•  Sara

★★★★ Rewatched by Sara 06 Oct, 2015

mi perdición

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

For the 'Full book' version. I've never seen the 90 minute studio cut.

• MovieMeditation

★★½ Watched by MovieMeditation 14 Aug, 2015

They grew up on the outside of society. They weren't looking for a fight. They were looking to belong

Without having seen the original shorter version of this film, I feel like I can easily say it is probably better than this updated 'Complete Novel Version', which I happened to see since it is hard as hell to a get a hold of the original cut. I heard the new version was more true to the book, which I couldn't…

• vili_h

★★★★½ Watched by vili_h 26 Sep, 2015

I actually loved this movie. The acting was real good and the actors were fitting and believable and it was aesthetically pleasing (I particularly liked the lighting) and I just really enjoyed this. Added bonus, I got to watch with my best friend and it's her favorite movie.

• Colin Rinehart

★★★½ Rewatched by Colin Rinehart 17 Sep, 2015

One of those books and films you love as a kid and then look back on and realize "wow, this is actually pretty hokey and schmaltzy". But hey, Hinton was only 16 when she wrote it. For my money I'll take Rumblefish over this when it comes to Coppola-Hinton films every day.

Full of a plethora of 80s teen idols and good looking kids being tough but also oh so sensitive. The score is also a bit stilted. Otherwise though, it is a good film, just not quite a great one.

• MrOwen

★★★★ Rewatched by MrOwen 26 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Another proof that the only reason why people dissmisses the Coppola of the 80's is the Coppola of the 70's.

But the thing is, guys like him breathe cinema, and they can't help to make compelling movies even when they're not entirely successfull.

But I am biased. Not only I am not such a big fun of the Godfather movies (I know, I know... it's just what those movies have done for the mafia, and how every suburban white male…

• Elizabeth Lovatt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Elizabeth Lovatt 23 Aug, 2015

"Stay gold Ponyboy"

This film captures all the youth, angst and exuberance of S.E. Hinton's brilliant novel. As sensitive as it is tough.

• ufez

★★★★ Rewatched by ufez 20 Aug, 2015

I spent many, many Summer nights at the Admiral Twin Drive-In featured in the opening scene to this movie, so yes, as a native Tulser, I probably give it a little extra credit.

A cameo by Tom Waits certainly doesn't hurt in my book either, to be honest.

• Lucas Marmol

★★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 16 Aug, 2015

Great cast and atmosphere. Musical choices annoyed me, it was really off-putting most of the time. It's a enjoyable film until its last third, which is really bad, almost feels like part of another film.

• LaraAbdallah

★★★★★ Added by LaraAbdallah

This has been my favorite film since my older brother first showed it to me,when I was in 5th or 6th grade. I instantly fell in love with it and watched it over and over again because it just intrigued me so much,I think that the acting is extremely well done,especially Matt Dillon who has become one of my all time favorite actors and it is because of this film. Ralph Macchio as Johnny Cade is in my opinion his…

• Nani

★★★½ Added by Nani

• Tatiana

Watched by Tatiana 31 Jul, 2015

This was so messy I just couldn't get myself into it