• melinaleigh

★★★★★ Added by melinaleigh

My love for this film is so incredibly immense. I adore Hepburn and Grant together, always. Plus Jimmy Stewart serenading with Somewhere Over the Rainbow helps.

• bluevoid

★★★ Watched by bluevoid 25 Jun, 2014

A fun little story of a wealthy socialite and her love.. well, square. The story didn’t grab me all too much, but you can’t beat the cast. Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart. I could watch these people all day. While I might not be too high on Hepburn in this particular role, Stewart more than makes up for it. Mostly a good time, even if its a bit annoying at times.

• Jane Firehorse

★★★★ Watched by Jane Firehorse 15 Jul, 2014

I loved the party scenes best - everyone was so much fun playing drunk - and the ending was fast and sweet.

• Audrey

★★★★★ Watched by Audrey 01 Jul, 2014 26

Here's an offer you can't resist: a romantic comedy starring Katherine Hepburn as a strong-willed heiress named Tracy Lords who must choose between three men: her prim and proper fiancé, George Kittridge, her ex-husband, C.K. Dexter Haven (Cary Grant), and a wry, sarcastic journalist, Mike Conner (James Stewart). Of course George is almost immediately out of the question, and Hepburn must choose between Grant and Stewart. She isn't gonna get a bad deal either way, that's for sure.

But at…

• Sean Sexton

★★★★ Watched by Sean Sexton 05 Apr, 2014

A great comedy classic that is a must see because of the great ensemble of Grant, Hepburn and Stewart

Good: Wonderful chemistry between Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn

Bad: Humor might seem a little too intellectual for some

Rating: 8.9 / 10 (Great)

• Anthony Beaulieu

★★★★½ Added by Anthony Beaulieu

If a drunk James Stewart singing "Over the Rainbow" doesn't make this a must-watch, I don't know what will.

• Jacob Dornan

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Dornan 23 Jun, 2014

Quite simply a lovely, charming film. The whole cast is electric (especially Hepburn and Hussey), making the hilarious zingers even more biting than they probably were on the page. Some may have a problem with the ending, and I wouldn't entirely disagree with them there, but it's still one of the finest romantic comedies I've had the pleasure of viewing. Recommended to fans of classic Hollywood, any members of the cast, and those, like myself, who adore rapid fire, witty dialogue.

• teapot37

★★★★ Rewatched by teapot37 21 Jun, 2014

A socialite has to decide between her fiancé, her ex-husband, and a charming reporter. Sparkling repartée and wonderful chemistry between the leads make this one a winner.

• Audrey Karloff

★★★★ Watched by Audrey Karloff 14 Jun, 2014

This was a favorite when I was a teenager, but I hadn't watched it for a while. In my memory the sexual politics of it were pretty dicey. But I picked it up from my local library in hopes that maybe it was a little less sexist than I remembered. Actually, turns out it was even worse. When Cary Grant's Dexter and Katherine Hepburn's Tracy were married he apparently used to slap her around a bit. Now that marriage is…

• Lars Sieval

★★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 12 Jun, 2014

This was a nice fast paced romantic comedy with a great script! James Stewart was brilliant again, my love for him keeps growing everytime I see something with him in it. Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn are quite good as well!

Funny and charming script and some great acting make for a fun and lovely film!

• Luis F. Mayorgas

★★★½ Watched by Luis F. Mayorgas 07 Jun, 2014

Lo que más me ha llamado la atención en esta comedia de enredo clásica, una vez logré superar lo políticamente incorrecta que llega a ser a veces, es una cualidad de los actores clásicos que solamente se me ocurre definir como "señorío". Algo patente en James Stewart, Cary Grant y sobre todo en una Katherine Hepburn a todas luces irrepetible.

Por lo demás, me ha sorprendido lo atrevida que llega a ser en ocasiones una película sometida a los códigos de censura de los 40, abordando temas de índole sexual a base de elipsis y sobreentendidos. Muy divertida y visible hoy en día.

• Monica Pallotta

½ Watched by Monica Pallotta 22 Jan, 2014

i really hated this movie and i was super excited to watch it to because of it's star power.
    but really how boring can a film be? nothing about it was funny nor evoked any kind of feeling in me except tiredness.