• Matt

★★★ Rewatched by Matt 05 Feb, 2016

Based on the series of books by Margery Sharp, this slight, underrated but agreeable Disney flick from 1977 is one that never truly wows, never absolutely overcomes its average story and mediocre production values or its status of "lesser Disney", but The Rescuers always remains charming and never outstays its welcome.

When I say "average story", I don't totally mean "average". The tail follows two members of the Mouse International Rescue Aid Society (the elegant Hungarian mouse Miss Bianca, voiced…

• Austin Bryant

★★½ Rewatched by Austin Bryant 31 Jan, 2016

Opening titles are beautiful... and its pretty much all down hill from there.

I do still like the part with the 'gators trying to force the mice out by playing to organ, but for some reason, I remembered this being much better.

2.75/5

• Hoppity

★★½ Rewatched by Hoppity 17 Jan, 2016

- für Disney-Verhältnisse eher langweilige Geschichte
    - wenige lustige Ideen, wie z.B. das Albatros-Flugzeug oder der trinkende Hillbilly

Fazit: der Film hat viel Charme verloren, seit ich ihn das letzte mal als Kind gesehen habe!

• jokainii

★★½ Watched by jokainii 09 Jan, 2016

Beautiful scenery. Fine voice acting. I love Penny and her teddy bear.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this old school animation/adventure/romantic/cultural/crime/musical film title is now on DVD and yes this original installment has a sizable profit margin of roughly $70 million [based on the fact it took well less than $2 million to make.] The basic storyline is this, the audience meets this little girl and she drops a bottle into a swamp with a message inside it that basically says [somebody please help I have been kidnapped] and now help is on its…

• Katie

★★★★ Added by Katie

Mein absoluter Lieblingskinderfilm. Für mich einfach Kindheit pur, ich hab diesen und den 2.Teil früher rauf und runter gesehen, bis die Videokassette den Geist aufgab. Noch heute kann ich überall mitsprechen und -singen. Die Geschichte ist einfach niedlich, und Medusa ist bis heute die fieseste Disney-Bösewichterin für mich (wie sie sich die Wimpern abzieht..urgh, gruselig!). Ich kann nicht anders als diesem meinem Lieblingsfilm 5 Herzenspunkte zu geben!

• Bethany

★★★★ Watched by Bethany 31 Dec, 2015

I hadn't seen this in years, and some of the touches are really nice. I love the crocodiles. The animation is really beautiful. I am not the biggest fan of the songs that are sung like... over the movie? I don't love them? But other than that, I like it.

• Kyle Cota

★★★ Watched by Kyle Cota 28 Dec, 2015

Just flat out bland. First off, i will say the animation is interesting here. It's kind of a segway between Disney's rough, sketchy animated films of the 1970's, and with the more defined, smoother (yet darker looking) animated films of the 1980's.

But man, was it boring. The two main characters were uninteresting, their job was uninteresting, the villain was just a lazy, recycled Cruella de Vil, and it was not the least bit exciting.

And, in the end the…

• kylegarvey

★★★ Added by kylegarvey

The '77 Disney original, before they went Down Under in '90. 101 DALMATIONS couldn't have a sequel exactly, so some of its elements (mainly Cruella de Vil inspiring Madame Medusa) carried over. Don Bluth came on as lead animator. Simplistic themes honk awfully hard but still a bit more effectively than its later sequel. One of Disney's best, at least for a thin later-classical period.

• Jessi Ellen

Added by uncannycandi

BERNARD ABD BIANCA!!!!!!! THE IDEAL

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Gehman 08 Dec, 2015

"R-E-S-C-U-E, rescue aid society, head held high, touch the sky, you mean everything to me."

The Rescuers feels a bit like Disney put some of their prior films into a blender and hit "full speed ahead", which should be a recipe for a terrible movie. But it's not. As far as I'm concerned, The Rescuers is the third best Disney animation, right after The Great Mouse Detective (2nd best) and both lagging significantly behind Robin Hood (easily outpacing nearly every…