• TheAnalyzer

★★★★★ Added by TheAnalyzer

A childhood favorite of mine, this touching and amazing film about Moses' most notable story is easily one of the greatest animated films of all time. Some elements may not match the Bible, but that does not bother me as long as it's not flat-out blasphemous. The music was excellent and extremely memorable, and the cast is flawless.

• Eclectic Cinephile

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eclectic Cinephile 23 Jun, 2015

Exodus: Gods and Kings was a film I had fun watching, but it was one that I found underwhelming and generic (in this respect, Darren Aronofsky's Noah was so much better in cinematic and overall theological terms). However, The Prince of Egypt (and its live-action 1956 antecedent The Ten Commandments) remain the two definitive cinematic adaptations of the Moses/Exodus story. What makes these two films great is their willingness to embrace the supernatural aspects of the story thoroughly as if…

• matbonucci

★★★½ Watched by matbonucci 27 Jun, 2015

Oh god the songs were awful but ok animation movie

• Julian Bosley

★★★½ Added by Julian Bosley

Fun movie to watch. Watched it a lot when I was younger.

• Cat

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cat 02 Jun, 2015

This film has a tendency to give me a religious crisis. It is absolutely worth watching.

• Illusion Mihawk

★★★★ Added by Illusion Mihawk

A shame this animated film is usualy forgotten nowadays, was on of DreamWorks's first animated films and might still be one of their best ones.

It's another adaptation of the "Exodus" from the Bible, and it might be the best adaptation so far too. As the film warns in the very beginning, they don't take every single event there, they take the general plot and try to make something that is true to the heart of the original tale.

The…

• Jake Humphries

★★ Added by Jake Humphries

See previous review for Anastasia.

• Lexi

★★★★ Added by Lexi

U N D E R R A T E D!

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 06 May, 2015

The Prince of Egypt is a film that was yet another staple of my childhood, and my reason for wanting to re-watch it had to do with my receiving Exodus: Gods and Kings as the next movie from my Netflix DVD Queue. And I'm very happy to report that this film holds up really well, maybe even a little better than I expected.

Perhaps this movie's biggest success in how effectively it tells the story of Moses, as we know…

• Daniel

★★★★★ Added by Daniel

This was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I was like seven. I love this movie so much.

• Sartaj Singh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sartaj Singh 30 Apr, 2015

The Prince of Egypt remains the finest animated feature of the 1990s, a decade where the genre reached unprecedented artistic and critical heights. More amazingly it is the best adaptation of the Exodus story. This is due to its sharp focus on the relationship between Moses and Ramesses which is the film's central fascination. Aside from that, the film contains many ambitious sequences that still engage and work. For example, there is a dream sequence that takes place within a…

• Spotted Lemur

★★★★½ Watched by Spotted Lemur 23 Apr, 2015

A billion of innocent little kids have just died and you want to have a music number? Jesus christ Miriam, this is why we can't take you anywhere.