• Sam Barnett

★★★★ Added by Sam Barnett

How rare, a movie that's better than the book!

• Loz

★★★ Watched by Loz 19 Jul, 2015 3

Visually beautiful. I have never seen this before because this movie was banned where I grew up. I am not a religous person so honestly this movie wasn't really my thing. However its well done and a good representation of the story from what I understand.

• lobohombreriera

★★★★½ Added by lobohombreriera

Primera cinta de animación de Dreamworks y una de mis favoritas. Por eso tenía miedo de volverme a encontrar con ella y descubrir que no estaba a la altura de mis recuerdos, pero en ese aspecto estaba equivocado. Aparte del tono principalmente adulto, gran parte de su atractivo está en ese inusual tratamiento casi operático, en la grandiosa banda sonora, en la casi total ausencia de infantilismo o condescendencia para con sus personajes, y en el tono épico que sin…

• Hernan Fernandez

★★★★ Added by Hernan Fernandez

Épico largometraje de la factoría Dreamworks, un musical con una escenografía, escenas y personajes de gran escala, bastante infravalorada.

• sdelmonte

★★★★ Added by sdelmonte

Given the liberties taken with the story of Moses and the Jews as appear in the book of Exodus, this is a remarkably effective adaptation. The animation is gorgeous, the songs are memorable, the storytelling is strong, and the end result is something my wife and I rewatch often, usually around Passover. It's a shame that Dreamworks' animated musicals aimed at an adult audience quickly gave way to sillier fare, and that 3D animation made 2D obsolete.

• Emerezillion

★★★★ Added by Emerezillion

THE SOUNDTRACK THE ANIMATION I LOVE

• Cvnt_Destroyer

★★★½ Added by Cvnt_Destroyer

Great movie with amazing visuals and songs.

• TheAnalyzer

★★★★★ Added by TheAnalyzer

A childhood favorite of mine, this touching and amazing film about Moses' most notable story is easily one of the greatest animated films of all time. Some elements may not match the Bible, but that does not bother me as long as it's not flat-out blasphemous. The music was excellent and extremely memorable, and the cast is flawless.

• Eclectic Cinephile

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eclectic Cinephile 23 Jun, 2015

Exodus: Gods and Kings was a film I had fun watching, but it was one that I found underwhelming and generic (in this respect, Darren Aronofsky's Noah was so much better in cinematic and overall theological terms). However, The Prince of Egypt (and its live-action 1956 antecedent The Ten Commandments) remain the two definitive cinematic adaptations of the Moses/Exodus story. What makes these two films great is their willingness to embrace the supernatural aspects of the story thoroughly as if…

• matbonucci

★★★½ Watched by matbonucci 27 Jun, 2015

Oh god the songs were awful but ok animation movie

• Julian Bosley

★★★½ Added by Julian Bosley

Fun movie to watch. Watched it a lot when I was younger.

• Cat

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cat 02 Jun, 2015

This film has a tendency to give me a religious crisis. It is absolutely worth watching.