• Mohit

★½ Added by Mohit

Yo tengo un problema con el señor Nolan. Sus películas siempre se me hacen pesadas de cojones. Siempre he escuchado que sobreexplica, trata al público como si fuese tonto y sus tramas tienen agujeros por todas partes. Y esta película tiene todo eso.

Con un plantel de actores de tamaña talla, uno pensaría que sería una gran película, con actuaciones soberbias. Poh no. Tanto Bale como Jackman parecen estar fuera de sí. Especialmente el primero parece estar actuando de manera…

• Rita Beja

★★★★★ Watched by Rita Beja 10 Feb, 2016

one of the most intelligent films I've ever seen

• Rita Beja

★★★★★ Added by Rita Beja

one of the most intelligent films I've ever seen

• Daisy

★★★½ Watched by Daisy 08 Feb, 2016

I was hooked but not going to lie I had to wiki the plot a few times so I could get what was going on.

• SansomJam

★★★★★ Rewatched by SansomJam 09 Feb, 2016

With each watch the sheer ballsy technique on display is phenomenal. It might not be Nolan's most entertaining film, but it is certainly his most human. Characters morph and our alliances continuously shift. The director is at his most Kubrick, and Jackman has yet to better his work here.

• TY Chang

★★★★ Rewatched by TY Chang 07 Feb, 2016

In remembrance of late David Bowie, Tesla! Despite that I don't really know who Bowie is before his song in Inglourious Basterds(and I'm sorry for being ignorant and apology accepted by myself).

Not as tense as I remember the film to be. I'm not sure if I have ever watched through the film as a whole, but anyway this is good, very Nolan, though not a fan myself.

• JMSavoyBoy

★★★★★ Rewatched by JMSavoyBoy 03 Feb, 2016

Out of Christopher Nolan's repertoire, 'The Prestige is a film that is criminally under appreciated! Centered on the rivalry between two magicians played by Jackman and Bale, the film explores themes like desperation, competition, and sacrificing your life for your career.

Bale and Jackman both do amazing jobs here playing The Professor and The Great Danton respectively, but Michael Caine and David Bowie are the true stars of this film! For me, anyways. They add that extra element that helps…

• teatx

★★★★★ Added by teatx

Also, Mind=Blown

• jto111

★★★½ Added by jto111

An entertaining thriller from director Christopher Nolan.

• Louisa

★★★★ Watched by Louisa 03 Feb, 2016

Before I begin: I had this film spoiled for me several years ago during a high school English class, so I knew the twists before I watched the film. Therefore, my view of the film will probably be somewhat influenced by not being surprised by the twists.

A film about the rivalry between two magicians, The Prestige has a lot to offer, but also a fair shake of ridiculousness, and a shave of disappointment.

First things first - I love…

• Matt Lavender

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Lavender 03 Feb, 2016

Watched this again pretending The Vaudevillains from NXT were the stars and William Regal had Michael Caine's role.

• dm55

★★★½ Rewatched by dm55 01 Feb, 2016 2

I'm never certain which Nolan film to call my favourite. I've never completely warmed to the guy, but he's doing stuff in mainstream cinema that no one else is really able to do. In the case of The Prestige, it's a remarkable achievement to be able to pull off the final act trick, and to do so while allowing for enjoyable repeat viewings is pretty special indeed.

I do have a problem with not really having a stake in the…