• Warren Gilbert

★★★½ Rewatched by Warren Gilbert 24 Sep, 2016

Dreamworks' jump into animated films started out strongly with this one. Like The Ten Commandments (1956) it basically follows Moses' life until those commandments are revealed.

It's interesting to see some of the differences between the two stories, and while less detailed Prince of Egypt is a worthy companion film. Although there's arguably a bit too much singing the music is well done (including the score) and has a bit more maturity to it that isn't in the Disney films…

• martika

★★★★★ Added by martika

truly God's gift

• Knit-Ish

★★★½ Rewatched by Knit-Ish 23 Sep, 2016

Not as good as I remembered as a child.

• ReCreation

★★★★ Watched by ReCreation 21 Sep, 2016 1

Val Kilmer may not be the best Batman, but he IS the best Batman who played Moses.

• Kylie Lynn

★★★★ Watched by Kylie Lynn 19 Sep, 2016

the animation was aaaammmmmaaazzzziiinnnggg, but what about the children??

• mia

★★★★ Watched by mia 20 Sep, 2016

raw me moses

• Nuri Tal

★★★★ Rewatched by Nuri Tal 14 Sep, 2016

Watched this with my mum. As soon as it cut off at the end, she looked at me and went: "They don't show you more because he returns to find all of 'em worshipping a gold calf."

• Cliff Galiher

★★★½ Rewatched by Cliff Galiher 31 Aug, 2016

SAW: in the Concierge Office

• Jennica

★★★★ Rewatched by Jennica 22 Dec, 2014

It was a really good movie. The number of musical numbers was kind of unexpected, but overall, the movie was really good, especially the animation. The animation was fantastic.

• Ry

★★★★ Rewatched by Ry 17 Aug, 2016

I can’t count how many times I’ve seen this movie.

• maggie

★★★★★ Watched by maggie 21 Aug, 2016

this is still the best movie ever created

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 17 Aug, 2016 2

Not bad. I somehow managed to go my entire childhood, being raised in the church, without seeing this movie. I know I'm in the minority here (at least among my friends), but I just don't see what the big deal is. Sure, the animation is good, and some of the songs are dec ("Playing With The Big Boys" might be the lamest song I've ever heard), but the overall structure just feels off. I feel like a lot of the…