• Stephen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Stephen 27 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Secretkey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Secretkey 28 Jul, 2014

Ein Film, der auch noch - oder sogar gerade - nach dem zweiten Anschauen ungemein beeindruckt.
    So als würde man sich nach einer entsprechenden Erklärung und Einführung der "Prestigio" den Trick nochmals vorführen lassen und ihn dafür schätzen lernen, mit viel Spitzfindigkeit und Hingabe er zuvor fehlerfrei vom Magier durchgeführt wurde!

• Fesapo

★★★★★ Watched by Fesapo 03 Mar, 2007

95/100

• henrymcknz

★★★★ Watched by henrymcknz 26 Jul, 2014

There is something extremely captivating about a movie dealing primarily with the world of Magic. Magic tricks capture our imaginations and leave us scratching our heads, and this is what The Prestige did to me. Due to the winding un-chronological order of the film, the viewer will most likely be confused. I certainly was, until the final lingering acts of the film, where all is revealed. Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed, has created a masterpiece of suspenseful and thrilling action. Probably going to need to watch this one to grasp what the fuck just happened.

• Sam Gielen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Gielen 26 Jul, 2014

This film is perfect. It is, as it were, a Prestige of its own.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 25 Jul, 2014

Batman vs wolverine. Two magicians try to decode each others magic tricks when one of them develops the ultimate trick and the other tries endlessly to discover the secret. This movie has brilliant cast and acting, the writing is clever and the directing is fantastic.

• Vanther

★½ Added by Vanther

Predictable.

• Massafaka

★★★½ Watched by Massafaka 10 Feb, 2008

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• linkmang

★★★★ Added by linkmang

Looks like Wolverine was..

UNDER PRESSURE!

Holy Conan Doyle Batman

• Jonathan_Rung

★★★★ Added by Jonathan_Rung

It was an ambitious script, and they pulled it off. I really enjoyed it. At times, it was a little hard at times for me to follow. There were a lot of quick cuts that shifted in time, but the shifts in timelines wasn't always apparent. Sometimes this was done intentionally, and to great effect, but other times I had to stop and think (in a bad way) just to get my bearings. The fact that I often had a…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★½ Added by Derek Diercksmeier

This is Christopher Nolan's best film.

• FranticMonkey

★★★★★ Rewatched by FranticMonkey 19 Jul, 2014

It's been quite some time since I last watched The Prestige. It's just as magnificent as it was the first time I saw it.

What struck me this time though was how sad the film was. Every character suffers a heartbreaking loss.

A stunning and beautiful film. I might even say it's Nolan's best.