• sandraborys

★★★½ Added by sandraborys

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

it consists of two magicians, Alfred Border and Robert Angier. The two of them battle it out in the ultimate illusion, it began to become a ‘competition’ to become a better magical then the other. To see who can put on a better illusion, to fooled and entertain the audience. Angier’s wife Julie had been part of his illusion but sadly, died while drowning in the water tank on stage. She was incapable of untiring the knot that Borden had…

• Cedrian98

★★★★ Added by Cedrian98

This movie was quite "magical". It was a thriller that kept me at the edge of my seat as I watched the story unfold. Its visuals, stunning as they were, portrayed this very mystical feel to their environment.

What really hit me however, were the film's characters. They flushed out the personalities of each character presented, especially Angier and Borden. Overall, if you're looking to be amazed, or are interested in the magical arts, this film would be for you.

• macdude

★★★★★ Rewatched by macdude 02 Oct, 2015

I have watched this movie multiple times this year and it continues to be my favorite movie of all time.

Sentence: This has to be my shortest review ever.

★★★★½ Watched by THIRUMALAI 02 Oct, 2015

how the two magician ruining their own life because of competition .lot of twists and turns.

• Balu

★★★★★ Rewatched by Balu 30 Sep, 2015

Are you watching closely ???

• LuccaWestphal

★★★½ Watched by LuccaWestphal 04 Jul, 2015

• Erica Rafaela

★★★★★ Added by Erica Rafaela

This is the kind of movie which keeps you attached to the screen and will make you want to watch it again and again, and every time you'll watch it again you'll find another details that you missed the last time and new things will appear.

• JSusanka

Rewatched by JSusanka 25 Sep, 2015 6

Not my favorite Nolan, but probably the finest, most digestible example of his abilities yet. Every time I watch it -- 6-7 times, now -- I come away with a renewed and increased respect for his directorial (and writing) talents. I especially love the ways in which the film is a mirror of the magic trick process described by Michael Caine's Cutter. And the ways in which it's a film about filmmaking.

The performances are excellent, but Bale is the lynch pin. Without him, I'm not sure the film would work. And the ending sure wouldn't.

• Luke98

★★★½ Added by Luke98

The prestige was i complicating film to understand, saying so i will say that i was not hugely impressed by the film. From seeing other films directed by Christopher Nolan i had high hopes for this film. however i did watch the film over a day span and it did not help my situation. i did not like it for the ending i found ot to be rushed and poorly thought out. like they ran out of time and raped…

• Luiz Soares

★★★★★ Watched by Luiz Soares 28 Sep, 2015

véééééi. Caralho, Nolan

• Katelyn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Katelyn 24 Sep, 2015

I actually really enjoyed this film. This is the first Christopher Nolan films I've ever seen (I think) and it was brilliant! It was so well put together. Although I was confused at some parts, all the characters, acting, scenery was great. Nice story formula that really captured peoples attention. This was a really great film and I'd love to see more Christopher Nolan films.

• kristynhallick

★★★ Added by kristynhallick

“The Prestige” is about two magicians, Alfred Borden and Robert Angier. They started out as partners, but then become enemies when Angier’s wife dies during a magic trick. Both men try to sabotage each other’s magic tricks. Angier becomes obsessed with one of Borden’s magic trick and steals it, creating a lot of drama between both men. It leads to Borden getting framed for a crime he didn’t commit. It’s then revealed that Borden has a twin brother that was…