• 'Becca'lise

★★★★½ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 26 Feb, 2015

So much better than The Ten Commandments. A better story and two hours shorter.

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 26 Feb, 2015

Why couldn't we have just stopped animation at this point? The perfect hybrid of hand drawn and computer animation. Why did one have to overtake the other? Someone needs to restore balance to The Force!

• Christian Flemm

★★★½ Watched by Christian Flemm 24 Feb, 2015

Some of the best musical numbers and animation ever (I'm convinced that the late 90s were animation's best years) that get bogged down by that last act.

Relationship dynamic between Moses and Ramses was also a welcome addition to the biblical story, but I'm left wondering if that dynamic (which works so well in the first 2 acts) ends up truly working in the 3rd act. Mixed feelings about that.

• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

58/100

• maria

★★★★ Rewatched by maria 11 Feb, 2015

hadn't seen this film in years and decided it was time for a re-watch. it was a good decision, to say the least. beautiful music, breathtaking animation, and no whitewashing? count me in.

• Bobby Karmi

★★★★ Added by Bobby Karmi

The best of Dreamworks traditionally animated material, The Prince of Egypt is an amazing accomplishment in just how far it goes into making the Exodus story fresh and new again. The animation is spectacular, the voice work amazing, its just a great film by all accounts. If only it was longer, but that is hardly a complaint.

• Josh Crabb

★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Crabb 31 Jan, 2015

Still my favorite Exodus re-telling

• Catherine Addington

★★★★★ Added by Catherine Addington

One of my all-time favorites, both beautifully and carefully crafted and a deeply spiritual story. The best bible adaptation ever made, no question. So, so, so good.

• Nadine Keels

★★★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

Glimpses of the artistry are what made me check out this film for myself, and I've deemed it to be one of the (if not the) most visually beautiful animated features I've ever seen. It's not a talky-talky film, trying to say too much, but it says what it needs to, oftentimes in movements, facial expressions, and music.

And, speaking of music, another wonderful film score by Hans Zimmer.

• Jonathan Sullivan

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Sullivan 07 Jan, 2015

I got inspired to check this one out after reading THE MEN WHO WOULD BE KING for the third time and it floored me in many respects. Beautiful animation, a really intense story, and some epic musical numbers. No shucking and jiving here; when people do finally dance there's a reason for it. I totally get why people weren't receptive to this film when it was originally released but if you get the chance, check this out. It's a stark stark *STARK* contrast to the rest of the animated films of the 90s.

(Netflix)

• Njabs Phungula

★★★★★ Rewatched by Njabs Phungula 06 Jan, 2015

"Rameses! Let my people go!"

Dreamworks Animation's finest hour is an ensemble piece that never fails to surprise me even after a hundred or so viewings. The voice talent is of the highest class and the animation is no less brilliant. All the shots look like they were painstakingly thought out and that certainly helps. It wouldn't be fair for me to talk about the movie without mentioning the music so, here it goes: Stephen Schwartz' songs are perfect and…

• Rowan Charlton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rowan Charlton 04 Jan, 2015

Possibly the most beautiful traditionally animated film of all time. The story is biblical, but the way they handled it made it much more universal and hugely powerful. Nothing feels rushed and everything feels like it is in the right place. The songs are emotional and memorable. The voice acting is probably some of the best in any animated film.

The entire film has a magical powerful punch to it. It is dark, scary. Humorous. Timing is perfect in the…