• Cowabunga_Dudes

Watched by Cowabunga_Dudes 14 Feb, 2015

One of the drunkest movies of all time.

• SleepyDino

★★★½ Watched by SleepyDino 22 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

「費城故事」
    7.4
    前半場機鋒精彩,後面收尾就弱了。
    另外不服 James Stewart 拿 Oscar 男主,
    這部片橫看豎看 都是女主的戲吧?

• Mike P

★★★★½ Watched by Mike P 13 Feb, 2015

Attack of the jagged syllables.

• Shawn Dryden

★★★½ Watched by Shawn Dryden 09 Feb, 2015 2

It can be hard to review old films sometimes because you are so disconnected from the past when they were made. Especially if the genre isn't one of your favorites. There are definetly moments in the first third that I found myself losing interest and I wondered if it was because the film was slow or if I was just a victim of that disconnect. It might be a bit of both because the movie picks up soon afterword.

Even…

• ryknight

Rewatched by ryknight 13 Feb, 2015

That moment of recognition in the doorway, when CKCG is giving her lines to say, as if from the wings of a stage, and she stops to lock eyes with him before continuing--that's the rub.

• Bianca

★★★★ Watched by Bianca 14 Feb, 2015

Highlights of the movie:
    Katharine Hepburn's cheekbones
    Jimmy Stewart acting drunk
    the smart sister of Tracy, Dinah
    Cary Grant being dapper as usual
    Hepburn's overall performance

• Alex Fuller

★★★★ Watched by Alex Fuller 13 Feb, 2015

A delight, and some of the best drunk acting ever.

• James McAllister

★★★★★ Watched by James McAllister 09 Feb, 2015

An absolute classic that makes timely, and satirically sharp observations on the world of high society & exploitative journalism. The performances are note-perfect, as is the script, and as the whole farce grows greater, so does the wide grin that's pasted across your face.

• MoviePhanatic

★★★★ Watched by MoviePhanatic 07 Feb, 2015

It lost me somewhere around the hour mark, becoming slower and slower in pacing, but this still was quite an enjoyable movie. The performances are absouletly terrific, each working their hardest and it all pays off. Brilliant screenwriting with lots of funny dialogue lets the characters have funny chemistry between one another and it makes for such an entertaining movie. I have nothing else to say really about this one.

• deadmanramsey

stewart gives best performance
    fumbles at the end

• MissMacGuffin

★★★★★ Added by MissMacGuffin

Clásico indiscutible. No hay mucho más que añadir, más que Hepburn, Grant y Stewart están maravillosos. Y los diálogos son geniales.