• Jordan Benesh

★★★ Watched by Jordan Benesh 29 Sep, 2014

An intriguing tale of obsession, rivalry, and deceit wrapped up in a heavily shrouded mystery, one that unravels like an old worn out rug in the film's final 15 minutes. It's a powerhouse of an ending, truly, but for me it actually makes me a bit more cold on the film as a whole, which is interesting dramatically but ultimately a bit of a slog through its first two hours.

That heavy running time is warranted by the story to…

• John Winters

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Winters 08 Apr, 2011

'The Prestige' is honestly one of my all-time favorite films. I remember being completely enthralled the first time I took it in, and I'm still enthralled and gripped every time I watch it now. On the surface, the film is about dueling magicians (excellently played by Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman) whose rivalry continues to grow and grow until it explodes.

But the far more impressive element of the film is that it literally follows the three steps of a…

• Alise Dravina

★★★★½ Watched by Alise Dravina 28 Sep, 2014

Wonderful performance by all cast members I have to say. A pleasure for the eyes, ears and mind.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

The Presitige directed by Christopher Nolan.

This Crazy film about stage-magicians, with crafty direction from Christopher Nolan, and hell of performance from Christian Bale, has lived its time of superior quality film, with marvelous subjugating plot of macabre sense.

• Richard Iliff

★★★½ Rewatched by Richard Iliff 21 Sep, 2014

Better than I remember. A lot of good scenes, but the inclusion of fantasy has never sat well with me.

• Andy F.

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andy F. 25 Sep, 2014

First time I had seen since I saw it in theaters- it plays just as excitingly this time. Looking forward to forgetting this all over again so I can be tricked by it once more.

• mdiamandis

★★★★ Watched by mdiamandis 15 Jul, 2010

solid

• Matt Fisher

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 21 Sep, 2014

Whenever someone groups this in with The Illusionist, I want to vomit.

• joanne myers

★★★★★ Added by joanne myers 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• davidhk

★★½ Rewatched by davidhk 20 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Rolf Lundberg

★★★★½ Watched by Rolf Lundberg 20 Sep, 2014

A truly brilliant film, that is also a complete mindfuck.

• Raúl Cornejo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Raúl Cornejo 19 Sep, 2014

Tesla, doble y rivalidad

Mi película favorita de Nolan y un trabajo absolutamente sobrenatural de Wally Pfister