• Michael Herrington

★★★★ Watched by Michael Herrington 29 Mar, 2015

Another good one from Christopher Nolan. He's not the next Kubrick that IMDb makes him out to be, but he's still pretty awesome.

• Dan Scully

★★★★★ Added by Dan Scully

My favorite Nolan film, hands down. "David Bowie as Nikolai Tesla" is a statement worth a few stars in and of itself. I might even venture to say it's a career best for Christian Bale.
    THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO DO THE TRANSPORTED MAN IS WIFF A BLOODY DOUBLE!

• Paukzen

★★★ Watched by Paukzen 06 May, 2012

TV, con Ines

• Gaz Elliott

★★★½ Rewatched by Gaz Elliott 23 Mar, 2015

Couldn't recall if I had seen this...until it started! I had. But it's definitely worth a second look. Very enjoyable film about two stage magicians played by Christian Bale& Hugh Jackman who engage in typical one-upmanship in an attempt to create the ultimate stage illusion.
    Great supporting cast, too with Michael Caine, David Bowie, Rebecca Hall & Scarlett Johansson.

• Westie Magnuson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Westie Magnuson 20 Mar, 2015

After recently watching this film again, I have finally come to terms with my feelings towards it.

I love this film, and I believe I am right to do so.
    Here are a few highlights that really struck me this time around:

Christian Bale is great in a dual role, I have never given him enough credit for the subtlety in his performance of the two twin brothers. I think a lot of actors would have been tempted to play…

• Matt Horrocks

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Horrocks 23 Mar, 2015 1

This is one of those movies where you can never anticipate what is going to happen next. It covers two magicians who's inner greed forces them to do unthinkable things just to be known as the greatest there ever was. No one act or person is as important as being remembered. Nobody remembers the man who disappears, it's the man who reappears that everyone remembers. It is the one who survives to tell the tale that gets all the glory.…

• Josh Ignatowski

★★ Watched by Josh Ignatowski 21 Mar, 2015

I have mixed feelings on this movie. There were some great twists and turns, but I never really bought into the plot. For one thing, I was laughing at Christian Bale's accent for most of the movie. For another, I know Nolan had good intentions, but it almost feels like they were mocking Tesla. The main saving grace was Michael Cane. He never gives a bad performance. Overall, it kept my interest, and the ending was great, but I can't overlook the flaws

• Ani Biswas

★★★★ Watched by Ani Biswas 21 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A lot of this feels like Nolan just kind of spinning his wheels, trying his hardest to jam in as many "OMG MINDBLOWN" moments as possible. Yet there's no denying that this is more elegantly constructed and measured than something like Inception or Interstellar (which might be why I prefer both of those to this), and that there's some pretty compelling bits of subtext regarding the sacrifices of artistry and art's connection to technology.

It's still a shame that there's never a moment when Michael Caine says "I"VE BURIED TOO MANY WOLVERINES MASTER WAYNE."

• Joe Scaramanga

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joe Scaramanga 15 Mar, 2015

Probably my favourite Nolan film, and even more rewarding on a second viewing.

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cavin Hawkins 16 Mar, 2015

"Abracadabra"

Fantastic. This movie mesmerizes me every time I watch it. I love everything about it, and it remains my favorite movie of all time.

• BallingAintEazy

★★★★½ Rewatched by BallingAintEazy 15 Mar, 2015

Some of my favorite editing. The visual storytelling is on point.

• jonbonraki

★★★★★ Rewatched by jonbonraki 15 Mar, 2015

one of my earliest awestruck movie. re watching again after learning from a video in YouTube, that whole movie is depicted from bourdon s diary interpreted by angier and read by bouldon.