• David

★★★½ Rewatched by David 18 Nov, 2014

Lord and Lady Morley have been murdered and even worse, Inspector Winship (Knotts) and Dr. Tart (Conway) are on the case. Sent in by the yard to investigate, Tart and Winship are on the prowl to catch a killer that is staying right in the Lord and Ladies manor. They also received a letter from Morley AFTER he was dead. Say what? Somethin' a funny's a brewin' here? At the Morley mansion the private eyes meet the staff of the…

• G. Jardar Olsen

★★★ Added by G. Jardar Olsen 4

Tim Conway and Don Knotts have fun as a pair of inept detectives, stumbling over corpses while investigating murder in a creepy old mansion.

Their characters (Inspector Winship and Doctor Tart) are clearly spoofing Holmes and Watson, but with a new spin: these guys are Americans working for the Scotland Yard, after their stupidity got them kicked out of the States.

The plot is nothing special. At times it feels like it was made up as they went along, and…

• Alesia

★★½ Watched by Alesia 18 Sep, 2013

A ridiculous little mystery comedy staring two master of ridiculous movies. If you enjoy their humor you'll like this more than I did, but if not, skip it. The movie is incredibly cliched. I knew who dun it when they got their first clue.

• ArvinClone

★★★★★ Added by ArvinClone

What's not to love? Wookalars, secret passage ways and a time Gun. The Private Eyes is definitely my favorite Don Knotts and Tim Conway comedy. I've probably seen it hundreds of times. Knotts plays a bumbling Sherlock Holmes character while Conway plays a bumbling Dr. Watson. They're called in to solve Lord and Lady Morley's apparent murder with hilarious results.

• Charles Odell

★★½ Rewatched by Charles Odell 27 Dec, 2013

One of my sister's favorite films (it's amazing the obscure film flotsam than non-cinephiles often love), so watching the Blu-Ray she received as a Christmas present. Pedestrian murder mystery spoof, but Knotts & Conway have a corny but amusing Abbott and Costello-like thing going.

• ProfessorMortis

★★ Rewatched by ProfessorMortis 28 Aug, 2013

Saw this as a kid, decided at some point I needed to see it again. While watching it was instructive-so much of this was seared into my childhood memories...it's not very funny.

• Kristal Cooper

★★★★ Added by Kristal Cooper

My favourite Knotts/Conway movie. It's really corny but I still like to throw this on and have a double bill viewing with Clue every once in a while.

• Jeremy Wheeler

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Wheeler 20 Feb, 2012

What a great rewatch. This childhood gem still remains pretty damn funny and I was really surprised what came back to me as I watched it. A perfect companion to Murder By Death, which apart from Shot in the Dark, continues to be my favorite murder comedy.