• Spotted Lemur

★★★★½ Watched by Spotted Lemur 23 Apr, 2015

A billion of innocent little kids have just died and you want to have a music number? Jesus christ Miriam, this is why we can't take you anywhere.

• Dave Hill

★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Hill 24 Apr, 2015

It's been many years since I watched the Dreamworks "Prince of Egypt" -- and ...

1. I still like it, a lot.
    2. The animation, for something 17 years old, remains highly impressive.

The inevitable comparison is to "The Ten Commandments," and the "Prince of Egypt"'s strength is right here -- less preachingness, a lot more looking at the relationship between Moses and Rameses. Brothers both under the harsh lessons of their father, Seti, the two of them remind me…

• Elliott F

★★★★½ Watched by Elliott F 07 Apr, 2015

The Prince of Egypt is a richly rewarding film on a number of levels. Remarkably mature and dark and featuring mesmerizing animation and some gorgeous music from Stephen Schwartz and Hans Zimmer, the film is a bold retelling of the Exodus story. It's emotionally resonant, engaging, and a powerful testament to the non-Disney animation scene.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

VHS

• Tristiac

★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 18 Apr, 2015

It would be great if instead of focusing on a story where he is the villain someone did a film based on the Pharaoh Ramses II that took into account his many impressive achievements; he was arguably the greatest ever leader of ancient Egypt with a legacy that has stretched centuries. He ruled a rich and prosperous kingdom into his 90s while Moses led the Hebrews into the desert for 40 years, so who really came out on top?

The…

• neglify19

★★★½ Watched by neglify19 05 Apr, 2015

Film #C of the Easter Marathon
    letterboxd.com/neglify19/list/easter-movie-marathon/

A nicely done Dreamworks animated bible story. I didn't care too much for the songs, but they weren't bad.

• jadecanard

★★★★ Added by jadecanard

The opening sets up the epic tone. Beautiful animation.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Remember enjoying it.

• Carlos Castel

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Castel 17 Mar, 2015

It's weird, but i think this kind of animation has more heart and feeling than 3D animated films. Maybe because of nostalgia.

"The prince of Egypt" it is a great example of what i am saying, just watch it

• Steve Hunt

★★★★ Watched by Steve Hunt 18 Mar, 2015

I wish The Prince of Egypt was longer. The biggest thing I have against it is that it's beholden to the "get on with it!" pacing that plagued a lot of animated films of that era, where they're in such a rush to get to the "good parts" (heavy air quotes there) that you wish it would stop for a bit longer to smell the flowers. Otherwise, it's really hard to think of an animated film from a major studio…

• Bruno Dias

★★★½ Watched by Bruno Dias 15 Mar, 2015

Revi este filme por nostalgia e não me decepcionei nem um pouco, uma animação que deve ser vista!!

• Brian Hann

★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This is an animated telling of the Moses bible take. Nice animation