• jto111

★★½ Added by jto111

A biblical animation, which can't quite decide its audience.

• The Film Avenger

★★★★½ Rewatched by The Film Avenger 31 Jan, 2016

I have forgotten how beautiful and rich this film is. It's probably the second-greatest version of the Exodus story, if not THE best. The animation is incredible and the voice acting is tremendous.

If there is something that I can qualm about in this film, it's that it ends too soon. 20 to 30 more minutes could have been enough to adequately cover the forging of the Ten Commandments and its aftermath.

• Mariel Mohns

★★★★ Rewatched by Mariel Mohns 26 Jan, 2016

4/52 for #52FilmsByWomen

While this movie is heavily saturated with nostalgia for me, I am still blown away at how well it stands up as cinematic epic. So many beautifully shot (er...animated) frames, Schwartz's theatrical score, and an impeccable voice cast.

• Bleki

★★★ Watched by Bleki 26 Jan, 2016

Stari moj kakav je ovo početak - SPEKTAKULARNO I VELIČANSTVENO - od animacije i kadrova do događanja na ekranu. Svaka minuta je istovremena isprepletena i napetošću i zajebancijom - u maniri najboljeg Biblijskog epa. Ovo zadnje što sam napisao baš i nema smisla, ali nema veze.

I onda nakon ovako jakog početka dođe jednako slab kraj. Mojsiji se očito ni neda biti prorok, 10 zaraza traju doslovno 10 sekundi, a i kasnije kad je trebalo RAZDVOJITI MORE mi se po njegovoj faci činilo kao da i to čini preko obrezanog kurca.

Nezz, bolje da su ostali graditi piramide, sad nek se jebu sa svojim ovcama.

• MichelleK

★★★★★ Added by MichelleK

Incredible movie, with gorgeous songs. An absolute triumph!

• Luisa Tolledo

★★★★ Added by Luisa Tolledo

Great!

• Kikuchisawa

★★★★ Watched by Kikuchisawa 16 Jan, 2016 2

An early, yet stellar outing from DreamWorks Animation, with great songs, characters, and animation.

• Kari

★★★★★ Added by Kari

I watched this again recently, after maybe 10 years of thinking about re-watching it, and I gotta say, I should've seen it sooner. Moses is honest and humble, his heart is young and raw in the film and so, so eager to learn and right his wrongs. Rameses is scary and stubborn, but his pain (in multiple counts during the film) pierces me right there in the middle of my heart. This movie - without a doubt - deserves more…

• Jay Martin

★★★★★ Added by Jay Martin

"A single thread in a tapestry, though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose in the pattern of the grand design."

Easily without a shadow of a doubt one of my favourite films of all time. I was hooked on this as a youngster and could still watch it to death to his day. None I my family are religious to any degree but regardless of this the movie manages to hit home pretty hard. A rather short…

• cch

★★★★ Added by cch 1

Since I am the oldest kid in my family, I was scared shitless about getting killed in my sleep for a month after watching this for the first time.

• Andres Herrera

★★★★★ Added by Andres Herrera

*The last triumphant note of "Deliver Us"* *cuts to black*

This is probably one of the most cinematic movies frankly, ever put on celluloid. It deservers to be studied, for it's impeccable sense of scale and detail. Filled with glorious, inventive imagery and some of the best musical numbers ever made for the screen. Pure perfection is to behold watching The Prince of Egypt.

• Jye Briscoe

★★★½ Watched by Jye Briscoe 24 Dec, 2015

This was one major animated movie that I never saw as a kid because I thought it looked a little boring. I don't know why because it was actually quite good.

The majority of people already know the story of Ramses and Moses, so I don't have to go into depth there. The Prince of Egypt has a surprisingly big and well known voice cast and the 2D animation was nice to look at. The parting of the sea portion of the film looked excellent.

I think the only DreamWorks film I'm still yet to see now is Stallion: Spirit of the Cimmaron.