• Peter Bogert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Bogert 07 Jul, 2014

The Outsiders was just the film I needed when I was 15 going on 16. I saw it in the late 1980's on video and it changed something in me - for better. There are so many stories in this film so I was glad Coppola released The Outsiders: The Complete Novel.

In his autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends Rob Low wrote that The Complete Novel edition of The Outsiders is the film he made back then. There's…

• Kyle Porter

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Porter 05 Jul, 2014

Man, what an amazing group of actors! This movie is pretty amazing, I must admit. I never did read the book, but now I want to. I saw this movie for the first time about ten years ago, and I liked it, but I think I understand it more now as an adult. This time I watched the director's cut of the film, or, "The Complete Novel". I don't know if that changed the way I feel about it or not. Anyway, great movie, great actors. Everyone should see it at least once.

• Zach Killebrew

★★★ Rewatched by Zach Killebrew 02 Jul, 2014

With the exception of a couple scenes, Coppola never makes much of a statement with this film. It seems distant and impersonal compared to his other work. The film never seems to make the jump out of mediocrity.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Added by sebastian_drogo

Non uno dei migliori film di Coppola, mette insieme tutta
    una serie di giovanotti di belle speranze(Swayze, Cruise,
    Lowe, Dillon, ecc) che negli anni a venire diventeranno sex
    symbol e attori di cassetta ad Hollywood.
    Non moltissimo talento, ma tanto testoterone, per i baldi giovani.
    Per il resto, ottima la fotografia e alcune scene in perfetto Coppola
    style.
    Non molto, ma neppure poco. Imprescindibile, invece, il seguente,
    Rumble Fish.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★ Added by GiddyNGleeful

For a book-to-film adaptation of a book I didn't particularly love, this film's pretty decent.

• Sean Uyeoka

★★★ Rewatched by Sean Uyeoka 08 Jun, 2014

First time watching "The Complete Novel" version... One step forward for including the cut scenes of the Curtis brothers, two steps back in regards to the horrible new soundtrack.

• TheTalent

★★★½ Added by TheTalent

Read the book instead.

• Terence Page

★★★★ Watched by Terence Page 02 Jun, 2014

Not deep or as impactful as i would have like it to have been but it's still a solid watch.

• Jimmy Jones

★★★ Added by Jimmy Jones

Periodic teenage life piece that's most notable for its youthful vigour and for all the cameos of young males who would later become noteworthy actors. The plot of rival gangs is a little simple and sometimes corny, but the film can also be brutal and sad sometimes about the hardships that teens from underprivileged homes face. If you're a "Rebel Without A Cause" kind of guy, you may get quite the kick out of this. If not, it's pretty solid, pretty average.

• Lucas Barwenczik

★★½ Watched by Lucas Barwenczik 26 May, 2014

Francis Ford Coppola versucht sich an einer "Rebel without a cause"-Pastiche. Ein illustrer Cast von heute berühmten Jungdarstellern (Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillion...) spielt die Geschichte um jugendliche Gangmitlglieder immer auf dem schmalen Grade zwischen energetisch und chargierend. Leider ist das Drehbuch schwach und überfrachtet mit melodramatischen Klischees. Die Musik wirkt aufdringlich, manche Szenen wirken als hätte zuerst das Rock- oder Popstück gestanden, und erst dann hätte sich Coppola die Szene erdacht. Wie eine Alarmglocke geht ein Rockstück los,…

• Adam Grikepelis

Watched by Adam Grikepelis 21 May, 2014

I'm not quite sure how a film featuring a number of pretty enjoyable actors who went on to varying degrees of success in the '80's and onward, could result in something so dull and unengaging.

• Robert Motherwell

★★★★ Added by Robert Motherwell

Terrific showcase for Coppola and cast may meander at times but continues to bring the viewer back with shocking scenes of violence.
    Despite its stylish flair and loud mouth youths, the story is full of subtle and keen character observations. The choices made by these outsiders are both surprising yet completely thrilling to watch.
    Wonderful visuals keep the viewer fascinated throughout, even when the script feels a tad weak.