• Kyle McMahon

★★★★½ Rewatched by kennedy elizabeth rose 27 Aug, 2015

damn i love my father

• Tyler Born

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Born 26 Aug, 2015

Easily my favorite Nolan movie. Phenomenal cast. Full of great twists and turns, and one of my favorite movie endings of all time. 9.8/10

• Jason Cregan

★★★★ Watched by Jason Cregan 09 Mar, 2012

The best of Nolan. The twist and performances are excellent and Bale and Jackman make great rivals. The opening and ending are also fantastic. Falls apart at times for trying to be too smart though.

Still very good. 4/5.

• Mariska

★★★★ Added by Mariska

"Are you watching closely?"

A thrilling story of deadly magician duel with mind-bending twists.

• Sebastian Borrazas

★★½ Watched by Sebastian Borrazas 23 Aug, 2015

Strange and tangled story. A few bad actors. There was a lot of room for improvement. Simply boring.

• ctbell

★★★ Watched by ctbell 24 Aug, 2015

So, the plot hinges on a magical box? That was unfulfilling.

• Frenchie's Reviews

★★★ Added by Frenchie's Reviews

I'm a big fan of the films of Christopher Nolan and with Interstellar I believe he has reached his peak of storytelling and directing. The Prestige is something different from the film maker because this one is a period piece, set in what I am presuming is the very early 1900s? All of his other films either seem to be set in current day or a futuristic society. The Prestige is a little more low key in its look and…

• jonmonteverde

★★★★½ Rewatched by jonmonteverde 23 Aug, 2015

Contemporaneous reviews were much more mixed than this film deserved. I got the sense from Ebert and others that they were with the story until it veered into the implausible, and also weren't entirely on board with the theme of revealing the pedestrian or even awful methods behind astounding illusions. Knowing what it's going for going in, I loved it on second viewing.

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

This is my first movie from Christopher Nolan.
    I don't get it at the first time. It's a story of two magicians compete one another and end up in this complex reality.
    I watched it for Hugh Jackman and then I finally knew this guy, Christian Bale. The end was, "Scarlett Johansson was so lucky to be in this smart movie."
    I knew this movie was so complex but I like it anyways. It's like the anti-hero movie kind of thing. It's a movie when the character was smarter than the audiences.

• YI JIAN

★★★★½ Rewatched by YI JIAN 23 Aug, 2015

Nolan asks us to watch his film closely but knows very well that we won't because deep down, we actually want to be fooled. The bastard is mocking us from behind the scenes, revealing the secret right at the very beginning and laugh hysterically as we still scratch our heads throughout the film.

He doesn't even try to disguise his trick, we literally hear and see the answer yet we choose to mislead ourselves. Now that I've stepped back and…

• Sabela La

★★★½ Rewatched by Sabela La 20 Aug, 2015

Me encanta Nolan por primera vez, pero me aburre las demás. Una vez que ya sabes donde está el "truco final" la película pierde bastante interés, y eso que ya la tenía bastante olvidadilla.