• Ben Oliver

★★★ Rewatched by Ben Oliver 23 Apr, 2014

As they say, once you know how it’s done…

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" has just about everything I require in a movie about magicians, except ... the Prestige. We are instructed at the outset, in a briefing by Michael Caine, that every magic trick consists of three acts: (1) the Pledge, in which a seemingly real situation is set up, (2) the Turn, in which the initial reality is challenged, and (3) the Prestige, where all is set right again. An example, one not used in the film, would…

• Ian Osmond

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ian Osmond 22 Apr, 2014

A pretty cool movie with some pretty cool twists and turns.

• Karen Ceja

★★★½ Added by Karen Ceja

No había terminado de verla en algún avión, pero por fin lo hice.
    No es mala película, pero creo que todo lo bueno que tiene (mucha intriga y algo de tensión por la obsesión de los personajes) se ve reducido con la trama tan extensa que podía concretarse de una forma más sencilla, se siente cansada al final.

También es un poco predecible, pero, como digo, no está mal para un domingo palomero.

• Ryan Horner

★★★★½ Added by Ryan Horner

Christopher Nolan's Films Ranked from Worst to Best

The Prestige is a magic trick in of itself. It carries Nolan’s typical fragmented structure but is not overly motivated by plot, like many of his other films. Instead, we are taken through an emotional arc between the duality of two unreliable narrators. He crafts a world that feels lived in, canvassed by all the intricacies of human nature. The Prestige blends all of Nolan’s greatest aspects. But most important: It’s alive.…

• Walter Farley

★★ Added by Walter Farley

Not bad, not great. I had a hard time keeping track of which character was which. They looked and sounded the same. For that reason, I had to pay closer attention than I normally would with a movie to get the payoff...not worth it.

• Chevalier

★★★ Added by Chevalier

Well acted and directed, but a vital key point depends on a HUGE coincidence to work, and is something that just comes out of nowhere.

• Austin Campbell

★★★★ Added by Austin Campbell

I think The Prestige represents the best of Chris Nolan as a writer. This is surely his most impressive screenplay to date. His pacing is just right, the nonlinear narrative is as clever as its ever been, and the protagonists are two of the best characters in his entire catalog. The dangerous game Angier and Borden play is covered in jealousy, obsession, and deceit. The plot is filled with an immense amount of intrigue that keeps you guessing till that last frame. The Prestige is prime Chris Nolan storytelling; it’s impressive to see that he’s got two other films that trump this.

• kaptennn

★★★★ Rewatched by kaptennn 13 Mar, 2014

3 aktor keren. Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, dan Michael Caine. Di film ini tidak ada yang tidak saya suka. Awalnya saya pikir mirip-mirip dengan The Illusionist (dari review orang-orang lain jga bilang kirain sama), tapi beda ya ternyata.

Filmnya benar, saya suka ditipu, saya ingin ditipu. Makanya, saat berbagai plot twist film ini ditawarkan ke saya, saya jadi kegirangan. Setting zaman favorit saya, saat sebuah film menawarkan setting yang tidak melulu membuat takjub dengan teknologi-teknologi mutakhir tapi melalui keindahan klasik . (Yeah, begitulah bahasa lebay saya)

"You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 16 Apr, 2014

I Like 2006's The Prestige, I Like It Because Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci Were 12 Years Old In 2006.

• Scott Kelley

★★★★ Added by Scott Kelley

Interesting, dense, well constructed puzzle of a movie.

• Fernando Iriarte