• GayFeelings

★★★★★ Watched by GayFeelings 28 Sep, 2014

My favorite romantic comedy of all time! It is witty, elegant, smart... The cast couldn't be better. Hepburn was a surprise, her acting is much better than in other films I've seen. I find it impossible to pick my favorite Steward's performance, but this is a strong contender. The afterparty scene with Hepburn and Steward took my breath away. These 10 minutes are perfect.

• Aaron Martin

★★★½ Watched by Aaron Martin 26 Sep, 2014

Good boozy fun with Stewart, Hepburn & Grant. Yar indeed.

• Tipu Sultan

★★★★ Watched by Tipu Sultan 24 Sep, 2014

Boy, this film had some mean dialogue. Snappy, electric and quick like Eastwood on the draw.
    With an array of colorful characters and a potent commentary on class divide veiled behind adorable humor, The Philadelphia Story was a thrilling ride.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Quite literally the screwball comedy to end all screwball comedies, The Philadelphia Story uses its explosive cast to their full potential to present a charming story of marriage.

• Justin Swanson

★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 14 Sep, 2014

Katherine Hepburn is incandescent in this film. It's hard to take your eyes off her when she's on screen.

In general The Philadelphia Story is a fine film... once you get past the the domestic abuse jokes and rampant sexism.

• Sam Blackman

★★★★ Watched by Sam Blackman 10 Sep, 2014

Well written and perfectly executed, the cast makes excellent use of The Philadelphia Story's great dialogue, with Grant, Hepburn and Stewart all giving fantastic performances.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 14 Nov, 2009

In spite of a somewhat rushed ending, The Philadelphia Story by George Cukor is a funny, charming, and sophisticated screwball comedy bolstered by sharp writing and the fabulous performances of its three leading stars. Katharine Hepburn was fantastic, Cary Grant was terrific, but it was James Stewart who stole the show in what was arguably his finest comedic role. It displays a sort of elegant and enchantingly subtle humor that might not make people laugh out loud, but it's surely bound to produce quite a few chuckles and to put a big smile on their faces.

• moviemanwill

★★★★ Added by moviemanwill

Stewart won for his horrible drunk acting? Weird. The rest is quite fun.

• The Movie King

★★ Watched by The Movie King 15 May, 2014

"I'm going crazy. I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and I'm going crazy."

Ever since I got into classic cinema, there's always one particular film that's been calling my name for some time, and that's The Philadelphia Story, a romantic comedy directed by George Cukor and starring some of the finest classic Hollywood stars in the history of film, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, and Jimmy Stewart. It's also regarded by many classic movie buffs as one of…

• Stephen Brown

★★★★ Rewatched by Stephen Brown 24 Aug, 2014

I'm not reviewing (or rating) this viewing because it was on in the background and didn't have my full attention. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the rating from a subsequent review of a film so the four stars are from my previous viewing.

• Modern Lights

★★★★½ Watched by Modern Lights 22 Aug, 2014

One of the funniest movies of all time and probably my favourite ensemble.

• Evan Cogswell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Evan Cogswell 14 Aug, 2014

I had forgotten how delightful and funny this film is. Hepburn, Grant, and Stewart all play their roles perfectly. The performance Hepburn and Virginia Weidler put on for Stewart and Ruth Hussey is pure brilliance.