• jadecanard

★★★★ Added by jadecanard

The opening sets up the epic tone. Beautiful animation.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Remember enjoying it.

• Carlos Castel

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Castel 17 Mar, 2015

It's weird, but i think this kind of animation has more heart and feeling than 3D animated films. Maybe because of nostalgia.

"The prince of Egypt" it is a great example of what i am saying, just watch it

• Steve Hunt

★★★★ Watched by Steve Hunt 18 Mar, 2015

I wish The Prince of Egypt was longer. The biggest thing I have against it is that it's beholden to the "get on with it!" pacing that plagued a lot of animated films of that era, where they're in such a rush to get to the "good parts" (heavy air quotes there) that you wish it would stop for a bit longer to smell the flowers. Otherwise, it's really hard to think of an animated film from a major studio…

• Bruno Dias

★★★½ Watched by Bruno Dias 15 Mar, 2015

Revi este filme por nostalgia e não me decepcionei nem um pouco, uma animação que deve ser vista!!

• Brian Hann

★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This is an animated telling of the Moses bible take. Nice animation

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★½ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 26 Feb, 2015

So much better than The Ten Commandments. A better story and two hours shorter.

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 26 Feb, 2015

Why couldn't we have just stopped animation at this point? The perfect hybrid of hand drawn and computer animation. Why did one have to overtake the other? Someone needs to restore balance to The Force!

• Christian Flemm

★★★½ Watched by Christian Flemm 24 Feb, 2015

Some of the best musical numbers and animation ever (I'm convinced that the late 90s were animation's best years) that get bogged down by that last act.

Relationship dynamic between Moses and Ramses was also a welcome addition to the biblical story, but I'm left wondering if that dynamic (which works so well in the first 2 acts) ends up truly working in the 3rd act. Mixed feelings about that.

• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

58/100

• maria

★★★★ Rewatched by maria 11 Feb, 2015

hadn't seen this film in years and decided it was time for a re-watch. it was a good decision, to say the least. beautiful music, breathtaking animation, and no whitewashing? count me in.

• Bobby Karmi

★★★★ Added by Bobby Karmi

The best of Dreamworks traditionally animated material, The Prince of Egypt is an amazing accomplishment in just how far it goes into making the Exodus story fresh and new again. The animation is spectacular, the voice work amazing, its just a great film by all accounts. If only it was longer, but that is hardly a complaint.