• Dana

★★★ Watched by Dana 28 Sep, 2015

Wonderful classic animation with that distinct dark flaire Disney movies from way back when. That poor Jenny. I mean, Penny.*

*I totally think Disney should have stuck with their idea to treat Oliver & Company as a spin-off type sequel to this, but FINE.

• maya

★★★½ Watched by maya 20 Sep, 2015

i'd never seen this one before!! it's super cute and the characters are incredibly likeable. they could have done a lot more with the story, though. i know there's a sequel so i'm going to watch that one too!

• Cody

★★★★ Watched by Cody 16 Sep, 2015

This is one I've never seen before, save for a scene here and there. The premise is kind of interesting, an organization of mice that traverse the world helping folks in need. It kind of gives way to an obvious moral of anyone can be a hero but for kids, that can be reassuring. It's a simple plot, but some good characters make up for that.

Our leads, Bernard and Miss Bianca, are nicely paired. They don't really develop as…

• Hannah

★★★ Added by Hannah

The creepy lady always freaked me out as a kid with her stupid alligator pets. I think I liked this movie so much when I was a kid because my parents never bought it, so when I did get to watch it, I treasured it and analyzed everything.The music is what made this movie, it was done so well, I can't really explain it, but that's what sticks out to me

• Mark Boszko

★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 12 Sep, 2015

Something about a diamond, I guess. The background art is gorgeous, especially in Devil's Bayou, and especially especially the old abandoned riverboat. The jet-powered swamp skimmer was pretty sweet too.

• RIMovieCorner

★★★½ Added by RIMovieCorner

Released in the midst of Disney's period of decline in the 70's and early 80's, 'The Rescuers' is an 'okay' film as far as Disney animated films are concerned. I don't think it's 'terrible' but at the same time it's by no means one of Disney's best animated films. It does have the benefit of having a great duo of very likable leads in the form of Bernard and Miss Bianca, excellently voiced by Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor, respectively.…

• Conan Tan

★★★½ Rewatched by Conan Tan 24 Mar, 2015

Cute story. Was only quite dramatic in the first few minutes.

• cvez

★★★★ Watched by cvez 02 Sep, 2015

Boasting a plot line that wouldn't be out of place in a Pixar movie (an international team of mice travel the world saving people under extreme duress) this is a great and extremely underrated movie. The central duo share an interesting dynamic and whilst the animation lacks the panache of the classics that came before and after the mid 70's to 80's Disney slump, the fuzzy art style is a neat match with the mid 70's New York setting. Will definitely be checking out the sequel.

• Margee K

★★★★★ Added by Margee K

Top five best Disney Movie!! 💜

• Henry Chivers

★★½ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 05 Aug, 2015

Okay but not great. A bit too cheesy in parts. It dose have a good evil villain. The songs put it very firmly in the 70s.

• trostlerp

★★★ Rewatched by trostlerp 04 Aug, 2015

Time has passed this by and seems more like one of those many Disney knockoffs released in the decades following than a classic Disney film. Bland characters, a lack of any fantastic element, and the most annoying child voice actress ever.

The concept of rescue mice is good enough (and would lead to the similar TV series "Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers" soon after) and the plot line of using an orphan to fit into a small cave and steal…

• SparklyRaven