• saltwater

★★★★ Watched by saltwater 05 Apr, 2014

The Philadelphia Story has so many sassy quips for a '40s film! It's simple, compelling, and has a quick wit to it that makes it an instantly likable watch. The casting of this film totally made up for the predictable and cringe-worthy final scenes. I especially loved the interactions between Cary Grant and James Stewart - ridiculous amounts of charisma and charm.

• Tim Ehrens

★★★ Watched by Tim Ehrens 18 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• SoManyWizards

★★★★ Watched by SoManyWizards 09 Apr, 2014

With the rich and mighty, always a little patience.

• Mike Hricik

★★½ Watched by Mike Hricik 09 Apr, 2014

Haven't seen a George Cukor picture I like yet. Sexist and preposterous, but with little beguiling moments, courtesy of Grant, Stewart, and Hepburn. The resulting .gifs are better than The Philadelphia Story itself. ic.pics.livejournal.com/great_segun/4255025/1501/1501_900.gif

• davidehrlich

★★★★ Watched by davidehrlich 30 Mar, 2014

you're so yar. you're so yar you don't even know it.

• MasterRick

★★★★★ Watched by MasterRick 20 Dec, 2012

This is how you do a romcom. A great cast, a script laden with witty, rapid-fire dialogue, and tight direction by George Cukor.

• asher is lost

★★★★ Added by asher is lost

A charming romantic comedy from director George Cukor with an all-star cast of Kathrine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart. The film is about a rich, headstrong woman (Hepburn) who’s getting married for the 2nd time but first has to deal with some unwelcomed guests, including a couple of reporters and her ex-husband who still seems to carry a torch for her.

• Dominic Biondi

★★★★★ Added by Dominic Biondi

They don't make movies like this anymore.

• Benjamin Sunday

★★★★ Watched by Benjamin Sunday 04 Mar, 2014

More my speed than Bringing Up Baby, featuring more mature versions of Grant and Hepburn (along with Stewart!), a more compelling love triangle, and a more mature conception of love.

Hepburn is at her withering best, though the girlish charms of her earlier days manifest in a fun drunken jaunt, and Grant and Stewart's flawed characters are both so charming that you can see why a girl would have a hard time marrying a perfectly decent nobody.

But what I…