• Steven Cohen

★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 16 Apr, 2014

One of the better adaptations of a Bible story that I have seen (sorry Noah). I tried to separate this from my childhood nostalgia, and I still found a whole lot to like about the story. There is genuine emotion throughout the movie, particularly between Moses (Val Kilmer) and Rameses (Ralph Fiennes), and the script seems conflicted with the terrible things that have to happen for the Hebrews to be free. Not only do the voice actors convey the characters'…

• Victor Volchenko

★★★★ Watched by Victor Volchenko 14 Apr, 2014

Видно, что делали с душой! И хоть различия с Писанием есть, но радостно, что они не такие значимые - в целом первоисточник передан верно.

• Jordan_The_Bailiff

★★★★ Watched by Jordan_The_Bailiff 06 Apr, 2014

At first I thought, how could an animated movie be epic enough to cover the epic story of Moses leading the Hebrews out of Egypt?

Well I was stubborn and very wrong. This was a top notch animated film and I very, very much enjoyed it. Biblically inaccurate in a few moments, but still very great.

Far better than another cinematic telling of the tale.

• Tova

★★★★ Rewatched by Tova 10 Apr, 2014

Yes, I'm cleaning my house of chametz to this movie, and it is glorious.

• Adam_Zanzie

★★★★½ Added by Adam_Zanzie

I saw this twice in theaters in 1998, and did not see it again for another 16 years. Watching it again... wow. Brought back a lot of memories and a lot of nostalgia. So much of it I still remembered, and yet still so much I could now appreciate as an adult.

This is, quite simply, one of the most gorgeously-animated films ever made. This is the movie which made me realize, at age 7, that DreamWorks was the real…

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★ Rewatched by Daniblacksmoke 28 Mar, 2014

Pelicula normalita de animación. Tenía un buen recuerdo de ella y la verdad esque no me ha disgustado su revisionado. Canciones decentes, buena animación 2D para la época. Y en general, aunque obviamente no llegué al nivel de la Disney de los 90 -su rival directo- se encuentra entre lo mejor producido por Dreamworks en animación esos años, eso sí, por debajo de 'La ruta hacia El Dorado'. En resumen, una película decente de animación con una historia bíblica mil veces contada. No se le puede pedir más.

• Bridger_Wingate

★★★★ Added by Bridger_Wingate

Back in 1998, there were only two competitors in the animation glory race. Warner Bros. and Disney. Disney had an advantage in this race, when their releases in the previous years were films like The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Mulan and such and such. Warner Bros. were releasing animated films like Cats Don't Dance (which only made $3 million back of their $32 million budget), The King & I, Quest for Camelot, and others. And don't say Space Jam…

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★★ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 15 Mar, 2014

Easily my favorite non-Disney animated film. The animation is gorgeous, the songs are memorable, and I watch it every year.

• cnb

★★★ Watched by cnb 12 Mar, 2014

First, the notion that one can 'achieve' a miracle is very odd.

• Alan Castree

★★★ Watched by Alan Castree 09 Mar, 2014

Very theatrical and very beautiful.

• memorian

★★★★ Added by memorian

This is probably the only film with religious overtones that I really love. I love the songs!!

• Thomas Wishloff

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thomas Wishloff 25 Feb, 2014

You know, every time I watch this movie I conveniently forget most of it. Makes for a great viewing experience as every time I find myself pleasantly surprised. I think it's finally time that I remember this thing for how good it actually is. By heavens though this film is downright gorgeous.