie.

• FilmiesNick

★★★½ Rewatched by FilmiesNick 11 Apr, 2016

"Let's do it for Johnny, man."

• Matt Mansfield

Watched by Matt Mansfield 11 Apr, 2016

"jeez, Soda, why's he gotta be like that?"
    "he's just got more troubles than he used to"
    -----
    "it's like the mist is what's pretty, all silver and gold"

savour the obfuscation, stay gold.

• Mike Hricik

★★½ Rewatched by Mike Hricik 08 Apr, 2016

Original theatrical release: ★★½

The Complete Novel: ★★★★½ (♥)

• Rainey Dawn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rainey Dawn 21 Oct, 2014

Exactly Like S.E. Hintons Book

I had a copy of the book as a preteen - I read it over and over. I loved it so much. Then this film was produced, naturally I had to see it, and IT IS the book on film... word for word, scene by scene - right down to the finest details. The movie was everything I hoped it would be since I was already a big fan of the book.

The film is…

• godfather1977

★★★½ Watched by godfather1977 03 Apr, 2016

I forgot that this movie was as tragic as it is. So interesting to see something that reflects not just a snapshot in the past but a reality that we currently see today re: a division of social classes.

ALSO - so many good freaking actors in this movie!!!! Did this movie launch those careers or did the director just KNOW?!?!