• JackRabbit_

Review on Instagram account - JackRabbit_Film_Reviews

www.instagram.com/jackrabbit_film_reviews/

• Ryan Ward

★★½ Watched by Ryan Ward 30 Apr, 2016

I found this poor in comparison to newer Disney films

• leo

★½ Rewatched by leo 03 Apr, 2016

made me so nostalgic i used to watch this when i was a kid

• Julio Olivera

★½ Watched by Julio Olivera 19 Apr, 2016

Oof.

1) Mice are gross, but I'd never really thought about it during an animated movie until just now.

2) I was probably thinking about how gross mice are due to how dull this movie is.

3) The old-timey voice work and characterizations (female mice everywhere should be outraged) don't help.

Pretty amazing that this got a sequel.

• Aron Condorchoa

★½ Added by Aron Condorchoa

• Andrew R.

★★★★ Added by Andrew R.

It's fun, but when Winnie the Pooh comes out the same year it looks pretty weak. Medusa is an icon though.

• Rainey Dawn

★★★ Rewatched by Rainey Dawn 24 Oct, 2014

The Rescuers is a very cute animated adventure film - it is good to watch if you like any of the classic animated movies from Disney. But I will have to say that I was never that big of a fan of this animation - even as a 5 year old kid.

The story is fairly good but I did not find the characters that alluring or appealing as I did with most other Walt Disney toons. To me, The…

• David92

★★★★ Rewatched by David92 04 Apr, 2016

The Rescuers is a bit lifeless and forgettable with too much action near the end, but it is so inherently charming and romantic with wonderful and likable characters, some very intense and memorable sequences, really moving and underrated songs and many heartwarming moments. It is Disney’s best film from the seventies without a doubt.

• Tristiac

★★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 22 Mar, 2016

Slight Disney from the scratchy animation era with a cloying little girl and a soundtrack full of the worst of Carpenter style 70s ballads, but still a decent little adventure. Bernard and Bianca are totally great protagonists that could have anchored many more adventures. Frankly I'm surprised this was never turned into a Disney tv show since a mouse couple rescuing different people from whatever dangers basically writes itself.

• Devin Sheridan

★★½ Rewatched by Devin Sheridan 20 Mar, 2016

A bit under-cooked in almost all aspects. Although I do thoroughly enjoy the insanity of the villain.

I was almost more interested to find out that "The popularity of the film almost led to a spin-off TV-series in 1989; however, when the animation department green-lit its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under, the project was scrapped. The series was still made, but Bernard and Miss Bianca were replaced with Chip and Dale, and the series was called Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers.

• Matt Fisher

★★½ Watched by Matt Fisher 20 Mar, 2016

***Blind Spot Project: Film #56***

1977 is roughly the year that disco started stealing the airwaves away from Laurel Canyon soft rockers, no doubt due to over-saturation and overall lack of quality, and The Rescuers is sort of the cinematic equivalent to milquetoast artists like Seals & Crofts or Christopher Cross; soft, friendly, AM radio ready, but exceeding bland.
    They animated the hell out of the villain (who seemed like early version of The Little Mermaid's Ursula), but everything else was pretty stale.

• Nathan Anderson

★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Anderson 17 Mar, 2016

While the Rescuers ultimately feels like one of Disney's more inherently "cheap" efforts, it's still plenty enjoyable. Medusa and Snoops are honestly some of Disney's best and most quirky character designs in their entire filmography, which as an artist myself, really appeals to me.