• Ashlea Moses

★★★★ Watched by Ashlea Moses 27 Jan, 2015

Nothing gold can stay.

• Eirik Pedersen

★★★½ Watched by Eirik Pedersen 22 Jan, 2015

The movie remembered for launching Tom Waits' acting career.

• Nadine Keels

★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

Something gold can stay.

• seanymills

★★★★ Watched by seanymills 16 Jan, 2015

"Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold."

The film adaption of the Outsiders has fallen victim to the fists of time a bit with a hollow story and superficial characters but I can always appreciate a good brawl with the socs.

• Vikram Dogra

★★★★½ Watched by Vikram Dogra 28 Dec, 2014

Coppola's most under-rated film?

• Matt Taylor

★★ Rewatched by Matt Taylor 19 Dec, 2014

It's funny how something you LOVED in middle school & sort of enjoyed in high school can become so bad in college.

So bad. So very, very bad.

• Lee Towler

★★ Watched by Lee Towler 16 Dec, 2014 11

"100 Years 100 Movies" list by Lee Towler (47/100)

A lot of this isn't really a review of The Outsiders, if you don't fancy reading me ramble on about Coppola for a bit then skip ahead a few paragraphs.

Honestly, nothing would make me happier than to see Coppola in his prime again like back in the '70s. Well a few things would. If I found myself married to Mia Wasikowska I'd be happier, certainly. But Coppola being on his…

• Michael Nazarewycz

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Nazarewycz 22 Nov, 2014

Another in a growing list of films from the '80s that work better as nostalgia than as art.

• Fernando Andrés

★★★ Added by Fernando Andrés

"When I left the theater, I had two things on my mind... Paul Newman, and a ride home."

Francis, oh Francis, what have ye done? A director that's made all-enveloping worlds out of the Mafia and Vietnam is given a teen gang saga and he gives us this? Aside from its outstanding and scarily prophetic cast (so many fucking future stars), it's really nothing special. It lags and has a strange, detached narrative tone that makes all the action about 300% less interesting. I like the few glints of Coppola-style present here and there, but otherwise, I'll be forgetting most of this pretty soon. Oh well.

View

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films

★★ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films

Read the Book, Watched the movie. I Forgot everything

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★★ Added by Gunther Ramysen

For me The Outsiders is one of the best movies ever, i loved the way it all worked out. And the big actors who are featured are giving the best what they have ever done.

• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Mediocre adaptation of a great book.