• trostlerp

★★★★ Rewatched by trostlerp 31 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Josh Barton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Barton 30 Oct, 2014

"Are you watching closely?"

These four words open the film and are repeated throughout, almost acting as words of advice from director Christopher Nolan.

After all, The Prestige is just like one big magic trick; so intricately pieced together and executed with such showmanship you will want to pay maximum attention in order to see how this particular trick was pulled off.

Look too hard though and you may miss something vital. Nolan is an expert of storytelling and in…

• Ariel Sommer

★★★★★ Added by Ariel Sommer

I love this film. I've seen it twice so far and I find it so engaging. It does a great job of convincing you of one idea and then turning it all on its head in the last five minutes.

• InSession Film

★★★★★ Rewatched by InSession Film 28 Oct, 2014

Christopher Nolan is definitely one of my favorite filmmakers out there today and The Prestige is quintessential in why I feel that way. It's smart, sharply directed and incredibly performed. The film explores obsession and the cost of it when it becomes consuming in a way that's incredibly compelling from beginning to end.

The film is incredibly fluid and the dance between Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman is like poetry in motion. It's intriguing, engaging and I couldn't recommend this film more.

• Kev.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kev. 29 Oct, 2014

Nolan's first masterpiece.

• Licpa

★★★★ Watched by Licpa 28 Oct, 2014

Very nice film. The acting and screenwriting are perfect. The story is perfect and it keeps you asking what's happened... and when you think that you know what's going on, no it's not. You probably won't guess what's happening before it was revealed. But the tricks in this film are not so much interesting (it's interesting but no so much), maybe i was expected better tricks. Hovewer this is very nice film.

• _MasterSlayer_

★★★★ Rewatched by _MasterSlayer_ 27 Oct, 2014

Having seen this movie before, I knew what the twist was going in. That being said, on my first viewing of The Prestige I immediately knew that I needed to re-watch it, because I didn't understand it fully. Now having seen the movie for a second time, I definitely like it more, and appreciate it as one of Nolan's very best. Even without the great twist ending, this movie would still be a genius piece of filmmaking. Nolan crafts such…

View

• corey big dick nigger drum

★★★★½ Rewatched by corey big dick nigger drum 24 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Fister_Roboto

★★★★★ Added by Fister_Roboto

BRAVO NOLAN

• JoelOhsteen

★★★★ Added by JoelOhsteen

i dont understand why wolverine didnt just use his claws to kill the magic guy but whatever good movie 7/10

• Dan Ketchum

★★★ Rewatched by Dan Ketchum 24 Oct, 2014

The film takes too long to get to the reveal, and has serious problems when it gets there. Ironically, the third act (the prestige) is Nolan's most consistent problem.

Plus, how many dead wives and girlfriends does he need to put in his movies to motivate his tortured males?

• misha winchester

★★★★½ Added by misha winchester

chris nolan needs to stop making rad movies