• ben_halford

★★★ Rewatched by ben_halford 28 Nov, 2015

A fast-paced action romp starring Eva Gabor and Bob Newhart as two mice on a mission to rescue an orphan. An amusing film with two very likable leads in Newhart and Gabor (Gabor also has to have one of my favourite voices in movie history) but the rather bare plot and slightly annoying orphan in distress (sorry, but that's how I feel she's written) hurt the film and the visuals, whilst not bad, per se, clearly show that Disney were not at the top of their game in the 70's.

• Louis Hill

★★★ Watched by Louis Hill 06 Nov, 2015

Re-watched this for the first time since I was a kid and I still enjoyed it. It is rather muted for a Disney film but the artistry in the animation is there, especially in the backgrounds. I miss animation like this where every frame is basically a piece of art.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★★ Rewatched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 25 Oct, 2015

Classic. Grew up with this. It's actually a pretty dark and scary film.

• Steen

★★ Rewatched by Steen 24 Oct, 2015

The organ scene made me laugh out loud, the rest made me either annoyed or bored, mostly bored.

• Zoe Pearson

★★★½ Watched by Zoe Pearson 22 Oct, 2015

lovely film, little dark in some places. the endings quite sweet.

• Nevin

★★★★ Watched by Nevin 05 Oct, 2015

I love how the characters in The Rescuers aren't too over-the-top, like a lot of characters are in today's animated films. Madam Medusa is crazy but definitely menacing. Bernard, Miss Bianca, Penny, Rufus the cat, Orville are all performed and animated well so as to make them likable. The songs are sentimental and well done. The art has a 70s vibe to it that made me nostalgic for that time. Fun story!

• Jesse Rice

★★★★½ Watched by Jesse Rice 20 May, 2015

The cat with the mustache is kind of terrifying. Though this story is slow, it is well told and deeper than I thought.

• Tyler O'Connor

★★★★★ Added by Tyler O'Connor

I love how dark this film is. It's Disney at it's most dangerous. The characters are well fleshed out and I love the idea of the Rescue Aid Society.

• Daisy Victoria Edwards

★★ Rewatched by Daisy Victoria Edwards 05 Oct, 2015

I was looking forward to re-watching this as a film from my childhood but it didn't really work it's magic on me as an adult. I enjoyed re-experiencing the bits I vaguely remembered but I lost concentration when it got to the third act despite the film only being just over 100 minutes. The voice acting was one of the best bits to me as it was quite charming. I think I had more love for the sequel so we'll see how that goes. I was disappointed by the standard of animation as well.

• Dana

★★★ Watched by Dana 28 Sep, 2015

Wonderful classic animation with that distinct dark flaire Disney movies from way back when. That poor Jenny. I mean, Penny.*

*I totally think Disney should have stuck with their idea to treat Oliver & Company as a spin-off type sequel to this, but FINE.

• maya

★★★½ Watched by maya 20 Sep, 2015

i'd never seen this one before!! it's super cute and the characters are incredibly likeable. they could have done a lot more with the story, though. i know there's a sequel so i'm going to watch that one too!

• Cody

★★★★ Watched by Cody 16 Sep, 2015

This is one I've never seen before, save for a scene here and there. The premise is kind of interesting, an organization of mice that traverse the world helping folks in need. It kind of gives way to an obvious moral of anyone can be a hero but for kids, that can be reassuring. It's a simple plot, but some good characters make up for that.

Our leads, Bernard and Miss Bianca, are nicely paired. They don't really develop as…