• SparklyRaven

Watched by SparklyRaven 01 Jan, 2000

Childhood Classic

• Avaitor

★★★★ Rewatched by Avaitor 18 Jul, 2015 5

A lot of Disney's 70's cheese is present here- AM soft rock tracks that don't really add to the environment, a major performance from a child actor who can barely handle their part, and enough predictable turns that a five year old could guess right away. But more than enough of it works for a satisfying package, with a great antagonist out of Madame Medusa, and strong chemistry between Bernard and Miss Bianca.

This won't rank among my favorite Disney films, but it's easily among the few highlights from the 70's. At the very top,

• Princess Leia

★★★½ Rewatched by Princess Leia 19 Jul, 2015 1

TWO LITTLE MICE...!!!!, two little mice, I'm speechless.

This is Disney I'm talking about, of' course this was in the 70"s when Disney needed love from their fans more than ever. You got two foreign Corresponding mice, a little girl who acted like she was in a school play whenever you saw her scenes, a villain who would make ''Hall & Oates'' blush with shame, and she channels Cruella De Vil, why, because Madame Medusa drives exactly like Cruella (so you…

• Brendan Edwards

★★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 14 Jul, 2015

Lovely film and one of my favourites from my childhood. A Disney classic i can never get tired of.

• Andy Nelson

★★★ Rewatched by Andy Nelson 10 Jul, 2015

My thoughts: I always remember the slow pacing with this movie and the very 70s-sounding music. But wow. I had forgotten just how dark this story is. It's basically about a girl who's been kidnapped and is being used in child labor essentially. She certainly does need rescuing, and luckily these two mice and their friends are resourceful enough to save her. Maybe as a kid, I just never realized how terrifying of a world poor Penny lives in, but…

• Katie Bottomley
  • Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

The Walt Disney animators returned to top form with this beautifully crafted and wonderfully expressive cartoon feature, the first major work to come out of the Disney studios in a decade. There are limitations to Disney's naturalistic style, but for every failure of imagination there is a triumph of craftsmanship. Your enjoyment may depend on how well you tolerate cute little mice that talk like Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor, but patience is well rewarded—much of it is genuinely funny and touching.

• theactualjase

★★★★ Watched by theactualjase 03 Jul, 2015

This is another really sweet and imaginative Disney film. I love the idea of a mouse organisation within the United Nations. The animation looks wonderful as ever and there is some great music in the film too.

• Anthony

★★★★ Added by Anthony

The Rescuers Movie Review #61
    Disney Review #23

This is considered an underrated gem, but is it any good. Let's find out!
    The story has been used a lot. When someone is kidnapped two unlikely people have to save them. This time it just involves mice. It's over used but ok. The characters are all ok. That's really how they all are. The animation is classic Disney animation but this has nothing special. The songs to me are memorable that…

• Paul Anthony Johnson

★★★ Watched by Paul Anthony Johnson 17 Jun, 2015

The gray, melancholy palette and impressionistic backgrounds offer a nice counterbalance to the overbearingly bright, relentlessly popping visuals of modern computer animated features, and the variety and warmth of the character animation provide a lot of fun and sentiment (I especially loved the elderly cat at the orphanage, and regretted the movie never returned to him), but those virtues only partially compensate for the thin, sluggish story that often feels like little more than an episodic parade of left-over story bits from earlier, better Disney movies.

• Priscila

★★★ Added by Priscila

3/5

• Sabela La

★★½ Rewatched by Sabela La 08 Jun, 2015

Vigésimo tercer filme de animación Disney.

'Los rescatadores' fue un enorme éxito de taquilla, hasta el punto que fue el primero de los clásicos en tener secuela (además estrenada en salas).

Esta vez, los animalillos parlanchines y medio-vestidos conviven con humanos en el Nueva York del momento sin que a nadie parezca importarle lo más mínimo. ¿Y por qué envían a la embajadora húngara con el conserje a salvar a Penny? La respuesta a todo esto podría ser "Disney logic",…