• t-hom

★★★ Watched by t-hom 26 Nov, 2015

While the film hasn't aged as well as others with the titular stars, Hepburn still gives a career-high performance, playing off the bumbling and comedic Stewart (in an oscar-winning turn) very well. The story is a bit overlong, and very much of its time, but the witty dialogue and sarcastic humor is still much fun to watch.

• Bob Blaschuk

★★ Watched by Bob Blaschuk 10 Nov, 2015

I know I'm in the minority, but I did not find this film fun, interesting or charming. I know it's the only movie with the big three (Grant, Stewart, and Hepburn) together at one time, but good performances didn't seem to help for me.

• stereochromatic

★★★★★ Added by stereochromatic

This is the movie that made me fall in love with Jimmy Stewart when I was young. And I think about the word "yar" all the time.

• Ian Campbell

★★★½ Watched by Ian Campbell 08 Nov, 2015

All three and a half stars go to the performances and the dialogue. The premise and story are actually kind of repellant.

• Tom Smegal

★★★★ Watched by Tom Smegal 10 Nov, 2015

Obviously a well written snappy movie.

• matthew

★★★★★ Watched by matthew 07 Nov, 2015

Not 5 stars... maybe 10 stars out of 5? Maybe 100 stars out of 5? Maybe all the stars in the sky to be given to this movie. This is cinematic perfection with absolutely all cylinders firing at top speed, with dialogue, beautifully crafted elegant memorable dialogue flying forth from the mouths of great actors in their prime. Humanistic, maybe even just a little bit feminist (despite not passing the Bechdel Test), and funny, so very funny. I think I…

• Paul Bulger

★★★½ Watched by Paul Bulger 07 Nov, 2015

It's no His Girl Friday, but The Phildelphia Story is still a semi-frequently funny comedy about love and romance in high society.

I guess my main problem is that I felt like this movie dragged on despite its relatively simple and straightforward plot, and the nonchalant misogyny is a little difficult to swallow. I get that's all a part of how women were treated historically, but I find that to be a deplorable excuse when films around the same time…

• Finn Oberle

★★★½ Watched by Finn Oberle 06 Nov, 2015

Someone sure knows how to weave together a love geometric figure.

• Galen

★★★½ Rewatched by Galen 02 Nov, 2015

Lots of delightful performances here, and the film is fun and beautiful, but some of the sexism dates it. It's hard to take the lesson Tracy's father gives her about how her being an ice queen resulted in his infidelity is particularly hard to swallow.

• chatters

★★★★★ Watched by chatters 01 Nov, 2015

Got to see this at the cinema...laughed and wept my way through this marvellous film. Superb.

• danefonda

★★★½ Rewatched by danefonda 27 Oct, 2015

I hadn't realized how terrifying misogynistic this movie was before...but also everyone is amazing in it umm

• RetroReef

★★★★★ Watched by RetroReef 29 Oct, 2015

Romantic comedy would have fared much better if instead of just running with The Philadelphia Story's simply love-triangle idea, they spent more time exploring Tracy's belief that "The time to make up your mind about people - is never."