• sarahc

★★★★ Added by sarahc

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 02 Sep, 2014 7

"Are you a real red head? Are you real? How can I find out if this is your real red hair? If this is the same red hair you have on your, uh, your, your, these eyebrows."- Dallas

It is well known that after the 70's Francis Ford Coppola was never the same. The Outsiders is considered to be one of his best films post-70's. I watched the extended version (known as The Complete Novel) because I've heard it's better.…

• Balu

★★★ Watched by Balu 14 Sep, 2014

The theme song is a very pretty song.
    The acting is also very good.. It has dramatic scenes.
    One of my favorite parts of the is when ponyboy is reunited with his brothers. It is emotional scene. Lots of other parts of the movie are really good too.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

The first of Coppola's S.E. Hinton adaptations and it is largely eclipsed by the subsequent Rumble Fish which tackles existential teen angst in a much more compelling and less conventional manner. The film did give many big names important and early roles though, such as: C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez and even Tom Cruise.

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 28 Aug, 2014

great teen movie

• Daryl

★★ Watched by Daryl 03 Sep, 2014

I was desperately disappointed with this film, I wanted to love it. A great cast with some actors inhumanely underused, I thought the story was weak and some of the acting weren't great at times. Perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind and I suppose there could be a possibility of giving it another go in the future.

• Rebecca Leigh

★★★ Watched by Rebecca Leigh 16 Aug, 2014

C+

• bdavis

★★★ Watched by bdavis 30 Aug, 2014 1

I love the cast but I honestly expected better.

"Stay gold."

• Jared Landis

★★ Watched by Jared Landis 15 Aug, 2014

Awful acting.

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

El mismo Francis Coppola (forma en la cual aparece en los créditos de esta película) era un outsider en Hollywood, un director de corazón experimental e independiente metido de lleno en la industria con éxitos de taquilla en los 70 y varios Oscar en su casa.

En esta película Francis le da la primera oportunidad (o de las primeras) a varias futuras estrellas que llenarían las salas de cine por los siguientes años: C. Thomas Howell, Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio,…

• Sean McDonnell

★★★½ Watched by Sean McDonnell 05 Aug, 2014

Stay Gold, Seanie Boy.

• Peter Bogert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Bogert 07 Jul, 2014

The Outsiders was just the film I needed when I was 15 going on 16. I saw it in the late 1980's on video and it changed something in me - for better. There are so many stories in this film so I was glad Coppola released The Outsiders: The Complete Novel.

In his autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends Rob Low wrote that The Complete Novel edition of The Outsiders is the film he made back then. There's…