• theactualjase

★★★★ Watched by theactualjase 03 Jul, 2015

This is another really sweet and imaginative Disney film. I love the idea of a mouse organisation within the United Nations. The animation looks wonderful as ever and there is some great music in the film too.

• Anthony

★★★★ Added by Anthony

The Rescuers Movie Review #61
    Disney Review #23

This is considered an underrated gem, but is it any good. Let's find out!
    The story has been used a lot. When someone is kidnapped two unlikely people have to save them. This time it just involves mice. It's over used but ok. The characters are all ok. That's really how they all are. The animation is classic Disney animation but this has nothing special. The songs to me are memorable that…

• Paul Anthony Johnson

★★★ Watched by Paul Anthony Johnson 17 Jun, 2015

The gray, melancholy palette and impressionistic backgrounds offer a nice counterbalance to the overbearingly bright, relentlessly popping visuals of modern computer animated features, and the variety and warmth of the character animation provide a lot of fun and sentiment (I especially loved the elderly cat at the orphanage, and regretted the movie never returned to him), but those virtues only partially compensate for the thin, sluggish story that often feels like little more than an episodic parade of left-over story bits from earlier, better Disney movies.

• Priscila

★★★ Added by Priscila

3/5

• Priscila

★★★ Added by Priscila

3/5

• Sabela La

★★½ Rewatched by Sabela La 08 Jun, 2015

Vigésimo tercer filme de animación Disney.

'Los rescatadores' fue un enorme éxito de taquilla, hasta el punto que fue el primero de los clásicos en tener secuela (además estrenada en salas).

Esta vez, los animalillos parlanchines y medio-vestidos conviven con humanos en el Nueva York del momento sin que a nadie parezca importarle lo más mínimo. ¿Y por qué envían a la embajadora húngara con el conserje a salvar a Penny? La respuesta a todo esto podría ser "Disney logic",…

• Fitzers227

★½ Watched by Fitzers227 14 May, 2015

There was no nostalgia weighing on me during this one and this one needs a big dose of nostalgia. I talk more about why here: www.ifitfitz.com/365/the-rescuers

• flurryheaven

★★★★ Rewatched by flurryheaven 22 May, 2015

Haven't seen Disney's animated classic The Rescuers since I was a child and it's still a solid watch. Viewed this with my five year old boy and he laughed himself silly and was totally invested. That's the beauty of animation when done well, it can still speak to a child or an adult decades after the fact.

What can you say about Disney's animated films, they're usually very entertaining. The Rescuers has a wonderful voice cast and a silly fun story. Sure the animation style is outdated by today's standards but it doesn't matter, the story is timeless. The Rescuers is still as charming as ever.

• Cuntis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cuntis 27 Apr, 2015

My top disney films fluctuate a lot, but this is consistently number 1. Mainly because the story is great, the characters are hilarious and the music is sublime. One of the songs was even oscar nominated. Our pet hamster was even called Bernard in honour of the Rescue Aid Societies bravest member.

What can you do? Two little mice? L O A D S innit.

• Sean Volk

★★½ Rewatched by Sean Volk 26 Apr, 2015

I haven't seen this as a child, but I remembered it being utterly depressing and dark. I remembered correctly.

The hand-drawn animation is beautiful, but the story of an orphan further victimized by cruel individuals is too heartbreaking to work. The realities of the human element are too dark to be merged with the whimsy of adventurous mice.

• Sean Volk

★★½ Rewatched by Sean Volk 26 Apr, 2015

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 27 Apr, 2015 2

bernard's got the sweetest lil face in disney history twitter.com/ucrazyutaraptor/status/592792516325416962