• Davidoff

★★★★ Watched by Davidoff 26 Jul, 2014

Wonderful experience: a fantastically animated film with a fantastic score by Hans Zimmer, something I wouldn't say of his recent works.

• Stef

★★★★ Rewatched by Stef 24 Aug, 2012

Not very Biblically accurate, but I love the soundtrack to pieces. TO PIECES.

• Andrew Sigma

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Sigma 13 Jul, 2014

For some reason I've never seen this before...but I loved it...

• Yan

★★★½ Rewatched by Yan 11 Jul, 2014

Revisited a favourite from my childhood.

• Alex Zavala

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Zavala 19 Jun, 2014

first off, I've been off the site for a long time but I am back and hopefully here to stay

Prince of Egypt is a work of art in story and animation, one of Dreamworks early best and man do I love it

This movie had diffently gave me a new appreciation for bible stories specifically Moses

The Music is amazing as is the art, I loved it, and if you enjoy animation you will too

• Milan

★★★★½ Watched by Milan 18 Jun, 2014

I'm not really a Bible person (don't kick my ass, I'm just not Christian), but this movie is just breathtaking in every way. I'm nearly eighteen and this is the first time (that I can remember) actually watching this movie and I'm so mad that I didn't see it before. Thanks Netflix for adding it, man.

• Jimmy Jones

★★★½ Added by Jimmy Jones

The story of Moses & The Exodus, told in a very artistic way that takes plenty of liberties but also elevates the Biblical story in some ways. Like the new Hobbit films, it takes additional and implied pieces of history and adds them in, as well as adding extra character development and expounding on what Moses' life would have been like as he grew up. Oh, and then there's songs, because you know... it's an animated movie. What did you expect.…

• Fitzers227

★★★½ Watched by Fitzers227 11 Jun, 2014

Definitely one of the best opening numbers of any movie musical (animated or otherwise) I have ever seen. Unfortunately the rest of the movie can't quite match the opening, but it comes awful close from time to time. It can fall into very, self-serious, "biblical film" territory, but the songs and moments that shine really do and it helps that the animation is gorgeous. Really glad I caught up with this one after all these years.

• Roman Colombo

★★★★ Watched by Roman Colombo 10 Jun, 2014

Most biblical stories tend to sugarcoat a lot of the events. Prince of Egypt does not--which is kind of amazing since this is a kid's movie. But we're actually shown the horrors of both the Egyptians and the Hebrews' God. In fact, Moses is shown to be quite horrified by the plagues as he watches his home (it was, after all, the place he grew up) be torn apart, and innocent people, Egyptian and Hebrew alike, suffer. But the opening…

• anne_f_

★★★ Watched by anne_f_ 05 May, 2014

Not enough Ralph Fiennes in this film. It didn't work for me, I enjoy good animations and love musicals, I'm not sure what was missing other than the insufficient quantities of Mr F.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★ Watched by Carl Ingebretsen 14 May, 2014

Some of the songs are fantastic, the animation is great and the voice cast delivers. Other songs aren't quite as good.

Regardless, the film zaps by and clocks in at barely 90 minutes, feeling like much less. I'd recommend it.

• Thomas Christie

★★★★½ Added by Thomas Christie

Great film, unforgettable music. It's a real shame that Ralph Fiennes only got a few lines to sing as Rameses II, in 'The Plagues', as those few lines are a terrific display of talent and character in his voice.