• hydra815

★★½ Added by hydra815

Coppola made such very strange, and ultimately it seems destructive, artistic choices during his career and his fall from grace, along with someone like George Lucas, may be considered the most painful of all time (at least artistically, I'm sure the two of them are still very rich men). This nostalgia-driven adaptation of a cult piece of American literature is one of these strange choices and, unlike it's companion piece, the excellent *Rumble Fish*, does seem to stutter and limp…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 16 Dec, 2013

Rating: B-

• Jacob Morales

★★ Watched by Jacob Morales 30 Sep, 2014

The best part of the movie was Matt Dillon telling Sofia Coppola to take a hike lol

• Chris Traeger

★★★★★ Added by Chris Traeger

This is LITERALLY!...one of the best movies of all time!

• sarahc

★★★★ Added by sarahc

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 02 Sep, 2014 7

"Are you a real red head? Are you real? How can I find out if this is your real red hair? If this is the same red hair you have on your, uh, your, your, these eyebrows."- Dallas

It is well known that after the 70's Francis Ford Coppola was never the same. The Outsiders is considered to be one of his best films post-70's. I watched the extended version (known as The Complete Novel) because I've heard it's better.…

• Balu

★★★ Watched by Balu 14 Sep, 2014

The theme song is a very pretty song.
    The acting is also very good.. It has dramatic scenes.
    One of my favorite parts of the is when ponyboy is reunited with his brothers. It is emotional scene. Lots of other parts of the movie are really good too.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

The first of Coppola's S.E. Hinton adaptations and it is largely eclipsed by the subsequent Rumble Fish which tackles existential teen angst in a much more compelling and less conventional manner. The film did give many big names important and early roles though, such as: C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez and even Tom Cruise.

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 28 Aug, 2014

great teen movie

• Daryl

★★ Watched by Daryl 03 Sep, 2014

I was desperately disappointed with this film, I wanted to love it. A great cast with some actors inhumanely underused, I thought the story was weak and some of the acting weren't great at times. Perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind and I suppose there could be a possibility of giving it another go in the future.

• Rebecca Leigh

★★★ Watched by Rebecca Leigh 16 Aug, 2014

C+

• bdavis

★★★ Watched by bdavis 30 Aug, 2014 1

I love the cast but I honestly expected better.

"Stay gold."