• thejamin

★★★★★ Added by thejamin

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Well, I had full intent on reviewing Star Wars (Episode IV) tonight, but I ended up watching The Prestige for the third or fourth time instead. Why not go ahead and review it?

One thing that I always loved about what Christopher Nolan did with The Prestige was that he basically crafts the film as if the whole film was his own magic trick that he played on all of us. The pledge, the turn, and the prestige.

Another brilliant…

• justinC

★★★★★ Watched by justinC 28 Nov, 2015 11

Set in 1800's London, two men once partners, Robert Angier (Hugh Jackman) and Alfred Borden (Christian Bale) are now fierce rivals in the world of magic. Always looking for an edge to one-up the other by any means necessary.

Intelligent, thought out, perfectly crafted in every way. Never one time does the films direction get off course, even though it could have several times.

The Prestige is actually telling two stories, one being the plot of rivalries Magic, the other…

• Kalid

★★★★★ Watched by Kalid 23 Nov, 2015

Me sentí como en un acto de magia. Incluso te lo dice el personaje de Michael Caine al principio...y es exactamente como lo viví al estar viendo la pelicula, simplemente genial.

• rmckenna19

★★★★★ Added by rmckenna19

Christopher Nolan is an absolute master. This is a phenomenal very small and personal film. It is brilliantly captured, acted, directed, written, and so on. There really aren’t enough great things to say about this movie. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman have an unbelievable back and forth in one of their best movies for each of them. Every ancillary actor or actress is also 100% on point throughout the film. The especially brilliant thing about this movie is that, despite…

• Alex Johan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Johan 24 Nov, 2015

"Man's reach exceeds his imagination!"

Nolan is a fantastic human being.

How can a director be that good? I really don't understand it.
    The Prestige is a nearly flawless film who sadly stands in the shadows of Nolans other movies like "The Dark Knight" "Inception" and "Interstellar".
    And thats a damn shame because The Prestige isn't just as good as those films but it can probably exceed them too.
    The Prestige is already beloved, but this masterpiece can never get to much praise!

• Arturo Carmona

★★★★★ Added by Arturo Carmona

Esta cool la vaina

pd: eldie

• Jason Coyle

★½ Watched by Jason Coyle 23 Nov, 2015 2

What absolute tosh. Some wobbly acting and a seriously dull script make this oneof Nolan's worst films. The first hour is dull the second one mildly diverting until the preposterously extended and ridiculous climax.

• Spencer Serra

★★★★ Rewatched by Spencer Serra 18 Nov, 2015

"Are you watching closely?"

The genius of this movie is in how it mirrors a magic trick. Everything you need to know is hidden right in plain sight, and it all seems so simple once you know the secret.

• jaackiesorro

Added by jaackiesorro

I thought that this movie was very well done but it was confusing at times. I got lost during the movie but pieced it all together at the end

• Sc8lo

★★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 01 Nov, 2015

A solid story and well paced. I'm not sure if we were supposed to know some of the revelations before they happened because they seemed very predictable. Despite this it still holds up to multiple viewings.

• Noah LePage

★★★ Watched by Noah LePage 15 Nov, 2015

I feel the same way toward this as I do toward real magic, which is at least in part the desired effect. Speaking of desire, no want to slip through this trapdoor again.

• Luke Nelson