• Anthony Le

★★★½ Watched by Anthony Le 28 Jul, 2015

Part of A Film A Day Keeps The Doctor Away V. II
    Part of Recommendations
    This one was recommended to me by The Movie King!

"You're familiar with the phrase 'man's reach exceeds his grasp?' It's a lie: man's grasp exceeds his nerve."

The Prestige, by far one of Christopher Nolan's more unrecognized works, is one of his most refined works. Like always, Nolan crafts his film with top notch acting - starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson and…

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 26 Jul, 2015

I did not expect this to hold up as well as it did. Still love it. It's top 2 or 3 Nolan, maybe even my favourite of his. The performances are top notch, the story is thrilling, mysterious and twisty and the pacing is right on target. It's also amazing how well it works on rewatches, when you know how it all turns out. It hits the spot emotionally and there is enough cool ideas and tricks to keep your brain working.

• Nicole

★★★★★ Watched by Nicole 26 Jul, 2015

I've been wandering around trying to understand everything that has happened in the film, I just can't. I've got to watch it again. Luckily it is a great film.

• Raoul Dude

★★★★★ Watched by Raoul Dude 18 Jun, 2015

Nolan at its Best: packender Thriller über Zauberer, wobei der Film selbst ein genialer in sich verschachtelter Zaubertrick ist

• Dai Tran

★★★ Watched by Dai Tran 26 Jul, 2015

Is it the weakest Nolan's movie?

• ghostdinosaur

★★★ Watched by ghostdinosaur 25 Jul, 2015 6

I guess this is my favorite Christopher Nolan movie. It has the least pretense of subtext, creating an obvious meta-commentary on movie directing/showmanship, and forefronts his opinion that the relationship between movie maker and movie watcher is primarily one of intellectual competition. He is working hard to trick you and you are working hard to keep from being tricked. I'll take it.

His attempts to integrate political commentary (The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises) or genuine humanity (Interstellar) into…

• filmnutreviewer

★★★★ Added by filmnutreviewer

Another Nolan classic

• Rashid

Added by Rashid

Would have liked it better if Bowie's Tesla was the main character. No joke.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★★½ Rewatched by Viktor Prentovski 22 Jul, 2015

The Prestige is a really interesting movie made by one of the most creative directors working in Hollywood, Christopher Nolan. All the twists and turns are great, the writing is excellent and the acting is fantastic. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine, Scarlett are all great. Even Bowie is very good.

You really need to be watching closely to uncover every of this movies' secrets. Otherwise, you would have to watch this a second time, which is not a bad thing at all.

• Raymond Kim

★★★★½ Added by Raymond Kim

So close to perfect had it not been for the bullshit sci-fi that came from fucking nowhere

• Gnske

★★★½ Watched by Gnske 23 Jul, 2015

An average Nolan film, keeps you interested throughout and does it effectively.

No one performance really stands out, neither does anything in the technical aspects. I dare say its "fine".

• Jake Rose

★★★★½ Watched by Jake Rose 21 Jul, 2015

Man I wasted my potential as a twin...