• RoyaleWithChees

★★★★ Watched by RoyaleWithChees 08 Nov, 2014

It twists and turns, with a thematically sound yet non grounded ending, really elevated by compelling performances and some nice shots.

• Asko

★★★★½ Watched by Asko 28 Nov, 2014

Nolan je to uradio ponovo. Zaista ne mogu naći prave riječi da izrazim svoje oduševljenje još jednim njegovim djelom. Kada se samo sjetim da sam hvalio Now You See Me a nije ni do koljena Prestigeu. Prepun više-manje neočekivanih obrata, i od početka do kraja gledaoca drži u neizvjesnosti. Scenario vrhunski napisan kao i u svim Nolanovim filmovima, a Jackman, Bale i ekipa su ga još bolje oživjela na ekranu. Sve preporuke.

• ajchafitz

★★★★½ Rewatched by ajchafitz 26 Nov, 2014

After being disappointed by Interstellar, I went back to my favorite Nolan movie to see if it was actually as good as I remembered. It did not disappoint. The plot has so many moving parts and constantly moves back and forth in time, yet Nolan is able to cleverly engineer a coherent but unpredictable narrative. But beyond all the trapdoors and plot machinations, the core of the movie is the rivalry between two magicians. Because they seem like real people that are personally and emotionally invested in becoming the victor, the audience also becomes invested in the characters' fate.

• Ellie Clem

★★ Watched by Ellie Clem 26 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 24 Nov, 2014

"Do you have anything to say?"

"Abracadabra"

• Chris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 23 Nov, 2014

Still a great movie on rewatch. I wasn't sure I'd be as into it knowing the deal, but it was still exciting.

• Stefan Griens

★★★★½ Rewatched by Stefan Griens 14 Oct, 2014

Movie about dueling magicians. This movie is a great meditation on dedication and obsession, with some magic thrown in. Nolan is always good at breaking down ridiculously complicated plots and does so again here. If it wasn't for one subplot that feels out of place, yet is very important to the overall story, I would give this five stars.

• MovieMan23

★★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

A very rewatchable movie, brilliantly made.

• SJHoneywell

★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Nolan fanboys love
    This film. If you look closely
    It all falls apart.

• Tristiac

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 22 Nov, 2014

It took me 3 viewings to realize that The Prestige is Nolan's best film and now I count it among my favorites. Brilliantly constructed, densely layered, superbly edited, career best performances, and deeply troubling in its implications. Each viewing reveals more details that enhance my admiration.

• Blake Garnsey

★★★½ Watched by Blake Garnsey 18 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Peter Strauss

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Strauss 22 Nov, 2014 3

Damn. Going back over the Nolan films I thought PRESTIGE was a lower tier entry, but now I'm struggling with considering it amongst his very best. Paying particular attention to the editing and pacing where DARK KNIGHT, INCEPTION and DARK KNIGHT RISES became increasingly choppy and incoherent, this film is so slick and its pacing so fluid. A lot of the Nolan nitpicks come from his concepts ballooning so much you end up mapping it out in your head which…