• cvez

★★★★ Watched by cvez 02 Sep, 2015

Boasting a plot line that wouldn't be out of place in a Pixar movie (an international team of mice travel the world saving people under extreme duress) this is a great and extremely underrated movie. The central duo share an interesting dynamic and whilst the animation lacks the panache of the classics that came before and after the mid 70's to 80's Disney slump, the fuzzy art style is a neat match with the mid 70's New York setting. Will definitely be checking out the sequel.

• Margee K

★★★★★ Added by Margee K

Top five best Disney Movie!! 💜

• Henry Chivers

★★½ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 05 Aug, 2015

Okay but not great. A bit too cheesy in parts. It dose have a good evil villain. The songs put it very firmly in the 70s.

• trostlerp

★★★ Rewatched by trostlerp 04 Aug, 2015

Time has passed this by and seems more like one of those many Disney knockoffs released in the decades following than a classic Disney film. Bland characters, a lack of any fantastic element, and the most annoying child voice actress ever.

The concept of rescue mice is good enough (and would lead to the similar TV series "Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers" soon after) and the plot line of using an orphan to fit into a small cave and steal…

• SparklyRaven

Watched by SparklyRaven 01 Jan, 2000

Childhood Classic

• Avaitor

★★★★ Rewatched by Avaitor 18 Jul, 2015 5

A lot of Disney's 70's cheese is present here- AM soft rock tracks that don't really add to the environment, a major performance from a child actor who can barely handle their part, and enough predictable turns that a five year old could guess right away. But more than enough of it works for a satisfying package, with a great antagonist out of Madame Medusa, and strong chemistry between Bernard and Miss Bianca.

This won't rank among my favorite Disney films, but it's easily among the few highlights from the 70's. At the very top,

• Princess Leia

★★★½ Rewatched by Princess Leia 19 Jul, 2015 2

TWO LITTLE MICE...!!!!, two little mice, I'm speechless.

This is Disney I'm talking about, of' course this was in the 70"s when Disney needed love from their fans more than ever. You got two foreign Corresponding mice, a little girl who acted like she was in a school play whenever you saw her scenes, a villain who would make ''Hall & Oates'' blush with shame, and she channels Cruella De Vil, why, because Madame Medusa drives exactly like Cruella (so you…

• Brendan Edwards

★★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 14 Jul, 2015

Lovely film and one of my favourites from my childhood. A Disney classic i can never get tired of.

• Andy Nelson

★★★ Rewatched by Andy Nelson 10 Jul, 2015

My thoughts: I always remember the slow pacing with this movie and the very 70s-sounding music. But wow. I had forgotten just how dark this story is. It's basically about a girl who's been kidnapped and is being used in child labor essentially. She certainly does need rescuing, and luckily these two mice and their friends are resourceful enough to save her. Maybe as a kid, I just never realized how terrifying of a world poor Penny lives in, but…

• Katie Bottomley
  • Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

The Walt Disney animators returned to top form with this beautifully crafted and wonderfully expressive cartoon feature, the first major work to come out of the Disney studios in a decade. There are limitations to Disney's naturalistic style, but for every failure of imagination there is a triumph of craftsmanship. Your enjoyment may depend on how well you tolerate cute little mice that talk like Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor, but patience is well rewarded—much of it is genuinely funny and touching.

• Jason

★★★★ Watched by Jason 03 Jul, 2015

This is another really sweet and imaginative Disney film. I love the idea of a mouse organisation within the United Nations. The animation looks wonderful as ever and there is some great music in the film too.