• Massafaka

★★★½ Watched by Massafaka 10 Feb, 2008

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• linkmang

★★★★ Added by linkmang

Looks like Wolverine was..

UNDER PRESSURE!

Holy Conan Doyle Batman

• Jonathan_Rung

★★★★ Added by Jonathan_Rung

It was an ambitious script, and they pulled it off. I really enjoyed it. At times, it was a little hard at times for me to follow. There were a lot of quick cuts that shifted in time, but the shifts in timelines wasn't always apparent. Sometimes this was done intentionally, and to great effect, but other times I had to stop and think (in a bad way) just to get my bearings. The fact that I often had a…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★½ Added by Derek Diercksmeier

This is Christopher Nolan's best film.

• FranticMonkey

★★★★★ Rewatched by FranticMonkey 19 Jul, 2014

It's been quite some time since I last watched The Prestige. It's just as magnificent as it was the first time I saw it.

What struck me this time though was how sad the film was. Every character suffers a heartbreaking loss.

A stunning and beautiful film. I might even say it's Nolan's best.

• Sam Redfern

★★ Watched by Sam Redfern 18 Jul, 2014

Are you watching closely?
    - Alfred Borden

Unfortunately, yes I was. It seems as though the closer I watched The Prestige, the more it started to fall apart before my very eyes and lose itself in a script which tried with all its shallow heart to seem 'complex' in some way.

Now I may as well get what I liked out of the way first since I really have a lot of things I disliked about it which I'd rather…

• Jens

★★★½ Watched by Jens 18 Jul, 2014

Nice mindbender, well filmed and expensive looking, albeit you can see the one of the major twists coming on for at least an hour or so.
    I don't know what movie made Michael Caine an A-lister. I've seen him in a lot of stinkers and frankly I still need to see the one that convinces me that he deserves the laurels he won. Versatility is not on his agenda, is it?
    And then there's David Bowie. His acting is alright, but like Madonna you always know you're looking at THE David Bowie and it takes right out of the movie back into your seat.

• Ryan

Rewatched by Ryan 14 Jul, 2014 34

Upon seeing the unimpressive trailer for Interstellar again play before Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (which is anything but unimpressive), I thought I should do something special to help usher in Christopher Nolan's next film.

So, after some insightful research, I compiled a list of what defines Nolan's film-making style, separated into two categories - writing and directing (being that he is both writer and director for his films). Each element was carefully chosen, based on its prominent…

• Deven Seymour

★★★½ Added by Deven Seymour

I liked this film fine, but I saw the twist coming from a mile away. And this is coming from someone who doesn't see twists, normally.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Ooi 09 Jul, 2014

So I just watched this movie for the second time, and even on the second viewing with knowledge of the ending, it was entertaining.

Christopher Nolan does this beautiful thing (with Memento and Inception as well), where he gives you all the pieces of the puzzle, before putting it all together in one phenomenal ending. His movies are an absolute mindfuck in the end.

What I really loved the most about this movie, however, was the philosophical undertones. The Prestige…

• Paul Kapsalis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Paul Kapsalis 08 Jul, 2014

"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything."

Πανέξυπνο,σκοτεινό,μυστηριώδες,το ανεπανάληπτο αριστούργημα του Nolan και η πιο υποτιμημένη ταινία του επίσης.Δεν θα βρεις ούτε ένα ψεγάδι,από τις άψογες ερμηνείες έως και την καθηλωτική σκηνοθεσία.Η ταινία θα σε αιχμαλωτίσει την πρώτη φορά,μα ακόμα περισσότερο όταν ποια ξέρεις το twist στην δεύτερη.Και αυτό κάνει ένα φιλμ τέτοιου τύπου αριστούργημα!

• Morgan_Lightle

★★★★ Added by Morgan_Lightle

Film making, depending on you interpret it, is like creating illusions. In that you have to trick the audience into accepting and becoming engrossed in your work of art. Christopher Nolan has proven himself a successful illusionist, pulling us into his works with everything up his sleeves. In The Prestige Nolan does just that, but not as successfully as his other films.
    Set in the late 19th century, the film tells of the rivalry between two magicians as they attempt…