• HP_Lovecat

★★★★ Added by HP_Lovecat

Obviously Nolan would want a film that heavily explain the secrets behind tricks.

I do have a soft spot for this movie, however. It was one of the films to kickstart my spiral into movie fanaticism.

I guess that's why a lot of people dig Nolan. He's part of the starter kit; his films get you excited about movies.

• tskimmett

★★★★★ Added by tskimmett

• Brian Hann

★★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This Christopher Nolan movie is another to play with the mind. Superbly acted by Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine and Christian Bale. The story is about two rival magic acts and their mission to come up with the greatest trick ever.

• supermosche

★★★★★ Added by supermosche

This was originally only supposed to be a 4.5 star review but I have a rule where I award an extra star to any movie that David Bowie appears in so it's actually a 5.5/5 now.

• Molly

★★★★★ Watched by Molly 22 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Eu nunca diria que haviam dois do Borden.
    O truque do Angier era óbvio, tanto que pensei que o Borden já praticava o mesmo truque mas não matava os duplos, uma vez que a conversa dele com a Olivia deixou claro que havia outro homem igual a ele por aí.
    Fascinante!
    Are you watching closely?

• ZawMine

★★★★½ Added by ZawMine

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"Are you watching closely?" That is the key point of this movie. Love the plot, casts, and production design. One of my all time favourite films.

• miss_MaryL

★★★★★ Watched by miss_MaryL 20 Feb, 2015

Μαγεία! Majesty!

• hiago peixoto

★★★★ Added by hiago peixoto

O que esperar de um filme do Christopher Nolan, não é mesmo?

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 17 Feb, 2015

Bom e interessante

• Carlos Laron

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Laron 16 Feb, 2015

Movie night with Mahdi! He just thought this would be good to watch since we both haven't seen it + it's Christopher Nolan! The movie started slow and was a little rough but halfway until the very end my jaw just kind of dropped. Very subtle up until the reveal. Did I mention my jaw dropped? I don't think I have. It was so good!

• otterdisaster

★★★★ Watched by otterdisaster 14 Feb, 2015

this movie fucks with me!

• SurajMenon

★★★★★ Added by SurajMenon

The Nolan Brothers give attention to every detail, put in an intelligent script full of ingenious twists and turns and yet manages to emerge with a masterpiece that is oozing with emotions like jealousy, ego, passion, love, sacrifice and hardwork.

An adaptation of a Christopher Priest novel, The Prestige is a turn of the century film about how the relationship of 2 amateur magicians go wild and evolves into an all out war to impose one's superiority over the other's.…