• MissMacGuffin

★★★★★ Added by MissMacGuffin

Clásico indiscutible. No hay mucho más que añadir, más que Hepburn, Grant y Stewart están maravillosos. Y los diálogos son geniales.

• Jessica Bowman

★★★★ Watched by Jessica Bowman 30 Nov, 2013

A few days ago, I watched my next American Film Institute movie on the Top 100 list: #44 - The Philadelphia Story starring Carey Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn. With a billing like that, I was anticipating a fun movie (even with Ms Hepburn who I'm not a huge fan of). What I got was pretty much what I expected.

Socialite Tracy Lord (Hepburn) had recently divorced C.K. Dexter Haven (Grant), and is now getting ready to remarry a…

• Adriii

★★★★ Rewatched by Adriii 25 Jan, 2015

Me encanta el carácter de ella, la naturalidad de James y el sarcasmo de Cary. La presentación de personajes es modélica. Este trío nunca pierde la frescura.

• androb78

★★★★ Watched by androb78 22 Jan, 2015

Hepburn, Grant y Stewart. ¿Hace falta decir algo más?

• Mr. DuLac

★★★★★ Watched by Mr. DuLac 18 Jan, 2015 4

I thought all writers drank to excess and beat their wives. You know one time I secretly wanted to be a writer.
    -C. K. Dexter Haven

It's not he funniest film I've ever seen, but it just might be the one with the most charm. How anyone could watch this film without having a big goofy grin on your face I will never know.

Donald Ogden Stewart adapts the stage play of the same name, saying it was the easiest…

• Arf Ortiyef

★★★ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 19 Jan, 2015

where can i get a subscription to Spy magazine?

the directing is so very poor but the writing is good. Stewart is such a young pup you can see the green behind his ears! Grant and Hepburn rock this though. also the photographer and the kid were great.

plot point: Macauley Culkin blew it so hard by falling for Traci Lords. he had such an amazing thing going with the cute and funny Liz. she was a delight! gmab Macauley you are barking up the wrong damn tree. Liz, you're better than that guy. go out with me. just give me a chance.

• William Kretschmer

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Kretschmer 03 Jul, 2009

When a rich woman's ex-husband and a tabloid-type reporter turn up just before her planned remarriage, she begins to learn the truth about herself
    It can hardly get any better than this: this is maybe Hollywood's greatest sophisticated comedy with three stars in best form: Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart. This is also one of my all-time favourites, and I've seen it several dozen times, Hepburn is most beautiful in this.

• Adam Tomich

★★★½ Watched by Adam Tomich 28 Dec, 2014

This film is a classic- how could a movie that combines three of the greatest stars to ever grace the silver screen not be? Yet, for all of the hullabaloo, The Philadelphia Story starts slowly and eases into its storyline. The Philadelphia Story takes its time setting up a dynamic that is complex in that it is rather unrealistic- there is a need to explain how on Earth a romantic comedy about a woman betrothed could have two suitors other…

• bmart17

★★★★½ Watched by bmart17 17 Dec, 2014

The story, though compelling, isn't the strong suit of this film. No, it's actually the trio of actors on the poster. Cary Grant, James Stewart and Katherine Hepburn? This strong, wonderful cast bring the film to life with personality and talent. I had mixed feelings on the ending though - it's abrupt and funny, but kind of trite and predictable. Despite this, I really enjoyed the film and would highly recommend it.

• Christopher Fujino

★★★★ Watched by Christopher Fujino 17 Dec, 2014

This film had quite a task before itself, as Hepburn and Grant are probably the two screen "legends" whose personas I find the most annoying. As such, the first half hour of this was pretty intolerable. However, from the point where Grant verbally wounds Hepburn in a way more cruel than had he struck her, I realized something special was going on. The plot is a little overcomplicated, as is the dialogue, but the vitriol the characters spew at each other is still shocking today.

• Jake Mulligan

★★★★ Rewatched by Jake Mulligan 16 Dec, 2014

One star each for charm, wit, elegance and heat.

• Matt Greene

★★★★ Added by Matt Greene

Everything you want in a glib screwball comedy: goofy charm, zippy dialogue, fun performances, twisting relationships, and smart fluff.