• Joe Pelletier

★★★½ Rewatched by Joe Pelletier 25 Apr, 2015

While I don't think that The Prestige is necessarily a great film in the canon of film-making, it is undoubtedly a pretty great Christopher Nolan film. A friend offered this theory essentially explaining who he is as a director and I think it's one that holds water. Premise: Nolan's films can be categorized in the genre of the "sophisticated blockbuster." Explanation: the concepts of his films (dreams, interdimensional travel, magic, etc.) are always very uniquely, expertly and credibly executed, but

• macdude

★★★★★ Rewatched by macdude 25 Apr, 2015 3

All I can really say is that this movie certainly gets better literally every time I watch it. On TOP of that, it is the perfect movie to show friends (which I did, once again, this time around). To go see more of my thoughts, check out my first review of The Prestige here.

Sentence: For another funny little fact about this movie and the related book click here and read the 2nd to last paragraph in the "Critical Response" section... also, Rodger Ebert is an idiot.

• Tank4ever10

★★★★½ Watched by Tank4ever10 25 Apr, 2015

Holy shit

• Harrison Mitchell

★★★★★ Watched by Harrison Mitchell 25 Apr, 2015

"Are you watching closely?"

An incredible tale of obsession and sacrifice, elevated by a terrific cast and great direction by Nolan.

• jdue

★★★★ Rewatched by jdue 25 Apr, 2015

"No one cares about the man in the box."

• JohnAllegretti

Think you Know But You are Wrong
    The Transported Man

• Ben Lott

★★★★ Watched by Ben Lott 15 Apr, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The Prestige might be the ultimate test to see if a movie with a twist ending can live up to the hype when a viewer goes in (like me) already knowing the twist. It also might be the ultimate test to see if I can talk about a movie with a twist ending without giving away any spoilers. If you don't know, The Prestige is a film about 2 aspiring young magicians who develop a heated rivalry and work tirelessly…

• JohnAllegretti

Rewatched by JohnAllegretti 31 Oct, 2014

Owned - Blu-Ray

• Rory M

★★★★ Rewatched by Rory M 21 Apr, 2015

For a movie about an intense rivalry between illusionists the biggest trick that The Prestige attempts to pull on its audience doesn't involve white doves, glamorous assistants or even teleporting men, instead it's the film's efforts to convince you of its depth. This may be admirable but ultimately the façade is in vain because after the many twists and turns have passed it's painfully obvious just how shallow The Prestige is.

However strangely that's not necessarily a bad thing. While…

• Fajrianur Afnan

★★★★ Added by Fajrianur Afnan

Ambition is a many splintered-blinding trick.
    While I can't compare it visually with Memento -because this one is just, very pretty, I must say these two are on the same skycraping level of, well, tricks.

• shanderson88

★★★★½ Rewatched by shanderson88 18 Apr, 2015 8

The narrative is delivered in an unconventional manner, with the end of the trick revealed at the very beginning of the film. We witness the haunting final moments of a man's life and the aftermath as the supposedly guilty party is charged with the crime, but what could have possibly lead to such a horrific conclusion? How could a magician be capable of taking the life of another in such a cold and calculated way?

The old adage is that…