• massageman

★★★★★ Watched by massageman 02 Jul, 2015

This is really one of my favorite films! I don't think it is Francis Ford Coppola's best film, but it is my personal favorite of his work. It is also pretty amazing that S. E. Hinton finished this novel while she was still a teenager! The thing I really like about this story is that I really relate to the friendship of Ponyboy and Johnny. The best friends in my life have been the ones where our relationship was on…

• addictsam

★★★★½ Rewatched by addictsam 23 Jun, 2015

still cried

• Sierra

★★★ Watched by Sierra 26 May, 2015

Expected to like this a lot more than I did. I get why it's iconic but I needed more story and less senseless actions to grab my attention.

• Brian Langenwalter

★★★★★ Watched by Brian Langenwalter 16 Jun, 2015

A phenomenal coming of age film focusing on a gang of greasers in the 1950's. Amazing performances all around from well-known actors that were just getting their start in Hollywood.

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5

• Gus

★½ Added by Gus

A poor adaptation of a novel I've never really had much of an attachment to. Meh.

3.0/10

• kreeder

★★★½ Rewatched by kreeder 27 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Good movie. Sad but interesting. Followed the book really closely. These groups of kids are part of the poor and they are called the greasers and the super rich kids are called the socs. They are always fighting and causing problems. In the end some of the kids die but it also brings the family closer together. good book and movie.

• timhulsizer

★★★★½ Added by timhulsizer

Holy balls, what an insane cast this thing has. Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio, Tom Cruise, Diane Lane, Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez...and a sweet little tune by Stevie Wonder. Not to mention Coppola pulling off some insane deep focus camera shots.

Basic plot from imdb: "A teen gang in rural Oklahoma, the Greasers are perpetually at odds with the Socials, a rival group. When Greasers Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell) and Johnny (Ralph Macchio) get into a…

• Robsmovielists

★★½ Added by Robsmovielists 1

The Outsiders is directed by Francis Ford Coppola and is based off of S.E. Hinton's classic novel of the same name. The basic plot of this movie is that there are two rivalry gangs. These two gangs are the rich Socs and the poor Greasers. Everything heats up between these two groups when a member of one of the gangs kills a member of the other gang.

This is an ensemble cast type of movie. This movie stars C. Thomas…

• Andrew Brown

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Brown 19 May, 2015

Timeless classic about friendship and cliques. It still gets a little dusty toward the end. Stay gold.

• Ian Salsbury

★★½ Watched by Ian Salsbury 19 May, 2015 2

A rather bleak tale of gang warfare getting out of hand. Two opposing teenage gangs, the 'greasers' and 'soashes', pretty much can't stand the sight of each other. At any given opportunity they're more than happy to have a bundle and eventually blood is spilt. The film deals with the consequences and is largely morally ambiguous...neither side comes out of it particularly well although the film wants our sympathies to rest with two of the more likable youths.

This has…

• PerseuEvans

★★★★½ Rewatched by PerseuEvans 17 May, 2015

Coppola displays immense sensibility in telling a tale of friendship, loss and teenage angst in the middle of 50s America. In the surface, an exploration of the rebellion of youth, but deep down a study of the responsibility we all share towards those we love. The scene mixing "Gone With the Wind" with "Nothing Gold Can Stay" is heartbreaking.