• Ethan Copeland

★★★★½ Watched by Ethan Copeland 29 Aug, 2014

It's the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey!

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

A masterpiece full of suspence, intense scenes, a thrilling ending and non stop magic tricks (that are awesome) wonderful performances from Christian Bale, Hugh Jackmann, Scarlet johansson and Michael Caine also the movie keeps you engaged and entertained until the credits.

• Jenny Faller

★★★★ Watched by Jenny Faller 28 Aug, 2014

first movie we finished in my first college film class Nice we talked a lot about the cinematography and symbolism

it also blew my mind

and it made me angry so i kinda didnt like it bc i dont really like christian bale bc i think hes a jerk irl and he was a jerk in this and i love hugh jackman but this was basically 2 hours of christian bale being an asshole to hugh jackman lol

but it had a crazy ending and some dope ass cinematography

• D.C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by D.C. 25 Aug, 2014 9

The Directors Series-Part III: The Christopher Nolan Retrospective
    "Are you watching closely?"

Christopher Nolan's 2006 magician film, The Prestige opens up with something that is slightly akin to his 2000 film, Memento, in which we are to assume that we are already getting opening moment spoilers seeing Robert Angier's (Hugh Jackman) death, similar to Leonard Shelby killing Teddy in the beginning of their film, leaving us with the asumptions that Teddy was "John G". That is not the case here.…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 19 Feb, 2008

On a visual level, The Prestige is possibly Christopher Nolan's more breathtaking achievement and considering he's such a visually gifted director, that's quite impressive. The plot was engaging and the acting was strong. Both Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman were at their finest. The only thing I disliked about it was the ending. The plot twist was tricky, unconvincing, and in the end underwhelming. Nevertheless, the film as a whole was remarkable and the way it ended could not ruin that.

• Iván Trejo

★★★★ Rewatched by Iván Trejo 23 Aug, 2014

"Are you watching closely?"

• loverio

★★★ Watched by loverio 23 Aug, 2014

SF!?

• Dexter Reid

★★★★½ Watched by Dexter Reid 22 Aug, 2014 2

Gonna need to watch that one again.

• Lyka

★★★★½ Added by Lyka

Mindblowing.

• Trey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Trey 20 Aug, 2014

Truth be told: I've had a couple Crown n' cokes and about five beers. But do I give shit? No. Fuck you if you don't love this movie. An under appreciated film in every way. The Prestige is brilliant. Not only brilliant, but a magical masterpiece in every way.

• Applebaumk

★★★★½ Added by Applebaumk

Nice twists and turns make this fantastic period piece stand out.

• Joshua Liles

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joshua Liles 19 Aug, 2014

I watched this quite a while ago and in that period of time completely forgot about the ending/reveal of the film. Absolutely blown away at how good it was, fantastic stuff, wow.