• Jason

★★★★ Watched by Jason 30 Jun, 2016

Gorgeous adaptation of the Book of Exodus in the Bible. The animation is stunning and again makes me sad that there aren't enough 2D animated films being made anymore. The music is good; the standout of course being When You Believe which won the Oscar for Best Original Song.

• Doğukan Büyükkorkmaz

★★★ Watched by Doğukan Büyükkorkmaz 29 Jun, 2016

6.8/10 (Steve Hickner, 1998) [United States]

• Kacey Bange

★★★ Watched by Kacey Bange 26 Jun, 2016

It's a very pretty film, it's work with shadows and landscapes is stunning. It was also amusing to see all the celebrities they got to be in the voice cast: who knew Sandra Bullock and Michelle Pfeiffer and Helen Mirren all intersected here?

However, even with those elements, I couldn't help but find The Prince of Egypt to be dull. I've seen the story of Moses retold about a million times throughout my lifetime: in cartoons, in live action blockbusters,…

• nevinholness

★★★★★ Rewatched by nevinholness 22 Jun, 2016

i have to rewatch this every 6 months or so to purge away the sin

• RK

★★★ Added by RK

Beautiful movie. Absolutely stunning animation, art direction, and composition. The score only helps to highlight these highs.

Unfortunately other aspects aren't as remarkable. The sung songs didn't work for me, the tone is all over the place and shifts in jarring ways.

I liked how the biblical story was adapted a lot, but I think there's some core issues that emerge, particularly in how it juxtaposes a developed character with the conclusion of the narrative.

• Mutt

★★★ Watched by Mutt 13 Jun, 2016

listen. it was absolutely amazing. but. idk.
    5* review but my taste is 3* let me live

• Angie Rofer

★★★★ Watched by Angie Rofer 10 Jun, 2016

La historia del Éxodo siempre se me ha hecho tremendamente interesante, por lo tanto, convertir eso en una película me parece fantástico. Más aún, convertirla en una película de animación donde parte crucial del argumento sea la relación entre Moisés y Ramsés.
    La animación estuvo espectacular, cada momento sobrenatural/milagroso estuvo increíblemente ejecutado. Los números musicales (la mayoría por lo menos) me parecieron muy bien logrados, el hecho de que pongan a Moisés manifestando su disgusto por el maltrato al pueblo…

• Diego Sánchez Villegas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Diego Sánchez Villegas 10 Jun, 2016 7

Joder, y la tenía en un misero 7.

Buah. Poca broma con esta, amigos. De las pelis animadas más épicas que he visto. Imperfecta, vale: aunque visualmente es ESPECTACULAR, la animación y los diseños de los personajes chocan un poco. Me parece cojonudo que se alejen del estilo Disney, pero la que comenté ayer, 2 años posterior, dio con la tecla adecuada, creo. Por otra parte, no todas las canciones (bien utilizadas, ojo) están al mismo nivel, y diría que…

• betsy

★★★½ Rewatched by betsy 09 Jun, 2016

cool

• alex

★★★ Watched by alex 09 Jun, 2016

#10 4 the how to be a gay space feminist challenge

idk I'm v. ambivalent ??? idk if that's bc betsy + meabh spent the whole time arguing abt whether rameses or moses were in the right idk it was weird ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I just felt v eh the whole time. that might just be bc u kno like. god and shit tho. moses's wife + moses's sister were gay together tho lbr. I have no idea whether I enjoyed myself or not ?? I feel like it's something that u need all of those nostalgic feelios 2 enjoy

• chocovarro

★★★½ Rewatched by chocovarro 06 Jun, 2016

Qué gran peli joder.

Las canciones me han parecido un pelín flojas. Lo mismo porque es la primera vez que la veo en inglés y he estado un poco fuera de onda.

• alley 🐱

★★★★½ Added by alley 🐱

I think it's no coincidence that this came out the year I was born because this film Birthed me. But honestly,

Me before the movie: He... split... the sea. That sounds fake.
    Me after: Moses my son!