• Anna Bean

★★★★★ Rewatched by Anna Bean 29 May, 2015

Quite possibly the most perfectly structured film I've ever seen. Every single thing comes full circle -- the birds, the diaries, the drowning, EVERYTHING. It's a brilliant, intricate meditation on passion and obsession and sacrifice, that (crazily) loses absolutely nothing on the rewatch. I am forever in awe.

• Thierry D.W.

★★★★ Watched by Thierry D.W. 27 May, 2015

I was watching closely. I recommend you to do the same.

• paul dela peña

★★★ Added by paul dela peña

Confusing..

• BAG

★★★★★ Watched by BAG 15 May, 2015

Another Nolan classic!

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★½ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 24 May, 2015

Decent thriller that seems to get more and more implausible and conusing until the reveal of what's really been happening, and then it all falls into place. Clever, but might test your patience around the end of the second act.

• Wanda Romanoff

★★★★½ Watched by Wanda Romanoff 19 Oct, 2014

dude im nolan trash and this fucked me up
    so good

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 30 Jul, 2011

It's obvious everyone involved did their homework. Less obvious is what exactly they wanted to say about magic. Or anything.

• Richard Murphy

★★★★ Added by Richard Murphy

Fabulous movie from a stellar cast.

• raphael

★★★★½ Watched by raphael 14 May, 2015

[miles teller's voice] i'M UPSET!

• Kris Dotson

★★★★½ Added by Kris Dotson

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

On the surface, it is a hell of a yarn with a genius structure, mirroring the 3 phases of stage illusions. Yes, Borden's secret is a little obvious, but Nolan demonstrates that was merely a sly bit of misdirection when he blindsides you with Angier's much more horrifying one.

Just below the surface though, Borden and Fallon's story explores the dilemma of being unable to devote yourself completely to both your art and your family (the 2 things which motivate…

• JaySalahi

★★★★ Rewatched by JaySalahi 13 May, 2015

B+ (88)

• periodtrash

Watched by periodtrash 13 May, 2015

A bird dies in this movie its trash. Its also a terrible britsploitative Sherlock Holmes esque bullshitfest. But if these qualities aren't enough to deter you from watching it just keep this in mind: its directed by Christopher Nolan.