• S_MTX

★★★ Rewatched by S_MTX 18 Mar, 2015

It's a little disappointing to find that this movie doesn't really hold up as an adult. When I was younger this was one of the VHS tapes that I watched a lot being one of the few English language tapes I had. I didn't love it but I always found it enjoyable. Watching it now it's surprising how unremarkable it is. The story is just okay. A lot of the humor just falls flat. The animation is just okay.

But…

• Luke Gorham

★★★ Added by Luke Gorham

3 out of 5 (B-)

• Jeffrey Chen

★★★ Rewatched by Jeffrey Chen 07 Oct, 2012

This wasn't one of the titles I watched too often as a kid. I'd venture to say I'd really only seen it twice or three times before this rewatch. I was never high on it, and I would say that opinion holds. I've always much preferred The Rescuers Down Under. I will say, however, that this viewing did get me to notice just how very Don Bluth it is.

• feedingbrett

★★★½ Watched by feedingbrett 04 Mar, 2015 7

Review In A Nutshell:

My appreciation and experience for Disney Animated Studios are found in spots, as throughout their entire filmography, which at the moment is at 53 films, there are clusters of films that I have seen from the studio like the first five films then a gap of unseen symphonies, then another string of films, with a large gap found in the middle (the 70s-80s Disney), finding familiarity and adoration within the Renaissance period, with a similar pattern…

• Alex Lovendahl

★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 27 Feb, 2015

Lots of pretty stuff happening; a lot of people think of the "lean years" as artistically bankrupt, but I think the production restraints really improved the artwork in these films.

Now, a call that they're creatively bankrupt might be fair; I like Bernard and Bianca, and Medusa is great to watch move, but there's really not much happening in this one's brain.

• The Movie King

★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 23 Feb, 2015 3

Talk about a nostalgic classic! A film about two mice who set out to rescue an abducted orphaned girl from this mad woman only interested in her teeny body in order to retrieve a lavish diamond; not really that great of an idea to come by, is it? Not only that, but the animation looks like someone got drunk in the middle of the night and drew what he thought was something out of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon. But when looking…

• Gonzo

Animation: ★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    Eva Gabor's voice: ★★★★★

What I Learned:
    Due to the overwhelming predictability and lack of creative stories plaguing the industry this has become an even bigger breath of fresh air, an ignored Disney classic

• msmere

Added by msmere

Classic

• Glorbes

★★★½ Watched by Glorbes 24 Jan, 2015

Movie night with the kids! Never saw this one before, and while the animation is obviously from Disney's lean years, the story and characters are plenty cute, with that special darker edge that makes Disney cartoons both irresistible and nightmarish to small children. My five year old had a great time.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 17 Jan, 2015

I didn't watch this a ton when I was a kid. Was always partial to the sequel. I loved this one a lot more this time around. The animation and music along withthe dark and creepy tone of the movie was all pretty great. Good stuff.

• Joe Cunningham

★★★ Watched by Joe Cunningham 10 Jan, 2015

A sweet effort but low-key effort from WDAS's gentler period. Surprised this is the only one of their films to get a sequel (well, until Frozener), but the concept lends itself well to repeat adventures.

• Jason Darby

★★½ Added by Jason Darby

The Rescuers sits right in the middle of the so called "Dark Age" of Disney animation. Critically acclaimed at the time in which it was made, The Rescuers has not held up to repeat viewings over the years.

Adapted from Margery Sharp's novel series about mice who rescue things and people, The Rescuers actually has a lot going for it. The voice talents are quite good and well suited to their parts. Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor actually play really…