• Andrew McMahon

★★★★½ Added by Andrew McMahon

I have to admit that I have only seen The Prestige once, but I remember feeling spellbound from start to finish. The ending blew my mind.

• M

★★★★ Rewatched by M 03 Jul, 2015

"Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled."

Leaves me breathless every time.

• JerrysGold

★★½ Watched by JerrysGold 15 Oct, 2014

The Prestige is an ambitious yet confuddled mess of a film from Christopher Nolan. And even while I didn't like The Prestige as I did his other movies. While its not terrible in any way, it just didn't grab me like say Memento did. The Prestige seed Batman square off against Wolverine in a magic duel to the death. While a cool premise it doesn't pay off. I was constantly expecting Superman to swoop in and do battle with Cyclops. Oh well.

• Fane Webber

★★★ Watched by Fane Webber 30 Jun, 2015

Interessante história de dois mágicos rivais que se perdem em meio ao ódio.

Engraçado que não tomei conhecimento do filme na época que foi lançado e o vi pela primeira vez agora, sem nem saber o que esperar.

O filme tem uma construção muito bacana, mas no final dá umas patinadas. Acho que fiquei um pouco com pé atrás pelo uso de Tesla do modo como foi, mas de qualquer forma é interessante o cientista ser utilizado no cinema.

Um filme bacana.

• Rosp

★★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 7,5

• James Locke

★★★★½ Watched by James Locke 30 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Film #15 of Scavenger Hunt #3 Challenge
    Task #19: [spoilers!] A film featuring Twins or conjoined twins!

People say that Inception is Christopher Nolan's movie about making a movie, but I actually thought this had a lot of those same ideas. There is a lot that the movie says about art, entertainment, audiences, and making someone believe something. Those are all pertinent to the process of making a movie for the audience. Further, it is like the movie is an…

• SirMichael

★★★★★ Rewatched by SirMichael 30 Jun, 2015

Masterpiece!

• munozkessler

★★★★★ Added by munozkessler

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Nolan does what he does best with this movie. He manages to mindfuck you throughout a whole movie leaving you in awe and on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what the hell is happening. Now if you are a damn movie savant you will notices since the beginning there are a lot of foreshadows and symbols as to what is going on. As with all its movies, Nolan greatly wraps up the plot leaving nothing behind…

• Simon Magus

★★★½ Added by Simon Magus

This was lit and composed/framed so much more artfully than the rest of Nolan's films. Very odd.

• codypolston

★★★★★ Added by codypolston

Christopher Nolan did a amazing job at making me feel for both characters. I felt both characters emotions and thoughts and that's very difficult to do. The story it's self is completely original and incredible. "The Prestige" has so many twists that I didn't expect which I love as a movie viewer. Both performances from Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were unbelievable. This movie is far underrated and should be seen by any movie viewer, critic, or magician anywhere the world.

• nicklasjm

★★★★½ Watched by nicklasjm 22 Jun, 2015

No one can mindfuck you like Christopher Nolan.

• Megan Baker

★★★★ Rewatched by Megan Baker 19 Jun, 2015

The Prestige is a very different movie on the second viewing. Once you know how the trick is done, it becomes so obvious as you watch it. I wouldn't say it ruins the film because I still found it quite enjoyable but the foreshadowing is so heavy. I actually like being able to see the seems. It gives a great appreciation for the effort into making the movie an allegory for an illusion.

Second viewing also allows more time to…